Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (998102 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 1:08am On Jul 07, 2015
dolpaz:
And a quick one for guys whose interview is coming up soon.

Please be advised that the checklist has been changed to the list below.

This is an updated list and expected arrangement as at 07/07/2015 which was gotten from one of our member here from the consulate.

Please, ensure you follow the listing in the right order so as not to be in logger-head with the Rivers state man at the gate (A.k.a Igbo man grin)

#letStayGuided

#teamWinter wink

It seems you don't know say this man (i***o man) don dey this thread. You better change your name to "golpaz" when ever you are at the embassy so that he will not recognise you by that name that is calling him ............... grin grin grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 1:12am On Jul 07, 2015
honourableseyi:

It seems you don't know say this man (i***o man) don dey this thread. You better change your name to "golpaz" when ever you are at the embassy so that he will not recognise you by that name that is calling him ............... grin grin grin

Lolz.. See seyi..

Fear not.. My bible says "He that lives in me, is greater than he that lives in the world".. Eni to ba je gbii.. lo ma ku gbiii

I never said anything bad about him.. lol.. just sending warnings.

Moreso, u think the man get time for this kain thing? he has a family to cater for and a demanding job. he's not looking to travel to deutschland (As a student) so what is he looking for.

Abeg, FOI bill has been passed joor. how you dey brother and whatsup with your app?

#opeLomaJasi !

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 1:19am On Jul 07, 2015
dolpaz:

Lolz.. See seyi..

Fear not.. My bible says "He that lives in me, is greater than he that lives in the world".. Eni to ba je gbii.. lo ma ku gbiii

I never said anything bad about him.. lol.. just sending warnings.

Moreso, u think the man get time for this kain thing? he has a family to cater for and a demanding job. he's not looking to travel to deutschland (As a student) so what is he looking for.

Abeg, FOI bill has been passed joor. how you dey brother and whatsup with your app?

#opeLomaJasi !

grin grin grin grin It is well. App dey there joo. Called you this morning or afternoon but was unreachable and ur whatsapp too na same same. VPD done and others forwarded today except one to the glory of God. We will talk more on it tomorrow by God's grace. Hope that thing dey gather?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 3:54am On Jul 07, 2015
Obiwannn:
Dear Sir, with regard to your visa application at the
German Consulate General, please be
informed that we are still in need of a
confirmation by Deutsche Bank that your
blocked account has been opened and
the necessary amount has been credited to it in order to process your visa
application. You are welcome to forward the above
named document by e-mail attachment
(pdf) as soon as at hand. Thank you for your anticipated
cooperation. Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Sincerely yours Visa Section (JE) Generalkonsulat der Bundesrepublik
Deutschland - Lagos -
Consulate General of the Federal
Republic of Germany - Lagos - Tel: +234-1-280-9966
Fax: +49 30 1817 67232 Rechts- und Konsularreferat
15, Walter Carrington Crescent
Victoria Island
Lagos
Bundesrepublik Nigeria Reply.

ABEG NA THIS SAME EXACT MAIL EMBASSY DE SEND PPLE WEY DON DO INTERVIEW WITHOUT PREVIOUSLY FUNDING THE B. ACC
receivd d mail by 2.21pm today having alrdy had an awesome interview by 7.30am.
eke AND others abeg respond
I know say you go smoke am!!! Nice one
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 6:55am On Jul 07, 2015
dolpaz:
And a quick one for guys whose interview is coming up soon.

Please be advised that the checklist has been changed to the list below.

This is an updated list and expected arrangement as at 07/07/2015 which was gotten by one of our member here from the consulate.

Please, ensure you follow the listing in the right order so as not to be in logger-head with the Rivers state man at the gate (A.k.a Igbo man grin)

#letStayGuided

#teamWinter wink

Thanks but I went to the German embassy website (Nigeria) just now the checklist is still the same.
Where was this new checklist posted or updated?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 7:07am On Jul 07, 2015
twinkle1:
Thanks but I went to the German embassy website (Nigeria) just now the checklist is still the same.
Where was this new checklist posted or updated?

It has changed. The checklist online is different from the one with the ibo guy. Use this one given here oh!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mokaz: 7:25am On Jul 07, 2015
They agreed on a new deal and the strike was called off after the new agreement....they resumed work yesterday morning...... Anyone yet to send application should act fast.......good luck to you guys.

