Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,572 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (997470 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by amahtrendy(f): 8:02pm On Jul 06, 2015
Ok wow. Thanks a lot. I'll do these. I really appreciate.
twinkle1:

Amahtrendy to be VERY HONEST with you.. Try to be at the lagos German Embassy THIS WEEK!!!! Max Wednesday. (July 8th max ds week)
Your enrolment deadline is on the 9th of October.. That date is very important. As important as the Whole Germany parole sef.. Open your blocked account and book for student visa appointment immediately (that very day) .
In fact I really really cannot say if July booking is even available at all.
Cs some people got bookings on July 30.. That's why I don't know if there's much space for July. Then again bookings are very unpredictable, you can even get July sef,Fact!

**I know someone who booked on the 10th of June, he was given June 24 just 2 weeks after. Some people even booked since may they threw their bookings to July.. 2 months after.. So u see**

Act this week ma'am. Congrats on your admission once again.. You are good to go

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 9:03pm On Jul 06, 2015
amahtrendy:
Ok wow. Thanks a lot. I'll do these. I really appreciate.

hi amahtrendy.. i just scanned through your posts..your schools requires german proficiency A1 right? to be very honest the embassy will ASK FOR IT on your interview day!..its even stated in the requirement checklist on the german embassy website..you need to sort out the A1 certificate thingy.
before you book. the only way you can escape A1 is if you have another admission offer that is entirely thought in english and the admission letter STATES THAT german knowledge is not a requirement.
i dont know if goethe institute have exams scheduled for july or august or if you have started preparing for the A1 exams..pls do a research on this..if possible i think you can go on with your booking..

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by obs3rver: 9:06pm On Jul 06, 2015
Eke40seven:
Well, you know that feeling you get when someone said you ain't good enough for them and immediately you get someone quite better licking your feet just to embrace them.
Yes, that's just how I feel right now, I applied to similar course in Freiburg and TUM, Freiburg rejected outrightly, but TUM jus sent a letter that looks like a coated academic 'toasting' for me to accept their programme. The main thrill is, School for School TUM is better, Programme for programme, TUM is ranked about 52 in the whole world and Freiburg, 73 for same programme and the final icing on the cake, one will choose Munich over Freiburg any day. I have the option I have long sought after.
I didn't plan for this programme though, my docs got there way after deadline. I wrote their essay and motivation letter which I was given marks for, plus the grade on my transcript and was given admission without the normal interview which means the score was over 70.
I have always wanted an option and this is a good one.
Please, endeavour to always write a good motivation letter, it has its own effect and don't give up even when the letters haven't arrived yet, it could just be closer to you than you think as far as you have done your homework.
By the way, who here is heading down south to Munich?

Niceee Congratulations oga boss.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Galads(m): 9:20pm On Jul 06, 2015
krizhk:
I received this message from uni-assist and thought it would be wise to share it here.

Notice for those, who still wish to send paper copies of documents to uni-assist:

Due to the ongoing postal strike by the German Post, we strongly recommend sending your documents either as an "Express Brief" (this express service is not affected by the postal strike) or using another service provider that isn't affiliated with the German Post AG.
Please inform yourself regarding the strike and other available services at the post office of your home country.
We are advising applicants located in Berlin or the nearby surrounding area, as the case may be, to personally bring by their documents and drop them off at the uni-assist letterboxes, located at Reichartstraße 2, 10829 Berlin

I was about to inform the house about this. My documents got to Germany this morning delivered to a friend and when she went to send the different documents to the different schools I applied for, she was told regular post will take 10days instead of the usual 2 days minimum. She had to send it through express but it cost more, I think 24euro instead of the usual 1.5euro for normal delivery. Will advice anybody going to send docs during this period to make sure he/she confirms very well from customer care about the time it will take to get to Germany and the time it will take to get to the school. Or preferably ask for express delivery from naija here but might be a bit more expensive.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 9:29pm On Jul 06, 2015
Futurewiser:
I GOT a job in Munich and i don't live in Munich and will be coming there for holiday job in BMW. Please any one in munich willing to share his accommodation while we pay it together.

