Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,786 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (995525 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by amahtrendy(f): 4:05pm On Apr 02, 2015
FH-Aachen application started yesterday. Pls who knows what shld be done next after submitting the online application
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 02, 2015
Hello All,
Please i would like to ask; what is the monthly rate for public health insurance for a student starting school over the age of 29? That is if the person does not want to use private insurance
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 02, 2015
Tnot:
Being my first post on this thread, I have been following the thread for a while (ghost mode)and my boundless appreciation goes to Ekefourty7 and others who have been contributing in one way or the other.
I have HND in Civil Engineering from a federal polytechnic with a cgpa of 3.29, i am currently serving (NYSC) and i will be passing out by October by the grace of God. I will appreciate your contribution on the options i have to further in Germany.
Bros, your HND will only make you eligible for Bsc. 3 years. Nothing more.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by femo86(m): 5:42pm On Apr 02, 2015
crowns2:

True talk....Sealed and Confirmed!!!!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Tnot(m): 6:08pm On Apr 02, 2015
crowns2:

Crown, you meaan i have to apply for Bcs and start all over angry
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 02, 2015
Tnot:

Crown, you meaan i have to apply for Bcs and start all over angry
Exactly. Germany is not like UK where with your HND you do one year top up and then masters.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EemGEE: 10:30pm On Apr 02, 2015
Good evening everyone, i have been a silent follower of this thread and i appreciate the good work going on here
I have a few questions as regards Germany admission

1. Can i be able to use my NECO results for admission process as my WAEC result is incomplete?

2. i have a degree in Science Laboratory Technology but i would like to go for a degree in Telecommunications or information technology, how do i merge this together?

i await your responses soon. thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 12:30am On Apr 03, 2015
futurewise11:

The insurance is important not only because you have to use the hospitals or not.
You cant be enrol in a german university without insurance.
No employer will give you job without your insurance.
Is like you are walking naked,if you are not insured here as a student.
Although some companies pay for there employee insurance here,so you might be lucky...
Yes of course, its very compulsory.
How far brother, long time no see.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 5:55am On Apr 03, 2015
EemGEE:
Good evening everyone, i have been a silent follower of this thread and i appreciate the good work going on here
I have a few questions as regards Germany admission

1. Can i be able to use my NECO results for admission process as my WAEC result is incomplete?

2. i have a degree in Science Laboratory Technology but i would like to go for a degree in Telecommunications or information technology, how do i merge this together?

i await your responses soon. thanks
You can use you NECO. That's if the school even ask but the embassy will surely ask for it and its acceptable.

That telecommunications there is a killer. Why not go for courses like bioinformatics or just ICT.
Do your investigations though, you might be lucky.
crowns2:
Hello All,
Please i would like to ask; what is the monthly rate for public health insurance for a student starting school over the age of 29? That is if the person does not want to use private insurance

Once you are 30 you are not qualified to get the price at which you would have gotten when you were younger. it's around 120 or more depending on the issuer. Therefore, you are encouraged or SOMETIMES forced to switch to private which would be cheaper (not in the real sense though) and more flexible as you can negotiate for as low as 34 euros if you are student for a cheap one.
On the other hand, some schools, e.g Frankfurt do not accept private insurance no matter your age so automatically, na over 110/120 gbese every month.

I hope the ogas will come and help you further.

My two cowries!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by styles2009: 8:40am On Apr 03, 2015
@Eke40seven
Me reading your last reply,I wonder,where you get your information from.
concerning health insurance, I know a friend . in my city doing masters and paying under 35€.

My point,I hate misinformation
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by styles2009: 8:45am On Apr 03, 2015
crowns2:
Hello All,

Please visit this website:
http://www.mawista.com/en/
Send them an e-mail and get direct answer,they cover health insurance for foreign students.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 03, 2015
styles2009:
quote author=crowns2 post=32278387]Hello All,

Please visit this website:
http://www.mawista.com/en/
Send them an e-mail and get direct answer,they cover health insurance for foreign students.

Thank you but Mawista is private insurance and i don't like their conditions. The benefits of Public insurance is better that is why i am asking for monthly public rate when one's age is beyond the student rate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nevilbot: 11:28am On Apr 03, 2015
styles2009:
@Eke40seven
concerning health insurance, I know a friend . in my city doing masters and paying under 35€.

Nobody is giving anyone misinformation. If u are above 30, public insurance accept u only if u agree to pay more. Private insurance is cheaper if u are above 30 but has its own disadvantage which is dat wen u go for treatment d hospital sends u d bill ist which u av no choice but d pay before d insurance refunds u and mind u dey don't refund 100%.

If u are on public though, u don't even see any bill, just flash ur card and u get treated, d bill goes to d company. I'm above 30 and I'm with a public insurance cus my school Goethe university in Frankfurt does not accept private insurance for students on enrolment. U can finish ur enrolment and terminatinate ur contract with ur public company after a year but I don't see the need once u can pay. For the ist year its 129.99€ while from d second year its 159.99 with aok hennen if u are above 30, for below 30 its 78.99.

