Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,478 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (998347 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Gmart22: 2:42pm On Feb 11, 2016
good job @ dennisMOD
dennisMOD:

YES

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by babanila(m): 3:15pm On Feb 11, 2016
Harbioollah:
Concerning the issue about wife/girlfriend joining you while as a student in Germany, i mailed the embassy and got a reply.

It says, my girlfriend can join me throughout the entire duration of my studies in Germany but i have to wait until we get married before applying. (Meaning if you're already married, you have no problem).

On the issue of the funds needed if i'm to come to Germany with my girlfriend, it says it will be determined by the Alien office, so i have to apply first.

Can she work? Yes.

I hope this helps.

cc: dolpaz
OJaySeenson

Nice work Bro.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cupid007: 5:19pm On Feb 11, 2016
ichommy:
@All that Mentioned me, The GRE GMAT TOEFL IELTS Material are not attach document.

Open it as Desktop/PC format and download.

I don send taya grin if you never receive kindly check your mail at night.

#Teamwinter2016 #GermanMachine

please I need the docs ooo ,amriami@yahoo.co.uk
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by babanila(m): 8:08pm On Feb 11, 2016
Hope this is useful for someone.

North Rhine Westphalia is a very big region with the highest population in Germany and lots of industries. It is a perfect place for engineering students to begin their career and they have some of the most hospitable people you could meet in Germany.

The state of Hesse has lots of industries too, quite notably, the Industrie Park situated in Frankfurt (it's as big as a small village in Nigeria) and would be the dream of any body who studied Chemical Engineering since all the companies situated there are the some of the biggest Chemical Companies in the world. Think BASF, BAYER, SANOFI, CLARIANT and so on. Other than that, Frankfurt is a purely banking and Stock exchange city with gigantic banking buildings.

Berlin does not offer much in terms of industries. It is a town where politicians, secretaries and assistants thrive. Think Abuja.

Other than that, the state of Hamburg is also another huge industrial region with lots of importing and exporting going on.

Bavaria is good (don't know much about it) but I heard that the people dwelling there are some of the most unpleasant people to meet. They even look down on other Germans and have some of tbe most effed up accent you can come across in Germany. Unfortunately they have some of the best looking german girls.

#My2Dirhams

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by babanila(m): 8:28pm On Feb 11, 2016
FOR ALL THE NEW GUYS

FAQ about german school admission and visa.

1)How can i apply for admission?

Use google or daad.de.

2)What is the school fees?

Most german university tuition free.except some few states where student pay 500euro.

3)Whats the admission requirement?

Generally,for undergraduate,u can get admission with olevel, toefl,good university transcript, or A levels.motivational letter,cv,etc.
Note.always check ur program requirement.
For master degree applicant,bsc result,transcript,toefl,motivational letter,cv etc

4)Can i be admitted without proof of english certificate like toefl,ielts etc.

Depending on the school/prog.
Always contact the program cordinator.they have the final say.

5)Can i be admitted with my olevel into bsc program?

No.

6)Whats is uni assist?

Uni-assist is the link between prospective student and university.there main function is to verify your academic qualification if its enough to get you admission in a german university.

7)Whats there charges?
You are to pay 75 euro,for the first application and another 15 euro per application if you are sending more.this is for non EU student.
Important details of uni assist can be found on their website. Search google you will get the website.

Please note,not all school or program are under uni assist,so please check if your school or program is under uni assist.

9)After 2 weeks you will be inform if your document is forwarded to your school or its incomplete to get admission in a german school.which you will duly be inform by uni assist.

10)Does uni assist grant admission?

No,its your school that gives admission.

11)After admission by my school what next?

Book your visa appointment,atleast one month and a week in advance,to set up ur block account.

Take your admission letter to the embassy open your block accout.after the account is open transfer the sum of 8040 euro to your deutche bank account.

12)How will i transfer the money?

Walk into any commercial bank (i recommend Union, Sterling and Fidelity). Tell them you need Form A for schooling upkeep. They will direct you on what to do.
Go to the headquarter or head branch in your area.

13)After 2 to 3 days ur will recieve confirmation for payment from deutsch bank.

14)On the interview date,get to the embassy very early,even before ur appointment time.germans dont joke with appointment/time.no oga abeg sir oooh.please prepare very well.

