Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State (58445 Views)

Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? / The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) / Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Nobody: 1:39am On Dec 26, 2017
yoruba, you can rewrite your "history" as much as you want, but stop venturing into other people's.
As an Edo, I have had enough of yoruba claims. Edo heritage is constantly under assault by yoruba story tellers.
But whatever you guys are selling, we are not buying ! so let us f***ing be !!!! Stop making yourselves spokesmen for our Edo culture and history !!!
You guys don't know us and never will!!! You are too blinded by your wish to claim people and their land.
To you everybody comes from ife (which by the way is totally derived from the english word "life" ) and that claim of yours is getting on everybody's nerves.
I encourage you guys to go and claim illorin which is indeed yoruba instead of needlessly claiming one Edo after an other.
I seriously don't know in which language I have to tell you this fact: we Edo are not yoruba, we are not interested in sharing your label, leave us the f**k alone !

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Nobody: 1:47am On Dec 26, 2017
To all the yoruba "know-it-alls" who think they can make themselves spokesmen for other cultures and peoples, let me ask you this question: what is an Enoggie ? And why are there only Enoggies in Esanland. Who does an Enoggie report to :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MqF5JhgX0g

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by macof(m): 2:12am On Dec 26, 2017
historyworld031:
Prove your claims.
You claim that their name is not AKOKO-EDO, then prove it.
You really have to take a look at the pre-colonial maps before saying such and such place was not part of the Benin Kingdom.
The entire Edo state was a small part of the Benin Kingdom.
The likes of you just keep confusing Benin Kingdom with its capital (Benin City).
And claiming that the Benin empire no longer exists is nonsensical, the people of the empire are still alive, the empire is not any less existing than your ife village or the sokoto caliphate. I know that you yorubas are very busy claiming bits after bits of the Benin empire with the usual "you be yoruba, you dey come from ife".
I just keep wondering why yoruba just have this incredible vanity to think that they know us Edo better than we know ourselves.
You don't even base your "knowledge" on scientific nor histoical facts but on some yoruba story tellers tales or on your personal emotions.
Hear what the Esan princes have to say about Omo n'Oba n'Edo:

You have to understand this, we Edo are one people with one king: Omo n'Oba n'Edo.
Can you imagine your arrogance ?
And stop this foolish "analysis" about language, we all speak english today, does that make us british ?
People learn other languages in order to interact with other peoples (trade, conquest, marrage ...)
By the way, when my Dad was in the army, he learnt haussa, are you going to claim that he is partly haussa now ?
Jamaicans speak english, does that make them british ?
The irish speak english, does that make them englishmen ?
The problem with you macof is that your intellect is very small. You don't know what in hell you are talking about, you can't reason, all you can do is parrot others.

You are a dunce. I've said leave my mentions, your level of intelligence is too low for me to engage in yet another back and forth on another thread.

I'll jst leave you with this;

Benin kingdom is just Bini people, even Esan are not Part of Bini kingdom. Bini kingdom ends at Ovia LGA, all in all, Bini kingdom comprises parts of 6 LGAs in Edo state
Learn the difference between Kingdom and Empire

But of course you can keep your delusions rather than to face your so called French medical education grin

