Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? (28766 Views)

My Sister Is Married To The Most Chronic Cheat Ever. Please I Need Advice / 7 Reasons Why Married Men Cheat / Why We Cheat On Our Husbands - Nigerian Women Open Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by Mynd44: 6:47am On Jan 16, 2015
5minsmadness:

Mistake: (noun:mîstæké) an action or judgement that is misguided or wrong.
@OxfordDictionary

Now lordreed, mynd44 et al; is cheating on a partner a wrong/misguided action?

A simple Yes/No will suffice.
It will be fun to see how you guys wriggle out of this. smiley

No!
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by 5minsmadness: 6:52am On Jan 16, 2015
Mynd44:

No!
grin grin grin

So cheating is the right action then? grin
Wow. Never knew you supported the act cheesy
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by Nobody: 6:58am On Jan 16, 2015
Funny thread. Nairaland men are ridiculous. grin
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by Mynd44: 7:03am On Jan 16, 2015
5minsmadness:

grin grin grin

So cheating is the right action then? grin
Wow. Never knew you supported the act cheesy
Answer this question Yes/No only

Can you steal meat from a pot by mistake?
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 16, 2015
Mynd44:

Yes grin grin grin

I'm laughing. tongue
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by 5minsmadness: 7:09am On Jan 16, 2015
Mynd44:

You want to try reverse psychology on me? Me? Lol! You jam rock. grin

Lets finish the matter at hand before we jump to the next one. I'm not going to do your defending for you.

So. You have said that cheating is not wrong. I don't know if you realise the amount of hurt it brings to those who have been hurt, the emotional damage it causes, the destruction of trust , not to talk of diseases that can be spread through it act. As far as I am concerned it is a despicable, hateful, shameful act!

Why would you support cheating ma?

Why would you say it isn't a wrongful/misguided action?
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by Mynd44: 7:09am On Jan 16, 2015
VickyyB:

Yes grin grin grin

I'm laughing. tongue
Hehehehehehehehehehe.

They will soon say the analogy is wrong.

Maybe next thing is that you can commit premeditated murder by "Mistake"
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by Mynd44: 7:12am On Jan 16, 2015
5minsmadness:

Lets finish the matter at hand before we jump to the next one. I'm not going to do your defending for you.

So. You have said that cheating is not wrong. I don't know if you realise the amount of hurt it brings to those who have been hurt, the emotional damage it causes, the destruction of trust , not to talk of diseases that can ne spread through it act.

Why would you support cheating ma?

I answered your question. Answer mine if you dare.

You asked a simple question and I answered. I also have replies to these ones but if you dont answer mine why should I bother to answer yours?

Not answering mine shows you a coward who is not capable of defending his words and what he says.

Can you steal a piece of meat from a pot by mistake
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 16, 2015
Mynd44:

Hehehehehehehehehehe.

They will soon say the analogy is wrong.

Maybe next thing is that you can commit premeditated murder by "Mistake"
Bunch of kids lipsrsealed on Family section.

Don't mynd them..
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by Mynd44: 7:16am On Jan 16, 2015
VickyyB:

Bunch of kids lipsrsealed on Family section.

Don't mynd them..
And he is scared of "reverse psychology" he does not know we know how to catch people who lie to themselves. And believe their own lies.

5minsmadness answer the question. It is simple enough cheesy

1 Like

Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by Nobody: 7:24am On Jan 16, 2015
Mynd44:

And he is scared of "reverse psychology" he does not know we know how to catch people who lie to themselves. And believe their own lies.

5minsmadness answer the question. It is simple enough cheesy
5minsmadness come and show your madness for 5mins(No pun intended) cheesy
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by Mynd44: 7:26am On Jan 16, 2015
VickyyB:

Easy ooo. Before we get accused of "bullying"

3 Likes

Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by 5minsmadness: 7:33am On Jan 16, 2015
Mynd44:

I answered your question. Answer mine if you dare.

You asked a simple question and I answered. I also have replies to these ones but if you dont answer mine why should I bother to answer yours?

Not answering mine shows you a coward who is not capable of defending his words and what he says.

Can you steal a piece of meat from a pot by mistake

Further reverse psychology, trying to get me emotional grin You have failed!

First admit that you support cheating a lá your statement. Make it plain then I will answer yours. Failure to do this shows you are a troll who refuses to take correction and so full of pride you would rather wallow in your errors than admit you made a mistake!(that word again grin)

So sir do you support cheating / infidelity? Lets make it plain and I promise I will answer your question grin
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by Nobody: 7:38am On Jan 16, 2015
If anybody cheats, you have the option of bouncing the person or forgiving.... If you choose to forgive, do so and forever hold your peace.. you made a decision... however, it's not a must for ur gesture to be reciprocated when you cheat too... you had ur choices so does the other person... A person who cheats may regret his action and never do so again, a person who has never cheated may cheat someday, a person who cheat may still do so again.... circumstances, positions, situations make people do things they wouldn't normally do... A cheat would always remain a cheat, a thief would always remain a thief, a prostitute would always remain a prostitute.... these are some of the useless generalizations Nigerians are known for... Every generalization is generally wrong.....