Private can be as low as 35€ but u can't eat ur cake and av it

@crowns2 dat is d authentic if u need. If u start at d age of 29 like I did, u start with 78.99 den few weeks to ur 30 birthday, d company invites u over to sign a new contract which will take effect two months after ur 30 birthday. It will be 129.99 for d next one year cus all German institutions don't believe u should be a student after 30 so all benefit stops once u are 30 even banks. After d one year of paying 129.99 ends, u go to 159.99 which will only be reduced wen u are married and start having kids.

To even open a bank account if u are a student above 30 is not free like if u were below 30 and dey charge u BTW 5 and 9 Euros monthly for d account

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 03, 2015
nevilbot:

Nobody is giving anyone misinformation. If u are above 30, public insurance accept u only if u agree to pay more. Private insurance is cheaper if u are above 30 but has its own disadvantage which is dat wen u go for treatment d hospital sends u d bill ist which u av no choice but d pay before d insurance refunds u and mind u dey don't refund 100%.

If u are on public though, u don't even see any bill, just flash ur card and u get treated, d bill goes to d company. I'm above 30 and I'm with a public insurance cus my school Goethe university in Frankfurt does not accept private insurance for students on enrolment. U can finish ur enrolment and terminatinate ur contract with ur public company after a year but I don't see the need once u can pay. For the ist year its 129.99€ while from d second year its 159.99 with aok hennen if u are above 30, for below 30 its 78.99.

@crowns2 dat is d authentic if u need. If u start at d age of 29 like I did, u start with 78.99 den few weeks to ur 30 birthday, d company invites u over to sign a new contract which will take effect two months after ur 30 birthday. It will be 129.99 for d next one year cus all German institutions don't believe u should be a student after 30 so all benefit stops once u are 30 even banks. After d one year of paying 129.99 ends, u go to 159.99 which will only be reduced wen u are married and start having kids.

To even open a bank account if u are a student above 30 is not free like if u were below 30 and dey charge u BTW 5 and 9 Euros monthly for d account
Thank you for your reply. I saw this on AOK website: Voluntary insurance

Even if you are over the age of 30, or if you have already completed 14 semesters of study, you are in good hands with the AOK. Students with their place of residence in Germany, who are no longer insured under the statutory system, may take out insurance as voluntary members of the AOK. In order to qualify, however, you have to provide proof of "previous insurance" covering either a total of 24 months within the last 5 years or at least 1 year (12 months) uninterrupted insurance prior to registration with a German statutory health insurance organisation.

Did you begin to use public insurance in Germany before you got to 30?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 12:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
amahtrendy:
FH-Aachen application started yesterday. Pls who knows what shld be done next after submitting the online application

you chill for their verdict...

what course u applying for? Wanted to apply for their Energy Science and tech program...but..LEVELS DON CHANGE cheesy
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nevilbot: 12:34pm On Apr 03, 2015
crowns2:

Thank you for your reply. I saw this on AOK website: Voluntary insurance

I got to Germany last October went to enroll with mawista and my SCH rejected it, I was given instructions to go get aok, I got aok and all is history. Mind u I only clocked 30 this year february.

Even you you are over the age of 30, or if you have already completed 14 semesters of study, you are in good hands with the AOK. Students with their place of residence in Germany, who are no longer insured under the statutory system, may take out insurance as voluntary members of the AOK. In order to qualify, however, you have to provide proof of "previous insurance" covering either a total of 24 months within the last 5 years or at least 1 year (12 months) uninterrupted insurance prior to registration with a German statutory health insurance organisation.

Did you begin to use public insurance in Germany before you got to 30?

If u are still below 30 by d time u get to Germany, just sign up with AOK even if ur 30 birth day is two weeks from den. Once u sign up before u officially clock 30 u don't av to fulfill any other rule, like I said dey will call u themsef wen u clock 30 to sign a new contract. And d rule u quoted does not apply to international students provided dey are d ist company u sign up with on ur arrival in Germany even if u are above 30 wen u came
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
nevilbot:

If u are still below 30 by d time u get to Germany, just sign up with OK even if ur 30 birth day is two weeks from den. Once u sign up before u officially clock 30 u don't av to fulfill any other rule, like I said dey will call u themsef wen u clock 30 to sign a new contract

okay. if the person is over 30 at the beginning of schooling in Germany will they still allow the person to use public insurance? Private insurance sucks especially Mawista. Do you know any other private insurance company for foreign students?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nevilbot: 12:47pm On Apr 03, 2015
crowns2:

okay. if the person is over 30 at the beginning of schooling in Germany will they still allow the person to use public insurance? Private insurance sucks especially Mawista. Do you know any other private insurance company for foreign students?

