Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State (58448 Views)

Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? / The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) / Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Deadlytruth(m): 11:49am On Dec 28, 2017
scholes0:

This guy can evade truth ehhn! Lol

The ruler of Ibillo is also called the Onibillo is that also convergence?
Abi Ibilll isn’t in Akoko Edo again?

Lmaoo

You see, your problem is that you are not open minded to learn about details and nuances of issues. The Ibillo people have for long come to the conclusion that the "Oni" tag in the "Onibillo" title has no meaning in their own Okpameri Language and therefore is a source of identity crisis for them just like the Akoko tag is for the entire Akoko-Edo. Consequently they were just about to start sitting over changing it to a truly Okpameri title when the present King John Sule and the Son of the immediate past king began to have issues about the seat and took each other to court.
The Head of the Ibillo Unity Forum - Mr. H.T. Damisa will be convening a meeting on the 30th of this December, i.e. day after tomorrow for the different Ibillo clans to resume talks on the casting off of the "Oni" tag and replacing it with possibly the actual Okpameri word for king. If you doubt this you can make a trip to Ibillo on that 30th i.e. this Saturday and I will make sure you are allowed into the meeting to see and hear things for yourself. If you are really interested you can inbox me so that I tell you how you can locate me when you arrive Ibillo. However much you think you know a people, when a native however speaks you listen and learn as you can never know him more than himself.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by scholes0(m): 3:01pm On Dec 28, 2017
Deadlytruth:

You see, your problem is that you are not open minded to learn about details and nuances of issues. The Ibillo people have for long come to the conclusion that the "Oni" tag in the "Onibillo" title has no meaning in their own Okpameri Language and therefore is a source of identity crisis for them just like the Akoko tag is for the entire Akoko-Edo. Consequently they were just about to start sitting over changing it to a truly Okpameri title when the present King John Sule and the Son of the immediate past king began to have issues about the seat and took each other to court.
The Head of the Ibillo Unity Forum - Mr. H.T. Damisa will be convening a meeting on the 30th of this December, i.e. day after tomorrow for the different Ibillo clans to resume talks on the casting off of the "Oni" tag and replacing it with possibly the actual Okpameri word for king. If you doubt this you can make a trip to Ibillo on that 30th i.e. this Saturday and I will make sure you are allowed into the meeting to see and hear things for yourself. If you are really interested you can inbox me so that I tell you how you can locate me when you arrive Ibillo. However much you think you know a people, when a native however speaks you listen and learn as you can never know him more than himself.

How about ayanran the king is also known as Alayanran of Ayanran.
The issue here is that you lied that Ososo and Okpe were the only towns that had the -Oni and -Olo prefix for their rulers in the whole of Akoko Edo.
If I didn’t know better I wouldn’t have been able to cite you this Ibillo example (of which you are now talking something else)

Mind you, the Oba of Lampese is also called the Onilampese (Oba J.B Balogun). Want more examples?

You also categorically said those honorific terms had nothing to do with Yorubas but you are now saying that some Okpameris of Ibillo want it removed because it had Yoruba Origin. Confused much?

You even mentioned earlier that Akoko Edo has now been ridden of all Yoruba influences wbich is another OBVIOUS LIE from you. Since I still HEARD a Yoruba language commercial from OSOSO, YESTERDAY.

Then the funniest one about Akoko Edo not having Yotuba names anymore when newborn children are still sporting those beautiful names in Imoga, Somorika, Ugboshi E.tc. Face reality, Mr.
To the average Akoko Edo man, a Yoruba names has much more meaning and sentimental attachment than Benin names which they don’t even have knowledge of their meanings. Although I won’t deny the fact that some of them are taking some actions to look “politically correct” in their Edo state environment.

It is very obvious what you are trying to do- aspiring to be some kind of anti Yoruba ethnic purist or something- Yet you accuse Yorubas of being intolerant of other languages- lol.

It is equally funnier that you seem not to have any problems with the kingship title OTARU which is used in places like Igarra, Auchi etc and emmanates from the NUPES- but take some kind of aversion to the one of Yoruba origin. You got issues bro.

These are members from the Akoko Edo traditional council of Obas, and that sure don’t look like Bini kingdom to me.

