Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,291 members, 7,811,873 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria (60386 Views)

Lists Of 'difficult Courses' People Look Down On. / 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities / Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by GMan650(m): 12:38pm On Feb 16, 2016
mayskit4luv:

well said..... For Chemistry, if u don't know,u don't know! Lobatan

*in Dr. Lasisi's voice "shey u know?"*

No b small thing bro

1 Like

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:49pm On Feb 16, 2016
MsNas:

I guess you did Physics 201 in Lautech then grin grin grin
Yeah. 201 I regret doing lol! Guess you are an alumnus abi
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by sagaciousblog: 1:10pm On Feb 16, 2016
Fadekebisola:

thanks for hyping us dental surgeons but we dont do everything in medicine and surgery..is just few selected topics and we dont do things like psychiatry, neurosurgery...

thanks again but we are baba in dentistry and doctors are baba in their medicine and surgery....dont put division, we are one with them
lol,,i could have ignored you anyway cos it seems you are not a dental student..but pls dont be offended o..which school are you? Cos your sentence; we are baba in dentistry and "DOCTORS" are baba in medicine speaks volume of you!

1 Like

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Fadekebisola(f): 1:41pm On Feb 16, 2016
sagaciousblog:
lol,,i could have ignored you anyway cos it seems you are not a dental student..but pls dont be offended o..which school are you? Cos your sentence; we are baba in dentistry and "DOCTORS" are baba in medicine speaks volume of you!
UNN and i have graduated some years back...we are actually 'dental surgeons' by profession and same with medical doctors...i just dont like undue creation of relevance for no reason
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Temysteve(m): 2:31pm On Feb 16, 2016
killsmith:
shut ur a** up.....
opss, i really think u av something upstairs in the first instance, but i can u're just a pervert. Maybe i'm too principle to deliberate with retarded brain like you.
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Temysteve(m): 2:34pm On Feb 16, 2016
hostine316:

Says who
mathematics is all based on calculations nd analysis but economic has a lot of volumes...
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by akatekpe(m): 2:42pm On Feb 16, 2016
Sholaystar4me:
Bros as u have quantum physics na hin we have quantum chemistry, omo dt tin no smile oo, go reaction mechanism, rxtn kintectics, natural products, mak u dey memorise structures, formulas,reactions, wey be say dem go giv u small 1 for klass, karry adVance kom for exam u go just dey watch questions like chinese, u nor go understand werin dem right bruh...etc, if we have a chemistry student in the house, perhaps u will understand..physics is equally very hard bro, buh not like chem....I like the way my guy put the two courses for number 2

I know within your mind, u agreed that Physics is more difficult. I can confidently say Chemistry is a branch of Physics. All Physicists are Chemists by default.
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 16, 2016
Dminister:

May be u forgot pol science students also take courses from psychology dept,sociology,philosophy and economics as elective courses. In my school no dept under social science students dare to even think of taking an elective course from pol science because of the critical analysis and objectivity nature of dept courses.
like i said earlier, you can't compare.... Most of the courses you borrowed are introductory courses, what's the big deal, I borrowed Pol and soc in 100l and it was a breeze for me.... Sociology students borrowed social psychology.... When they saw the exam questions, they wan cry, nobody had A in the course, come see failure.... You should be comparing with sociology and maybe mass com.. Not psychology...... It all boils down to the fact that every course had its challenges Sha..... Bt psychology isn't child's play... I'm not talking about the introduction to psychology you borrowed... Cuz even my kid bro can pass that one......
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by callMeAlpha(m): 3:13pm On Feb 16, 2016
anthney87:

guy u don't know anytin abt the comparism u re talking.
Chen hard pass physics. physic own b say if u know the formular u re good to go but Chen is not like that.
Biochemistry is very very tough. Ask medical students they mostly fail biochemistry courses in school. they always manage to pass it and jubilate that one is just for simple medical biochemistry not pure biochemistry with pathways.
But I guess geology shud be compared with engineering
yeah...I know biochemistry is tough, as a graduate of microbiology,bck then I did pure Biochemistry from 200l to 300l 2nd semester,.. It was a 5 credit load course both first and second semester, making it 10 unit,...Biochemistry and Microbiology offers same courses from 100-400 wit a little exception of Physics and Animal and Environmental science as we only did Physics in 100l y biochemistry only offerd Aeb in 100l..from introductory Biochemistry to immunology to Metabolic pathway to Amino Acid Metabolism to industrial Mcb to Virology.. To me both re 80% similar.... As for Chemistry i offered chemistry from 100-300l both Organic and Inorganic..trust me,even chemistry student will testify to the badness not Goodness of Physics111,...i still strongly believe Chemistry is inferior to Physics..Physics should be compared to mathematics nt Chemistry..NOTE: am nt saying chemistry is easy doh...bt compared to physics ,I'll say NO
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Saladin25(m): 6:49pm On Feb 16, 2016
Temysteve:
mathematics is all based on calculations nd analysis but economic has a lot of volumes...

