Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,469 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? (39756 Views)

When Your House-help Is Straight From The Village (hilarious Photo) / No To Getting A Car Because Am Single / This Is What My House Help Did To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 10, 2015
Toks2008:

Nice idea and this can only come from a lady but just as you wrote, if he has a date i guess a house-help will not even cross his mind so im dead sure he is dateless and then you must understand that most lades are not too virtuous for the other one you wrote about coming to help out so it still boils down to his urgent need to have a lady be it house maid or otherwise to help him out.
Do you know when last i ate home made food? i cant even imagine myself entering the kitchen or making meals call me lazy for all i care and trust me, if i see a lady that is available and decent enough to marry today why wont i concede?
Honestly sis, you are a woman so you can never understand. I feel the OP big time.
You don't blame him, you are not in support and you feel the OP
Bro, stop petting the OP and telling him you are not in support. (Tell him if you are for or against his proposed idea)
What is not ideal is not ideal even though it might not be wrong.
On behalf of my humble self I will say DO NOT TREASPASS grin

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 10, 2015
carefreewannabe:

The media plays an important role in all this, you are right but it should not be an excuse. Therefore, parents should control their kids' media consumption STRICTLY.

My kids are going to grow up without TV.

The bold got to be a joke. embarassed
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by adusco(m): 2:08pm On Jan 10, 2015
Its a NO NO for me, why can't u just get a wifey or if you hav a younger sister and spend d moni on her while she does all d chores.getting a housegal ............congii na bastard o if you no get d fear of God.
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Profezzor: 2:13pm On Jan 10, 2015
I think its a bad idea
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 10, 2015
striktlymi:

The bold got to be a joke. embarassed

No, I am very serious about it. Have you got a problem with it? smiley
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 10, 2015
joe17:
cheesy cheesy cheesy yeah! We knw u ar kidding grin

Right?

I am serious. I don't want my kids to watch TV as long as possible.
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 10, 2015
carefreewannabe:

No, I am very serious about it. Have you got a problem with it? smiley

I don't have a problem with it. Matter of fact, it's a move I would support but I am thinking of how practical that approach would be given that you and your husband may have a need to see a programme or two on television.
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by pickabeau1: 2:20pm On Jan 10, 2015
Toks2008:

Honestly sis, you are a woman so you can never understand. I feel the OP big time.

So can you recommend any professional help agency
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 10, 2015
striktlymi:

I don't have a problem with it. Matter of fact, it's a move I would support but I am thinking of how practical that approach would be given that you and your husband may have a need to see a programme or two on television.

You lead by example and so you have to be ready to live without watching TV or just watch it rarely. I rarely watch TV, I listen to the radio and I read a lot. I only watch TV once or twice a week for 2-3 hours so it won't be difficult for me to live without it. I will only switch it on for a little when my kids sleep. I have ABSOLUTELY no problem with it. There is too much trash on TV anyway and I don't feel like seeing it. Waste of time.

As my kids grow, I will choose the channels they have access too. Not everything on TV is bad. Some programs are educative. And I love films so they can watch a good film with me when they grow older.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by zeongeon: 2:23pm On Jan 10, 2015
Just be careful before someone jazz u into being her husband.
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by tosmartak(m): 2:23pm On Jan 10, 2015
joe17:
E go make sense if she ends up being ur wife grin

Buh bros, seriously I fink u need a wife instead cheesy

That's if he doesn't get her pregnant first.

Best advice already given to you by my brotherman here. Just go and marry even if it's a village girl.
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 10, 2015
carefreewannabe:

You lead by example and so you have to be ready to live without watching TV or just watch it rarely. I rarely watch TV, I listen to the radio and I read a lot. I only watch TV once or twice a week for 2-3 hours so it won't be difficult for me to live without it. I will only switch it on for a little when my kids sleep. I have ABSOLUTELY no problem with it. There is too much trash on TV anyway and I don't feel like seeing it. Waste of time.

As my kids grow, I will choose the channels they have access too. Not everything on TV is bad. Some programs are educative. And I love films so they can watch a good film with me when they grow older.

Great!

I totally understand that approach and I agree with it.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 10, 2015
tosmartak:

That's if he doesn't get her pregnant first.

Best advice already given to you by my brotherman here. Just go and marry even if it's a village girl.

grin
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by joe17: 2:33pm On Jan 10, 2015
carefreewannabe:

I am serious. I don't want my kids to watch TV as long as possible.
u knw som schools tutor children using television. Or do want enroll ur kids into local schools?

What am saying really is watching TV is nt bad buh what they watch in it can be bad for them.
Anyway, you want what is best for them, buh dnt make them hate you-it won't b fun.
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by joe17: 2:39pm On Jan 10, 2015
pickabeau1:

So can you recommend any professional help agency
lol.....I can
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 10, 2015
joe17:
u knw som schools tutor children using television. Or do want enroll ur kids into local schools?

They don't watch trash in schools. And I trust that most teachers will choose proper and age-appropriate programs for educative reasons and show a film or a scene or a program every now and then and not let kids consume everything a TV program has to offer for long hours. I have no problem with that. Apart from that, where I live children go to school at the age of 6.

What am saying really is watching TV is nt bad buh what they watch in it can be bad for them.
Anyway, you want what is best for them, buh dnt make them hate you-it won't b fun.

Exactly but many parents let their kids watch TV for many hours and let them watch anything the TV has to offer during the day. And when you see what is shown on TV even in the morning or afternoon, you should be worried that it will have a negative impact on your kids. I am not only talking about se*xually loaded contents but also about violence and other stuff.

Not everyone has to do it like me, no TV at all till they are six but parents should choose the programs their kids see carefully and little kids should not spend more than an hour in front of the TV per day.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 10, 2015
carefreewannabe:

The media plays an important role in all this, you are right but it should not be an excuse. Therefore, parents should control their kids' media consumption STRICTLY.