Go and fight with reality and stop wasting your time here on nairaland.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by macof(m): 3:08pm On Dec 28, 2017
scholes0:

The issue here is that you lied that Ososo and Okpe were the only towns that had the -Oni and -Olo prefix for their rulers in the whole of Akoko Edo.
If I didn’t know better I wouldn’t have been able to cite you this Ibillo example (of which you are now talking something else)

Mind you, the Oba of Lampese is also called the Onilampese (Oba J.B Balogun). Want more examples?

You also categorically said those honorific terms had nothing to do with Yorubas but you are now saying that some Okpameris of Ibillo want it removed because it had Yoruba Origin. Confused much?

You even mentioned earlier that Akoko Edo has now been ridden of all Yoruba influences wbich is another OBVIOUS LIE from you. Since I still HEARD a Yoruba language commercial from OSOSO, YESTERDAY.
It is very obvious what you are trying to do- aspiring to be some kind of anti Yoruba ethnic purist or something- Yet you accuse Yorubas of being intolerant of other languages- lol.

It is equally funnier that you seem not to have any problems with the kingship title OTARU which is used in places like Igarra, Auchi etc and emmanates from the NUPES- but take some kind of aversion to the one of Yoruba origin. You got issues bro.

These are members from the Akoko Edo traditional council of Obas, and that sure don’t look like Bini kingdom to me.

the hatred Bini people have for yorubas on this forum still amazes me. Thankfully it is not a true reflection of what happens in real life. The guy has no problem with the Nupe and Egbira influences but see how he lies shamelessly with every new post inconsistent with the last to deny Yoruba influence in the Akoko-edo area

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by scholes0(m): 3:13pm On Dec 28, 2017
macof:

the hatred Bini people have for yorubas on this forum still amazes me. Thankfully it is not a true reflection of what happens in real life. The guy has no problem with the Nupe and Egbira influences but see how he lies shamelessly with every new post inconsistent with the last to deny Yoruba influence in the Akoko-edo area

I won’t be surprised if they send a delegation to this particular area of Edo state by next week, forcing the Kings there to start wearing skirts and circular beads to look loke their Benin Oba.
Yes, it is that serious- and they can do it.

8 Likes

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by scholes0(m): 3:21pm On Dec 28, 2017
nengibo:

Don't mind the landgrabbers, they can not point to their ancestral home or any town bearing their name but say its their land because of state creation, Edo state is now Bini state, urhobo people are settlers, Ika people are settlers, Igala people are settlers even God is a settler in heaven

Haha the funniest one is that they can describe everybody’s origin and how even Genghis Kahan came from benin kingdom - but remain absolutely mute about their own origin.
So they don’t know where their own people came from ni?

3 Likes

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by scholes0(m): 3:28pm On Dec 28, 2017
macof:

There is some type of Benin-Yoruba love-hate going on , I am still trying to wrap my head around it.
Reason being that my experience with Benins in real life seem to be completely contradictory to what I see online/ even though I also know that people online are also real life entities.
In real life many benins have Yoruba middle names (I tell them it’s nice and they just smile), acculturate smoothly in the SW and have no problem with their Yoruba neighbors.

Is it that they pretend in real life and become other things online, or the group of ones online are just a tiny cancerous (virulent strain) of Benin people bent on spreading their bile everywhere?
On this NL a group of Benin people has taken it as a profession to be on any such threads to spew their garbage of hate all over the forum floor.
They are few but they are very persistent- signs of a group on a mission. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Bibi294(f): 5:24am On Dec 29, 2017
I think Edo people hate Yoruba's generally eben when most of them can understand and speak Yoruba fluently... I've seen different cases when I served there....

We're one NIGERIA...
Why is the hating too much?

2 Likes

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by AxxeMan: 5:26am On Dec 29, 2017
Bibi294:
I think Edo people hate Yoruba's generally eben when most of them can understand and speak Yoruba fluently... I've seen different cases when I served there....

We're one NIGERIA...
Why is the hating too much?

Tell us the part of Edo you served! Liar, No Edo man who hasn't stayed in Yoruba land before understand or speak Yoruba as it is a foreign and strange language .... Stop spewing cheap lies !!

