Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,310 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (997100 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 5:03am On Jul 04, 2015
Which one is $300? Go to British Council at Ikoyi. IELTS is 38K naira with bank draft or 35K naira online. You can actually do it yourself you don't need to pay any agent to it for you unlike TOEFL where u'll need an agent.

isidollarboy:
This is great! I must say the truth. This is the first time to get such a wonderful Tips on Nairaland from you and dolpaz. you guys made my day. as TOEFL/ IELT, I made some confirmations today and was told I will spend the sum of $300 for the exam and registration.
Once again thank you very much. I will always update the house with my progress

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dcitizen: 5:47am On Jul 04, 2015
@galad,
your hnd transcript and statement of result are okay.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dcitizen: 5:51am On Jul 04, 2015
Those who have gone for visa interview should give the house the insight of the written exam be it math, physics and biology. Also, pls, provide the house with the checklists of the required document (compulsory and optional ones) for bsc and msc with phd programmes
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:05am On Jul 04, 2015
uchezdedon:

Hello dear, plz do u know the type of maths questions that was given to the B.sc lady?

I will contact her before 12 noon in addition house please don't forget to print out the questionnaire n fill the application letter in CAPITAL letter try to differentiate btw ''o'' n ''0''

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by obs3rver: 6:33am On Jul 04, 2015
@Obiwannn it was 227 naira for one Euro. The rate they would use depends on the opening rate of the Euro for that day, but it also largely depends on the rate at which they are able to bid for the Euro (at CBN, I think).

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by krone101: 7:09am On Jul 04, 2015
tariy:
Hello house please am new here and will like to meet Goethe student.......

Xup I'm a Goethe student
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nevilbot: 7:34am On Jul 04, 2015
tariy:
Hello house please am new here and will like to meet Goethe student.......

This ur term "Goethe student" is bogus. Do u mean students of Goethe university Frankfurt or language course students of Goethe institute, Lagos?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by femo86(m): 7:53am On Jul 04, 2015
victz:
Which one is $300? Go to British Council at Ikoyi. IELTS is 38K naira with bank draft or 35K naira online. You can actually do it yourself you don't need to pay any agent to it for you unlike TOEFL where u'll need an agent.

True talk... It's now 40k naira online.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Galads(m): 8:23am On Jul 04, 2015
dcitizen:
@galad,

your hnd transcript and statement of result are okay.
thanks, you just rebuild my confidence #teamwinter
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Justcul(m): 8:54am On Jul 04, 2015
@Scofield, saw your pm, unfortunately i dont respond to pm's anymore..

You can drop ur questions here

#Teambremen cool cool kiss smiley
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scofield03: 9:48am On Jul 04, 2015
Justcul:
@Scofield, saw your pm, unfortunately i dont respond to pm's anymore..

You can drop ur questions here

#Teambremen cool cool kiss smiley

Good to hear from you bro, I really wish we could rap one on one as you know more about Bremen.. I hope i get your contact few days to my departure (By Gods Grace), my interview is next week and I have my db account details but my account was opened close to Freiberg where i got accepted first. My questions are:

1) can i proceed with Visa application with this Freiberg admission knowing well that Bremen is my intension?
2) After been issued visa, (with freiberg) will i fly straight to Bremen or Freiberg first?
3) How easy can i get accomodation in Uni Bremen via studentwerk or any other means?
4) My Visa application form was filled on PC (I was able to edit the pdf file) with mixture of Upper class and lower class letter (e.g German Embassy), I hope it will not be a problem at the embassy entrance?
Thanks in advance... Please any other person can give his/her view
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 9:57am On Jul 04, 2015
Hello everyone..

Should I fill the visa application form (residence form) with a PC or I should I write it with a pen using capital letters?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 11:23am On Jul 04, 2015
twinkle1:
Hello everyone..

Should I fill the visa application form (residence form) with a PC or I should I write it with a pen using capital letters?
You can choose whichever one is convenient for you. I filled with a pen and some other filled on PC with no consequence whatsoever but make sure you write in block letters and write clearly.