Lol... Do you know how wide mathematics is? Please do not say things you don't know. Do you think mathematics is about just solving?

Guy Mathematics na baba of economics. Even an Engineering students must not utter such statement.
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by opeaceo: 7:30pm On Feb 16, 2016
akatekpe:
I know within your mind, u agreed that Physics is more difficult. I can confidently say Chemistry is a branch of Physics. All Physicists are Chemists by default.

Hope you didn't type this under duress??

Chemistry a branch of physics?? and you're confident about what you wrote??

Why do people think this way, why?? chai..
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Stancrus(m): 8:08pm On Feb 16, 2016
Honour91:
grin....DENTISTRY no be small tin oooo,proud to be a Dental student,08133323633 is my num 2 know more about DENTISTRY.

THE LIST SHOULD BE:

1. DENTISTRY And DENTAL SURGERY
2.VETERINARY MEDICINE
3.HUMAN MEDICINE AND SURGERY
others follow.......
bro I think veterinary medicine should be at the number dat course is the hardest I swear I heard they do about 11 anatomy or so while human medicine and dentistry do just one imagine in university of nigeria during there last convocation out of a hundred and something people in veterinary medicine just 40 could graduate successfully run from veterinary medicine bro that course na die
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Stancrus(m): 8:12pm On Feb 16, 2016
sigolisis:
Almighty PHARMACY should top the list of difficult courses. It is a combination of all the above listed courses. PHARMACY consists of chemistry, math, physics, biochemistry, microbiology, marketing, law, vertinary medicine, human medicine, dentistry, etc. That is why pharmacy students dont have time
brother are u sleeping when you said pharmacy consist of veterinary medicine lols u don't know wat ur saying pharmacy dea inside vet oh you know vet doctors also administer drugs so they also have a broder knowledge in that aspect too how many pharmacy can treat or administer drugs to an animal that can't even tell you his problem or speak but a vet can those guys they try I swear
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by horlahsunbo225(m): 9:32pm On Feb 16, 2016
Anybody that study computer science for oou and you graduate with upper you can stand anywhere in the word..... Salute for voiceless tough course
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Temysteve(m): 11:38pm On Feb 16, 2016
Saladin25:

Lol... Do you know how wide mathematics is? Please do not say things you don't know. Do you think mathematics is about just solving?

Guy Mathematics na baba of economics. Even an Engineering students must not utter such statement.
if dat is the case I CONCUR coz i do a bit of economics and mathematics is a no go area for me coz i dnt like it but i do like statistics.
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Saladin25(m): 11:45pm On Feb 16, 2016
Temysteve:
if dat is the case I CONCUR coz i do a bit of economics and mathematics is a no go area for me coz i dnt like it but i do like statistics.

Alright.
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Dminister(m): 8:12am On Feb 17, 2016
samyomz:
like i said earlier, you can't compare.... Most of the courses you borrowed are introductory courses, what's the big deal, I borrowed Pol and soc in 100l and it was a breeze for me.... Sociology students borrowed social psychology.... When they saw the exam questions, they wan cry, nobody had A in the course, come see failure.... You should be comparing with sociology and maybe mass com.. Not psychology...... It all boils down to the fact that every course had its challenges Sha..... Bt psychology isn't child's play... I'm not talking about the introduction to psychology you borrowed... Cuz even my kid bro can pass that one......
what's introduction to psychology. Every hundred level student must take an introductory course and that's a fact. We took some of psychology courses in 200l and 300l. Courses like development psychology, experimental psychology and psychology testing. Guess what? They are cheap. Mention psychology difficult courses and I will also mention pol science difficult courses. Let's delegate.
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 17, 2016
Temysteve:
I don't wanna drag any issue here, I'm a graduate of Pure and Applied Mathematics and I know wat it takes.. if u tink Mathematics is all about calculations and analysis u must be kidding...and don't forget economist only knows the area of mathematics application to their field not all....Mathematics is so broad that its applicable to all field..Statistics, Computer, Physics, Logic and Phylosophy, Medical field(Bio mathematics: Epidemiology), Engineering, Economics and so on...pls as hard as Physics is, Mathematics is also dam hard..Everybody Na king for hn lane...
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by dictbennie(m): 10:08am On Feb 17, 2016
MsNas:

Because the way they teach programming courses in Nigerian schools make it seem like a big deal. Do programming courses in American colleges and I bet it with you, it's gonna be one of your best courses. Computer Science is not hard.... at least unlike the physical sciences.

Computer science is not hard...wow....I guess you are not aware that every computer scientist is a mathematician..we do most of the analysis courses in maths plus sizable statistics courses...Have you heard of compiler construction? That shit is just like quantum physics.. What about algorithms? A situation where you don't know what you are doing...programming is just one aspect of computing..
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Temysteve(m): 2:28pm On Feb 17, 2016
hostine316:

I don't wanna drag any issue here, I'm a graduate of Pure and Applied Mathematics and I know wat it takes.. if u tink Mathematics is all about calculations and analysis u must be kidding...and don't forget economist only knows the area of mathematics application to their field not all....Mathematics is so broad that its applicable to all field..Statistics, Computer, Physics, Logic and Phylosophy, Medical field(Bio mathematics: Epidemiology), Engineering, Economics and so on...pls as hard as Physics is, Mathematics is also dam hard..Everybody Na king for hn lane...
I CONCUR without stress!! #boss but i do prefer statistics to mathemetics.
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Royat1(m): 3:44pm On Feb 17, 2016
icecalm:
oya front page make we know how many people they in support of your idea. and I will buy it too

Shut up jorh psychology bawo. You can't even compare pyschology with any management science course. You guys don't do any calculation, you just do statistics like mean, answer me se dat one na work. Have you done micro economics and Marco economics before all those proving like lagranja theory, cost accounting, financial accounting, econometrics for banking. I just dey look you. People studying psychology na just to dey read book. If you do some courses for management science and economics you go cracking your head ehn... Please remove psychology and sociology from that list..
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by MsNas(f): 4:22pm On Feb 17, 2016
dictbennie:

Computer science is not hard...wow....I guess you are not aware that every computer scientist is a mathematician..we do most of the analysis courses in maths plus sizable statistics courses...Have you heard of compiler construction? That shit is just like quantum physics.. What about algorithms? A situation where you don't know what you are doing...programming is just one aspect of computing..
Dude. Calm down. I've got a masters in computer science. I have a bachelors in physics. So I've experienced both worlds. Peace.
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 17, 2016
Dminister:
what's introduction to psychology. Every hundred level student must take an introductory course and that's a fact. We took some of psychology courses in 200l and 300l. Courses like development psychology, experimental psychology and psychology testing. Guess what? They are cheap. Mention psychology difficult courses and I will also mention pol science difficult courses. Let's delegate.
haha which aspect of developmental psychology did you do,? They are divided into three phases development psychology 1,2 and 3... Well those psychology you took aren't difficult....ever heard of psychology of substance abuse where you get to cram psychoactive drug names, chemical composition and effect on the nervous system, ever heard of physiological psychology where you get to know the structure of the nervous system, neuronal transmission of impulse and blood brain barrier etc... Every heard of psychobiology where you get to learn about evolution, behavioral genetics etc.. Ever heard of clinical psychology where you get to cram names of psychological disorders..evolutionary psychology, health psychology.... Chai they are too much.. etc.. Guy you don't know shit about psychology like most pple, you just scratched the surface ..... Ever heard of research design and analysis? And many more... Guy lol Pol science na child's play beside psychology.. I'm not saying Pol is easy.. All I'm saying is that you can't just compare... The stats you guys are doing are like 2+2 for us.... There's a reason why they say psychology is both a biological and social science #...you guys study political behaviour and shit... We study behaviour in general... There is even political psychology and I'm sure you must have done it.. Lool#i rest my case
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:31am On Feb 18, 2016
Temysteve:
I CONCUR without stress!! #boss but i do prefer statistics to mathemetics.