15)What are the likely interview question?

What are you going to do in germany,your course,program structure,school location(state and city),why germany,countries that has boarder with germany,what do you know about germany,why that course,finance,informantion about your sponsor,ur plan after your studies etc.

After interview u will be told,your file will be sent to foriegners office.they will let u know the outcome soon.

It takes between 2-6 weeks for the visa depending on the location of the school.

Please this is just a guidline,if you are in doubt of any information kindly post for honourable members to help.

#My2dirhams

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by royaldok: 10:47pm On Feb 11, 2016
babanila:

North Rhine Westphalia is a very big region with the highest population in Germany and lots of industries. It is a perfect place for engineering students to begin their career and they have some of the most hospitable people you could meet in Germany.

The state of Hesse has lots of industries too, quite notably, the Industrie Park situated in Frankfurt (it's as big as a small village in Nigeria) and would be the dream of any body who studied Chemical Engineering since all the companies situated there are the some of the biggest Chemical Companies in the world. Think BASF, BAYER, SANOFI, CLARIANT and so on. Other than that, Frankfurt is a purely banking and Stock exchange city with gigantic banking buildings.

Berlin does not offer much in terms of industries. It is a town where politicians, secretaries and assistants thrive. Think Abuja.

Other than that, the state of Hamburg is also another huge industrial region with lots of importing and exporting going on.

Bavaria is good (don't know much about it) but I heard that the people dwelling there are some of the most unpleasant people to meet. They even look down on other Germans and have some of tbe most effed up accent you can come across in Germany. Unfortunately they have some of the best looking german girls.
Thanks brother. God bless you for this valuable information.

#My2Dirhams
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dennisMOD(m): 11:36pm On Feb 11, 2016
babanila:

#My2Dirhams
Anything to say about Rhineland Palatinate?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Dude04(m): 11:55pm On Feb 11, 2016
plz what should represent the university entrance certificate for our degree, is it waec or jamb?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by babanila(m): 7:54am On Feb 12, 2016
Dude04:
plz what should represent the university entrance certificate for our degree, is it waec or jamb?

Jamb.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by omoomoba(m): 8:56am On Feb 12, 2016
babanila:
FOR ALL THE NEW GUYS

FAQ about german school admission and visa.

#My2dirhams

Baba, what about paying Uniassist? They seem not to accept Nigerian cards
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ichommy(m): 9:22am On Feb 12, 2016
Find someone to help with payments in Germany.

omoomoba:

Baba, what about paying Uniassist? They seem not to accept Nigerian cards
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by weirdarkhitekt(m): 11:33am On Feb 12, 2016
The Central Bank of Nigeria CBN just announced this morning that it will no longer provide foreign exchange for school fees and medical bills as a result of dwindling forex reserves.

What this means for us on this thread is that, when you want to fund your blocked account, pay uni-assist/university application fees or pay for accommodation from Nigeria, you can't go to the bank and request for a FORM A transaction at about N225 to the Euro. You have to open a domiciliary account, but euros from a Bureau de Change at about N335-340 to the euro, then transfer to the account in Germany.

Let's look at how this affects the living costs to be deposited in the blocked account, for example. 8040€

Before restrictions : 8040*230 =N1.85m(approx) + charges = N1.9m

After restrictions (NOW): 8040*340= N2.75(approx)
+charges = N2.8m

DIFFERENCE OF N900k!!!

PLEASE IF I HAVE ERRED CORRECT ME

But if I am correct in my analysis, this is not too good news. Hehehe, who I dey deceive. THIS IS VERY BAD NEWS

As for me, I still dey hustle passport money, talk less of ielts money or uni-assist or courier or bloc...sigh

I remain confident, i'll join the WiSe team of 2016. #TeamWiSe2016

P.S. Buhari remains my guy :-)

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by femo86(m): 11:53am On Feb 12, 2016
A very bad news......was at Union Bank where I successfully transferred my 8300euros some weeks back..I wanted to transfer 600euros for accommodation deposit but it wasn't successful due to "No Funds from/at CBN"...

