Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,050 members, 7,814,604 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (995465 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by futurewise11(m): 3:50pm On Apr 04, 2015
Eke40seven:

Yes of course, its very compulsory.
How far brother, long time no see.

Really long.We bless God my brother.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by futurewise11(m): 4:00pm On Apr 04, 2015
kaypopps:
I went to german consulate in lagos to open blocked mid march and immediately applied for student visa appointment. Th consulate sent mer a mail that my application is too early for winter that I should apply in july. @eke47, future wise, justwise. When do u think I should reapply because I think july is late oo + I am looking for private accommodation in munich. Abeg hook me uUp my ogas.

I think july is ok because by august your visa should be out then you have alot of time for your traveling arrangement...take it easy and dont let them notice desperation in your plan.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kaypopps: 5:21pm On Apr 04, 2015
@futurewise11 thanks for the heads up. I will do just that. Please do you have any link for private accomodation in munich? I intend to be in munich b4 their oktoberfest.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by baggylips(m): 5:46pm On Apr 04, 2015
Pls gurus in the house..who can help me with my cv review for msc application.The time is here.Biko help a brother because the competition is too much oo.Thanks for anticipated assistance.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stoicism: 7:59pm On Apr 04, 2015
Eke40seven:

Yes of course, its very compulsory.
How far brother, long time no see.

brother, you have been more than helpful on this thread. I have been following from the part 1. Pls kindly enlighten me a little more on using NIPOST to send my documents. I can remember u said something about using a particular service of the NIPOST which is a lot faster. I bookmarked that but couldn't find it on my phone. I have to send some docs out to Czech republic and Germany....i have 3 weeks left for the Czech republic applications
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 10:09pm On Apr 04, 2015
Eke40seven:

1. If you stay in Lagos, go to the HEAD OFFICE of NIPOST at the ARRIVAL LOUNGE of the MURITALA MUHAMMED INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (MMA), use the registered mail and tip them to encourage their good work. You know what I mean.
It costs between N500-1500 officially.
That is the fastest you could ever get of any NIPOST OFFICE in Nigeria of a post leaving our shores (I could be wrong). Although from experience unregistered mails are always faster may be because record keeping and updating online for tracking is not involved and it costs not more than N300 per address/file. Whichever way, I'm positive that your mail will arrive maximum of 7-10 working days if you use that channel.

2. EMS speedpost from NIPOST, takes a maximum 5 working days, no stories! It costs 8k per address or file.

3. DHL is super fast and there is a 100% certainty about the period it will take to reach its destination. It costs 13k5 to send to Germany, from experience too. But before you give away that money, be informed that DHL has a special price for sending documents to school but majority don't know about this because the info is not on their site, at least the last time I checked and their staff will not tell you about this unless you ask. There is actually a special discount price if you are sending documents to schools.

My 2 cowries!
@stoicism I guess you meant this post?
I don't know about Czech republic but am sure of Germany. This same route have been tested for Norway, Canada by people I know, all within 7 working days.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by amahtrendy(f): 6:02am On Apr 05, 2015
Obiwannn:

what I meant was that I already got admitted in the University that was my first choice.
You have nothing to fear.

Yea sure. Also applied to RWTH and might apply to TUM. Are u for MSc?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stoicism: 7:42am On Apr 05, 2015
Eke40seven:

@stoicism I guess you meant this post?
I don't know about Czech republic but am sure of Germany. This same route have been tested for Norway, Canada by people I know, all within 7 working days.

Thanks so much bro. Pls has anyone here ever transferred any fund abroad to a University without using the dorm account. I have to transfer just €25 as admission and others fees but I was told my dorm. account is dormant. Someone should pls help out with any info.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by futurewise11(m): 7:22pm On Apr 05, 2015
stoicism:

Thanks so much bro. Pls has anyone here ever transferred any fund abroad to a University without using the dorm account. I have to transfer just €25 as admission and others fees but I was told my dorm. account is dormant. Someone should pls help out with any info.

Reactivate the account or ask a friend in germany to help you out while you pay him the naira equivalent

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by takin35(m): 8:39pm On Apr 05, 2015
Hello bro,I wish to relocate to germany how ddo I go about it?thanks
worryless:

i am in Berlin,can help with any info or help that you might need in this area,let me give back to the society in my own lil way..oga justwise please no delete me ooo if i cross border i will appreciate if you can call my attention to it.

So house,if you have any questions regarding living in Berlin,schools,settling down once you are here then ask if openly and i will do my best to respond.

Regards.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Tnot(m): 12:02pm On Apr 06, 2015
Guys, i just came across the this comment by gadafitruth in the previous part.

"You will be starting afresh from 1st Year If you apply with Hnd thats why for me its just a waste of time since you can use your OND, Uni 1st Year transcripts or even do a PGD elsewhere instead of wasting another 3.5years in Germany unless your German is up to DAF level(require TestDaf). If You have age on your side though and burning to learn in an advanced nation then it makes perfect sense. But Emphasis on your German in the labor market plays a key role during and after studies"

I have HND and i will be 27 by Dec. pls i need your sincere advise as i'm thinking of applying for Bsc Civil engineering in German Uni.

