Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,200 members, 7,839,087 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) (46239 Views)

Days Of Oil Are Numbered If Not Over- Ekweremadu / A Soldier With A Rifle Cannot Claim To Be Under-equipped- Badeh / Nigerian Military Disorganized, Under-equipped In Battle Against BokoHaram - CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) by tinacrl01(m): 11:34pm On Jan 15, 2015
I AM NT SURPRISE....... PLZ VOTE FOR JONATHAN SECOND TIME SO HE CAN END CORRUPTION......
Re: Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) by LordMecuzy(m): 11:36pm On Jan 15, 2015
Collynzo9:

This is pure trash!
Why is boko haram always eager to loot barracks and steal weapons if they actually have more sophiscated ones than the military?
Most of BH most advanced weapons were gotten from the Nigerian Army.

They are not eager bro. its just an added advantage to them. Do u expect them to attack a village without 1st destroying the military camp there?
Re: Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) by bskyb(m): 11:38pm On Jan 15, 2015
Re: Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) by eaglechild: 11:39pm On Jan 15, 2015
Did you listen to what was said about BH not being a national issue but a regional and international issue that transcends borders.

Did you also listen to the unanswered questions as to why the international community is so reluctant to help vs other regions eg in the middle east with very similar problems?

Did also listen to the last words the soldier said when asked how he felt about continuing the fight against Boko Haram despite the challenges- He said and i quote "IT IS A CALL TO DUTY".

I felt very very proud of that soldier.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) by Aguks(f): 11:40pm On Jan 15, 2015
DEATHMACHINE:
BUY UNIFORMS ! lies from the pit of hell
To an extent it's true. That I am sure of.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) by jamace(m): 11:42pm On Jan 15, 2015
lacasa:
100% True

Army needs a Buhari more than ever

Feb 14 - GMB to resuscitate our Military

GMB/PYO for Security of Nigeria
But Buhari said soldiers should not kill boko harams because boko harams are his fellow northern muslims:
https://www.nairaland.com/2095243/stop-killing-boko-haram-members
Should we now chose Buhari, a tribalist and an islamic bigot, to govern a secular state like Nigeria? Don't you think christians will definitely be shortchanged?.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) by cocoduck: 11:42pm On Jan 15, 2015
The day I stopped watching Chicken news network was one evening they were talking about chocolate and cocoa and of course the world's highest producer of cocoa, can you believe that a they said that A WHOLE IVORY COAST DOES NOT KNOW WHAT CHOCOLATE LOOK LIKE. I rubbed my eyes to make sure I wasn't dreaming, can you imagine that they assemble a group of people and brought out a bar of chocolate and asked them what it was, the 1diots said they don't know, and the cnn journalist broke the chocolate into peices and gave to yhem and they kind of tasted it and started jumping up and down, shouting "c'est bon! c'est bon! c'est bon!".
That was the day I vowed never to have anything to do with them, be cause I personally bought several bars of chocolate in Abidjan and Yamousokouro, different flavors, I bought the Mambo brand and you will see where it is written fabrique en cote d'ivoire. And maybe that is why my lovely Femi Oke left, those nincompoops.
Ah Femi, that's a looooooooong time ago.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) by JideTheBlogger(m): 11:42pm On Jan 15, 2015
Vicotex:
Na dat white man be the 9ja army?

u suppose get sense to know sey na reporter be that nao. No vex biko tongue tongue tongue

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) by Ologunjude(m): 11:43pm On Jan 15, 2015
Over one trillion in defence budget in the last 4years. Where is this money bike? The governor of Bornu State complained one time that our military can't match BK and people shouted him to shut up. We have seen or soldiers fled to Cameroon and Niger. That's the result of corruption. It a pity people here are still defending this govt reasons best known to them.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) by MadCow1: 11:43pm On Jan 15, 2015
Lies....

The Nigeria Army are not under equipped, just poorly motivated and riddled with corruption by the top army brass.