6 Likes

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Nobody: 2:34am On Dec 26, 2017
@macof,
I had forgotten that to the yoruba, village and city and kingdom are synonimous.
What the rest of the world calls Kingdom is what the yorubas call empire.
You will never be able to understand the fact that the Benin Kingdom was a real kingdom which was vast and powerful and which had its own organisation (dukes, chiefs, generals, court guild,...) and its own flag, and its own trade directives and even its own taxes on imports and exports.
You must see it with yoruba eyes.
In yoruba scale, the capital of Benin Kingdom (Benin City) is a kingdom on itself. To yoruba, each yoruba village is itself a kingdom.
I don't think you actually even know what an empire is (I know you will look it up in wikipedia as you read this).
Try and tell what was the difference between the russian kingdom and the russian empire.
And I see you continu talking about the invented "bini" people.
My great grand mother witnessed colonisation and she never ever used the word "bini", when talking about our peope she always said Edo.
But, yoruba spokesmen of other peoples and cultures are free to rewrite an other man's history in order to claim his land.
I know you are deliberately being even sillier than you naturally are.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Deadlytruth(m): 11:09am On Dec 26, 2017
historyworld031:
Prove your claims.
You claim that their name is not AKOKO-EDO, then prove it.
You really have to take a look at the pre-colonial maps before saying such and such place was not part of the Benin Kingdom.
The entire Edo state was a small part of the Benin Kingdom.
The likes of you just keep confusing Benin Kingdom with its capital (Benin City).
And claiming that the Benin empire no longer exists is nonsensical, the people of the empire are still alive, the empire is not any less existing than your ife village or the sokoto caliphate. I know that you yorubas are very busy claiming bits after bits of the Benin empire with the usual "you be yoruba, you dey come from ife".
I just keep wondering why yoruba just have this incredible vanity to think that they know us Edo better than we know ourselves.
You don't even base your "knowledge" on scientific nor histoical facts but on some yoruba story tellers tales or on your personal emotions.
Hear what the Esan princes have to say about Omo n'Oba n'Edo:

You have to understand this, we Edo are one people with one king: Omo n'Oba n'Edo.
Can you imagine your arrogance ?
I actually wonder if you do know that the expression "Oba of Benin" is actually not the real title of the Oba, his real title is "Omo n'Oba n'Edo". One fact which I doubt you ever knew. Also I doubt that you actually knew that the name of the people of the Benin Kingdom is Edo.
And stop this foolish "analysis" about language, we all speak english today, does that make us british ?
People learn other languages in order to interact with other peoples (trade, conquest, marrage ...)
By the way, when my Dad was in the army, he learnt haussa, are you going to claim that he is partly haussa now ?
Jamaicans speak english, does that make them british ?
The irish speak english, does that make them englishmen ?
The problem with you macof is that your intellect is very small. You don't know what in hell you are talking about, you can't reason, all you can do is parrot others.

Thank you for taking your time to school him. He resides far away in Ife and from there he is saying who belongs to Edo and who doesn't, yet when Binis claim his Ife was first ruled by Ozoduwa a Benin prince he gets annoyed. How can an Ife man claim he knows Akoko-Edo more than the people themselves? There is no part of Akoko-Edo that Yorubas are indigenous to. 95℅ of the towns and villages are made up of Benin Migrants whose languages have over time diverged from one another due to differences in times of exodus from the Benin Kingdom. The remaining 5℅ are the Oshuku descendants there whose migrational origin is suspected to be entirely outside Nigeria.
The Akoko root in the name Akoko-Edo was purely for administrative identity and does not in any way connote any cultural or linguistic relationship with Yorubas.
If they are actually Yorubas then how come Yoruba chiefs in the Western Region Assembly pre-Midwest creation used to refer to them derogatorily as "kobokobo" by which they meant a strange people whose languages were incomprehensible?
Yorubas should leave Edo State alone please.
They accuse Kanu of dragging the SS into Biafra but are themselves guilty of dragging a non-Yoruba people into Oodua. This is shameful and hypocritical.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Deadlytruth(m): 11:16am On Dec 26, 2017
macof:

You are a dunce. I've said leave my mentions, your level of intelligence is too low for me to engage in yet another back and forth on another thread.

Benin kingdom is just Bini people, even Esan are not Part of Bini kingdom. Bini kingdom ends at Ovia LGA, all in all, Bini kingdom comprises parts of 6 LGAs in Edo state

But of course you can keep your delusions rather than to face your so called French medical education grin

Please stop saying what you don't know. If at all your assumption that Bini kingdom was limited to the present Edo South LGAs were to be regarded as the truth, then it would have also failed because there are actually 7 LGAs in Edo South and not 6 as you would want your readers to believe. They are
1. Oredo
2. Orhiomwon
3. Egor
4. Ikpoba-Okah
5. Ovia NE
6. Ovia SW
7. Uhumwode.