Galads:
I was about to inform the house about this. My documents got to Germany this morning delivered to a friend and when she went to send the different documents to the different schools I applied for, she was told regular post will take 10days instead of the usual 2 days minimum. She had to send it through express but it cost more, I think 24euro instead of the usual 1.5euro for normal delivery. Will advice anybody going to send docs during this period to make sure he/she confirms very well from customer care about the time it will take to get to Germany and the time it will take to get to the school. Or preferably ask for express delivery from naija here but might be a bit more expensive.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 07, 2015
Obiwannn:
Dear Sir, with regard to your visa application at the
German Consulate General, please be
informed that we are still in need of a
confirmation by Deutsche Bank that your
blocked account has been opened and
the necessary amount has been credited to it in order to process your visa
application. You are welcome to forward the above
named document by e-mail attachment
(pdf) as soon as at hand. Thank you for your anticipated
cooperation. Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Sincerely yours Visa Section (JE) Generalkonsulat der Bundesrepublik
Deutschland - Lagos -
Consulate General of the Federal
Republic of Germany - Lagos - Tel: +234-1-280-9966
Fax: +49 30 1817 67232 Rechts- und Konsularreferat
15, Walter Carrington Crescent
Victoria Island
Lagos
Bundesrepublik Nigeria Reply.

ABEG NA THIS SAME EXACT MAIL EMBASSY DE SEND PPLE WEY DON DO INTERVIEW WITHOUT PREVIOUSLY FUNDING THE B. ACC
receivd d mail by 2.21pm today having alrdy had an awesome interview by 7.30am.
eke AND others abeg respond

Congrat bro so painful I was not in Lagos on Monday. I got the same message and waiting for union bank ooooo since Thursday no time bro go and fund your account sharp sharp. Union bank still dey put me on long thing the money is there already I filled d form since Thursday before my interview date
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by princetigris(m): 9:39am On Jul 07, 2015
ayooluwaanif:
Good evening. I am applying for a DAAD scholarship and I was asked to submit through the German embassy. I am applying for three courses. How much will I be paying at the German embassy and also what is the nature of submission although I already have all the necessary documents available
the reply to your question is what am waiting for.... Try check ur mail Mr....
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 10:14am On Jul 07, 2015
kennyoguns0509:

Congrat bro so painful I was not in Lagos on Monday. I got the same message and waiting for union bank ooooo since Thursday no time bro go and fund your account sharp sharp. Union bank still dey put me on long thing the money is there already I filled d form since Thursday before my interview date
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by yoshiokastacy: 10:48am On Jul 07, 2015
So interesting to read
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 1:26pm On Jul 07, 2015
okay, lemme continue.

I passed out last week Thursday, 2nd July (none of una send me congratulatory messages oh, except of course my very own paddy Dolpaz, Eke the Oracle and my dear hamburg buddy Ahbbiey), left Nasarawa for Abuja same day left Abuja for Warri next morning, then went to write an exam in Asaba Saturday morning returned to Warri same day, left for benin Sunday morning then left Benin for Lag by 12.30pm on Sunday and arrived by 8pm...phew, see waka, on top Nigerian roads; I THANK BABA GOD FOR JOURNEY MERCIES OOOOOOOH!

Ok, I had planned to lodge at a certain hotel at Obalende (room 4k per night) but because I arrived Lagos so late, Oga Eke suggested I crashed at Dolpaz' crib and go to the embassy next morning in company of a certain glost grin on this thread..lol.. I followed his advice and thank God for Oga Dolpaz, niccuur fed me and housed me and even gave me....(wetin u wan hear? tongue) lol..

i woke up 2.45am monday morning and prepared to storm the embassy (thank God for Ahbbiey who called and my china fone Alarm which is ever reliable; oh China phone, no worry, u are following me to Germany). I left in the company of my ghost buddy for the embassy at 5am. BRT park was not yet opened, so we were lucky and got a straight car from Berger to VI. We got to the embassy at approximately 5;30am and met like 8 persons on a queue and we be like, these people crash on top lawn ni? abi dem sleep for their motor outside We were joined shortly by Williamso and we just de gist till around 6am when I spotted my first enemy (fair igbo man). I had never experienced the man before, but I was quite prepared to FINISH HIM!!! cool. He told us to form a queue and that he was not going to entertain any questions till 10am and that we should do as we were told. At about 6.15am I spotted my 2nd and MOST IMPORTANT ENEMY driving in (chinese-german, isabellic woman) and told the others to see the woman wey almost make me piss for body the first time wey I come this place, again I was double motivated..