As regards the man at the gate, you won't have problems with him at all if you do these:

**Listen to his instructions CAREFULLY
**Be punctual
**organise your documents and dress modestly or gentlemanly. (He falls for that)
**If he points out you did anything wrong, don't argue with him at all, admit he is right first and apologize even though you are wrong before giving your reasons.

Note, whatsoever you do, the whole thing starts at the gate..

When you are in, don't start organising your docs there, arrange it well before hand. These guys are damn organised and orderly and they expect nothing less, especially when you claim your aim is to study.

For instance, when you are going for your interview, get three files
*****Your originals
*****(application form + photocopies) 1st set
*****(Application form + photocopies) 2nd set
Use the checklist of documents and arrange EXACTLY as listed with the EXEMPTION of your ADMISSION LETTERS which should come first.
Have your complete amount by the side, don't start searching bags and pockets at the very point of request, all these signs of unreadiness pisses them off. And note, the same person is likely to interview you.
First impression matters. Your interview starts from the submission of documents and gives you a psychological edge when the real thing starts. They will usually be at ease with you when you have given them a good reason to.

You may feel it doesn't matter but believe me, it cost many.

My two cowries!

P.S. By application form, I mean application form (4 pages) and questionnaire (2 pages) stapled together.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Justcul(m): 11:27am On Jul 04, 2015
scofield03:

Good to hear from you bro, I really wish we could rap one on one as you know more about Bremen.. I hope i get your contact few days to my departure (By Gods Grace), my interview is next week and I have my db account details but my account was opened close to Freiberg where i got accepted first. My questions are:

1) can i proceed with Visa application with this Freiberg admission knowing well that Bremen is my intension?
2) After been issued visa, (with freiberg) will i fly straight to Bremen or Freiberg first?
3) How easy can i get accomodation in Uni Bremen via studentwerk or any other means?
4) My Visa application form was filled on PC (I was able to edit the pdf file) with mixture of Upper class and lower class letter (e.g German Embassy), I hope it will not be a problem at the embassy entrance?
Thanks in advance... Please any other person can give his/her view

Simply let the embassy know your school of interest and reasons.. It doesnt matter admission letter you used in opening an account.. Just let the embassy know your school and city of interest with reasons...But, others can give their opinions as well....

As for the other questions, i shall get back to you.

As always, its my 2 euros

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 1:17pm On Jul 04, 2015
kennyoguns0509:

I will contact her before 12 noon in addition house please don't forget to print out the questionnaire n fill the application letter in CAPITAL letter try to differentiate btw ''o'' n ''0''

Ok, still waiting for ur response @ kenny
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by femo86(m): 2:34pm On Jul 04, 2015
Eke40seven:

You can choose whichever one is convenient for you. I filled with a pen and some other filled on PC with no consequence whatsoever but make sure you write in block letters and write clearly.

As regards the man at the gate, you won't have problems with him at all if you do these:

**Be punctual
**organise your documents and dress modestly or gentlemanly. (He falls for that)
**If he points out you did anything wrong, don't argue with him at all, admit he is right first and apologize even though you are wrong before giving your reasons.

Note, for whatever you do, the whole thing starts at the gate..

When you are in, don't start organising your docs there, arrange it well before hand. These guys are damn organise and orderly and they expect nothing less, especially when you claim your aim is to study.

*****Your originals
Use the checklist of documents and arrange EXACTLY as listed with the EXEMPTION of your ADMISSION LETTERS which should come first.
Have your complete amount by the side, don't start searching bags and pockets at the very point of request, all these signs of unreadiness pisses them off. And note, the same person is likely to interview you.
First impression matters. Your interview starts from the submission of documents and gives you a psychological edge when the real thing starts. They will usually be at ease with you when you have given them a good reason to.

My two cowries!

P.S. By application form, I mean application form (4 pages) and questionnaire (2 pages) stapled together.