There is no Fhucking way a band of terrorist would be better equipped than a Nations army..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) by omenka(m): 11:43pm On Jan 15, 2015
doctokwus:
One of them also mentioned that corruption is one of d factors preventing them from being well equipped.
This Feb 14 is looking so far off to send dis man back to otueke
People don't even see the bigger picture.

Tompolo has a subsisting security contract with the government for the patrol of our water ways and "importation of arms" (according to NIMASA).

Nigeria's army is underfunded and outnumbered, yet we hear trillions have been spent on defence!!

How much arms has been made available to state actors through Global West Ltd??

Who has been the beneficiary of the imports made by the company above when we are sure it is not NIMASA, the NN, the NA, the NAF, or the NPF??

Is Jonathan deliberately making the Nigerian Army handicap while he equips the militants using state funds through GWL

Think about it guys....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) by PrinceMario(m): 11:45pm On Jan 15, 2015
Collynzo9:

This is pure trash!
Why is boko haram always eager to loot barracks and steal weapons if they actually have more sophiscated ones than the military?
You can just see the effect of dry weed on your level of reasoning. Just hear yourself dum.b gay, our military are more equipped than BH yet bokoharam will come over to their base,take away their properties successfully with any resistance than for our soldiers to take to their heels.
I don't blame you,your paymaster is clueless so i cant expect anything good/reasonable from you.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) by subnero(m): 11:46pm On Jan 15, 2015
ITbomb:
What really is CNN intentions for Nigeria
The military recently changed all kitting for soldiers involved in Boko Haram operations, the new kits are not found in the market to buy.

Why is America fueling misinformation to mislead the gullible minds

You're just stvpid!!! your stupidity is in HD!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) by Quaritch(m): 11:47pm On Jan 15, 2015
omenka:
People don't even see the bigger picture.

Tompolo has a subsisting security contract with the government for the patrol of our water ways and "importation of arms" (according to NIMASA).

Nigeria's army is underfunded and outnumbered, yet we hear trillions have been spent on defence!!

How much arms has been made available to state actors through Global West Ltd??

Who has been the beneficiary of the imports made by the company above when we are sure it is not NIMASA, the NN, the NA, the NAF, or the NPF??

Is Jonathan deliberately making the Nigerian Army handicap while he equips the militants using state funds through GWL

Think about it guys....

Obasanjo's 4th question!

We are seeing the answer to that now

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jan 15, 2015
MadCow1:
Lies....

The Nigeria Army are not under equipped, just poorly motivated and riddled with corruption by the top army brass.

There is no Fhucking way a band of terrorist would be better equipped than a Nations army..

thank you for speaking the truth.
politics is defeating our nation.

some people are desperate to steal power for a second round instead of waiting for 24 years.
those people know themselves but they will fail.

GEJ till boko haram turn their weapons on their true sponsors!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) by Vikkie14: 11:48pm On Jan 15, 2015
cocoduck:
Only fools watch Chicken News Network
Exactly. Do i blame those "Foreign" media when our own LAZY and CHICKEN-OUT media "cable" houses like NTA, TVC, AIT, and all "terrestial" news channels won't get to the hot zone to give us REAL and LIVE coverage of those incidents, than just reporting "gabbage" according to "some eye witnesses" who we aint sure about their stories. Imagine someone saying 2000 people were killed in a village! Haba! We need to fear God nah. While wont CNN now report their own "side" of the story.

Much blame should be on our MEDIA HOUSES--- screen or papergrin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) by omenka(m): 11:49pm On Jan 15, 2015
jamace:
But Buhari said soldiers should not kill boko harams because boko harams are his fellow northern muslims:
https://www.nairaland.com/2095243/stop-killing-boko-haram-members
Should we now chose Buhari, a tribalist and an islamic bigot, to govern a secular state like Nigeria? Don't you think christians will definitely be shortchanged?.
I hate responding to your quotes because they are completely idiotic most of the times. But if we were to put premium on this post, one would first ask:

Did Buhari say they shouldn't be killed "because they are muslims" as you said?? The answer is "NO". He admonished negotiation just as was done with the ND terrorists.