the igbo man ask us wey de come for family reunion and long stay visas and those having appointments regardless of the time of the appointment to come forward with our passport, appointment printout and originals and two set of photocopies already arranged. The dude just de bounce people anyhow until it got to my turn and I gave him my already arranged docs which was arranged according to the checklist I saw online. He bounced me and said I should go rearrange me docs according to the checklist, I replied him saying Sir I have already arranged them according to the checklist. He replied, EHEN, YOU ARE SURE? YOU ARE ARGUING WITH ME EHN? IF I SHOW YOU THE CHECKLIST AND YOU SEE THAT YOUR DOCS WERE NOT ARRANGED ACCOORDING TO IT, I AM GOING TO SEND YOU AWAY. As I hear that one, na im fear catch me. I tell am say Sir sorry oh, Me no no how the checklist de be oh. Then he brought it out and gave it to me to follow the arrangement. Its the same checklist dolpaz uploaded here on this forum. I arranged my docs accordingly, went back to meet him and viola, I was let inside.
WOW, FIRST BOSS DEFEATED (I was tensed sha and really stressed out, I no fit lie, but managed to keep my composure cos again, i was prepared for anything wey dem wan do and any formation wey dem wan use).

to be continued shortly...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 07, 2015
Hi guys,

Apart from Obiwann's great interview news I have some myself.
Heard from the embassy today, got my visa so I expect to see all of you in Germany.

grin grin

16 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Galads(m): 2:34pm On Jul 07, 2015
Ahbbiey:
Hi guys,

Heard from the embassy today, got my visa so I expect to see all of you in Germany.

grin grin
wow, Congrats, how long did it take for the processing, I mean the visa?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by blessingayokunl: 2:36pm On Jul 07, 2015
Hi guys, thanks so much for all d information so far.I just got admitted into a german school and I am already informed that I need a blocked account before I can get a german visa.My parent are not that rich but they are willing to borrow so that I can travel.My question now is that is their any guarantee that I will get a job once I arrive in germany probably two months after my arrival so that I can send back the funds my parent borrowed during the opening of a blocked account so that I might not neccesarily spend much out of the fund in my blocked account so I can send the money back as soon as possible.I got admitted in University of siegen in North Rhine westaphalia
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 2:51pm On Jul 07, 2015
Ok o, so madame chinese german entered the interview booth and beckoned on me to come. She took my biometrics asked my school, course, name, UG school and course. her system was not responding so it took quite a while. during this waiting time, she kept looking at me and I returned her gaze eyeball to eyeball, azzin I just squeeze face de look am. She later come smile, me I still squeeze my face e, no time o, then said I should go and wait for my interview. She asked if there was any other person for long stay, they told her no, then she calle me to come for my interview.

THE INTERVIEW
She started by saying: Ok, what school are u going to?
Then she asked what course?
then said: YOU DID NOT SUBMIT REFERENCE LETTERS AND MOTIVATION LETTERS DID YOU? I said No
she then said in addition to your CV, what else did u submit: I TOLD HER. (All this implies is that she dey see the thing for her system and if u lie, she go catch u)
then she said WAEC, Did you submit your WAEC, I said yes (I no submit WAEC o; mhen first Bleep up, I immediately knew i had flopped the question, but I no send, just maintained my composure.) She asked for scratch card, I give am, then visa fee, I give am.

