Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,289 members, 7,811,866 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria (60385 Views)

Lists Of 'difficult Courses' People Look Down On. / 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities / Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:53pm On Feb 15, 2016
sigolisis:
Almighty PHARMACY should top the list of difficult courses. It is a combination of all the above listed courses. PHARMACY consists of chemistry, math, physics, biochemistry, microbiology, marketing, law, vertinary medicine, human medicine, dentistry, etc. That is why pharmacy students dont have time
abeg no mind them, how can they compare pharmacy and biochemistry when biochemistry is just one of the courses you have to do as a pharmacy student. you didn't add botany (pharmaconosy). like they used to tell us if a medical doctor makes a mistake he'll kill one person but if a pharmacist makes a mistake he can kill the whole nation. I have friends that failed out of pharmacy school and had gone ahead to make 2nd class upper in biochemistry,microbiology and geology. other students including medical students feel sorry for us back in school then.
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Drdonzeez(m): 11:56pm On Feb 15, 2016
icecalm:
Your insight and judgment is also appreciated.

The additional difficulty in the comparison of each paired courses is given by their positions.

1-- Veterinary MedicineHuman Medicine

2-- PhysicsChemistry

3-- EngineeringArchitecture

4-- DentistryOptometry

5-- BiochemistryPharmacy

6-- Animal ScienceMicrobiology

7-- EconomicsMathematics

8-- LawPhilosophy

9-- GeologyMarketing

10- SociologyPsychology

SORRY IS YOUR CASE.
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by MsNas(f): 12:03am On Feb 16, 2016
deeMarc:
I rep applied chemistry. Buh trust me physics NA die, those physics courses I took in my 2nd year was like chewing paracetamol and chloroquine at the same time without water.
Chemistry is not easy either immediately you begin spectroscopy,chemical kinetics,statiscal thermodynamics (studied only in OAU and LAUTECH), crystal structures, electrophoresis, heterocyclic structures(reaction and preparation of naphthalenes,anthracenes,harwoth synthesis.)blah blah blah. All NA die hard. Still on it tho.
I guess you did Physics 201 in Lautech then grin grin grin
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by MsNas(f): 12:05am On Feb 16, 2016
dictbennie:
No computer science? Only programming is tougher than all the courses combined..
Because the way they teach programming courses in Nigerian schools make it seem like a big deal. Do programming courses in American colleges and I bet it with you, it's gonna be one of your best courses. Computer Science is not hard.... at least unlike the physical sciences.
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Saladin25(m): 12:07am On Feb 16, 2016

[size=14pt]

I can only laugh. I studied physics and it changed my life, my physique, the shape of my head, mixed my brain together. I cried, I prayed, I read till I shed hot tears, I watched my course mate go insane, some fainted, some withdrew.
I crammed 18 pages of pure formulas in just 2 days to pass, I solved Mathematical Physics where the lecturer would give you the answer and ask you to solve backwards to get the question. Quantum Physics gave me Migraine till date.
One day I woke and started cursing Einstein, Schrödinger, Fermi, all the dead Scientists cheesy
If I hear again that Chemistry is tougher than Physics, I will vex cheesy

All the lecturers and Profs I know that truly know Physics are no longer normal. They don't act normal undecided
[/size]

Out of all the courses in Sciences only physics can matchup with Engineering. You are right... physics no be joke. Chemistry is simpler
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by MsNas(f): 12:07am On Feb 16, 2016
deeMarc:

Physics is much of calculation, in chemistry we have calculations,structures, reactions, lot of notes to cram, equations,diagrams and lot more.
Thats not true. I studied Physics for 5 years years and I can count the number of times I actually did calculations in any of my classes.