To those that will fund as from any moment from now, IT'S NOT GOING TO BE EASY. There's restriction at the moment... Be ready to buy from Bureau De Change.May God see you guys through..Imagine 1.8+ suddenly becoming 2.6 above embarassed
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by femo86(m): 11:59am On Feb 12, 2016
weirdarkhitekt:
The Central Bank of Nigeria CBN just announced this morning that it will no longer provide foreign exchange for school fees and medical bills as a result of dwindling forex reserves.

What this means for us on this thread is that, when you want to fund your blocked account, pay uni-assist/university application fees or pay for accommodation from Nigeria, you can't go to the bank and request for a FORM A transaction at about N225 to the Euro. You have to open a domiciliary account, but euros from a Bureau de Change at about N335-340 to the euro, then transfer to the account in Germany.

Let's look at how this affects the living costs to be deposited in the blocked account, for example. 8040€

+charges = N2.8m

DIFFERENCE OF N900k!!!

But if I am correct in my analysis, this is not too good news. Hehehe, who I dey deceive. THIS IS VERY BAD NEWS

As for me, I still dey hustle passport money, talk less of ielts money or uni-assist or courier or bloc...sigh

Bro..you talk well jare...Thank God I don scale through...To those waiting to fund, act as soon as possible...It's real...dis one no be dem say dem say ooooo...We shall all make it by His grace
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by promise2(f): 12:01pm On Feb 12, 2016
I just called Union Bank head office Foreign exchange Department ( Invisible trade Unit) they said is not yet official no Formal letter to this effect. But is still a rumour.

My advice if you wanna fund now do it immediately if not it may be hard to use form A because likely any moment from now,use of Form A may not be possible.

May God help and strengthen us .

To all Teamsummer2016 Gods speed and favours Amen.

weirdarkhitekt:

+charges = N2.8m

DIFFERENCE OF N900k!!!

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dennisMOD(m): 12:49pm On Feb 12, 2016
Hmmmmmm. Wahala dey oh! About 900k difference! Naija I dey hail oh.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by OJaySeenson: 1:03pm On Feb 12, 2016
wow...dont even know what to say right now. still gathering my 1.8M, only to hear i should be gathering my 2.8M...it is not official though. i have checked and confirmed that. it was a plan that was proposed at the cbn/bankers meeting. I hope it is not implemented sha. of all the people demanding forex, students are the only ones not using it for financial gain. Pligrimage people use it for business, BDCs use it to destroy nigerians, importers speculate on it and trade with it. yet, na student dem wan cancel join all the other bad eggs. well, winter 2016 is still far. I will put it all in the hands of God. wetin man go do...i dont have the funds to do it now, so na to leave matter for baba God...

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ichommy(m): 1:38pm On Feb 12, 2016
This is something else.
CBN well done.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 2:46pm On Feb 12, 2016
This is bad news. I can assist for uniassist.ev payment. So sorry about this news guys

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jendy36(m): 4:56pm On Feb 12, 2016
thanks all
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by babanila(m): 4:57pm On Feb 12, 2016
Hello House,
Don't let us jump before the horn, how will the Senate & House of Representatives cancel form A for students, that's impossible. Let us wait & see their decision.
They are debating it in the house but until the final decision is made don't let us give one another hypertension.
God is able to do all things, I believe God will use this medium to make Form A to be easy to use for students purpose. .
#TeamSummer2016
#My2Dirhams

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by LGDON: 5:03pm On Feb 12, 2016
This is bad news

I am seriously preparing for this summer

To get sponsorship letter is another thing

Non of my relatives lives in Germany but UK,Italy,Austria and swizerland

But why now

All my life when it comes to my turn things are always like this

Why

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ichommy(m): 5:07pm On Feb 12, 2016
jendy36:
)

With just O level certificate, is it possible to be offered admission to study Mechanical engineering 
2) With TOEFL or GOETHE exam, is it possible to be offered admission if only WAEC  o level can't guarantee such.
3) What's the total cost from blocked account, to admission fee , visa, documents etc
4) Which university offers mechanical engineering in English at a tuition free
5) Which other course in high demand
6) How many years does the courses run?
7) Which part of the country is good for students to work while schooling?

Cheers all

You better read the thread from beginning.