Even your own local language you speak in ekiti a typical Yoruba from Osun or Oyo does not understand and your language has been called gibberish numerous times by the Yoruba's I schooled with.

You don't even know your history , ooh you think you are really Yoruba?... Or believe you will ever be fully accepted by Osun and Oyo ppl?

Reality would dawn on you soon!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by 9jakool: 5:46am On Dec 29, 2017
AxxeMan:

Tell us the part of Edo you served! Liar, No Edo man who hasn't stayed in Yoruba land before understand or speak Yoruba as it is a foreign and strange language .... Stop spewing cheap lies !!

Even your own local language you speak in ekiti a typical Yoruba from Osun or Oyo does not understand and your language has been called gibberish numerous times by the Yoruba's I schooled with.

You don't even know your history , ooh you think you are really Yoruba?... Or believe you will ever be fully accepted by Osun and Oyo ppl?

It's one thing to rebut his claim, but the bolded I cannot stand. Yoruba has become an inclusive term for over the past centuries for all people with origins to Ife. You think you know the origin of how the common Yoruba language came to be, but you don't. You must think Oyo is the only dialect spoken in Oyo and Osun.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by AxxeMan: 5:51am On Dec 29, 2017
9jakool:

It's one thing to rebut his claim, but the bolded I cannot stand. Yoruba has become an inclusive term for over the past centuries for all people with origins to Ife. You think you know the origin of how the common Yoruba language came to be, but you don't. You must think Oyo is the only dialect spoken in Oyo and Osun.

Ohh pls stop with the Ife origin bullshit it is getting stake and old , its on record that not all Yoruba's by into this dry fairytale .

Don't you even feel same , that your alleged source abi were u waka from Is the among the most if not the worst underdeveloped LG in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by 9jakool: 6:02am On Dec 29, 2017
AxxeMan:

Ohh pls stop with the Ife origin bullshit it is getting stake and old , its on record that not all Yoruba's by into this dry fairytale .

Don't you even feel same , that your alleged source abi were u waka from Is the among the most if not the worst underdeveloped LG in Nigeria

You are entitled to your opinion. The people who call themselves Yoruba today claim origins from Ile-Ife irregardless of your opinion.

Why should I feel shame?

4 Likes

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by AxxeMan: 6:04am On Dec 29, 2017
9jakool:

You are entitled to your opinion. The people who call themselves Yoruba today claim origins from Ile-Ife irregardless of your opinion.

Why should I feel shame?

Not all Yoruba buy into that ife dry fairytale and more and more are getting wiser everyday

2 Likes

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by 9jakool: 6:49am On Dec 29, 2017
AxxeMan:

Not all Yoruba buy into that ife dry fairytale and more and more are getting wiser everyday

It's fine as long as they identify as Yoruba. Yoruba is still Yoruba regardless of where they originate from whether it's Ile-Ife or not.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Olu317(m): 7:15am On Dec 29, 2017
scholes0:

There is some type of Benin-Yoruba diglossia going on , I am still teying to wrap my head around it.
Reason being that my experience with Benins in real life seem to be completely contradictory to what I see online/ even though I also know that people online are also real life entities.
In real life many benins have Yoruba middle names (I tell them it’s nice and they just smile), acculturate smoothly in the SW and have no problem with their Yoruba neighbors.

Is it that they pretend in real life and become other things online, or the group of ones online are just a tiny cancerous ( virulent strain) of Benin people bent on spreading their bile everywhere?
On this NL a group of Benin people has taken it as a profession to be on any such threads to spew their garbage of hate all over the forum floor.
They are few but they are very persistent- signs of a group on a mission. grin
Man,there are more to what is posted on this forum. I will call it reminiscing the past of the Bini hold on towns amongst the few Eastern Yorubas before they were cut off after one war and the other. It is important not to take this hatred people online either on NL or elsewhere with levity if the previous Oba Bini could refer to Odua as Ogiso descent, yet no known connection. Furthermore, the incumbent Oba Bini still affirmed to the same disgustful opinion but used a political intonation by digressing and claiming Oba was a Yoruba dynastic term. The point is that, if some section of these people are full of distortion and propaganda, then Yoruba need be wary of them because their distortion spread like wildfire. It is quite unfortunate that Yoruba open arms are been taken for a ride. Sincerely, I hope some of these Edos will desist from these propaganda. After all, we didn't tell them to pull out of western region, they did by themselves. The hatred and distortion is just out of this world.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Olu317(m): 7:31am On Dec 29, 2017
AxxeMan:

And you think BINI is an EDO word? OMG. grin
AxxeMan:

And you think BINI is an EDO word? OMG.