Yes my frd also got a job in munich. Let me relate with him so that u guys can share accommodation.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 3434tunde(m): 9:46pm On Jul 06, 2015
i tire for Brandenburg university of technology oo,though i got admission for masters last year and deffered till this year.after sending al the docs they told me to send this year since april,i hav not gotten any admission letter and people have been getting same admission since.i called tire they said they will take my file to the responsible person.up till today nothing ooo. God dey sha
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by amahtrendy(f): 9:50pm On Jul 06, 2015
Ok. U're right. This is exactly why I've been delaying. Hoping I get admitted to TUM, but I just received invite for skype interview on 28th July. And dat might cause more delay if I wait more. So I begin process with dis. I hope I can swap even if I have visa interview and dey won't mind.
I don't reside in lag so I just started online german language.
twinkle1:

hi amahtrendy.. i just scanned through your posts..your schools requires german proficiency A1 right? to be very honest the embassy will ASK FOR IT on your interview day!..its even stated in the requirement checklist on the german embassy website..you need to sort out the A1 certificate thingy.
before you book. the only way you can escape A1 is if you have another admission offer that is entirely thought in english and the admission letter STATES THAT german knowledge is not a requirement.
i dont know if goethe institute have exams scheduled for july or august or if you have started preparing for the A1 exams..pls do a research on this..if possible i think you can go on with your booking..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Emmyundascore: 10:04pm On Jul 06, 2015
Hello,
Please i want to know What is realy wrong with ministry of foriegn affair?
somebody should kindly come to my aid, i was told that they have been facing power failure for the past two weeks.
Please i want to know if its true.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by amahtrendy(f): 10:11pm On Jul 06, 2015
Pls who knows the full direction to this 15 Walter carrington crescent VI in lag. Its my first time. Help pls
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 10:11pm On Jul 06, 2015
amahtrendy:
Ok. U're right. This is exactly why I've been delaying. Hoping I get admitted to TUM, but I just received invite for skype interview on 28th July. And dat might cause more delay if I wait more. So I begin process with dis. I hope I can swap even if I have visa interview and dey won't mind.

you are on point

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 10:19pm On Jul 06, 2015
amahtrendy:
You don't have to wait for another admission to book. Do that immediately if you have your letter. Except if it is stated in your admission letter expressly, the embassy will never know about the German proficiency requirements and even if they ask, tell them you are going to register for a one month intensive programme that will lead up to A1 at Goethe before you start the programme, you may as well even apply for the aforementioned programme as an alibi.
My 2 cowries!
All my hailing bosses, I throw way salutes to all your hailing.....I see you....thanks!

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 10:26pm On Jul 06, 2015
amahtrendy:
Pls who knows the full direction to this 15 Walter carrington crescent VI in lag. Its my first time. Help pls
If you are on a public bus, depending on where you are heading from, the bus stop is called "Checkpoint". You will find a big car park where people are trooping into, take that direction. It's just on same street with the US embassy.
If you are coming from Obalende or CMS, take a bus going to Eko Hotel VI and stop at the bus stop I mentioned earlier or if you are coming from Lekki and environs, take a bus going to Obalende or CMS and stop at same bus stop.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 10:29pm On Jul 06, 2015
Eke40seven:

You don't have to wait for another admission to book. Do that immediately if you have your letter. Except if it is stated in your admission letter expressly, the embassy will never know about the German proficiency requirements and even if they ask, tell them you are going to register for a one month intensive programme that will lead up to A1 at Goethe before you start the programme, you may as well even apply for the aforementioned programme as an alibi.
My 2 cowries!
All my hailing bosses, I throw way salutes to all your hailing.....I see you....thanks!

i like ds guy.. amahtrendy pls this advice is solid.. Eke40seven is always on point..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chimaamaechi17: 10:34pm On Jul 06, 2015
3434tunde:
i tire for Brandenburg university of technology oo,though i got admission for masters last year and deffered till this year.after sending al the docs they told me to send this year since april,i hav not gotten any admission letter and people have been getting same admission since.i called tire they said they will take my file to the responsible person.up till today nothing ooo. God dey sha
Don't worry, God is taking control of everything.Keep telling God abt it... Try and email the Internatipnal student advisor of ur school... definately, u wil get a positive response. it Will all end in praise!