Babanila, your head get Oil.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ichommy(m): 5:09pm On Feb 12, 2016
LGDON:
This is bad news

But why now

Why

Yinmu

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stevemims(m): 5:18pm On Feb 12, 2016
LGDON:
This is bad news

But why now

Why
Bros! Why you dey talk like this na? Mehn! You fall ma hand... Like promise2 said its an unconfirmed rumours..... Plus Babanila just killed it,lets not jump to conclusions already.... Make CBN and its cohorts dey prepare evil policies God dey dir dey work wonder for us as well

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jendy36(m): 5:24pm On Feb 12, 2016
ichommy:

You better read the thread from beginning.

Babanila, your head get Oil.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ichommy(m): 5:32pm On Feb 12, 2016
jendy36:

Thanks bro..
.I just saw where he answered most of the questions o asked

What if one gets Geothe certificate with TOEFL certificate together with his O level, can he be admitted

If its Bsc = O level, minimum of 100L Transcripts, TOEFL/IELTS. Chikena.

But if your course require German knowledge G Institute comes in.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mecigr8s: 6:11pm On Feb 12, 2016
LGDON:
This is bad news

But why now

Why

Bros, you took those words out of my mouth. I will be going for Winter 2016 M.SC programme. Everyday, I fashion out ways of ensuring that my admission to the chosen schools sail through and map out strategy as to getting my funds. Now, this strange policy appears to have paralyzed my dream of studying abroad and making impact. I don't know why things will always prove difficult when it's getting to my turn.Life has not been fair to me! This is a sad news;I "swear"
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 12, 2016
CBN Bans Use Of Dollars For Overseas Fees, Medical Trips by FWJOBSNG: 3:00pm
According to Boason Omofaye, the head of business news at Channels television, who made this assertion this morning, overseas school fees and medical tourism have been placed on CBN’s foreign exchange prohibitive list.

By this directive, Nigerians who may need to go outside the country for education purpose or health care will have to get the foreign currency from the parallel market to carry out their engagements.

This reason for this new development could not be ascertained but it may not be unconnected to the weakening state of the Nigerian currency against the dollar on the parallel market.

Only yesterday, experts from all walks of life assembled at a business colloquium to debate if it is imperative to devaluate the naira.

The colloquium, facilitated by The Cable, an online newspaper, took place at the civic centre, Lagos.

Titled “Naira On Trial: To devaluate or Not?” had business tycoons, professionals, analysts, among others in attendance.

The keynote speakers took turns to share their insights on the topic focusing on the merits and demerits of devaluating Naira.

http://www.financialwatchngr.com/2016/02/12/cbn-bans-use-of-dollars-for-overseas-fees-medical-trips/

Please house is this true, nawa oooo!!!!!!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mecigr8s: 6:16pm On Feb 12, 2016
babanila:
Hello House,
Don't let us jump before the horn, how will the Senate & House of Representatives cancel form A for students, that's impossible. Let us wait & see their decision.
They are debating it in the house but until the final decision is made don't let us give one another hypertension.
God is able to do all things, I believe God will use this medium to make Form A to be easy to use for students purpose. .
#TeamSummer2016
#My2Dirhams

Hey Baba,I love your response:it's soul-lifting.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by babanila(m): 6:37pm On Feb 12, 2016
Rayhut:
CBN Bans Use Of Dollars For Overseas Fees, Medical Trips by FWJOBSNG: 3:00pm
According to Boason Omofaye, the head of business news at Channels television, who made this assertion this morning, overseas school fees and medical tourism have been placed on CBN’s foreign exchange prohibitive list.

http://www.financialwatchngr.com/2016/02/12/cbn-bans-use-of-dollars-for-overseas-fees-medical-trips/

Please house is this true, nawa oooo!!!!!!

Hey Bro,
Someone in Channels TV said that blah blah blah, that is not our concern here. He is neither CBN governor or President of the country.
Let us reason along with the reality of what is happening not what someone think or debate on, the senate are still going to seat and debate over this issue because it is a national issue....
Don't forget all of them in the house uses form A whether for their children's school fees or pay for their medical bills abroad.
All fingers crossed, nothing will happen to the student.
Please don't quote me on this " Our leaders use this form A means too to steal money away from the country and who is holy/saint among our politicians "

#God grace is sufficient for us

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by omoomoba(m): 6:53pm On Feb 12, 2016
I pray against that policy by God's grace! It would be so unfair if that ever happens

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.