Please your knowledge about Edo people is not detailed hence your false assumptions regarding the Kingdom and its people.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 26, 2017
Deadlytruth:

Please stop saying what you don't know. If at all your assumption that Bini kingdom was limited to the present Edo South LGAs were to be regarded as the truth, then it would have also failed because there are actually 7 LGAs in Edo South and not 6 as you would want your readers to believe. They are
1. Oredo
2. Orhiomwon
3. Uselu
4. Ikpoba-Okah
5. Ovia NE
6. Ovia SW
7. Uhumwode.

Please your knowledge about Edo people is not detailed hence your false assumptions regarding the Kingdom and its people.
Don't Mention My Name Again

1 Like

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by macof(m): 11:38am On Dec 26, 2017
Deadlytruth:

1. Oredo
2. Orhiomwon
3. Uselu
4. Ikpoba-Okah
5. Ovia NE
6. Ovia SW
7. Uhumwode.

If you don't know the difference between Kingdom and Empire that's not my problem really

And I purposely stated 6 because parts of Orhiomwon belongs to Ika - Igbos

Rather than charge out on "ethnic defence mission" you should have stated what you think Bini kingdom comprises and prove how I'm wrong.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by AxxeMan: 12:07pm On Dec 26, 2017
[s]
macof:

If you don't know the difference between Kingdom and Empire that's not my problem really

And I purposely stated 6 because parts of Orhiomwon belongs to Ika - Igbos

Rather than charge out on "ethnic defence mission" you should have stated what you think Bini kingdom comprises and prove how I'm wrong.
[/s]

Stop talking rubbish !! You Yoruba's are funny !!.... YOU CAN NEVER CLAIM WHAT IS GREATER THAN YOU AND YOUR ANCESTORS!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by macof(m): 3:32pm On Dec 26, 2017
Deadlytruth:

Thank you for taking your time to school him.

Do not be like the uneducated Edos on this forum. There is no schooling the person you quoted can give me, to assume that is even an insult

He resides far away in Ife and from there he is saying who belongs to Edo and who doesn't
I reside very very far away from Ife. And my hometown is not Ife, as that appears to be your assumption.
I am sure not Edo, but it is wrong to think one would have to be Edo to know who is Edo and who is not, you seem oblivious to the concept of Study and research through that one will know that Edo state is different from Edo ethnicity which Akoko is not

, yet when Binis claim his Ife was first ruled by Ozoduwa a Benin prince he gets annoyed
of course I do, not because I have a problem with Bini but because it makes no sense that Oduduwa would come from Bini and Ife would have no tradition of that..even in Bini there is no tradition of that, this Bini connection story is a recent concoction, so inconsistent with the already known facts. I have given my reasons for refuting this so many times, some of them are:
1. Oduduwa - Odu - da - Uwa(Iwa; standard Yoruba)... basic Yoruba, which meaning has nothing to do with Imadoduwa or Izoduwa
2. is it Imadoduwa or Izoduwa? the story claims both names, doesnt make sense, this is an obvious sign that the story is made up
3. the coronation rites of the Oba of Bini doesnt connect him to the Ogiso, everything is a reflection of a totally new Dynasty
4. the name 'Oduduwa' is known in Bini as 'Oduduwa' there is even an Oduduwa festival. what sense does it make to call him Oduduwa when you say he is Izoduwa or Imadoduwa. No traditions exist with him being referred to as Imadoduwa or Izoduwa

Oduduwa might as well come from Bini, after all there are Obas in Yorubaland who came from Bini like the Ogoga of Ikere-Ekiti. But you need evidence, that is why no reputable historian takes the Ikaledehan story seriously.

. How can an Ife man claim he knows Akoko-Edo more than the people themselves? There is no part of Akoko-Edo that Yorubas are indigenous to. 95℅ of the towns and villages are made up of Benin Migrants whose languages have over time diverged from one another due to differences in times of exodus from the Benin Kingdom. The remaining 5℅ are the Oshuku descendants there whose migrational origin is suspected to be entirely outside Nigeria.

The Akoko root in the name Akoko-Edo was purely for administrative identity and does not in any way connote any cultural or linguistic relationship with Yorubas. .

Again, I am not Ife.