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 10:45pm On Jul 06, 2015
honourableseyi:
I need someone who is planning to send document to uni-assist. I am looking at a situation where we can send the document together and share the money.
Just sent you a PM bro, wen do u plan sending ur documents? Is it for summer applicatn
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 10:52pm On Jul 06, 2015
Please I'd like to ask for confirmation, do German universities and uniassist recognize waec with 2 sittings, note I'm going for msc, please one who has confirmed this should help with d vital info. Thanks, congrats Eke, keep up d good work guys.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by amahtrendy(f): 10:53pm On Jul 06, 2015
Ok thanks. They stated it over expressly sef. I just hope this my online learning can give me what I need to make A1
Eke40seven:

My 2 cowries!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 11:09pm On Jul 06, 2015
kilo4sure:

Just sent you a PM bro, wen do u plan sending ur documents? Is it for summer applicatn

Seen and replied. No winter. I am planning of sending it as soon as uni-assist reply my mail. I made a mistake according to them in one of the documents I sent to them. They said I didn't sign it which is difficult for me to believe anyway. But I gat no choice than to accept their verdict.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 11:18pm On Jul 06, 2015
Galads:
I was about to inform the house about this. My documents got to Germany this morning delivered to a friend and when she went to send the different documents to the different schools I applied for, she was told regular post will take 10days instead of the usual 2 days minimum. She had to send it through express but it cost more, I think 24euro instead of the usual 1.5euro for normal delivery. Will advice anybody going to send docs during this period to make sure he/she confirms very well from customer care about the time it will take to get to Germany and the time it will take to get to the school. Or preferably ask for express delivery from naija here but might be a bit more expensive.

The strike has continue to linger on for some time now. However, the strike will only affect those that are planning to use German NIPOST or send documents to someone in Germany for distribution to the appropriate quarters. But if you are sending your document straight to the schools through either DHL or Fedex (Both are very reliable but different in price a little bit and 3-4 days max) from Nigeria, you are in a safe hand. The strike has nothing to do with them or this situation.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Mickyboiz: 11:28pm On Jul 06, 2015
congrats bro
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cahnellven: 11:36pm On Jul 06, 2015
Obiwannn:
Just left d embassy. Had my interview this morning and it was...

WILL UPDATE POST LATER.

Quick load finish make you come yarn the house how everything go

I'm sure you dazzled everyone at the embassy.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cahnellven: 11:39pm On Jul 06, 2015
The Deutsch post strike only affects approximately 20 percent of mails. I sent about 4 mails in June and they all got delivered within 48 hours. It's not something to loose sleep over.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 11:47pm On Jul 06, 2015
WOW! GOD DON BUTTA WE BREAD O... CONGRATS OGA EKE
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by XpensiveT(m): 11:58pm On Jul 06, 2015
@Dolpaz @Obiwannn ... So glad to meet u guyz today. Maximum respect, bosses.

@Eke d Oracle grin.. God bless u bro.. Thanks for all d help nd d ginger u dey gimme. Danke schön mein Chef.

Oga Obiwannn...abeg post ur interview questions make ur boiz learn from ur experience Sir.

#TeamWinter2015
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 12:24am On Jul 07, 2015
Dear Sir, with regard to your visa application at the
German Consulate General, please be
informed that we are still in need of a
confirmation by Deutsche Bank that your
blocked account has been opened and
the necessary amount has been credited to it in order to process your visa
application. You are welcome to forward the above
named document by e-mail attachment
(pdf) as soon as at hand. Thank you for your anticipated
cooperation. Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Sincerely yours Visa Section (JE) Generalkonsulat der Bundesrepublik
Deutschland - Lagos -
Consulate General of the Federal
Republic of Germany - Lagos - Tel: +234-1-280-9966
Fax: +49 30 1817 67232 Rechts- und Konsularreferat
15, Walter Carrington Crescent
Victoria Island
Lagos
Bundesrepublik Nigeria Reply.

ABEG NA THIS SAME EXACT MAIL EMBASSY DE SEND PPLE WEY DON DO INTERVIEW WITHOUT PREVIOUSLY FUNDING THE B. ACC
receivd d mail by 2.21pm today having alrdy had an awesome interview by 7.30am.
eke AND others abeg respond
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 12:25am On Jul 07, 2015
XpensiveT:

@Eke d Oracle grin.. God bless u bro.. Thanks for all d help nd d ginger u dey gimme. Danke schön mein Chef.