4 Likes

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by AxxeMan: 7:45am On Dec 29, 2017
Olu317:
And you think BINI is an EDO word? OMG. ;DAnd you think BINI is an EDO word? OMG.

WtF is Bini? Hahaha it is Benin! And it is of Portuguese origin and our history is well documented unlike some people who cliam they came from a piece of plot in ife with no historical evidence to back it up apart from stories from the moonlight concocted at Ibadan printing press

And you think Yoruba is a Yoruba word ?

Hahahaha You people have no ethnic history or relevance until awolowo came into politics!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by step1: 9:31am On Dec 29, 2017
Ok Ekiti is bini, Ondo is bini, Lagos is bini. LOOOOOOOOOOOL

WE HAVE A LAGOS AND EKITI PERSON on this thread and I think we have done a good job at rebutting that.

Also I would like to state categorically that the day day Bini stop claiming ile ife origin was the day they lost Itsekiris, Aworis, the whole of ekiti and the whole of Ondo, Akoko Ondo.

In fact I met a young man from Okada with his name called Nosa and he categorically said they speak Yoruba from the part of town he is from. Meanwhile he was not the first I met with which claims. I have even met some Ikwerri people claiming ile ife origin (This I find strange).

Now the question to bini people

1. How come you so called empire has been getting smaller and smaller since you started claiming every group originated from Bini

2. The major archaeological discoveries you claim came from bini has since been discarded as lies

3. A recent discovery of glasswares dating over a thousand or two ago was found in ile ife was it bini that introduced that as well ?

4. Why didnt bini's continue with the Ogiso, why did they change it to Oba which is a yoruba word ?

5. Why until recent did the bini's start claiming yoruba words as theirs ?

6. What is the meaning of Iyoba mask ? Who is iyoba and meaning in Bini

7. Explain how a small civilization (Bini) has so much influence on larger groups such as Yoruba given that they are close proximity.

8. How come binis claim they conquered Benin republic but they have no influence or folk tale on them

9. Even the lagos you claimed you conquered, was the oba there ? I am from the Eletu family in Lagos Island which is a bini name and of benin origin, there is no folktale of such in the family genealogy so I would like to know where they got this information from.

10. How can you conquer to Even Ghana and Ghanaian know nothing about bini in their folktale but the Indigenes on Accra who are the Ga people where the word Ghana came from said they originated from Ile ife . Hmmmmmmmm

11. Why is it that until the last Oba, your Kings are buried in ile Ife ? What happened ? And those that correlate to the steady decline of the bini influence

12. The Itsekiris for have now started saying they are of Yoruba origin which you claim they are of benin. Hmmmm more declain

13. The Ijaws claim you or yoruba origin and even took part of your ancestral land to place a full king NOT UNDER THE OBA.

14. Up in the north the Ishans have started showing some resentment towards they over bearing influence of the Oba bini. Hmmmmm

I can keep going on and on.

Or is Ajasan a bini word or name now ?
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by step1: 9:35am On Dec 29, 2017
AxxeMan:

WtF is Bini? Hahaha it is [b]Benin! And it is of Portuguese origin and our history is well documented unlike some people who cliam they came from a piece of plot in ife with no historical evidence to back it up apart from stories from the moonlight concocted at Ibadan printing press

Hahahaha You people have no ethnic history or relevance until awolowo came into politics![/b]

Good !!!!!! At least we are heading some where. So before the portugese came, what were benins describing themselves as.

for example

Before Yoruba they call themselves is omo oluabi or omo oduduwa or olukunmi

Before Italy was formed they called themselves romans

etc

1 Like

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by step1: 9:37am On Dec 29, 2017
9jakool:

It's fine as long as they identify as Yoruba. Yoruba is still Yoruba regardless of where they originate from whether it's Ile-Ife or not.