God bless u Eke......I wanted to ask about the arrangement in the morning but skipped my mind..Thanks bro. What about when going for certification?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 04, 2015
uchezdedon:

Ok, still waiting for ur response @ kenny

I tried all my best to persuade her but still the same answer she feel reluctant to explain or don't know how to explain either of the two finally she said d maths is arithmetic division multiplication......::: though she said d questions re cheap
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by XpensiveT(m): 5:55pm On Jul 04, 2015
kennyoguns0509:

I tried all my best to persuade her but still the same answer she feel reluctant to explain or don't know how to explain either of the two finally she said d maths is arithmetic division multiplication......::: though she said d questions re cheap

@Kennyoguns0509.. Boss, am still patiently waiting to read abt all what u were asked during ur interview. Please i hope u can post it soon.

Danke schön.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 8:02pm On Jul 04, 2015
kennyoguns0509:

Do u know if d questions are objective?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by femo86(m): 8:13pm On Jul 04, 2015
uchezdedon:

Do u know if d questions are objective?

Bros, u too dey fear ooo, do u expect further mathematics ni? I believe it should be bodmas and normal secondary school maths. Just go carry one maths textbook,shikena. God be with U

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by obs3rver: 2:50am On Jul 05, 2015
Please I've checked previous pages, but they all seem not to agree on an answer to this first question.
1) Who knows which birth certificate we are meant to use, the checklist says "birth certificate from NPC or declaration of age" but mine is that birth certificate on a small paper (not up to A4 size) issued by the local government in the state of birth before they started the NPC thing. Would this suffice? or does one still need to swear an affidavit/do a declaration of age. Biko those who have had their interview, which did you use?
Also,
2) Under section 9 in the application form, the "I intend to stay no longer than twelve months in the Federal territory and apply for a visa that covers the whole duration of my stay" field, we are not meant to tick this, right?
Lastly,
3) Also in the application form, what should be filled into the "Trade or profession for which you trained, and if different, your current trade or profession" field?

All those who have had their interviews and all who have knowledge about this, please advise. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kuthvic: 7:59am On Jul 05, 2015
obs3rver:
Please I've checked previous pages, but they all seem not to agree on an answer to this first question.
1) Who knows which birth certificate we are meant to use, the checklist says "birth certificate from NPC or declaration of age" but mine is that birth certificate on a small paper (not up to A4 size) issued by the local government in the state of birth before they started the NPC thing. Would this suffice? or does one still need to swear an affidavit/do a declaration of age. Biko those who have had their interview, which did you use?
Also,
2) Under section 9 in the application form, the "I intend to stay no longer than twelve months in the Federal territory and apply for a visa that covers the whole duration of my stay" field, we are not meant to tick this, right?
Lastly,
3) Also in the application form, what should be filled into the "Trade or profession for which you trained, and if different, your current trade or profession" field?

All those who have had their interviews and all who have knowledge about this, please advise. Thank you.

1 ) If u have the local government birth registration, Go and swear affidavit then take the affidavit to National Population commission then they will give u a certificate which states " attestation of birth" it then says you were born b4 NPC birth registration stated. BUT if that stress is 2 much just have your elder family member swear affidavit for u.

2) Leave it blank. unless yours study is less than 12 months

3) I will get back 2 u with the answer 4 that or let our Ogas @ the TOP answer that .

NOTE: If u are a science student ensure u brush up your maths.u may be given a small test depends on who interviews u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by LordSlytherin: 8:17am On Jul 05, 2015
kciano:
Good day All......pls who is in university of magdeburg or who knows a nigerian who is already dia or who is going dia this winter ....pls i need an important information from the person like asap.....
Thanks in anticipation....

I do
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 10:01am On Jul 05, 2015
kuthvic:

1 ) If u have the local government birth registration, Go and swear affidavit then take the affidavit to National Population commission then they will give u a certificate which states " attestation of birth" it then says you were born b4 NPC birth registration stated. BUT if that stress is 2 much just have your elder family member swear affidavit for u.