Plz add me on Facebook with nevilbot to chat dia, I'm sorry but I can't keep coming here to ansa d question. I will ansa all ur questions wen we chat cus I'm actually engaged right now but can still spare some Facebook chat time. Search for nevilbot or Adesanoye neville
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 03, 2015
nevilbot:

Plz add me on Facebook with nevilbot to chat dia, I'm sorry but I can't keep coming here to ansa d question. I will ansa all ur questions wen we chat cus I'm actually engaged right now but can still spare some Facebook chat time. Search for nevilbot or Adesanoye neville
Great kiss
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cahnellven: 2:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
Obiwannn:

what course u applying for? Wanted to apply for their Energy Science and tech program...but..LEVELS DON CHANGE cheesy

Oga , levels don change true true.
How preparations?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cahnellven: 2:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
styles2009:
@Eke40seven

Your campaign of calumny will do you no good.
You're the one misinforming people here

@Nevilbot , Thanks for setting the records straight jare

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kaypopps: 3:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
I went to german consulate in lagos to open blocked mid march and immediately applied for student visa appointment. Th consulate sent mer a mail that my application is too early for winter that I should apply in july. @eke47, future wise, justwise. When do u think I should reapply because I think july is late oo + I am looking for private accommodation in munich. Abeg hook me uUp my ogas.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Justcul(m): 3:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
nevilbot:

Precise info! Good job bro.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Justcul(m): 3:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
kaypopps:
I went to german consulate in lagos to open blocked mid march and immediately applied for student visa appointment. Th consulate sent mer a mail that my application is too early for winter that I should apply in july. @eke47, future wise, justwise. When do u think I should reapply because I think july is late oo + I am looking for private accommodation in munich. Abeg hook me uUp my ogas.

Start in June!

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 6:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
This is a fantastic thread..thumbs up everyone. . I made a mistake when filling the masters application form in one of the German universities. . I filled in "second class honours lower division " instead of my grade 3.40/5.00 in the result blank space.. tho I submitted my transcript.. pls what are the consequences. .thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 6:31pm On Apr 03, 2015
cahnellven:

Oga , levels don change true true.
How preparations?

low key o bros...

We de try hustle blocked account money
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kaypopps: 6:55pm On Apr 03, 2015
@ justcul thanks for ur prompt response. I am looking foor. Private accommodation in munich. Do youuuu av any link I can get a landlord
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by amahtrendy(f): 7:21pm On Apr 03, 2015
Obiwannn:

Ok. Biomedical Engineering. please how do u mean level don change? Any changes in their requirements. And procedures? Pls help a sis lol
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 9:24pm On Apr 03, 2015
amahtrendy:

Ok. Biomedical Engineering. please how do u mean level don change? Any changes in their requirements. And procedures? Pls help a sis lol

what I meant was that I already got admitted in the University that was my first choice.
You have nothing to fear.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EemGEE: 9:32pm On Apr 03, 2015
Eke40seven:

You can use you NECO. That's if the school even ask but the embassy will surely ask for it and its acceptable.

That telecommunications there is a killer. Why not go for courses like bioinformatics or just ICT.

My two cowries!
Thanks for your response sir, i will do further investigation as to the course
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:40am On Apr 04, 2015
Hello house,

with a CGPA of 2.80/5.00, do you i stand a chance of studying in Germany?

I intend to studying Engineering related courses

Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 4:29am On Apr 04, 2015
styles2009:
@Eke40seven
CONCERNING INSURANCE, I know a friend . in my city doing MASTERS and PAYING UNDER 35€.

Bros on a good day I would ignored you and not read your message twice but of course, I won't be doing any good. Some of the reasons why I ignored you and didn't bother replying you the last time was that I knew from your previous posts that you are as old as my much older cousins and most importantly, the closest you have gotten to the four walls of a tertiary institution is the studienkolleg, one which you are presently in (which is of course is not a university yet). So, I perceived you neither understood the intricacies of the then subject topic especially in Nigeria and the reasons behind my reply nor have you ever gone for one in a Nigerian university.
However, on this occasion, I perceived that your inability to read and comprehend simple English sentences could also be a contributing factor to your "hateful" and incoherent bashes.
Read my response again, and observe more closely. Now, can you see any connecting factor between your last sentence in your quote above and the capitalised words in my quote below? And just in case you didn't know, someone enrolled in a masters programme is also a student grin.
If there is any other thing about me that gives you heart wrenching nightmares, you can spill it so we can iron things out.

Eke40seven:

Once you are 30 you are not qualified to get the price at which you would have gotten when you were younger. it's around 120 or more depending on the issuer. Therefore, you are encouraged or SOMETIMES forced to switch to PRIVATE WHICH WOULD BE CHEAPER (NOT IN THE REAL SENSE THOUGH) AND MORE FLEXIBLE AS YOU CAN NEGOTIATE FOR AS LOW AS 34 EUROS IF YOU ARE A STUDENT FOR A CHEAP ONE.
On the other hand, some schools, e.g Frankfurt do not accept private insurance no matter your age so automatically, na over 110/120 gbese every month.
I hope the ogas will come and help you further.
My two cowries!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.