#God Bless Our Hustle
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dencotech(m): 2:47pm On Apr 06, 2015
I can help you with the transfer if you've not yet done so. Pm me
futurewise11:

Reactivate the account or ask a friend in germany to help you out while you pay him the naira equivalent
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ndyoo(m): 4:43pm On Apr 06, 2015
Eke40seven do come germo make we rest for you. Leave styles2009 I have noticed his childishness for long. But as usual...bad belle is allowed grin. Only then that you will know that you are doing a good work.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by EemGEE: 11:06pm On Apr 06, 2015
Eke40seven:

You can use you NECO. That's if the school even ask but the embassy will surely ask for it and its acceptable.

That telecommunications there is a killer. Why not go for courses like bioinformatics or just ICT.
Do your investigations though, you might be lucky.

please boss i need your sincere input, i have searched both masters and undergraduate programs, which one would you think will be advisable. My current cgpa is 3.56 but i still have a result i havent collected yet

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 3434tunde(m): 9:47am On Apr 08, 2015
@futurewise 11 or any one else,pls i need your help about this.is it true if one got a blocked account for an admission but didnt go to the school that year(defered) and now decides to use it this year.i must open a new blocked account cos that one has become dormant.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nellyb24(m): 11:49am On Apr 08, 2015
Williamso:

Unique Uniport student!!!!! No worry, we must enter this year!!!

I go like make you give me hint h @ bolded wink
lolzzzz on the d bolded na based on family tins oh
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nellyb24(m): 11:53am On Apr 08, 2015
pls brodas in germany.......who can help me pay 90euro to uni assisst while i pay d equivalent plus interest into ur account or any account of ur choice over here.....pls help a broda in urgent need.....i really need to tidy up all my application process by april......pls nelsonselekere@gmail.com thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 08, 2015
Please house who has certified and posted any document recently? I am having an issue with the law courts here. They don't stamp with seal just ordinary stamping. I read here earlier that the document must posses a seal. Please did any one send documents only stamped and signed? Was it accepted? Including Uni assist will they accept it that way?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pompido: 12:57pm On Apr 08, 2015
crowns2:
Please house who has certified and posted any document recently? I am having an issue with the law courts here. They don't stamp with seal just ordinary stamping. I read here earlier that the document must posses a seal. Please did any one send documents only stamped and signed? Was it accepted? Including Uni assist will they accept it that way?

I had my documents certified and sealed at the ikeja high court. They stamped and sealed all the pages I asked them to since i paid per page stamped and sealed. If you are in lagos, you can go to ikeja high court or lagos island high court in igbosere.

My applications were to institutions directly so I am not exactly sure how Uniassist handles such. Hopefully, our ogas in the house will give a concise response to your questions

P.S: @Eke40Seven, this Nipost people can give person hypertension ooo. None of the schools in germany have updated my online profile as having received my posted documents and all i get from the tracking page of Nipost and even EMS is that package is in the bag.....since March 6th ooo while i had a deadline for TUM for 15th March (hence the EMS as a courier option). Not one of them has confirmed receipt and they are saying we should refrain from queries. ok ooo.

Got good news about the registered post though as one of the institutions i applied to in Asia acknowledged receipt of my package 2days ago. I will expect that posts going to europe will be much faster than asia so I guess I shoud keep playing the waiting game.

How long does it take ETS to deliver TOEFL results to institutions? According to my ETS order page, they claim the score reports were processed for delivery on 3rd February and the Asian institution is saying they are yet to get it! This is the second time they are checking for me. I had to send them the order page so they see the date and the institution code as indicated by ETS. I did ensure i added the student copy of the result to all my applications as I did sense something like this might happen and just hope if push comes to shove and it is the official score report that might stand in the way, the included score report might allow some kind of grace in the matter.

So the waiting begins.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 08, 2015
[
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 08, 2015
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nellyb24(m): 1:55pm On Apr 08, 2015
crowns2:

Thanks for your reply. I am in the east. I even had to travel to a
neighboring state. In both of these states i went to their high courts
however i was told that they don't have a Seal as the courts only stamp
documents. I read somewhere that the stamp is insufficient. Please did
anyone recieve admission with only stamped documents?
hello crown d stamp is sufficient....a long as dey wrote certified true copy of the original den stamp it and d person signs with a pen.....i did mine in federal high court port harcourt and it waz just stamped and signed with date and all d schools i applied had no problem with it......submit it dat way it must not be sealed
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nellyb24(m): 2:01pm On Apr 08, 2015
@pompido am having same problem.....i used nipost to send 3 documents since 17 of february up until now dey havnt still delivered it......i have a deadline of 15 of april for one of does document am really confuse.......seem nipost is having problems delivering mails to germany of late......anyway i would just let dat one go cos am applying to 9 oda universities.....how much did ems charge u?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nellyb24(m): 2:09pm On Apr 08, 2015
pls from february till now as anyone sent a mail through nipost that got delivered delivered.....i call nipost ikeja dey tud me my document left nigeria on the 20th of february but up till now d skool still hasnt gotten it and pls who in germany can help me paid dat uni assisst money.....