1 Like

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Drdonzeez(m): 12:07am On Feb 16, 2016
Nelico:

U are very very ignorant of the contents of human medicine. Dental students are absolutely ignorant of paediatrics, psychiatry, community medicine, family medicine, and only have introductory knowledge of internal medicine & surgery. Pls dont allow a dentist handle ur medical & surgical conditions. Its tantamount to suicide.
A medical(medicine) student is totally ignorant of all dental courses ranging from oral biology to restorative dentistry et al including cleft lip and palate surgery, orthognatic surgery,facial trauma,facial orthopaedic surgery et al..If a medical doctor handles all this,you're gone!..NB:Dentists are not ignorant of all you mentioned.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by IJOBA2: 12:11am On Feb 16, 2016
Deejacy2:
Philosophy ehn..
THATS THE PARENT DISCIPLINE.. THE HOME OF CRITICAL REASONING. AM PROUD TO BE A GREAT THINKER!.
LAW STUDENTS NOR EVEN SUPPOSE DEY TALK WHERE PHILOSOPHERS DEY ARGUE
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by IJOBA2: 12:17am On Feb 16, 2016
Equiano:
in every sociology dept in any schl there s a tandem course that is inseparably attached to it and its called ANTHROPOLOGY, only few schls in Nigeria publicise d course as it shld b: Sociology/Anthropology. my broda anthropology no be beans, even google doesnt hv answers or solutions to anthropological courses, question. as per psychology which focuses on a individual' s behaviour, how on earth can/will b hard compated wt Sociology that focuses on society at large? go to UNN and read Sociology/Anthropology b4 u cn mk ur comparism .
SHATAP MY FRIEND angry WHAT DO YOU WANT TO TELL ME ABOUT ANTHROPOLOGY APART FROM THE IDIOTIC CHARLES DARWIN'S THEORY OF EVOLUTION AND SO ON... YOU DONT NEED TO TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT ANTHROPOLOGY CUZ ITS NOTHING WHEN COMPARED TO ARISTOTLE METAPHYSICS.
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Saladin25(m): 12:18am On Feb 16, 2016
Architecture is difficult. You need to be creative but not as difficult as Engineering sha.

Physics is more difficult than chemistry. Their lecturers mad in physics department, Unilag. If you come out with 2:2 in applied physics in Unilag. You tried

Geology is not a child's play, at least I did structural and petroleum geology. their terminologies are mad.

Psychology is more difficult than sociology. Psychology combines both biological science and social science.

Mathematics is crazy, some people think mathematics is all about solving. Study real analysis in mathematics then you will know that mathematics is not beans.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by seyirock(m): 12:49am On Feb 16, 2016
247notire:
From a fellow physicist and a Super Lion, one bottle of Henny my guy smiley. I remember the days of Schrödinger's equation and the madness of General Relativity
a fellow physicst learning how to drive E=mc^2..morden physics na beans?..example, in an inertial system T,a baby is born at x=3x10^6 at a time t=0.01sec where and when is the baby born according to system T prime which is moving along the positive x-axis at speed v=0.75c.....chemistry student don't come with note to class because nothing to write for them.
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by nma4god(f): 1:23am On Feb 16, 2016
djcrown:
Biochemistry should be listed first. It does not matter whether you are in a private,federal or state university, biochemistry is difficult. Why do you think that all those ladies that are pretty before been admitted to department of biochemistry become superUGLY by the time they get to 300L biochemistry The biochemical reaction leading to such transformation can only be explained by a biochemist.
"Towards a better living"
datz y it is vet med 1st cos we also study vet biochem even vet microbiology.....so u see,vet has it all
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Dbrainiac1(m): 1:40am On Feb 16, 2016
nma4god:
datz y it is vet med 1st cos we also study vet biochem even vet microbiology.....so u see,vet has it all
med microbiology and med biochemistry nko?
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:09am On Feb 16, 2016
Sholaystar4me:
Nice one jawee brother, but chemistry over physics shaa... that chemistry ehn#whew

Are you kidding me
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by SuPeRq(f): 3:01am On Feb 16, 2016
neoapocalypse:

Are you kidding me
Chemistry and Physics were like brothers and sisters, Most times the two courses are kind of related but the almighty difference is that you can still have idea in physics questions but in Chemistry if you don't know it, just save yourself the stress of writing rubbish, submit your blank sheet............ grin
neoapocalypse:

Are you kidding me
Chemistry and Physics were like brothers and sisters, Most times the two courses are kind of related but the almighty difference is that you can still have idea in physics questions but in Chemistry if you don't know it, just save yourself the stress of writing rubbish, submit your blank sheet............ React with Chemist today, You'll need the bond tomorrow
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:12am On Feb 16, 2016
Equiano:
in every sociology dept in any schl there s a tandem course that is inseparably attached to it and its called ANTHROPOLOGY, only few schls in Nigeria publicise d course as it shld b: Sociology/Anthropology. my broda anthropology no be beans, even google doesnt hv answers or solutions to anthropological courses, question. as per psychology which focuses on a individual' s behaviour, how on earth can/will b hard compated wt Sociology that focuses on society at large? go to UNN and read Sociology/Anthropology b4 u cn mk ur comparism .
bro you can't compare psychology and sociology in terms of toughness, psychology is harder even physical anthropology no reach am half... Introduction to psychology is easy and it's the basis of why pple are saying psychology is easy... Come and do research methods, cognitive psychology, physiological psychology and clinical psychology.... Your life will change...

1 Like

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:16am On Feb 16, 2016
Dminister:
If I hear sociology and pyschology where pol science is.
Courses like state and economy,development studies, political thought 1 and 2, public policy analysis.
Law students taking pol science courses failing anyhow.
Pls go verify in other universities.
you can compare Pol with sociology but not with psychology guy.... Come and do physiological psychology or clinical psychology.... Even substance abuse which is kind of a precursor to psychopharmacology..... Guy you go change your mind

1 Like

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by tunnamaniah(m): 4:24am On Feb 16, 2016
Sujidamau:
Hmmm, to study physics no be small thing. U must read as if ur head Wan catch fire. So far physics is the most hardest course in the whole faculty of science, no any course can be compare with physics.
come futa make u kan study 'computer science' nd ur life will never remain the same
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:31am On Feb 16, 2016
icecalm:
Your insight and judgment is also appreciated.

The additional difficulty in the comparison of each paired courses is given by their positions.

2-- PhysicsChemistry

4-- DentistryOptometry

5-- BiochemistryPharmacy

7-- EconomicsMathematics

8-- LawPhilosophy

9-- GeologyMarketing

10- SociologyPsychology

pple are defending their course bt based on my objective analysis this is what i came up with...
1 vet medicine is harder cuz you would have to know the anatomy and physiology of different species of animals including humans
2 physics is harder no doubt.. Although chemistry is hard too
3 engineering hands down.... Doesn't mean architecture ain't challenging too
4 not sure about this one
5 pharmacy cuz they deal with human lives more than biochemistry, they study biochemistry too and many aspects of the human body so they basically know biochemistry than a biochemistry student knowing pharmacy
6 not sure about this one
7 mathematics no doubt... Bt economics is hard too
8 law bt philosophy is not far off
9 lol this got me laughing..... Geology hands down.. I see no relationship sef
10 finally psychology which is my discipline and sociology... I did both at an introductory level and i find psychology to be easier maybe because of my interest in it.... Bt in advance level psychology is harder. Even sociology students testified to it.... Like someone said.. Psychology is both a biological science and a social sciences... Everything we do in psychology.. We do the biological side of it and the sociological side of it.... We do statistics too.... I'm not saying sociology ain't challenging... Bt trust me... Psychology is not as easy as you think... And it's the closest discipline in social sciences to pure sciences.. Tnx

2 Likes

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by goldfish80(m): 5:23am On Feb 16, 2016
Funny how engineers elected to stay away from this thread totally. Lol
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by KingRex1(m): 5:45am On Feb 16, 2016
Architorture! Mehn u need to see students on the week of presentations nd defence.. Slept less than 10hrs in a week for real!

