Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria (60389 Views)

Lists Of 'difficult Courses' People Look Down On. / 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities / Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by dimssy(m): 9:36pm On Feb 15, 2016
Are you a UI student? You talk like one.
sagaciousblog:
the list should be;
1. Dentistry before medicine cos they do evertin pple in medicine does plus their addittional workload except obst and gyn..secondly, there is NOTHING, a student in medicine wud say dat a Dental student have no idea of but the medicine student knows Nothing about dentistry.
2. Geology before pharmacy; omo geology no be beans o and pharm guys need to cram drug names like mad
3.Biochemistry/optometry..others can follow..
N.B; these are my opinions and no one shud quote me for any insult.
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by sigolisis: 9:38pm On Feb 15, 2016
Almighty PHARMACY should top the list of difficult courses. It is a combination of all the above listed courses. PHARMACY consists of chemistry, math, physics, biochemistry, microbiology, marketing, law, vertinary medicine, human medicine, dentistry, etc. That is why pharmacy students dont have time
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by rosalieene(f): 9:38pm On Feb 15, 2016
joseph1832:
Chemistry is tougher than physics!.
Chai..... especially quantum chemistry! very abstract aspect of chemistry. I remember when we were writing the exam in 300l, everybody carried mgbo(micro ntoto sheets) into d hall. we were only about 5 that used our head. At d end last na we Wey use head pass am well. heard its very few profs handling the course in d whole of west Africa. who wan venture into that kin hard course sef. After all d cramming, God favoured me.
Abeg chemistry no easy jare. We Wey grad with 2.1 with our head na because of God's favour

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by solash: 9:39pm On Feb 15, 2016
It's alrighttt
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Bayusity(m): 9:40pm On Feb 15, 2016
Geology is more difficult because most lecturers don't even know what they are teaching, ask them to identify a rock for you.... You will be hearing.... ; I can see Mica, I can see feldspar, I can see quartz,,,, THIS SHOULD be Granite,, Imagine, no specific answer.. I'm a graduate of Geological Engineering, I know what am saying..

3 Likes

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Smellymouth: 9:41pm On Feb 15, 2016
Faculty of Engineering, university of benin.

I salute thee
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by joseph1832(m): 9:41pm On Feb 15, 2016
rosalieene:

Chai..... especially quantum chemistry! very abstract aspect of chemistry. I remember when we were writing the exam in 300l, everybody carried mgbo(micro ntoto sheets) into d hall. we were only about 5 that used our head. At d end last na we Wey use head pass am well. heard its very few profs handling the course in d whole of west Africa. who wan venture into that kin hard course sef. After all d cramming, God favoured me.
Abeg chemistry no easy jare. We Wey grad with 2.1 with our head na because of God's favour
Which higher institution did you attend?
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by opeaceo: 9:43pm On Feb 15, 2016
Sholaystar4me:
Bros as u have quantum physics na hin we have quantum chemistry, omo dt tin no smile oo, go reaction mechanism, rxtn kintectics, natural products, mak u dey memorise structures, formulas,reactions, wey be say dem go giv u small 1 for klass, karry adVance kom for exam u go just dey watch questions like chinese, u nor go understand werin dem right bruh...etc, if we have a chemistry student in the house, perhaps u will understand..physics is equally very hard bro, buh not like chem....I like the way my guy put the two courses for number 2

Everyone wants to admist his course is tougher. Truth be said, chemistry is tough, physics is way tougher..
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by makabulchi(m): 9:44pm On Feb 15, 2016
liveyourlife:
Law comes before animal science oh
Public Admin
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by rosalieene(f): 9:46pm On Feb 15, 2016
joseph1832:
Which higher institution did you attend?
ANSU now Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Uni
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Kalvan: 9:47pm On Feb 15, 2016
icecalm:
is still fine shall but because of what others may think about economics difficulty let leave it that way since they are on the same stand. [b]mathematics is somehow fictional[/b]but economics spreads to a broad real dealings

Damn. You are one stu pid Nigger. Fictional? Lol.
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by eduxerxes: 9:47pm On Feb 15, 2016
OP, what about Banking and Surgery?

4 Likes

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Alaminz(m): 9:47pm On Feb 15, 2016
Engine...is first...dnt deceive us...
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by sheettle(m): 9:47pm On Feb 15, 2016
Political Science History ENGLISH LANGUAGE and Literature in English
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 15, 2016
Temysteve:
Economics is broader than Mathematics.
Says who
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by sheettle(m): 9:49pm On Feb 15, 2016
Political Science History ENGLISH LANGUAGE Literature in English
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by docadams: 9:49pm On Feb 15, 2016
Hmmmmmmm
Youthful exuberance!
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Sujidamau: 9:50pm On Feb 15, 2016
Hmmm, to study physics no be small thing. U must read as if ur head Wan catch fire. So far physics is the most hardest course in the whole faculty of science, no any course can be compare with physics.
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by joseph1832(m): 9:53pm On Feb 15, 2016
rosalieene:

ANSU now Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Uni
Anambra state university right? How nice to know. And what did you study?
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by tunz7z(m): 9:55pm On Feb 15, 2016
architecture should be on top of the list
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:55pm On Feb 15, 2016
deeMarc:
I rep applied chemistry. Buh trust me physics NA die, those physics courses I took in my 2nd year was like chewing paracetamol and chloroquine at the same time without water.
Chemistry is not easy either immediately you begin spectroscopy,chemical kinetics,statiscal thermodynamics (studied only in OAU and LAUTECH), crystal structures, electrophoresis, heterocyclic structures(reaction and preparation of naphthalenes,anthracenes,harwoth synthesis.)blah blah blah. All NA die hard. Still on it tho.
Physics is much of calculation, in chemistry we have calculations,structures, reactions, lot of notes to cram, equations,diagrams and lot more.
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:56pm On Feb 15, 2016
Sujidamau:
Hmmm, to study physics no be small thing. U must read as if ur head Wan catch fire. So far physics is the most hardest course in the whole faculty of science, no any course can be compare with physics.

So you saying its the hardest in sciences as if u av studied chemistry and Mathematics b4..I studied Pure & Applied Mathematics in Lautech and I know what I passed through...And every course has its own madness, come to maths and see Numerical, Real and Functional Analysis and computations ..u wil go mad..
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:10pm On Feb 15, 2016
Physics is hard?

I didn't get the memo for that. Physics has always been just like any other course to me. the amount of work you put in equals how better you get at it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:10pm On Feb 15, 2016
Philosophy ehn..
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Reddington(m): 10:12pm On Feb 15, 2016
Bayusity:
Geology is more difficult because most lecturers don't even know what they are teaching, ask them to identify a rock for you.... You will be hearing.... ; I can see Mica, I can see feldspar, I can see quartz,,,, THIS SHOULD be Granite,, Imagine, no specific answer.. I'm a graduate of Geological Engineering, I know what am saying..

grin
Bayusity:

1 Like

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by kirchofff(m): 10:13pm On Feb 15, 2016

[size=14pt]

I can only laugh. I studied physics and it changed my life, my physique, the shape of my head, mixed my brain together. I cried, I prayed, I read till I shed hot tears, I watched my course mate go insane, some fainted, some withdrew.
I crammed 18 pages of pure formulas in just 2 days to pass, I solved Mathematical Physics where the lecturer would give you the answer and ask you to solve backwards to get the question. Quantum Physics gave me Migraine till date.
One day I woke and started cursing Einstein, Schrödinger, Fermi, all the dead Scientists cheesy
If I hear again that Chemistry is tougher than Physics, I will vex cheesy

All the lecturers and Profs I know that truly know Physics are no longer normal. They don't act normal undecided
[/size]
brother u can come and try electronics, pure electronics, u'll run mental
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by anzaku47(m): 10:15pm On Feb 15, 2016
Agric Economics and Extension!!
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 15, 2016
deeMarc:

Physics is much of calculation, in chemistry we have calculations,structures, reactions, lot of notes to cram, equations,diagrams and lot more.
Physics is much of calculation? grin grin grin what . . . I've had numerous physics lectures and I can actually count the number of times they "calculated" something. most of the time, you're dealing with greek letters. which represent Ideas.

But I agree with you. Chemistry is very more difficult. but this is because there is so much to cram! so . . . so much!
one can derive almost any equation you want in physics, just by doing thought experiments. in chemistry, you have to actually conduct an experiment to see what will happen in many cases. and then you have to memorize the results. You guys should do a lot of theoretical chemistry and help yourselves from all the memorizing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by MedicalSamwise(m): 10:16pm On Feb 15, 2016
At d mention of medicine....all other courses must bow
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Equiano: 10:17pm On Feb 15, 2016
I'm a psychology major..bt I don't see how chemistry is tougher than physics. .. Physics is fucking abstract.... back to psychology /sociology.... Psychology is harder. hands down...you'll h ave to take loads of biology and stats classes. .. . Psyc is both biological and social science
in every sociology dept in any schl there s a tandem course that is inseparably attached to it and its called ANTHROPOLOGY, only few schls in Nigeria publicise d course as it shld b: Sociology/Anthropology. my broda anthropology no be beans, even google doesnt hv answers or solutions to anthropological courses, question. as per psychology which focuses on a individual' s behaviour, how on earth can/will b hard compated wt Sociology that focuses on society at large? go to UNN and read Sociology/Anthropology b4 u cn mk ur comparism .
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Ogochukwu67(f): 10:18pm On Feb 15, 2016
I did not see statistics... I had to proof all the formulas we use everyday including the analysis part of it all.
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 15, 2016
Zoology & Botany is tougher than these courses you mentioned.

When you are done cramming botanical names of all plants & animals, different kingdoms, phylum, order etc, you will know it ain't a day job.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan (list Of Successful Candidates:first Choice) Is Out. / Taiwo Bankole & Oyindamola Omotuyi Graduate With 5.0 CGPA In UNILAG (Pics) / 2015/2016 Unilorin Direct Entry Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.