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nellyb24(m): 2:22pm On Apr 08, 2015
dencotech:
I can help you with the transfer if you've not yet done so. Pm me
dencotech can u pls help me with the transfer its just 90 euros to uni assisst i wud pay u d naira equivalent......pls help a broda
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 3:01pm On Apr 08, 2015
Ndyoo:
Eke40seven do come germo make we rest for you. Leave styles2009 I have noticed his childishness for long. But as usual...bad belle is allowed grin. Only then that you will know that you are doing a good work.
Yes boss!! grin grin grin

EemGEE:

please boss i need your sincere input, i have searched both masters and undergraduate programs, which one would you think will be advisable. My current cgpa is 3.56 but i still have a result i havent collected yet
Thanks
Hello
3.56 is about 2.0 in German grading system. That is more than enough, all things being equal. Read up the thread, you will find it really useful.
Good luck!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 3:27pm On Apr 08, 2015
nellyb24:
pls from february till now as anyone sent a mail through nipost that got delivered delivered.....i call nipost ikeja dey tud me my document left nigeria on the 20th of february but up till now d skool still hasnt gotten it and pls who in germany can help me paid dat uni assisst money.....
You should have gone to MMA international airport Arrival lounge.
pompido:

I had my documents certified and sealed at the ikeja high court. They stamped and sealed all the pages I asked them to since i paid per page stamped and sealed. If you are in lagos, you can go to ikeja high court or lagos island high court in igbosere.

My applications were to institutions directly so I am not exactly sure how Uniassist handles such. Hopefully, our ogas in the house will give a concise response to your questions

P.S: @Eke40Seven, this Nipost people can give person hypertension ooo. None of the schools in germany have updated my online profile as having received my posted documents and all i get from the tracking page of Nipost and even EMS is that package is in the bag.....since March 6th ooo while i had a deadline for TUM for 15th March (hence the EMS as a courier option). Not one of them has confirmed receipt and they are saying we should refrain from queries. ok ooo.

Got good news about the registered post though as one of the institutions i applied to in Asia acknowledged receipt of my package 2days ago. I will expect that posts going to europe will be much faster than asia so I guess I shoud keep playing the waiting game.

How long does it take ETS to deliver TOEFL results to institutions? According to my ETS order page, they claim the score reports were processed for delivery on 3rd February and the Asian institution is saying they are yet to get it! This is the second time they are checking for me. I had to send them the order page so they see the date and the institution code as indicated by ETS. I did ensure i added the student copy of the result to all my applications as I did sense something like this might happen and just hope if push comes to shove and it is the official score report that might stand in the way, the included score report might allow some kind of grace in the matter.

So the waiting begins.

That tracking thing online na wash beyond telling you when it has been received at the office of exchange. The updates are never prompt. Once it is confirmed that it has left Naija just pray the wind blows it to the direction of its destination. A friend got his delivered in 7-8 days around last month but as at last week, the info online still reads "received at the office of exchange". Also, not all schools will tell you when your documents arrived or at least not immediately.

If one has a friend in Germany, you can test run the serviçe by sending an ORDINARY mail to the person so the person can give you feedback when he received it. ORDINARY mail proves faster from experience than the registered but the risk is way higher. The friend can help use Deutsche Post priority mail to send to the school @ 3-8 euros depending on the destination. You are guaranteed 2-3 days max with less hypertension.
But don't fret much, your post go don reach.
Hope you are a bit comforted?
Good luck!!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 08, 2015
This is what i saw on Uniassist website: that is why i am asking if Uniassist accepted only stamp from anyone.

STANDARD OFFICIAL AUTHENTICATION

The uni-assist member universities have agreed on a standard concerning official authentication:

Official authentications must always bear the original seal and signature of the authenticator. The official seal can be round or oval and contains an emblem. Authentications that only have a stamp containing only words will not be accepted.

If the copy consists of several individual pages, it must be shown that each page belongs to the same document. It is sufficient if just one page bears the original seal and signature, as long as all pages overlap one another (e.g. imbricative) and are stapled and authenticated in such a way that each page bears a part of the original seal.
As regards notary authentications (with string and a seal mark), the original seal only needs to appear on one of the pages of the copy.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nellyb24(m): 5:10pm On Apr 08, 2015
@eke i stay in port harcourt i dnt stay in lagos @crown y not try a notary public......i did 3 documents with a notary public in ph and dey charged me 6k so dats y i had to resort to usind federal high court port harcourt.......y not send uni assisst a mail and pls crown how are u paying ur uni assisst money pls i need help on dat.....which state in east are u.am in port harcourt
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Goodme: 5:11pm On Apr 08, 2015
Hello house. Is any one presently studying in goethe institution lagos?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Goodme: 5:13pm On Apr 08, 2015
My other question: is goethe registration still on coz when I check last I saw 13th to 30th April?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by yoged(m): 5:39pm On Apr 08, 2015
Hi, pls for God sake. I didn't want to detail this thread with my question. Have been reading thru the pages for a while but can't really Get any info concerning PGD. Pls can anyone point a page that'll link me to PGD info on this thread. A Bsc graduate in Chemistry but wants to do pgd coz of grade. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.