You still they answer am, lol They have their heads really up their asses. Remember they claim the oba does not leave his palace unlike yoruba kings, as God will have it,,,,,........................ we known the rest

1 Like

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Deadlytruth(m): 9:58am On Dec 29, 2017
scholes0:

Then the funniest one about Akoko Edo not having Yotuba names anymore when newborn children are still sporting those beautiful names in Imoga, Somorika, Ugboshi E.tc. Face reality, Mr.
To the average Akoko Edo man, a Yoruba names has much more meaning and sentimental attachment than Benin names which they don’t even have knowledge of their meanings. Although I won’t deny the fact that some of them are taking some actions to look “politically correct” in their Edo state environment.

My argument with that guy was specifically about the "Olo" tag and its spelling exactly in that form hence the mention of Ososo Okpe.
Is the spelling of "Olo" the same as "Ala" and "Oni" which you later brought in for Ibillo and now Lampese and Anyaran?
Even in Lampese there are currently ongoing consultations to cast off the tag just as with Ibillo and indeed every other town or village as it is daily being discovered that Yorubas have been citing it to substantiate their false narratives that they founded and are Aboriginal to those towns in Akoko-Edo.
My assertion still stands that only Ososo and Okpe have retained those tags as these remain the only two places where there are so far no palpable awareness creation has stated against the identity crisis the which the non-indigenous etymology tags in the names of their monarchs have caused.
A thing already rejected in the mind is as good as completely eradicated as human existence revolves around the mind.

Yes, In Ososo and Okpe their applications have nothing to do with Yoruba semantics any more than "Olu" in the Igbo name of Oluchi has anything to do with Yoruba despite it appears Yorubaish, and that explains why they remain the only two places where no palpable attempts have so far been made to create awareness against them even though Yorubas have been masturbating over them.

Yes, I insist that Akoko-Edo peoples consciousness has been ridden of all traces of Yorubaism because since the successful 1991 excision of the Imeris (the only actually Yoruba people that ever existed among us) into Ondo State where they rightly belong, the anti-Yorubaism awareness has successfully been created all over and steps have started being taken to formally effect it on paper. And of course as long as the human existence revolves mainly round the mind, anything eradicated from the human mind is as good as already eradicated from his society and community. Hence it is on that note I asserted that Akoko-Edo Edo has been rid of all Yorubaism.
There is no Radio or TV station in Ososo, so I wonder how you came about a Yoruba Language commercial from Ososo. That you have so lied about Ososo shamelessly is a further evidence that you are on an expansionism drive.
Like the Bini Language, the Ososo language alphabet system has alphabets v and z which are absent and unknown in Yoruba alphabet system. In Ososo Language "Come" is "vare" while it is "wa" in Yoruba. Is there any similarly therefore to warrant this fraudulent suggestion of yours that Ososo people delivered a commercial in Yoruba Language as their native language?

Who do you claim still gives Yoruba names to their children in Imoga, Somorika, Ugboshi, etc? These are all Okpameri towns and here are some native Okpameri names; Onyonnude, Uniamikugbo, Ashofor, Igbelazor, Asesho, Ogbor, Oshemi, Okondo, Aseriabo, Ojemu, Agbaunnukozi, etc which are given to children these days. Could you please tell us what they mean in Yoruba?
My friend stop this attaché. It is belittling for a majority tribe to seek relevance by attaching to a minority by all means even when all evidences point out they actually share no fundamental identity or cultural similarities.
Under normal circumstances it is minorities that seek relevance by trying to attach themselves to the majority.
But here we are with the opposite staring us in the face from Yorubas in the obviously abnormal circumstance of expansionism.
What appears to you as their quest for political correctness in their Edo State environment is actually a quest to restore their genuine identity which had over the years been vandalised by extraneous elements of Yorubaism which they adopted, albeit naively, in their attempt to be politically correct in the Yoruba-dominated Western Region environment into which they were previously dumped by colonial authority fiat.
If they are actually more Yoruba than Bini, then why did they, out of their own free, will vote to be carved into the Midwest in the 1963 plebiscite? If Akoko-Edos are actually Yorubas, then how come they decide to join the Midwestern Region being created for obviously non-Yoruba minorities who were smouldering in anger over what they perceived as domination by the Akoko-Edo s' supposedly Yoruba brothers? Shouldn't they have been afraid that those non-Yoruba minorities which would obviously become the majority in the new region would avenge on them the Yoruba domination which they at least felt they suffered in the Western Region? Why not be logical for once?
Yes, I insist that Yorubas are intolerant of other languages based on first hand experience. And come to think of it, is it not the same intolerance Yorubas have been showing here to Akoko-Edo people's quest to be who they actually are?