Secondly, what do you have to say about the president who said he can't kill or send the army to wipe out the terrorists because "they are his siblings and family members"??

Do you now see how idiotic your post is

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) by Ikengawo: 11:51pm On Jan 15, 2015
What is this man wearing?

Nigerian Military Fatigue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) by babestella: 11:54pm On Jan 15, 2015
PrinceMario:
You can just see the effect of dry weed on your level of reasoning. Just hear yourself dum.b gay, our military are more equipped than BH yet bokoharam will come over to their base,take away their properties successfully with any resistance than for our soldiers to take to their heels.
I don't blame you,your paymaster is clueless so i cant expect anything good/reasonable from you.

Pls answer these questions

How many soldiers are in a battalion?
How many battalion do you have on a barrack?
Do you know how many book haram members invade a barrack in one swoop?

If we can answer and analyze these questions, then we will know that the problem we have in our military is in the number of soldiers.
Book haram invade a town or barracks in drones, not less than a thousand. You need to see the video and you'll appreciate the fact that our military men are trying their best to repel these terrorists who have resolved to die.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) by bobchigar(m): 11:56pm On Jan 15, 2015
Collynzo9:

This is pure trash!
Did BH attack the Baracks with bare hand? No,they used their sophiscated weapon to over power the soldiers and attempt to completely render them handicap by carting away those outdated weapon that military are using. Also our military seems not having thorough training, they seems lacking skills and ability to make use of those weapons effectively. I think they need thorough training from advanced nations especially the suppliers of those new weapons that they just delivered otherwise they will underutilise it and it may end up in the hand of those terrorists.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) by Quaritch(m): 11:59pm On Jan 15, 2015
Ikengawo:

Instead of running around posting useless pictures, why don't you do your research first?
Those officers below are wearing same uniform as the man that was interviewed.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) by koboko69: 12:00am On Jan 16, 2015
DEATHMACHINE:

who wan sell the uniform to them ,i never encountered any soldier buying uniforms throughout my stay there ,at least someone in my unit would have done so.

Bro dont say what u dont know. If u wait for only government uniform....well
Thats y u see some soldiers uniform so old.and dirty. As a matter of fact the politics in sharing boots and uniforms....is another sorry case. Corruption every where. If u see the kind of useless boots issued.last embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) by MadCow1: 12:01am On Jan 16, 2015
relchange:

thank you for speaking the truth.
politics is defeating our nation.

some people are desperate to steal power for a second round instead of waiting for 24 years.
those people know themselves but they will fail.

GEJ till boko haram turn their weapons on their true sponsors!

The photo above is the satellite image of Baga village in Borno attacked by Boko Haram..

Does that look to you like something that was politically motivated?

Goodluck Jonathan has proven to be weak and useless against corruption and insecurity. It would be extremely stupiid of us as a nation yo return this man to office for another 4 years.

I don't believe Buhari is our messiah, but he is a change in tactics and methodology. If after four years he also fails to deliver, we will keep switching up until we find the right fit.

Down with Goodluck Jonathan..

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) by babestella: 12:01am On Jan 16, 2015
omenka:
I hate responding to your quotes because they are completely idiotic most of the times. But if we were to put premium on this post, one would first ask:

Did Buhari say they shouldn't be killed "because they are muslims" as you said?? The answer is "NO". He admonished negotiation just as was done with the ND terrorists.

Secondly, what do you have to say about the president who said he can't kill or send the army to wipe out the terrorists because "they are his siblings and family members"??

Do you now see how idiotic your post is

Trash this bro, you don't and can't negotiate with a terrorist. Secondly, Buhari comparing book haram with Niger delta militants shows that he does not understand the security challenges posed by this insurgent and as such will surely do a poor job handling them.his comment was highly irresponsible coming from an elder stateman like him. I'm not sure he can deal with boko haram the way he boast about solving it.