I didn't even go through the thread sef

1 Like

Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by 5minsmadness: 7:40am On Jan 16, 2015
VickyyB:

VickykyB , don't be drawn into her loud mouthed and quick responses. All are signs of nervousness on her part.

And nobody is being bullied here grin. I'm as calm as a cucumber grin

Let her admit that she supports cheating, let us have it on record in a post. Or let her admit cheating is a mistake. Then I PROMISE to answer her question grin
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 16, 2015

1 Like

Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by Nobody: 7:46am On Jan 16, 2015
5minsmadness:

VickykyB , don't be drawn into her loud mouthed and quick responses. All are signs of nervousness on her part.

And nobody is being bullied here grin. I'm as calm as a cucumber grin

Let her admit that she supports cheating, let us have it on record in a post. Or let her admit cheating is a mistake. Then I PROMISE to answer her question grin
Mynd44 is HE not SHE cheesy

You were expecting all HE to support you...

2 Likes

Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by 5minsmadness: 7:50am On Jan 16, 2015
njokusboy:
If anybody cheats, you have the option of bouncing the person or forgiving.... If you choose to forgive, do so and forever hold your peace.. you made a decision... however, it's not a must for ur gesture to be reciprocated when you cheat too... you had ur choices so does the other person ... A person who cheats may regret his action and never do so again, a person who has never cheated may cheat someday, a person who cheat may still do so again.... circumstances, positions, situations make people do things they wouldn't normally do... A cheat would always remain a cheat, a thief would always remain a thief, a prostitute would always remain a prostitute.... these are some of the useless generalizations Nigerians are known for... Every generalization is generally wrong.....

I didn't even go through the thread sef
@bolded Thank you sir! This is what am trying to say and all of a sudden people are arguing semantics grin
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by LordReed(m): 7:52am On Jan 16, 2015
5minsmadness:

Mistake: (noun:mîstæké) an action or judgement that is misguided or wrong.
@OxfordDictionary

Now lordreed, mynd44 et al; is cheating on a partner a wrong/misguided action?

A simple Yes/No will suffice.
It will be fun to see how you guys wriggle out of this. smiley

Sorry a yes or no will not suffice because you picked the most favorable definition to support your position. Here are other definitions of mistake from the dictionary:

verb (mistakes, mistaking; past mistook, past participle mistaken)
(transitive) To understand wrongly, taking one thing for another, or someone for someone else.
Sorry, I mistook you for my brother. You look very similar.
Shakespeare
My father's purposes have been mistook.
(intransitive) To commit an unintentional error; to do or think something wrong.
(obsolete) To take or choose wrongly.

So the counter questions goes to you, how is cheating an unintentional error?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by Mynd44: 8:05am On Jan 16, 2015
5minsmadness:

So. 1. [/b]You have said that cheating is not wrong. I don't know if you realise the amount of hurt it brings to those who have been hurt, the emotional damage it causes, the destruction of trust , not to talk of diseases that can be spread through it act. As far as I am concerned it is a despicable, hateful, shameful act!

[b]2. [/b]Why would you support cheating ma?

[b]3.
1. I did not say cheating is not wrong. You will get the logic soon

2. I don't support cheating

3. Cheating is not a wrong/misguided act because when you are about to cheat, that time before you get into the act, you have agreed within yourself that that is the best thing to do. You have convinced yourself that at that point, cheating is right and you are not wrong. That is the point where you lose all respect for your spouse as regards your faithfulness.

You have told yourself that "I cannot be anymore right and to actually not do this is wrong" you have convinced yourself that you are right by your standards and no ine else matters which is the selfish part. Your not considering those you love most. At any point you can give in and say "this is wrong but no" you take off the first piece of clothing, second, third etc and you stick to your own version of "right and wrong"

It is not misguided because even though you were advised by others to go ahead and cheat that it is right or you want to go for the"thrill", you can still stop but the deep selfishness and/or wickedness in you has told you that at that point, you have taken the right step and advice. You cannot be more right.

Sure a part of you might even come up to tell you this is wrong but you ignore it and that part becomes the "wrong advice" that part becomes the "misguidance" you bend the concept of truth and lies to satisfy yourself and that is the wickedness in cheating.

When you are done, you then go back to default settings probably because it was not good enough or you suddenly realize that your conscience is not allowing you rest and you and so you try to seek forgiveness so as to ease your pain: Selfishness again.

Some hide it and carry om convinced that they did wrong but what they heck it has happened forgetting that they did not think it wrong while doing the deed.

This is why in court, things " I made a mistake when I robbed the bank" are not factored in. You did not cheat by mistake, at the point of action the crime, you knew it was wrong but convinced yourself it was the right and best step.