1 Like

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by livingstoneony(m): 5:47am On Feb 16, 2016
Do you ask yuh self y do I want to study all these difficult Courses? do u want to know if olajumoke knows what is written on her contracts? grin And if she studied any of these courses? shocked shocked click the link on my signature grin
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by gbenga44: 5:56am On Feb 16, 2016
Metals & Materials Engineering/ Systems Engineering

Nothing as difficult as this combo pack.

quote author=icecalm post=29857820] Your insight and judgment is also appreciated.

2-- PhysicsChemistry

4-- DentistryOptometry

5-- BiochemistryPharmacy

7-- EconomicsMathematics

8-- LawPhilosophy

9-- GeologyMarketing

10- SociologyPsychology

[/quote]
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by jojothaiv(m): 6:18am On Feb 16, 2016
Had a dream to be a surgeon back then... But now I'm proudly a draughtsman... If you know what that mean.... ArchitectureAllTheWAY!!!
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:19am On Feb 16, 2016
law all the way . . . i will get there ijn. amen.
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by druxy(m): 6:55am On Feb 16, 2016
iamrealdeji:

Thick lie,physics is more difficult,come to Unilorin and study physics,na then you go know say baba na father
mention a better school abeg
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by bpalace(m): 7:01am On Feb 16, 2016
sagaciousblog:
the list should be;
1. Dentistry before medicine cos they do evertin pple in medicine does plus their addittional workload except obst and gyn..secondly, there is NOTHING, a student in medicine wud say dat a Dental student have no idea of but the medicine student knows Nothing about dentistry.
2. Geology before pharmacy; omo geology no be beans o and pharm guys need to cram drug names like mad
3.Biochemistry/optometry..others can follow..
N.B; these are my opinions and no one shud quote me for any insult.

boss ... that ain't true, in my sch, dentists and MBBS write different exams in medicine and surgery...
dentistry don't do....o &g, paedo, comm med....... get ur facts ryt
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by lakezone67(m): 7:13am On Feb 16, 2016
Moblord:
Mathematics should come before economics i think
Not @ unilorin embarassed[quote author=Moblord post
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Shollarh(m): 7:19am On Feb 16, 2016
You see?
when she hears I'm a computer engineer she'll be like "bae, have you signed MY blank cheque yet?"

you follow me do engineering drawing?
oshi!
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by dplomaticVal: 7:34am On Feb 16, 2016
nnowu:
Law should have been among the 1st_ 3rd #team law fac,ESUT
have they bn accredited to admit law students?
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Equiano: 7:35am On Feb 16, 2016
Omoluabi16:
O.P wetin 8, 9, and 10 dey do there? those are mild courses jare.How about you try Accounting which should be in the top 3! angry
bros, as a Sociologist am a chartered Accountant wtin 30 months. wats there in accounting. I even can 3rd overall in public sector accounting in ican exam. Sociologist knws smtin abt everything and everything abt d society. sociologists rocks!
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by geogift(f): 7:37am On Feb 16, 2016
sagaciousblog:
the list should be;
1. Dentistry before medicine cos they do evertin pple in medicine does plus their addittional workload except obst and gyn..secondly, there is NOTHING, a student in medicine wud say dat a Dental student have no idea of but the medicine student knows Nothing about dentistry.
2. Geology before pharmacy; omo geology no be beans o and pharm guys need to cram drug names like mad
3.Biochemistry/optometry..others can follow..
N.B; these are my opinions and no one shud quote me for any insult.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan (list Of Successful Candidates:first Choice) Is Out. / Taiwo Bankole & Oyindamola Omotuyi Graduate With 5.0 CGPA In UNILAG (Pics) / 2015/2016 Unilorin Direct Entry Thread.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.