Finally, president Jonas comment about that was unfortunate, but I think he didn't convey his message properly and that is why it sounded distorted and out of place.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) by koboko69: 12:02am On Jan 16, 2015
Ikengawo:

You nor get sense. So since u have been in Nigeria, you have seen only one type.of camo?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 16, 2015
Ikengawo:

I knew that guy was no soldier of the Nigerian army. Obviously he was paid to smear Nigeria's image, whoever he is.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) by MadCow1: 12:04am On Jan 16, 2015
bobchigar:

Did BH attack the Baracks with bare hand? No,they used their sophiscated weapon to over power the soldiers and attempt to completely render them handicap by carting away those outdated weapon that military are using. Also our military seems not having thorough training, they seems lacking skills and ability to make use of those weapons effectively. I think they need thorough training from advanced nations especially the suppliers of those new weapons that they just delivered otherwise they will underutilise it and it may end up in the hand of those terrorists.

grin

More foolish talk..

Name any of the so-called sophisticated weapon that Boko Haram has that the Nigerian Army does not have.. Please I beg of you to name them.

I am very curious to hear the names of these sophisticated arms that they possess.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) by Truckpusher(m): 12:05am On Jan 16, 2015
ITbomb:
What really is CNN intentions for Nigeria
The military recently changed all kitting for soldiers involved in Boko Haram operations, the new kits are not found in the market to buy.

Why is America fueling misinformation to mislead the gullible minds
America is the worst nation you would want to be around when you have any internal conflict in your own land.

They will never give any help that would liberate you instead they are always around to exploit the situation to their own advantage.

Americas nature in every armed conflict can be liked to a prostitute that has no decorum, she'll ditch you at the last minute to jump into bed with whoever that serves her purpose.

African leaders should be more afraid of America than the devil himself.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 16, 2015
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRMUYlvqUBI

[size=15pt]Boko Haram Are Getting Arms From The Nigerian Armed Forces[/size]

Ever wondered where the Islamist sect Boko haram get their arms?. A Public Affairs Analyst, Mahmood Othman, says
the members of Boko Haram get their arms from the Nigerian Armed Forces. He said that the arms are gotten whenever they attack Police stations and military posts.
Muslims in the army are codedly giving out arms to boko haram.
We see through the lies of saboteurs
Re: Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 16, 2015
SHOULDN'T CNN START WITH THEIR OWN COUNTRY'S PROBLEMS?

WHY HAVEN'T THEY INTERVIEWED AMERICAN SOLDIERS ON THE FRONTLINE WHO LACK EQUIPMENT?

U.S. soldiers lack best protective gear
By Jonathan Turley

I recently received a note from one of the few husbands who knows just what his wife wants as a holiday gift. The Army sergeant (who asked to remain anonymous) e-mailed me from Iraq asking my help in finding him a store to buy body armor for his wife.

Both the sergeant and his wife are serving in Iraq, and both have seen action. But, like thousands of U.S. soldiers, his wife was not given the vital ceramic plates for her Kevlar Interceptor vest to protect her from bullet wounds. Instead, he said, she had to scavenge to find plates left behind by Iraqi soldiers — plates of inferior quality that do not properly fit her vest.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/opinion/editorials/2003-12-17-turley_x.htm

Study: U.S. Soldiers Not Adequately Equipped for War

By Sandra I. Erwin

http://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/blog/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=1139

Troops Question Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld about Inadequate Armor

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/military-july-dec04-armor_12-9/

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldiers: We Are Under-Equipped And Out-Numbered - CNN (Photo) by ikweremilitant: 12:09am On Jan 16, 2015
MyInfoo:
Watching on CNN now when 2 soldiers were interviewed one said they buy their uniform, Boko Haram equipment are more sophisticated than theirs while the other says they pay their medical bill themselves when hurt.

This is the highest level of corruption and no human feeling on the part of the present government we have in Nigeria.
loser o o o...loser!...loser o o o...loser! Aaa pee cee una don lose o, loser! Patapata una go lose and cry o, loser!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

On This Day: Two Years Ago, Orubebe. The Man Who Saw Tomorrow / Femi Fani-Kayode Wears 'Isi Agu' Igbo Outfit. Nigerians React (Photos) / Yuguda Left Empty Treasury, Destroyed Bauchi - Governor Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.