2) Leave it blank. unless yours study is less than 12 months

3) I will get back 2 u with the answer 4 that or let our Ogas @ the TOP answer that .

NOTE: If u are a science student ensure u brush up your maths.u may be given a small test depends on who interviews u

He doesn't need to send the affidavit to NPC again. He should just make sure the affidavit is theoretically, bestowed by the head of the family and that would be enough. So the affidavit should be prepared as if its your father or mother that swore it on his behalf then the case is settled. 500-1000 will sort it out in less than 30 minutes at the high court.

The trade or profession is straight forward. Simply, what did you study in school? For instance, If you studied Journalism, just write "journalism" but if it happens you are currently in "Real Estate" You can put that, but its advisable it reflects the course you are currently going for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogompaul(m): 10:01am On Jul 05, 2015
Eke40seven:

**Be punctual

Note, whatsoever you do, the whole thing starts at the gate..

When you are in, don't start organising your docs there, arrange it well before hand. These guys are damn organised and orderly and they expect nothing less, especially when you claim your aim is to study.

*****Your originals

My two cowries!

long awaited post. Thanks Eke. Please could u list d order of arrangement? Admission letter followed by visa application form > degree cert > waec > fslc > birth certificate > international passport photocopy > etc. It will go a long way to ease tension nd give more courage. I appreciate everyone, God bless our hustles nd crown all our efforts, Amen. One Love!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kciano: 10:05am On Jul 05, 2015
LordSlytherin:

I do

Thanksss.i sent u a pm..pls respond.
Thanks bro
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Galads(m): 11:57am On Jul 05, 2015
I was just going through uni- assist and here is what I found I quote, "Applicants may apply for a student visa via the German consular representation in their home country once uni-assist has informed them that their application has been forwarded to the university. This does not, however, legally entitle the applicant to a visa; a German university has to accept a student first before a visa can be issued".
Has anybody done this before, how did you go about it?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 2:37pm On Jul 05, 2015
Galads:
I was just going through uni- assist and here is what I found I quote, "Applicants may apply for a student visa via the German consular representation in their home country once uni-assist has informed them that their application has been forwarded to the university. This does not, however, legally entitle the applicant to a visa; a German university has to accept a student first before a visa can be issued".
Has anybody done this before, how did you go about it?
This issue has already been extensively discussed na...
try check previous pages prolly around pg. 70 upwards
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kelvinpam(m): 5:16pm On Jul 05, 2015
Hello galads ...I'll need ya email to contact u.

Still waiting on ruhr university bochum
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 05, 2015
INTERVIEW.......................................................................................................................................

V/O: School name

Ans;........

V/O:Course:

Master of Art in Entrepreneurship

V/O:Your ist degree:

Political Science the science of the society

V/O: What is the relationship between your first degree and ur planned M.Sc degree

however political science does not cover much about management and business but tend to be scientific research and deals with administration. I figure studying political science make it possible for me to step closer to my dream because during my undergraduate days i did a course called management theory and games. this course enlighten me aot about entrepreneurship. in this course i worked setting up company goals, studying markets and competiitors, predicting markets and market strategic decision

V/O: Good, why do you want to study in germany why not ur country nigeria or usa canada

schools in Germany are affordable compare to other western countries like the united states of America canada australia etc. More than 35 of german uniiversities are in the top 500 schools in the world including (...............d school i applied to i mention the name ) their policies are attractive and conducive environment for international student like me which goes to show warmth and welcoming disposition towards people coming from other countries

V/O: how av u been preparing for your stay in Germany

i have made online searches for accomodation through a website www.gw.gesucht.de i e-mail about 3 landlords about accomodation. i have also made online research about the german culture society and weather so i could prepare for what to meet and what to expect when i get there

V/O:what do you know about Germany

the official name federal republic of germany(in german Dundesruplik Deutschland). germany is a cosmopolitan democratic country located in central europe with a land area of about 357000 sqkm bordered by 9 countres namely denmark the netherland belgium luxemburg france switzerland austria czech republic and poland its capital and largest city is berlin with about 3.4 million inhabitant