95% of Akoko-Edo are not made up of Edo migrants, Even Ibillo and Igarra the largest towns are not, I expect you to know this
There are towns in Akoko-edo founded by Yorubas, towns founded by Edo, towns by other Ethnicities in Nigeria, this cannot be denied.
Another undeniable fact is that Akoko-Edo and Akoko-Ondo are together Akoko as a whole, do not try to separate Akoko-edo. So I am not even claiming Akoko as a whole are originally Yoruba, because that is not true, the area is multi -cultural and -linguistic but the Yoruba factor(which has existed since pre-colonial times) is fast becoming dominant

5 Likes

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by 9jakool: 6:56pm On Dec 26, 2017
macof:

Even suggesting all of Ovia is too generous. There are Yoruba dialects like Ikale and Usen spoken in parts of Ovia NE and Ovia SW.

4 Likes

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by macof(m): 8:01pm On Dec 26, 2017
9jakool:

Even suggesting all of Ovia is too generous. There are Yoruba dialects like Ikale and Usen spoken in parts of Ovia NE and Ovia SW.

I didn't even know this

I wonder why there aren't any reasonable Edo on this forum
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 26, 2017
Some foolish yoruba think Edo need yoruba permission to exist. You guys can just keep dreaming of us joigning your fake yoruba "tribe". We know ourselves and we will not let outsiders devide us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 26, 2017
"you dey come from ife, you be yoruba, your oba be oduduwa son".
yoruba will always be backward, always trying to claim an other man's heritage.
I bet you that soon these natural 419ers will be talking about the bight of oyo or the bight of yoruba.
the village head of ife known as ooni of ife is already calling himself "his emperial majesty".
The funny thing is that the Edo don't give a hoot about yoruba, we even feel much more connections with igbo and kogi people, but yoruba just can't get enough of talking about s Edos.
Everyday a yoruba must claim something Edo.
They have claimed the title of our King "Oba".
They tried to lay claim to the Benin bronzes.
They tried to lay claim to Benin City.
They tried to lay claim to Edo-north.
They tried to lay claim to AKOKO-EDO people and their land.
They tried to lay claim to our King.
What kind of inferiority complex do these yoruba have ?
When my wife gives birth, I wouldn't be surprised if some yoruba come and claim my baby as his own, that is their tradition of claiming everything which belongs to Edo.
I am Edo. One people (Edo), one Kingdom (Benin Kingdom) and one king: Omo n'Oba n'Edo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by 9jakool: 9:22pm On Dec 26, 2017
macof:

I didn't even know this

I wonder why there aren't any reasonable Edo on this forum
Very few people point this out, but there are Yoruba-speaking minority communities in Ovia.
I don't know the popularity of Usen dialect today, but the town of Usen and the surrounding communities in Ovia NE speak a distinct Yoruba dialect.
Yoruba communities in Ovia NE local government include
Egbeta
Usen
Ilorin
Ogbese
Ago Panu
Uhen

The Ikale dialect can be found in parts of Ovia SW local government area adjacent to Irele Local Government in Ondo state.
The Yoruba speaking communities in Ovia SW include
Siluko
Ago Akinde
Kekere
Foniyege
Lakolako
Gbelemotin Oke
Gbelemotin Odo

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by OlaoChi: 9:37pm On Dec 26, 2017
historyworld031:
I bet you that soon these natural 419ers will be talking about the bight of oyo or the bight of yoruba.
the village head of ife known as ooni of ife is already calling himself "his emperial majesty".
The funny thing is that the Edo don't give a hoot about yoruba, we even fill much more connections with igbo and kogi people, but yoruba just can't get enough of talking about s Edos.
When my wife gives birth, I wouldn't be surprised if some yoruba come and claim my baby as his own, that is their tradition of claiming everything which belongs to Edo.
I am Edo. One people (Edo), one Kingdom (Benin Kingdom) and one king: Omo n'Oba n'Edo.

Why are you being a nuisance? Edo people are supposed to be better than this
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by AxxeMan: 9:49pm On Dec 26, 2017
[s]
OlaoChi:

Why are you being a nuisance? Edo people are supposed to be better than this
[/s]

Keep Shut!! Are you blind to the myopic Yoruba's here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by AxxeMan: 9:51pm On Dec 26, 2017
historyworld031:
The funny thing is that the Edo don't give a hoot about yoruba, we even feel much more connections with igbo and kogi people, but yoruba just can't get enough of talking about s Edos.