As for the Otaru title being used in Auchi, there is no contention because the chiefly Islamic religion of the Nupes is quite dominant among them. However that has not inspired the Nupes into an expansionism drive targeted at Etsako land unlike Yorubas are doing to Akoko-Edo for similar reasons.
The reason why there are strong campaigns against elements of Yorubaism in Akoko-Edo without a similar eradication attempts at the vestiges of Ebira and Nupe cultural elements is simply the Yoruba's arrogance and reliance on those vestiges to claim that Yorubas founded towns in Akoko-Edo. The Ebiras who have even actually founded farming camps like Aiyetoro and Aiyegunle don't claim they are indigenous to Akoko-Edo, neither do the Nupes, hence we don't feel threatened about them unlike with Yorubas.
As for the use of Otaru title in Igarra, it is indeed a shame on you to claim to know much about Akoko-Edo and all you can substitute it with is a downloaded pictures of the traditional council. You are actually completely ignorant of the details as I have always insisted.
Here it is: For over 80 years now the majority of Igarra people do not accept the "Otaru" title as genuine for their monarchical stool. How would you know this when you rely more on the internet than taking the pain to seek information from the natives themselves? The actual name and title of Igarra king is "Oshinoyi" and not Otaru which origin you correctly ascribe to Nupes whom Igarra people however share no traces of origin or cultural affinity with.
There are 15 clans in Igarra and only five out of them decided to falsify and document that Otaru is the Igarra title for king. The remaining majority ten clans have been in court over it for since 1981 even though the struggle over this issue started as far back as 1930.
There have been bloody inter-clan wars within Igarra since 1983 over this issue. In fact Igarra is polarized into two factions still over the Otaru title falsehood. Why not visit Igarra and conduct a survey by yourself?
Mr. Yoruba man, other than the default appearance which the "Akoko" tag has wrecked on the people, you know NOTHING About Akoko-Edo. Akoko-Edo people are not Yorubas and will never be.
Your genuinely Yoruba brothers have always been wrongly placed Southern Kwara and Southern Kogi and have been crying out to you for help towards being re-united with their kit and kin in Ekiti and Ondo. One of such even created a post here on NL but you avoided it like a plague only to be chasing after a section of Edo people who you are not related with, and you keep denying you are not on an expansionism mission? It is all too obvious!

Awolowo, the greatest and most knowledgeable Yoruba man to ever live, spent most of his energy on irredentism targeted at Offa and Kaba Yorubas wrongly placed in the Northern Region. Awolowo with all his knowledge and clinical accuracy about the ethnic composition of Nigeria, never targeted his irredentist efforts at Akoko-Edo Edo because he, from his research work which was based on actual visits, knew the people genuinely had no links with Yorubas. How and why the ignorant Yoruba youths of today keep insulting the memory of Awolowo by claiming Akoko-Edo is what beats me silly.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Deadlytruth(m): 11:51am On Dec 29, 2017
macof:

Mr. Man, the claim you started with was not Yoruba influence in Akoko-Edo but that there are Akoko-Edo towns founded by Yorubas. This was what led to the contention. So limiting your claim to Yoruba influence now is just an afterthought inspired by the stubborn facts which you have been given here proving wrong the Yoruba founding claim.
You again insisted that the Yoruba influence is getting more pronounced but with superior facts laid bare not even your brothers could deny any longer that the influence is actually waining due to current attempt at political relevance (if that is how it appears to him)
Be honest for once.

As you rightly observe, we don't have problem with Nupe and Ebira influences because Nupes and Ebiras don't capitalize on that to make erroneous claims of founding Akoko-Edo towns. When drawing the maps of their future breakaway republics from Nigeria neither the Nupes or Ebiras include Akoko-Edo territories. But the recent Oodua Republic map drawn by YOLICOM had Akoko-Edo smuggled into it. Why then do you think we should not have problems with Yoruba influence?