2 Likes

Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by 5minsmadness: 8:08am On Jan 16, 2015
LordReed:

Sorry a yes or no will not suffice because you picked the most favorable definition to support your position. Here are other definitions of mistake from the dictionary:

verb (mistakes, mistaking; past mistook, past participle mistaken)
(transitive) To understand wrongly, taking one thing for another, or someone for someone else.
Sorry, I mistook you for my brother. You look very similar.
Shakespeare
My father's purposes have been mistook.
(intransitive) To commit an unintentional error; to do or think something wrong.
(obsolete) To take or choose wrongly.

So the counter questions goes to you, how is cheating an unintentional error?
Ok sir. I daresay you are the more logical of the two. Also myndd seems to have evapourated into thin air grin

The word mistake has two functions. NOUN and VERB.

In the context of cheating, Mistake takes on its NOUN function. It IS a wrongful act.

In the context of stealing meat from the pot(as someone somewhere said grin), It is used as a VERB in qualifying the act.

So there you have it. Ipso facto, Cheating is a wrongful act. A mistake. Let all participants and officials of this honourabe court take note!

Court ajourned! grin
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by Mynd44: 8:10am On Jan 16, 2015
5minsmadness:

Ok sir. I daresay you are the more logical of the two. Also myndd seems to have evapourated into thin air grin

The word mistake has two functions. NOUN and VERB.

In the context of cheating, Mistake takes on its NOUN function. It IS a wrongful act.

In the context of stealing meat from the pot(as someone somewhere said grin), It is used as a VERB in qualifying the act.

So there you have it. Ipso facto, Cheating is a wrongful act. A mistake. Let all participants and officials of this honourabe court take note!

Court ajourned! grin
Questions answered.

Now please answer mine and whatever I ask you after that when I ask you to explain.

You promised to remember?
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by dmjinc(m): 8:12am On Jan 16, 2015
"A cheat will always be a cheat" sometimes undecided
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by 5minsmadness: 8:13am On Jan 16, 2015
VickyyB:

Mynd44 is HE not SHE cheesy

You were expecting all HE to support you...
Myndd is a she! Don't be deceived. Have you ever seen his picture? Heard his voice? All the time i called him she, has she ever corrected me? Have you read her posts since she joined Nairaland?

Myndd is a she Jo until disproved by pictures cheesy

Cc nonso23
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by pickabeau1: 8:16am On Jan 16, 2015
5minsmadness:

Myndd is a she! Don't be deceived. Have you ever seen his picture? Heard his voice? All the time i called him she, has she ever corrected me? Have you read her posts since she joined Nairaland?

Cc nonso23

He is male

1 Like

Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by Mynd44: 8:16am On Jan 16, 2015
5minsmadness:

Cc nonso23

https://www.nairaland.com/2094192/cheat-always-cheat/4#29835777

That is your answer. Answer mine. I dont follow front page threads but I will gladly follow this. I am waiting for your response and then you get to answer another. You promised to.
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by 5minsmadness: 8:18am On Jan 16, 2015
Mynd44:

Questions answered.

Now please answer mine and whatever I ask you after that when I ask you to explain.

You promised to remember?
When you didn't answer my own grin it was lordreed that bailed you out cheesy

Anyways ; don't mind me. Just wanted to pull someone's leg this morning smiley

So there you have it. Ipso facto, Cheating is a wrongful act. A mistake. Let all participants and officials of this honourabe court take note

I already answered it in my reply to lordreed.

The process of stealing meat from the pot is an intentional action and as a verb (which qualifys an unintentional action) it cannot be a mistake. So no. You cannot mistakenly steal meat from the pot.

But when you get older and you are counting mistakes you made as a child you can say stealing was one of them. Hope I explained it well enough.
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by Mynd44: 8:18am On Jan 16, 2015
pickabeau1:

He is male
The guy believes every man would go along with him that you can have sex by "mistake"

1 Like

Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by Mynd44: 8:19am On Jan 16, 2015
5minsmadness:

When you didn't answer my own grin it was lordreed that bailed you out cheesy

Anyways ; don't mind me. Just wanted to pull someone's leg this morning smiley

These are your answers

https://www.nairaland.com/2094192/cheat-always-cheat/4#29835777

Coward!!!
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by Laryne(m): 8:19am On Jan 16, 2015
Cheat! Whats the fuss about it. Everyman cheats. Some are just to scared or shy to do it. Give them the opportunity, them go cheat tell the woman say 'I beg no let anybody know' nothing is absolute though!
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by Tobetoe(m): 8:19am On Jan 16, 2015
Onec a niqqa ,always a niqqa
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by MadCow1: 8:19am On Jan 16, 2015
Mynd44:

What if I kill your child willingly and then realize my mistake. Does that count?

Yess it does..

It's called remorse.

And why pick such an extreme? I fail to see the correlation.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

12 States Where Men Support Hitting Women Who Argue With Their Husbands - NDHS / My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? / Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.