Oga Obiwannn...abeg post ur interview questions make ur boiz learn from ur experience Sir.

#TeamWinter2015
NO WORRY, I GO POST AM. need to get 2 my lappy first
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 12:49am On Jul 07, 2015
Obiwannn:
Dear Sir, with regard to your visa application at the
German Consulate General, please be
informed that we are still in need of a
confirmation by Deutsche Bank that your
blocked account has been opened and
the necessary amount has been credited to it in order to process your visa
application. You are welcome to forward the above
named document by e-mail attachment
(pdf) as soon as at hand. Thank you for your anticipated
cooperation. Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Sincerely yours Visa Section (JE) Generalkonsulat der Bundesrepublik
Deutschland - Lagos -
Consulate General of the Federal
Republic of Germany - Lagos - Tel: +234-1-280-9966
Fax: +49 30 1817 67232 Rechts- und Konsularreferat
15, Walter Carrington Crescent
Victoria Island
Lagos
Bundesrepublik Nigeria Reply.

ABEG NA THIS SAME EXACT MAIL EMBASSY DE SEND PPLE WEY DON DO INTERVIEW WITHOUT PREVIOUSLY FUNDING THE B. ACC
receivd d mail by 2.21pm today having alrdy had an awesome interview by 7.30am.
eke AND others abeg respond

Bad guy.. cool cool

You never sleep

Anyway, fret not.. the embassy needs a confirmation from deutsch bank that your account has been opened and probably funded. I believe this does not in anyway stop the visa processing. They will continue with your application by sending it to the Alien's office for approval. they just need a confirmation from you (If you have received any) If not, send an email to the embassy explaining to them that the account opening is not ready and you are still awaiting response from them.

Anyway, Its a good/positive news bro !

Fund your account, get you visa... shikena undecided

Let the testimonies keep rolling in ! cheesy wink
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 12:50am On Jul 07, 2015
XpensiveT:

#TeamWinter2015

So glad to see you as well bro.

My brother from another mother ! wink
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 12:57am On Jul 07, 2015
dolpaz:

Bad guy.. cool cool

You never sleep

Anyway, fret not.. the embassy needs a confirmation from deutsch bank that your account has been opened and probably funded. I believe This does not in anyway stop the visa processing. They will continue with your application by sending it to the Alien's office for approval. they just need a confirmation from you (If you have received one) If not, send an email to the embassy explaining to them that the account opening is not ready and you are still awaiting responses from them.

Anyway, Its a good/positive news bro !

Fund your account, get you visa

Let the testimonies keep rolling in ! cheesy wink
OGA DOLPY, so wetin u de yarn na say mk i send them mail attaching my unfunded b acc details to them nd telln dem dat i ve already opened an acc but it is yet 2 b funded?
i gree sleep? jus recountn wah happnd 2day nd tryn 2 tink about what it is that i got or did right that wowed our usually mean chinesegerman fwend
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 12:58am On Jul 07, 2015
And a quick one for guys whose interview is coming up soon.

Please be advised that the checklist has been changed to the list below.

This is an updated list and expected arrangement as at 07/07/2015 which was gotten by one of our member here from the consulate.

Please, ensure you follow the listing in the right order so as not to be in logger-head with the Rivers state man at the gate (A.k.a Igbo man grin)

#letStayGuided

#teamWinter wink

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by spartacus11(m): 1:03am On Jul 07, 2015
Nice job guys,keep it up #OneLove
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 1:04am On Jul 07, 2015
Obiwannn:
OGA DOLPY, so wetin u de yarn na say mk i send them mail attaching my unfunded b acc details to them nd telln dem dat i ve already opened an acc but it is yet 2 b funded?
i gree sleep? jus recountn wah happnd 2day nd tryn 2 tink about what it is that i got or did right that wowed our usually mean chinesegerman fwend

Yes baws,

I think you can send them the confirmation about the account opening, but yet to be funded.

Maybe tomorrow, other fellows can add their 2cents cheesy

Make i go continue with that my new project jare... you know as he dey go nah wink

Money has to be made cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.