However I am shocked to discover on this thread that Yorubas are not actually different from some Igbos to whom whoever takes a stand against certain Igbo attitudes must be an Afonja irrespective of how obvious it is that he is actually not.
That you now believe that it takes only a Bini person to resent Yoruba incursion into Edo State is at best funny, unintellectual and disingenuous. I used to believe Yorubas rely entirely on intellectual submissions in debates and admire them for that, but I now know better from these resorts to anti-Bini innuendos which I can here in the face of being kissed with hard truths.
I am an Akoko-Edo person. No Bini person can actually be so accurately detailed in his knowledge about Akoko-Edo as Binis hardly come to settle down in Akoko-Edo permanently. They only visit, spend some time and return to Benin.

However, the reason why Binis and indeed all Edos don't demonstrate hatred to Yorubas in real life unlike they do in this forum is simply that neither Yorubas themselves harass Edos with claims of founding Edo towns in real life as they do on this forum.
The Yorubas resident in Benin and indeed every part of Edo are very mindful of their own business as they soon, from first hand experience, realize that they are actually not in Yorubaland. So it is all about GIGO.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by macof(m): 11:57am On Dec 29, 2017
Deadlytruth:

Mr. Man, the claim you started with was not Yoruba influence in Akoko-Edo but that there are Akoko-Edo towns founded by Yorubas. This was what led to the contention. So limiting your claim to Yoruba influence now is just influence now is an afterthought inspired by the stubborn facts which you have been given here proving wrong the Yoruba founding claim.
You again insisted that the Yoruba influence is getting more pronounced but with superior facts laid bare not even your brothers could deny any longer that the influence is actually waining due to current attempt at political relevance (if that is how it appears to him)
Be honest for once.

However I am shocked to discover on this thread that Yorubas are not actually different from some Igbos to whom whoever takes a stand against certain Igbo attitudes must be an Afonja irrespective of how obvious it is that he is actually not.
That you now believe that it takes only a Bini person to resent Yoruba inclusion into Edo State is at best funny, unintellectual and disingenuous. I used to think Yorubas rely only on intellectual submissions in debates but I have known better from the resort to anti-Bini innuendos I am seeing here in the face of being kissed with hard truths.
I am an Akoko-Edo person not Bini. No Bini person can actually be so accurately detailed in his knowledge about Akoko-Edo as Binis hardly come to settle down in Akoko-Edo permanently. They only visit, spend some time and return to Benin.

However, the reason why Binis and indeed all Edos don't demonstrate hatred to Yorubas in real life unlike they do in this forum is simply that neither Yorubas themselves harass Edos with claims of founding Edo towns in real life as they do on this forum.
The Yorubas resident in Benin and indeed every part of Edo are very mindful of their own business as they soon, from first hand experience, realize that they are actually not in Yorubaland. So it is all about GIGO.

i did not read any of this

I already told you. Everything I stated on this thread is established fact, if you do not like it, go and toss the 'akoko' name away and organize a media broadcast of akoko edo elders to denounce the popular perception

I am not wasting my time again with an intellectually deficient Bini man
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Deadlytruth(m): 12:08pm On Dec 29, 2017
macof:
i did not read any of this

I already told you. Everything I stated on this thread is established fact, if you do not like it, go and toss the 'akoko' name away and organize a media broadcast of akoko edo elders to denounce the popular perception

I am not wasting my time again with an intellectually deficient Bini man

I will keep punishing the intellectually empty Afonjas who believe that it takes only a Bini man to resist Yoruba neo-imperialism. You have been boxed away with unassailable facts. Next time don't speak authoritatively about others and then resort to crying "Bini" when you are disgraced with facts the way Igbos cry "Afonja" for any SS person that punctures their narratives.