My kids are going to grow up without TV.

I agree with you that tv is playing a major role in the corrupting of young minds. But if u stop tv, what abt their friends at school, the ones with mobile fones with web access. What abt people who dress like indecesently? Parenting has never been any more difficult than in this period we live it. Parents will need all the help they can get.
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 10, 2015
vfactor:

I agree with you that tv is playing a major role in the corrupting of young minds. But if u stop tv, what abt their friends at school, the ones with mobile fones with web access. What abt people who dress like indecesently? Parenting has never been any more difficult than in this period we live it. Parents will need all the help they can get.

True. You cannot control everything and you shouldn't. It would make you and your kids go crazy.

What you have mentioned there is the reason why in many countries the educated folks move to areas with other other educated people who are enlightened enough to raise their kids in a certain way.

You can partly influence the environment your kids grow in and you can also choose a good school, if you have the means.
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by joe17: 2:58pm On Jan 10, 2015
carefreewannabe:

They don't watch trash in schools. And I trust that most teachers will choose proper and age-appropriate programs for educative reasons and show a film or a scene or a program every now and then and not let kids consume everything a TV program has to offer for long hours. I have no problem with that. Apart from that, where I live children go to school at the age of 6.

Exactly but many parents let their kids watch TV for many hours and let them watch anything the TV has to offer during the day. And when you see what is shown on TV even in the morning or afternoon, you should be worried that it will have a negative impact on your kids. I am not only talking about se*xually loaded contents but also about violence and other stuff.

Not everyone has to do it like me, no TV at all till they are six but parents should choose the programs their kids see carefully and little kids should not spend more than an hour in front of the TV per day.
I totally agree with you on this. Will love to have a wife that reasons the same way you do, when the time comes.
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Toks2008(m): 2:59pm On Jan 10, 2015
favoured234:

You don't blame him, you are not in support and you feel the OP
Bro, stop petting the OP and telling him you are not in support. (Tell him if you are for or against his proposed idea)
What is not ideal is not ideal even though it might not be wrong.
On behalf of my humble self I will say DO NOT TREASPASS grin

Asking him not to is like telling a forty somthn yr old single lady not to accpt marriage proposal from a married man so he should follow his heart biko

But I won't mind a sexy curvy maid too sha expcially a good cook
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Prymestrr(m): 3:04pm On Jan 10, 2015
carefreewannabe:
It sort of irritates me that so many people think of s*ex because of the question the OP asked.
Is this not the country in which most people were brought up by conservative and highly religious parents, where children are trained better than anywhere else? undecided

wondering
Such scenario won't augur well ma dear... It's better 2 avoid temptations rather than trying 2 overcome them.
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by simdam500(m): 3:06pm On Jan 10, 2015
jnrbayano:

The only way I will support this move is if the lady is unattractive (not good looking) in face and in body.

But you really need a woman in your life bro. You will still need her supervision should you be doing the bold by then.

smiley

errrr i don't know how to put this tho..... but no lady is ugly or unattractive...... sure we are able to withstand the heat than one another but then..... if u keep the so called unattractive woman in your house for days.... in weeks her smile will become attractive......

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 10, 2015
chenor:
I am interested in the job. Where do you live
which job cos I don't undastand wat u mean.
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by ChristineC: 3:18pm On Jan 10, 2015
cococandy:
Good if she doesn't spend nights in your house to reduce risk of temptations.

Body no be wood. So u don't enter unplanned parenthood.

And maintain professionalism at all times. No calling by first names or idle chit chat:
These things will creep in with time.
Discipline may not be enough sometimes and once the chic start harboring any thought towards that corner (trust me she will), brother it's almost done.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by GoodBoi1(m): 3:47pm On Jan 10, 2015
To be honest, if you are in Nigeria, the answer is no . Let's be real abeg...ain't movie land
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by pickabeau1: 3:56pm On Jan 10, 2015
joe17:
lol.....I can

So recommend
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by aspirebig: 3:59pm On Jan 10, 2015
I don't understand op.
You stay alone and u want a house help,a female btw 20 to 25 yrs? No naa

Bro, are u staying in an expansive bedroom duplex alone? Most people stay alone withou having maids till they are married.

Sincerely speaking,I will not allow any female that I know to go and live with a bachelor,no way. It is not healthy @ all,then if you must get a maid,get a boy of about the same age from Calabar or those areas.

Op should start a relationship that will lead to marriage. How long will u continue to have a maid as a bachelor?

Or,alternatively,depending on your location,get an elderly woman of about 60yrs plus to come and clean your house during the weekends,then allow a trusted drycleaner to handle your clothes,then let another person take care of the cooking or you can consult all those local eatries to cook some good soup for you. That way,no one is living with you @ home and no temptation is there too.
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 10, 2015
OP, Get a maid that comes two times a week to clean and cook.
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Curiouscat: 4:23pm On Jan 10, 2015
carefreewannabe:

I will be highly interested on how that can possibly be achieved. I mean practically.

https://www.nairaland.com/2086042/cheap-affordable-mtn-data-plan
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 10, 2015
Toks2008:

Asking him not to is like telling a forty somthn yr old single lady not to accpt marriage proposal from a married man so he should follow his heart biko
But I won't mind a sexy curvy maid too sha expcially a good cook
Toks2008 i go help you find one

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by joe17: 4:28pm On Jan 10, 2015
pickabeau1:

So recommend
u ar nt serious grin
Ok, consult a transgender tongue
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by joe17: 4:31pm On Jan 10, 2015
favoured234:

Toks2008 i go help you find one
or u ar one
#just saying

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable / When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! / Group Of Divorced Nigerian Women Celebrate Initiation Of New Members (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.