Germany is the most populous member states in the european union. the european union comprises of 28 member state namely spain the united kingdom italy france finland greece estonia latvia................etc. Germany is a member of the United Nation(UN), North Atlantic Treaty Organisation(NATO), The G8(Group of cool G20(Group of 20),and OECD( organisation for economic co-operation development)

V/O: Ok, who is the constitutional head of Germany and the president

The constitutional head is the chancellor Angela Merkel while the ceremonial president is Joachim Gauck

V/O: name ur corse structure

....................................................................................................................................

V/O: When did u graduate

October 2013

V/O:what av u been doing since then

in 2013 i went for d 1 year compulsory NYSC i finished in 2014 march 4

V/0: What av u been doing since 2014 till date and where did you work in during your NYSC year

hmmmm i pulse for some minute i need confirm format wey strong oya ..... immediately after i finished my NYSC i talked to my dad abt my Msc programme he agreed with me but on condition that i must work with him so i can understand and know more about managerial skills and administration so i worked in his company for about 9 months as assistant manager

V/O: OK wait, your father owns a company name and what his your father doing

hmmmmmmmm survor and estate management (....... survoy n real estate management)

V/O: his income

about 1 million

V/O: i need actual amount

Ma, my dad wont/ will never disclose that but i remember when he travelled to Canada we realise abt 1million naira monthly. he has his own estate in ........ and also lekki

V/O: ok, do you understand German language

AH i shocked small though i don get A1 in german language but make i no Bleep up i told her am currently learning the German language

V/O: Where

University of Ibadan department of European Study

V/O why entrepreneurship

during my secondary school days a question brought up to me what do you want to be when you grown up the answer is a successful businessman. I am an energetic person with extensive interests, especially engaging in student association activities. In 2008, i launched a movie community in our university as a co-founder. i have been through plenty of difficulties and challenges that we were not provided with initial funds and witout any external support. To address all these difficulties we worked together positively by recruiting new members finding sponsors and organizing events. We finally get everything ruunning and well organized

As of now, the movie community is found to be one of the top-rated places over the entire campus

V/O: ok,you have busniess idea, what do you plan on doing after your study will you come back to Nigeria

(i look the woman eye i smile... for my mind ok oo) i hope to help both small and medium size enterprises by starting my own entrepreneurial management consulting business in nigeria. the company will both local and international customers by providing consistently updated and adapted solution ranging from organisational design to venture capital

in order to accomplish this, it is a must for me to deepen my knowledge from the entrepreneur point of view. the entrepreneurship programme in .......(applied school) will definitely be the perfect bridge from where i am to where i want to be

V/O: how did you find the school

german academic exchange service

V/O: daad

yes

V/O How many semesters/years

4 semesters/ 2 yrs

What document did you submit to d skool b4 they granted you admission

What do you know about the city

Berlin is the capital of Germany and one of the 16 states in Germany with a population of about 3.4m inhabitants berlin is the largest city in germany and the 7th most populous urban area in the european union located in north eastern Germany

Berlin is a world city of culture politics media and science its economy is based on high tech firms and the service sector, encompassing a diverse range of creative industries, research facilities, media corporation and convention venues. the city is well known for its festivals, diverse architecture nightlife contemporary life and a high quality of living. over d last decade berlin has seen the emergence of a cosmopolitan entrepreneurial scene

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Galads(m): 5:24pm On Jul 05, 2015
Kelvinpam:
Hello galads ...I'll need ya email to contact u.

Still waiting on ruhr university bochum
you can send a PM
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Galads(m): 6:04pm On Jul 05, 2015
Obiwannn:

This issue has already been extensively discussed na...
try check previous pages prolly around pg. 70 upwards
it is page 86 to be precise, I saw it and have read it but not extensively discussed. I am using a sponsorship letter and for me the next step is booking an appointment. I want to know if anybody has gone that far with the said later from uni-assist?

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.