God will deliver us the minorities from WAZOBIA. But we have to play our part which we are doing now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Olu317(m): 12:16pm On Dec 29, 2017
AxxeMan:

WtF is Bini? Hahaha it is Benin! And it is of Portuguese origin and our history is well documented unlike some people who cliam they came from a piece of plot in ife with no historical evidence to back it up apart from stories from the moonlight concocted at Ibadan printing press

Hahahaha You people have no ethnic history or relevance until awolowo came into politics!
So Bini is a Portuguese word? So you don't know Bini was a corruption of ILÉ “UBINU" / “IBINU". It's a pity seeing this form of distortion beyond imagination. So, Eweka was a Bini name too or Portuguese's? Owo-mi-ka or its contraction known as Owoká turned to Eweka. Oranmiyan gave his first child this name.So, where did you get your info? No wonder, those names are sacred in Edo cum Bini people's memory. Perhaps you have your own Edo version..... Post it and let us all laugh over it because you seem accurately good with revisionism.

1 Like

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by macof(m): 12:18pm On Dec 29, 2017
Deadlytruth:

I will keep punishing the intellectually empty Afonjas who believe that it takes only a Bini man to resist Yoruba neo-imperialism. You have been boxed away with unassailable facts. Next time don't speak authoritatively about others and then resort to crying "Bini" when you are disgraced with facts the way Igbos cry "Afonja" for any SS person that punctures their narratives.

God will deliver us the minorities from WAZOBIA. But we have to play our part which we are doing now.

You have given NO facts...sorry.

Yoruba language and culture remain in Akoko-edo! Let it pain you, not my business
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Olu317(m): 12:31pm On Dec 29, 2017
Continue in your ignorance ,Mr Portuguese named Bini turned Benin. So, what is the meaning of Benin to you? Then ,what is the meaning of Eweka?

1 Like

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Deadlytruth(m): 1:05pm On Dec 29, 2017
macof:

You have given NO facts...sorry.

Yoruba language and culture remain in Akoko-edo! Let it pain you, not my business

I thought you said you would neither read nor reply my comments again? If you did not read the last one, how then could you decipher my claim to have given you facts which you denied in your reply above? Or are you endowed with ESP?
Yoruba culture is NOT indigenous to Akoko-Edo, and it's adoption in the Yoruba-dominated Western Region times was purely political hence with the collapse of the Western Region it just has to give way. Let that truth pain you.
Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Deadlytruth(m): 1:24pm On Dec 29, 2017
Olu317:
So Bini is a Portuguese word? So you don't know Bini was a corruption of ILÉ “UBINU" / “IBINU". It's a pity seeing this form of distortion beyond imagination. So, Eweka was a Bini name too or Portuguese's? Owo-mi-ka or its contraction known as Owoká turned to Eweka. Oranmiyan gave his first child this name.So, where did you get your info? No wonder, those names are sacred in Edo cum Bini people's memory. Perhaps you have your own Edo version..... Post it and let us all laugh over it because you seem accurately good with revisionism.

The original name of Benin is Igodomigodo and their Kings were from prehistoric times known as Ogisos. Could you please tell us what Igodomigodo and Ogiso mean in Yoruba Language?
Cross-cultural interaction with Yorubas brought about the "Ile Ibinu" thing which is an inconclusive account itself as it leaves more questions than answers. Same war cross-cultural interaction with Portuguese got Bini corrupted to Benin. If Binis came out of Ife, then how come Benin City went on to grow and become far larger than Ife in land area and population?
I recall that this was the same logic a Yoruba guy here once used to counter the claim of a Bini man who claimed that Yorubas came out of Binis. The Yoruba man specifically asked him to explain how possible for Yorubas to have come out of Binis and went ahead to so expand as to become a larger tribe than Bini.
Same applies here to the suggestion that Binis came out of Ife. So please answer.

1 Like

Re: A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 29, 2017
My people (EDO) should avoid wasting their time in futile discussion with yoruba trolls.
Let the yoruba trolls lay claim to heaven with their keyboards.
Don't mind them, they are making you waste your time.
Only people with no inheritance will strugle for your own inheritance.
Yoruba have no history and no thing to be proud about, that is why they must claim to high heavens that they own EDO legacy.
They can't say ten words about themselves without mentionning EDO.
Their obsession only contributes into exposing them the more.
The final word will always be ours because we are authentic.
So don't waste your time on nairaland.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Baby Bump: Naomi Ogunwusi Pregnant? / The Beauty Of Northern Nigerian Women / Do African Americans Have A Culture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.