I laugh anytime I hear the word Yoruba cuz I know what they truly are!!

Edo is greater than them in every ramification!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by OlaoChi: 9:53pm On Dec 26, 2017
AxxeMan:
[s][/s]

Keep Shut!! Are you blind to the myopic Yoruba's here
I followed the thread and have actually learnt some things from the Yorubas on here, you and the other guy on the other hand just attack and hate without actually contributing anything

3 Likes

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by AxxeMan: 9:56pm On Dec 26, 2017
[s]
OlaoChi:
I followed the thread and have actually learnt some things from the Yorubas on here, you and the other guy on the other hand just attack and hate without actually contributing anything
[/s]

You Learnt nothing but lies now move along kid

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by OlaoChi: 10:00pm On Dec 26, 2017
AxxeMan:
[s][/s]

You Learnt nothing but lies now move along kid
Do you have the intellectual standing and expertise to prove them lies? or you just say so because you do not like it undecided

2 Likes

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by AxxeMan: 10:04pm On Dec 26, 2017
OlaoChi:
Do you have the intellectual standing and expertise to prove them lies? or you just say so because you do not like it undecided

I do not debate with myopic and confused ppl and defineately not debate my rich cultural heritage with Ibadan printing press products ..... Move along kid!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by OlaoChi: 10:07pm On Dec 26, 2017
AxxeMan:

I do not debate with myopic and confused ppl and defineately not debate my rich cultural heritage with Ibadan printing press products ..... Move along kid!!
ok undecided so let those that have something to teach teach

1 Like

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by AxxeMan: 10:11pm On Dec 26, 2017
[s]
OlaoChi:
ok undecided so let those that have something to teach teach
[/s]

Who gives a fvvck? Let those that like eating dirty lies keep swallowing it!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by OlaoChi: 10:16pm On Dec 26, 2017
AxxeMan:

Who gives a fvvck? Let those that like eating dirty lies keep swallowing it!!
what is the lie you are referring to exactly? undecided much information has been passed so what exactly is your problem?

1 Like

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 26, 2017
you are asking a question of which the answer is already on this same thread.
your learning process is erronous, you believe things out of feelings rather than asking for proof.
I provided pre-colonial maps showing Benin Kingdom. That is proof. Your yoruba 419 only have claims which they never care to prove.
I really wonder what is going on with nigerian educational system. You lack the ability to function in the 21st century.
Don't believe tales without proof, and don't believe such tales when there is proof showing them to be wrong.
These yoruba guys know nothing about Edo, yet you think they should teach you about Edo while you want to dismiss people who are actually Edo eventhough the Edo come with proof ?
There is something wrong in that head of yours.

OlaoChi:
what is the lie you are referring to exactly? undecided much information has been passed so what exactly is your problem?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by OlaoChi: 11:03pm On Dec 26, 2017
historyworld031:
you are asking a question of which the answer is already on this same thread.
your learning process is erronous, you believe things out of feelings rather than asking for proof.
I provided pre-colonial maps showing Benin Kingdom. That is proof. Your yoruba 419 only have claims which they never care to prove.
I really wonder what is going on with nigerian educational system. You lack the ability to function in the 21st century.
Don't believe tales without proof, and don't believe such tales when there is proof showing them to be wrong.
These yoruba guys know nothing about Edo, yet you think they should teach you about Edo. While you want to dismiss people who are actually Edo eventhough the Edo come with proof ?
There is something wrong in that head of yours.

OMG! shocked Now you are the one talking with feelings. This thread is about Ibillo and Akoko not Benin Kingdom. I can't really get what the problem you and the other guy are nagging on about because it isn't just Yorubas posting here, many posters have contributed to the thread by describing the complex demographics of the subject area and citing particular communities intricately but you've been trolling the thread and derailing it off it's track with insults and accusations of lies not proof. What exactly is your point and what are the lies? can you highlight them? Which towns in Akoko are Edo and can you give a detailed short account of their History

1 Like

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 26, 2017
You still don't get it eventhough I have said this many times on this same thread.
Edo state is a small part of the Benin Kingdom.
Therefor how can you claim to be talking about Edo state and not about the Benin Kingdom.
I guess you are one of those people who don't understand that Benin City is not equal to Benin Kingdom. (I already said that).
Benin City is the capital of the kingdom !
Next time read and try to educate yourself before unintentionnally playing the part of the ignorant black man who knows nothing but believes he can teach everything.