Hmmm, ok o...na so she start...
What are your aims of studying this course?
Oboy the question scatter me. Not that I did not have a preplanned response, but because Wetin de my book wey I cram na Why are you going to study this course.
Anyway, man no die man no rotten, I answered her: I intend to study this course after which I would go for a phd in .....(notice how I had muddled the whole thing up?). I quickly added "but before that I am going for this course because.....bla bla bla..come talk one kain rubbish wey make sense give am. I had wanted to tell her some other things which I later remembered after the interview sha, but nothing spoil.
Because I had mentioned PHD to her, and she saw the anxiety in me, she kept hammering on that phD part, come de ask me why the phd course, how many years be the phd course? told her 3 years then she asked 4 semesters? I come say yes (2nd Bleep up, I suppose say 6 ooooh, but anyway that is by the way side). HOPE UNA DEY LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES? THE ANSWER YOU GIVE TO A QUESTION IS WHAT SHE USES TO ASK THE NEXT QUESTION PARTICULARLY WHEN SHE NOTICES THAT YOU FIDGETED WHEN ANSWERING THOSE QUESTIONS.

OK O, she come ask, your course, i want you to tell me about the modules.
then I told her it is 2 year 4 semester 14 compluusory, 16 electives, bla bla bla.....come ask am say: Should I list them out? cool She said yes! Oboy, my chance to impress. Na so I change gear from reverse enter gear 3 straight.... come de park the thing give am. FIrst semester? I listed 5 out of 7 she cut me short with second mesester? i listed 5 again out of like 7/8 then she said 3rd semester? i listed 3 out of 11, mhen, I was ready and firing on all cylinders!.. I mentioned a particular 3rd semester course : Regenerative medicine to her, and she said; regenerative medicine? I hate regenerative medicine. I been wan ask am say: Why do u hate the course? but again my number 6 kicked in and in my mind i was like: oboy, if u ask this woman about this thing now, she fit come dey ask u questions about am ooo, and what do i know about regenerative medicine apart from the fact that I just know very lil about it since i made sure i knew at least a summary of what each of my 30+ modules were going to be about.
to be continued...as I remember more (I no wan miss any details)
Ahbbiey: Congrats o...Oya go pack the ogbolo..lol

6 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 2:53pm On Jul 07, 2015
blessingayokunl:
Hi guys, thanks so much for all d information so far.I just got admitted into a german school and I am already informed that I need a blocked account before I can get a german visa.My parent are not that rich but they are willing to borrow so that I can travel.My question now is that is their any guarantee that I will get a job once I arrive in germany probably two months after my arrival so that I can send back the funds my parent borrowed during the opening of a blocked account so that I might not neccesarily spend much out of the fund in my blocked account so I can send the money back as soon as possible.I got admitted in University of siegen in North Rhine westaphalia

bros, no be u start am, and no be you go end am. BORROW THE MONEY JOR! WORK DEY, E GO SHOCK U...JUST TRY GET AT LEAST A1 GERMAN KNOWLEDGE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 07, 2015
Ahbbiey:
Hi guys,

grin grin

Wow congrat

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 07, 2015
blessingayokunl:

Bro once u get ur student working permit after some weeks no wahala
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 3:42pm On Jul 07, 2015
She come ask wetin I do after i graduate: Told her NYSC; then she asked from when to when, told her
Do you speak German? I say No, but, i dey learn with online bla bla bla and intend attending a language school when I return to my base.
EHEN na so she come say, you want to go to Germany to study? Why? and Why not US? UK? where u can use English moreover as you dont speak German, infact he no ask me the question well, u no say she no sabi speak english well na, na me help am as she de try ask me the question. So I answered, I choose Deutschland cos of three reasons.
1) world class education at par/surpassing these countries, international degree recognition acquired at negligible cost when compared to cost of studies in these countries
2) German education system being dual focused on research (as evidenced by germany being the home of the homboldt model) and practical orientation
3) Germany's strategic location in heart of europe with makes it popular migrant destination and this gives me the oportunity to experience different cultures, meet new persons, learn new languages, etc..
I wanted to add that Eke's bad line: With free tuition, world class education, great and innovative society,....., but I just let it go moreso as she had already acknowledged i was on point by listening keenly to me and nodding her head in approval (WHATEVER U TELL HER SHA, DONT FORGET TO TELL HER ABOUT FREE TUITION <IT MAKES THEM HAPPY, SAW THE SMILE ON HER FACE WHEN I SAID THAT> No go tell am that u de go study because german economy is strong oh, u go just shoot urself for leg. Na school u de go. No be work)

Then she said, tell me about your school's city. kai Omo mhen, na so I enter gear 5: park things give am. I talk so tay she no gree type again. Na from there she start to smile gimme o, me just de feel like badoo..
she asked me some questions sha; Population? Location? etc about the city and I de give am answer as she de drop am.