Lol..Statistics is just a mere branch in Applied Mathematics... A mathematician is more exposed and respected than a statistician...I told you I read pure and Applied Mathematics, so I'm also a statistician..statistics is all about calculations and analysis not maths as a whole..Maths is so dam wide than statistics... and let me tel you why?? A Mathematics graduate can switch to any field for masters in Physics, Computer sciences, Statistics, Actuary science, Engineering (depends on the course) without going through 1 year post diploma while a statistician can never automatically switch, except he/she decides to do masters in Actuary scienceor statistics...1 more funny truth is that a statistics graduate can never do masters in maths automatically, he as to do 1 year post graduate diploma but for a mathematician its an automatic ticket...#Proudly Mathematician....
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:58pm On Feb 18, 2016
callMeAlpha:
Comparing Microbiology to Animal science is insane just like comparing Physics to chemistry...... Microbiology should be compared to Biochemistry while Physics should be compared to Mathematics... Talking from personal experience and that of friends back then in school....
I guess you are from an act or social sciences department that why you are comparing base on the superficial view of the courses. It's insane to compare Physics to mathematics because the both didn't start on the same basis, when mathematics was busy with numbering and algebra, physics and chemistry were dealing with nature and when we talk about things of physics found in mathematics you should get it clearly that maths find it plausible to elucidate on those aspects of physics and even chemistry and this are usually mere calculations. I did mechanics and dynamic in mathematics and could relate them to Physics but their occurrence in mathematics came after those concept has been fully established in physics . Modern integration you see in mathematics today was long used in physics and chemistry but algebra is undoubtedly of mathematics. physics and chemistry students are usually compel to take similar courses in 100lv and few in 200lv but even after they stop taking similar courses they still end up doing some similar topics. Definitely most topics you find in physics are also found in chemistry, in physics and chemistry you find the likes of radioactivity, mechanics (particles), thermodynamics, molecular theory, state of matter, etc but mechanics of flying bodies (stars and planets) and moving objects on earth surface is rooted in Physics. Probably you don't see stuffs like statistics, probability and network analysis in physics; what the heck will they be doing there. Please don't think because Physics is more of calculations make it more like mathematics because knowing mathematics doesn't in anyway guarantee you a sound success in physics. I know of many dudes good in maths who could testify that maths is comprehensible but Physics is kind of enigmatic. So it's sane to compare Physics to chemistry instead of physics to mathematics. On the aspects of Biochemistry and pharmacy I'm socked at your response. It clear that what a pharmacist does is all about drugs, other functions may spread into diagnosis of disease because in Nigeria people can be so versatile. Pharmacy brings within it scope some of the knowledge in chemistry and biology to understand the causes of diseases and formulation of potential cure. Pharmacy is more of chemistry science and biology than a lay man will ever think of. It easy to think that pharmacy is more like microbiology but only to find out that microbiology is just one tiny scope of pharmacy. Biochemistry deal with organic molecules, cells,tissues, and systems, complex reactions in living tissues,etc it study how living tissues and cells(including microorganisms) react with chemicals, medicinal effects of chemical on living tissue e.g pain relief. Knowledge supplied to pharmacist from chemistry may be found in biochemistry. Microbiology on the other hand encompasses study of microorganisms, their effects and benefits to humans(fermentation processes and brewing). The study of microbiology gave a major breakthrough in health care and medicine in recognition of the causative agents of many diseases and the use of antibiotics (chemicals produced by other microorganisms) to cure diseases caused by bacteria infections. The study of Microbiology doesn't provide effective knowledge on how to extract, purify and provide antibiotics in fine state(drugs) and safe for effect treatment of disease without adverse side effects and this is what the pharmacist does and biochemistry could provide those knowledge. The knowledge of Biochemistry has aid the synthesis of antibiotics since they could study the molecules produced by the organisms and apply the science of chemistry to synthesize them. See https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biochemistry, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microbiology and https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharmacy

1 Like

Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Dminister(m): 4:41pm On Feb 18, 2016
samyomz:
haha which aspect of developmental psychology did you do,? They are divided into three phases development psychology 1,2 and 3... Well those psychology you took aren't difficult....ever heard of psychology of substance abuse where you get to cram psychoactive drug names, chemical composition and effect on the nervous system, ever heard of physiological psychology where you get to know the structure of the nervous system, neuronal transmission of impulse and blood brain barrier etc... Every heard of psychobiology where you get to learn about evolution, behavioral genetics etc.. Ever heard of clinical psychology where you get to cram names of psychological disorders..evolutionary psychology, health psychology.... Chai they are too much.. etc.. Guy you don't know shit about psychology like most pple, you just scratched the surface ..... Ever heard of research design and analysis? And many more... Guy lol Pol science na child's play beside psychology.. I'm not saying Pol is easy.. All I'm saying is that you can't just compare... The stats you guys are doing are like 2+2 for us.... There's a reason why they say psychology is both a biological and social science #...you guys study political behaviour and shit... We study behaviour in general... There is even political psychology and I'm sure you must have done it.. Lool#i rest my case
I laff at you guy when u mentioned stats and all that shit about psychology like its a big deal. Psychology is a discipline dat outline both overt and covert behaviour of human being. political science is a discipline that deals with the systems of government, the analysis of political activity and behaviour. I believe from the above definitions of the two disciplines one who is a social scientist should know that all social science disciplines are built on generality of human behaviour and the ability to know their roles in the society makes u a social scientist.
So, political science is a course that doesn't just study the behaviour of systems of government but also the interactions btween international systems.
Have you heard of chicken delima complex theory, the military industrial complex, economic growth and redistribution,nationalism and internationalism, power and justice, political logic and enquiry, substance of law, brain imagine, cognitive neuroscience theories, theories of political cognition, urban politics, politics of regulation, the supreme court and the constitution, judicial politics, environmental law and politics, election laws, courts and political controversy, law and sex, race and law, politics of multiculturalism, political theory where you analyse the work of plato, Aristotle, machiavelli, cicero, st august, john locke, jean jack rousseau, thomas hobbes and others.
Political science is a wide discipline and please don't compare.
I won't reply to any argument anymore.
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 18, 2016
Dminister:
I laff at you guy when u mentioned stats and all that shit about psychology like its a big deal. Psychology is a discipline dat outline both overt and covert behaviour of human being. political science is a discipline that deals with the systems of government, the analysis of political activity and behaviour. I believe from the above definitions of the two disciplines one who is a social scientist should know that all social science disciplines are built on generality of human behaviour and the ability to know their roles in the society makes u a social scientist.
So, political science is a course that doesn't just study the behaviour of systems of government but also the interactions btween international systems.
Have you heard of chicken delima complex theory, the military industrial complex, economic growth and redistribution,nationalism and internationalism, power and justice, political logic and enquiry, substance of law, brain imagine, cognitive neuroscience theories, theories of political cognition, urban politics, politics of regulation, the supreme court and the constitution, judicial politics, environmental law and politics, election laws, courts and political controversy, law and sex, race and law, politics of multiculturalism, political theory where you analyse the work of plato, Aristotle, machiavelli, cicero, st august, john locke, jean jack rousseau, thomas hobbes and others.
Political science is a wide discipline and please don't compare.
I won't reply to any argument anymore.
please reply, cuz i really want to engage you, i have your time....behaviour is the central focus of psychology.. And a political scientist will need the knowledge of psychology to fully understand political behavior and processes..we Study human behavior but we use different perspective to study it.... Pol science studies political behavior... Psychology studies all behaviors in general using all perspectives including political behaviors You said psychology is the study of covert and overt behaviour... And you stopped, when you got to political science you listed almost all your sub fields, that shows how faint your knowledge about psychology is.....those things you mentioned in Pol science is easy to understand if you read it well..... Psychology deals extensively in biology, and chemistry in some cases in fields like psychopharmacology physiological psychology, cognitive neuroscience, neuro psychology psychology is not limited to the social sciences, .... You are saying there's no big deal in it...means you have very little knowledge about psychology... I'm going into the field of clinical neuropsychology and this is what I'll be doing basically.... Psychology is broad, very broad and it touches every discipline... From art to engineering to architecture.. Etc.. I'm not being biarse.... I'm just stating the obvious... I'm not against Pol science, in fact i really enjoyed it in 100l....bt you are wrong if you say Pol science is more challenging than psychology... Fine... Every course has its challenge.... But psychology my brother is clearly more challenging.. Even Pol and soc students testified to it...#proudlybehaviourist
Re: 10 Pairs Of Difficult Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:37pm On Feb 21, 2016
Drdonzeez:
SORRY IS YOUR CASE.
and what is your case

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan (list Of Successful Candidates:first Choice) Is Out. / Taiwo Bankole & Oyindamola Omotuyi Graduate With 5.0 CGPA In UNILAG (Pics) / 2015/2016 Unilorin Direct Entry Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.