OlaoChi:
OMG! shocked Now you are the one talking with feelings. This thread is about Ibillo and Akoko not Benin Kingdom. I can't really get what the problem you and the other guy are nagging on about because it isn't just Yorubas posting here, many posters have contributed to the thread by describing the complex demographics of the subject area and citing particular communities intricately but you've been trolling the thread and derailing it off it's track with insults and accusations of lies not proof. What exactly is your point and what are the lies? can you highlight them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Nobody: 11:28pm On Dec 26, 2017
You want me to give a "detailed short account of akoko history".
Why are you guys so obsessed with stories, are you children ?
I don't know if you are aware but all these stories are mere fables !
History is not like your fairytales, it requires proof !
All pre-colonial maps showing Akoko-Edo as being Edo is proof enough in the case you didn't notice the "EDO" in their name.
It seems you guys are incapable of understanding like adults, one must make up a story so that you can understand. You really think like little children.

OlaoChi:
OMG! shocked Now you are the one talking with feelings. This thread is about Ibillo and Akoko not Benin Kingdom. I can't really get what the problem you and the other guy are nagging on about because it isn't just Yorubas posting here, many posters have contributed to the thread by describing the complex demographics of the subject area and citing particular communities intricately but you've been trolling the thread and derailing it off it's track with insults and accusations of lies not proof. What exactly is your point and what are the lies? can you highlight them? Which towns in Akoko are Edo and can you give a detailed short account of their History

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by OlaoChi: 11:49pm On Dec 26, 2017
historyworld031:
You still don't get it eventhough I have said this many times on this same thread.
Edo state is a small part of the Benin Kingdom.
Therefor how can you claim to be talking about Edo state and not about the Benin Kingdom.
I guess you are one of those people who don't understand that Benin City is not equal to Benin Kingdom. (I already said that).
Benin City is the capital of the kingdom !
Next time read and try to educate yourself before unintentionnally playing the part of the ignorant black man who knows nothing but believes he can teach everything.

shocked Benin Empire you mean? and then Edo state is already more than half of the former Empire but after Invasion 1897 the empire lost its power and the Kingdom was restricted to its originally environs where the people speak Edo

The people you say are lying are giving details form town to town of an area that is known to be complex you are simply making a barging statement that frankly doesn't do justice to the Akoko area. What will you say about Akoko in Kogi state and Ondo state. What about Etsako and others who are not Edo speaking areas but have their own language?

3 Likes

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Nobody: 11:57pm On Dec 26, 2017
If I wanted to say Benin empire then I would have said Benin empire.
I said Benin Kingdom.
Before speaking trash, check the pre-colonial maps which I posted.
You don't seem to actually understand nigeria, all kingdoms and empires lost their power, if they didn't then they would still have their militaries.
You do understand that the british defeated our ancestors and abolished our armies, do you ?
But the nigerian system pays hommage and respects the countries which existed before nigeria.
That is one of the reasons why we are still talking about these pre-colonial kingdoms.
How old are you, if you want me to teach you common sense, I am going to charge you.
Once again, with the pre-colonial maps as proof, Edo state is a mere fraction of the Benin Kingdom.

OlaoChi:
shocked Benin Empire you mean? and then Edo state is already more than half of the former Empire but after Invasion 1897 the empire lost its power and the Kingdom was restricted to its originally environs where the people speak Edo

The people you say are lying are giving details form town to town of an area that is known to be complex you are simply making a barging statement that frankly doesn't do justice to the Akoko area. What will you say about Akoko in Kogi state and Ondo state. What about Etsako and others who are not Edo speaking areas but have their own language?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Baby Bump: Naomi Ogunwusi Pregnant? / The Beauty Of Northern Nigerian Women / Do African Americans Have A Culture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.