Then with a smile she asked me to tell her about germany. Then I said I know quite a lot, I talk talk talk I no fit type all the tory jor. She type small come de listen de smile, then she asked me about the president, chancellor. I blow all the answer give am I de expect german foreign minister and budenstag presido question sef cool and i for blow am like say she ask lol). She come ask number of states and countries bodering Germany, I tell am then she say list the states. Oboy, na so I smile with joy come de list am give am alphabetically grin. I dey Mecklenburg Vorpommen when she cut in with a rather smile of defeat say : YOU KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT GERMANY, WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR ANSWERS AND FACTS FROM, THE INTERNET? WHERE? Na so I burst laff...(for my mind I talk say wait o, this woman want make I tell am about nairaland?) i JUST reply am say I love the country so much so I had to do lots of research on it. She been wan ask me to list the countries wey border germany but by now she don already know say I go still pack all give am, so she just jump that part.

With straight face she ask ok, who are sponsoring u? told her my parents. asked wetin my papa de do? i tell am. ask hope i know him income, i say no, come tell am that line wey I thief from this NL grin. she ask what my mama does, I tell am say my moma runs a school na she look me come say ALL OF YOU COMING FOR STUDENT VISAS JUST KEEP SAYING YOUR MOTHER OWNS A SCHOOL, YOU KNOW WE CAN FIND OUT IF THIS IS NOT TRUE AND YOU KNOW THE CONSEQUENCES OF THAT( Those wey wan use this lie, you are on your own o lol). i told her yes ma'am I understand the consequences with a smile on my face. then she asked my combined parents income. told her 1.5m she asked annually or monthly ? i said well i really cant say because i dont want to give any contradictory statement or information and that moreover my father's income fluctuated as he is self employed. (I f up small sha..I had already prepared a good line to use in this scenario, but I no remember am at that point. SHE LATER SAID WITH A STRAIGHT FACE THAT YOU KNOW YOU NEED TO BACK WHATEVER INFORMATION YOU GIVE TO US WITH SUPPORTING STATEMENTS AND FACTS RIGHT? I didnt answer

omoh, na so e be o..we just continued our chit chat. then she asked the final question: OK, SO WHAT NEXT AFTER STUDIES? YOU WANNA WORK IN GERMANY? ENJOY LIFE? POSSIBLY MARRY A GERMAN? (omoh she just dey smile as she de ask me and oboy that her smile o di kwa sexy) I almost fell for this trap as I said. Honestly,......( I been wan tell am say I would jump at the opportunity to work in Germany as it will give me the ability to repay the germans who through their taxes gave me free world class education)...but again that lil number 6 kicked in and i quickly reasoned that bros, if u tell this woman this thing now, u fit go spoil ur parolz oh..moreover the interview don de very very hitch free up to this point.) Na so I swap sharp sharp tell am say like I had earlier mentioned i was going to go for a phd in so so and so (I mean am sha, although the phd wey me tell am no be wetin i wan do o, its just that it is easier to explain than what i want) then come back to develop nigeria (iffahere say I come back? i cary this my too left leg comot this country na to come back come do wetin? <oh come marry wife maybe grin>wink. she asked develop nigeria? how do u intend to do that? Again I blow am give am, na she come de call me Sir, Sir (wow, see this woman wey been wan make me piss for body de call me sir? kai! I don press her mumu button b that I praised myself).
Then she said: OK, go and sit and wait for your passport.
Na so I go sidon come collect the passport o, come move komot with joy and gladness o....

KEY POINTS TO NOTE:
SHE NO ASK ME MANY QUESTIONS: LIFE IN GERMANY, ABOUT MY SCHOOL, WHY MY UG COURSE, ETC ETC, ALTHOUGH I GET READY MADE ANSWERS TO THEM. LIKE I SAID EARLIER THE QUESTIONS DIFFER AND YOUR NEXT QUESTION IS A FOLLOW UP FROM YOUR PREVIOUS ANSWER

THE MAIN THING SHE LOOKS OUT FOR ARE
THE FACT U CAN LIST YOUR COURSES (SOME, no fear)
YOUR SPONSOR
YOUR PLAN AFTER SCHOOL
Give her excellent answers to these and u go de ontop cloud 9 like me right now (cloud 9 and half sha, cos my source of Ogbolo soup don get visa and me need to go find money fund that B acc)

I was the first to be interviewed and it lasted about 35mins. Maybe it helped, but I dunno.
There were two dudes after me to be interviewed. One go talk say him Msc na 7semester the guy just de shake anyhow like say him get pakinson (abeg if the guy na NLer no vex o..na joke, b4 u use boys take find me lol). I felt for him sha maybe him neva meet the woman before. He was also given a test and according to the dude after him that saw the chinkogermo woman comparing his answers to the already solved answers, he flopped wella. I no no the question wey dem ask am o, so no ask me. He just told me simplification and others and it was a 10 minute test 5 questions with children and grand children grin.
there was also two dudes interviewed after me. One just de sweat lol...when him long interview finish, na so the guy meet me come de talk say imagine o, the woman de ask am about state of germany, say him no even know naija state finish sef the woman just de ask am any how question. na so we burst laff..lol
the third dude's docs was just collected and his interview started but not completed cos the woman was interrupted according to him. him say the woman just ask am make he go sidon lol... me no no if na so the thing take end o cos them say make i come collect my passport with some dude who was rejected for language visa.

ALL IN ALL I THANK GOD FOR JOURNEY mercies sha...and Nairaland and eke and others...Amin you cannot flop if you de this thread. JUST read the thread and prepare.
Omoh, I don try oh..as embassy don mail me same yesterday say dem need confirmation of my funding. Make I go find money borrow to fund that acc ASAP oooo, I need to chop hot ogbolo soup for Germany this WINTER.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 07, 2015
Galads:
wow, Congrats, how long did it take for the processing, I mean the visa?

Thanks, 2 weeks & 4 days

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 4:47pm On Jul 07, 2015
Obiwannn:
Ok o, so madame chinese german entered the interview booth and beckoned on me to come. She took my biometrics asked my school, course, name, UG school and course. her system was not responding so it took quite a while. during this waiting time, she kept looking at me and I returned her gaze eyeball to eyeball, azzin I just squeeze face de look am. She later come smile, me I still squeeze my face e, no time o, then said I should go and wait for my interview. She asked if there was any other person for long stay, they told her no, then she calle me to come for my interview.

THE INTERVIEW
She started by saying: Ok, what school are u going to?
Then she asked what course?
then said: YOU DID NOT SUBMIT REFERENCE LETTERS AND MOTIVATION LETTERS DID YOU? I said No
she then said in addition to your CV, what else did u submit: I TOLD HER. (All this implies is that she dey see the thing for her system and if u lie, she go catch u)
then she said WAEC, Did you submit your WAEC, I said yes (I no submit WAEC o; mhen first Bleep up, I immediately knew i had flopped the question, but I no send, just maintained my composure.) She asked for scratch card, I give am, then visa fee, I give am.

Hmmm, ok o...na so she start...
What are your aims of studying this course?
Oboy the question scatter me. Not that I did not have a preplanned response, but because Wetin de my book wey I cram na Why are you going to study this course.
Anyway, man no die man no rotten, I answered her: I intend to study this course after which I would go for a phd in .....(notice how I had muddled the whole thing up?). I quickly added "but before that I am going for this course because.....bla bla bla..come talk one kain rubbish wey make sense give am. I had wanted to tell her some other things which I later remembered after the interview sha, but nothing spoil.
Because I had mentioned PHD to her, and she saw the anxiety in me, she kept hammering on that phD part, come de ask me why the phd course, how many years be the phd course? told her 3 years then she asked 4 semesters? I come say yes (2nd Bleep up, I suppose say 6 ooooh, but anyway that is by the way side). HOPE UNA DEY LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES? THE ANSWER YOU GIVE TO A QUESTION IS WHAT SHE USES TO ASK THE NEXT QUESTION PARTICULARLY WHEN SHE NOTICES THAT YOU FIDGETED WHEN ANSWERING THOSE QUESTIONS.

OK O, she come ask, your course, i want you to tell me about the modules.
then I told her it is 2 year 4 semester 14 compluusory, 16 electives, bla bla bla.....come ask am say: Should I list them out? cool She said yes! Oboy, my chance to impress. Na so I change gear from reverse enter gear 3 straight.... come de park the thing give am. FIrst semester? I listed 5 out of 7 she cut me short with second mesester? i listed 5 again out of like 7/8 then she said 3rd semester? i listed 3 out of 11, mhen, I was ready and firing on all cylinders!.. I mentioned a particular 3rd semester course : Regenerative medicine to her, and she said; regenerative medicine? I hate regenerative medicine. I been wan ask am say: Why do u hate the course? but again my number 6 kicked in and in my mind i was like: oboy, if u ask this woman about this thing now, she fit come dey ask u questions about am ooo, and what do i know about regenerative medicine apart from the fact that I just know very lil about it since i made sure i knew at least a summary of what each of my 30+ modules were going to be about.
to be continued...as I remember more (I no wan miss any details)
Ahbbiey: Congrats o...Oya go pack the ogbolo..lol

Please those documents that she was asking if u submitted, is it d ones u submitted wen u were seeking admission or the ones u submitted for visa application?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 4:58pm On Jul 07, 2015
uchezdedon:

Please those documents that she was asking if u submitted, is it d ones u submitted wen u were seeking admission or the ones u submitted for visa application?

admission
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 5:14pm On Jul 07, 2015
Ahbbiey:
Hi guys,

grin grin
Congrats, i tap into ur testimony o
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aibee01(m): 5:37pm On Jul 07, 2015
@obiwann .....congratulations in advance, its count down to your visa collection date by His grace.......

"ALL IN ALL I THANK GOD FOR JOURNEY mercies sha...and Nairaland
and eke and others...Amin you cannot flop if you de this thread. JUST
read the thread and prepare".....:::::: this statement is definitely true as i have been meeting people going for student visa interview and dont even have insight about the question to be asked(they aren't part of this wonderful family)....i have turned my 16 modules plus the 16 federal states to rhyme, i recite them early in the morning and late in the night on my bed before sleeping.....

All thanks to God using you guys over here for many souls.......

EKE N FELLOW OGA'S WE MUST ORGANISE A PROGRESSIVE FORUM WHEN WE GET TO GERMO.........(Am very positive for every member here).........my own interview is coming up on the 27th #Teamkiel

Congratulations Ahbbiey.........Go and succeed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 6:53pm On Jul 07, 2015
Ahbbiey:
Hi guys,

grin grin

Congrats dear. Wish u d best overthere.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 6:59pm On Jul 07, 2015
aibee01:
@obiwann .....congratulations in advance, its count down to your visa collection date by His grace.......

"ALL IN ALL I THANK GOD FOR JOURNEY mercies sha...and Nairaland
and eke and others...Amin you cannot flop if you de this thread. JUST
read the thread and prepare".....:::::: this statement is definitely true as i have been meeting people going for student visa interview and dont even have insight about the question to be asked(they aren't part of this wonderful family)....i have turned my 16 modules plus the 16 federal states to rhyme, i recite them early in the morning and late in the night on my bed before sleeping.....

All thanks to God using you guys over here for many souls.......

EKE N FELLOW OGA'S WE MUST ORGANISE A PROGRESSIVE FORUM WHEN WE GET TO GERMO.........(Am very positive for every member here).........my own interview is coming up on the 27th #Teamkiel

Congratulations Ahbbiey.........Go and succeed.

Pls wen did u book for appointment?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by treyfly(m): 7:10pm On Jul 07, 2015
please help me...Am about to apply to study in germany...what university do i meet much Nigerians. please help me...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aibee01(m): 7:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
@uchezdedon
i booked last tuesday 30/06/15..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 8:19pm On Jul 07, 2015
aibee01:
@uchezdedon
i booked last tuesday 30/07/15..

Its june not july
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by tariy: 8:36pm On Jul 07, 2015
dolpaz:

Hey,

Its dolpaz nicht dolapz

und tja, ich lerne deutsche sprache bei Gothe institute.. A2 klasse

und du?
Dolapz plz your contact oooooo
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by tariy: 8:44pm On Jul 07, 2015
amahtrendy:
Ok thanks. They stated it over expressly sef. I just hope this my online learning can give me what I need to make A1
@Amahtrendy please are you using for your A1 study......

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.