Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,520 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (996807 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 8:39am On Apr 14, 2015
ogompaul:
please can someone that resides in Germany open the blocked account for me? or must it be the Embassy
Thanks.

Bro, you have to open the acct yourself as you are required to put down your own signature in the presence of an embassy official for certification. Also remember to take 4500naira wt you, even tho you may eventually pay 4300. Note that you have to fpill the acct form online and make two copies. Read my earlier post on the kind of admission letter that is acceptable.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Bankijey(m): 9:16am On Apr 14, 2015
Please all can I use a student copy of my transcript to apply?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 9:36am On Apr 14, 2015
Bankijey:
Please all can I use a student copy of my transcript to apply?

Bro, different departments in different schools have their own requirements regarding accepted documentation. Even within the same school, departmental requirements differ. So I advise that you visit the webpage of the department that you want to apply to and readup the procedure. However in general, you can only apply with a transcript that is on university letterhead and is also issued by the university.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Galads(m): 11:14am On Apr 14, 2015
vozkini:
Tourist Visa.
Please what are the documents required for tourist visa. An invitation is being send to me. What are my chances. What are the best way to go about these in getting the visa. Please address guru in the house.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stoicism: 2:33pm On Apr 14, 2015
lmuhopeful:

The certification is free. You only have to pay if you require the embassy to make phptocopies for you which shouldn't be the case as you should do all your photocopies at home. However rember to take your filled university application form with the originals of your docs and also ypur international passpport and a photocopy. All the best.

FREE.....wow....thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 2:57pm On Apr 14, 2015
vozkini:
Tourist Visa.
Please what are the documents required for tourist visa. An invitation is being send to me. What are my chances. What are the best way to go about these in getting the visa. Please address guru in the house.
Its on their website. Although I posted likely questions for the interview last year. I can't remember them again.

"Please note that the application will only be accepted when it is complete, i.e. when all the required documents are attached. Should there be documents missing the application will be rejected and the applicant has to apply afresh for a new appointment.
Checklist
Visa Application for Tourist Visa
Every applicant is asked to provide one set of application documents. This set has to contain the following mandatory documents (original + one copy of each document) in this order:
• valid passport + color copy of its data page – only E-Passports can be accepted, no observations or renewals allowed
• for non-Nigerian nationals residing in Nigeria: copy of Nigerian residence permit
• 2 passport photos according to biometric specifications, one attached to application form and one loose (both identical photos)
• Schengen Visa Application Form plus questionnaire “§54 (6) AufenthG”
• travel health insurance
• flight reservation or copy of flight ticket including return flight
• confirmed hotel booking or proof of any other accommodation in Germany, no booking through a hotel booking portal is accepted
• color copy of all previous Schengen visas if applicable
• typed and signed sheet with the following information: name, d.o.b., place o.b., passport number, telephone number, email, postal address, contact in Germany (name and address)
• letter of introduction from employer
• leave letter from employer
• personal bank statements of the last three months (only stamped and signed bank statements will be accepted)
• pay slips of the last three months
• Marriage Certificate (issued by the marriage registry) or, if traditionally married only,
„affidavit of facts“ plus wedding pictures
• NPC Birth Certificate/s of minor children even if they are not traveling
If applicant is a minor:
• NPC Child´s Birth Certificate
• letter of school confirming current enrolment and sanctioning leave of absence
• consent letter from both parents regarding child´s travel
• copy of parents` passports
• if one parent is deceased: Death Certificate
• if parents are divorced: Court Order regarding child´s custody
Supplementary information or evidence may be requested in each individual case
Please note you MUST submit the appropriate fee together with your application!"
Source:
http://m.nigeria.diplo.de/contentblob/3811540/Daten/3518215/checklist_tourists.pdf

Good luck!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Bankijey(m): 3:03pm On Apr 14, 2015
lmuhopeful:

Bro, different departments in different schools have their own requirements regarding accepted documentation. Even within the same school, departmental requirements differ. So I advise that you visit the webpage of the department that you want to apply to and readup the procedure. However in general, you can only apply with a transcript that is on university letterhead and is also issued by the university.

Thanks bro
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 3:19pm On Apr 14, 2015
Certification of documents at the German Consulate is absolutely free as at today. All you need is the following.
1.Print-out your application form of the schools you are applying to.
2. Potocopies of all your documents/certificates.
3. Photocopy of your international passport.
4. Original certificates.
5. International passport itself.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 3:43pm On Apr 14, 2015
amahtrendy:

Yea sure. Also applied to RWTH and might apply to TUM. Are u for MSc?

yeah...apply to as many as possible cos you may never knw
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 3434tunde(m): 5:03pm On Apr 14, 2015
nevilbot:

Just get in touch with the bank to know if its still active. Don't open a new one cus its d same int passport with d same details
Thanks Nevilbot and justcute,though the bank sent me a mail about my account about a month ago.it was in german,i went to Goethe to interprete it.all i was told is dat after a certain time i will be charged for my payments.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Tnot(m): 7:36pm On Apr 14, 2015
I might have issue with certification, i have laminated all my document.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nevilbot: 7:50pm On Apr 14, 2015
Tnot:

Its not an issue, dey av a way off cutting open d lamination. Some of my documents were laminated and I still got dem certified with a seal
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 8:44pm On Apr 14, 2015
Tnot:

I took my laminated testimonial to the embassy for certification and the (asian? wink) lady did not complain. She just went ahead with the certification process and I returned later for my docs.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 1:41am On Apr 15, 2015
lmuhopeful:

I took my laminated testimonial to the embassy for certification and the (asian? wink) lady did not complain. She just went ahead with the certification process and I returned later for my docs.

boss dem de open blocked acct on friday?
and when b d embassy working hours on Mon-Thurs? and Friday?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nevilbot: 5:48am On Apr 15, 2015
Obiwannn:

boss dem de open blocked acct on friday?
and when b d embassy working hours on Mon-Thurs? and Friday?

The answer to ur question is on d German embassy website. Do some research my friend and don't b lazy!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 7:16am On Apr 15, 2015
nevilbot:

The answer to ur question is on d German embassy website. Do some research my friend and don't b lazy!!!!!

the second sentence was/is totally unnecessary undecided
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Walesby: 9:37am On Apr 15, 2015
"Sorry if thz question doesn't flow with thz thread".....I am in dilemma of making a choice between studying, workin (during and after programme) in either Germany or Canada. and how possible is it for my spouse to join me after my programme. Which country is prefareable base on Cost, opportunities,Earnings,hospitabilty of the country, strength of their economy and settling down. I need urgent responses from any1 who have stayed or has sum1 that has stayed in both countries. Any info would help
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Oye50(m): 10:12am On Apr 15, 2015
Guys please I want to know if the interview is conducted over the phone at the embassy or a face to face discussion. I observed a guy talking on the phone the day I went to open my account and I felt it could be his interview cos it took a while before he left the office
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Tnot(m): 10:32am On Apr 15, 2015
lmuhopeful:

nevilbot:

Its not an issue, dey av a way off cutting open d lamination. Some of my documents were laminated and I still got dem certified with a seal

thanks guys... i just hope it will still be free to certify tomorrow(thursday) @ the embassy. I will be going from Osun State Insha allah...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 10:58am On Apr 15, 2015
Tnot:

thanks guys... i just hope it will still be free to certify tomorrow(thursday) @ the embassy. I will be going from Osun State Insha allah...

Bro, please don't waste your time coming to lagos tomorrow ooo. The embassy only certifies docs from Monday-Wednesday and from 8-11am. So you better go to Lagos on the weekend so you can make it for Monday or Tuesday and remember to take your complete docs original and photocopy with your intl passport and the filled application form of the uni that you are applying to.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Tnot(m): 11:17am On Apr 15, 2015
lmuhopeful:

Bro, please don't waste your time coming to lagos tomorrow ooo. The embassy only certifies docs from Monday-Wednesday and from 8-11am. So you better go to Lagos on the weekend so you can make it for Monday or Tuesday and remember to take your complete docs original and photocopy with your intl passport and the filled application form of the uni that you are applying to.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nevilbot: 11:28am On Apr 15, 2015
Obiwannn:

the second sentence was/is totally unnecessary undecided

The statement is absolutely necessary in view of the question asked. All info abt time during which the embassy attends to students for different services are always up to date on dia webpage which can change at any time without any announcement. The

The fact that we are all aspiring to achieve something means loads of sacrifice most b put into it. There are some lil infos we don't need to come back to this group to ask wen we could spare less Dan 5 mins to confirm online.

Anoda person just stated he wants to leave osogbo tomorrow to come certify documents in Lagos without taking just 5 mins to verify if d place he is going to will work or not. Won't just spending 5 mins online spare him d stress of d joney to Lagos only for him to b disappointed?

If we just spare 1/10 of d time we spend on WhatsApp, pinging and d rest just on gathering some basic info and seek help wen we get to d more advanced one, den things will work beta

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by amahtrendy(f): 12:52pm On Apr 15, 2015
Obiwannn:

yeah...apply to as many as possible cos you may never knw

Thanks. Pls if u don't mind send some unis dat offer MSc BME dis winter
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Walesby: 5:48pm On Apr 15, 2015
Sorry if thz question doesn't flow with thz
thread".....I am in dilemma of making a choice
between studying, workin (during and after
programme) in either Germany or Canada. and
how possible is it for my spouse to join me after
my programme. Which country is prefareable base
on Cost, opportunities,Earnings,hospitabilty of the
country, strength of their economy and settling
down. I need urgent responses from any1 who
have stayed or has sum1 that has stayed in both
countries. Any info would help
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Tnot(m): 5:57pm On Apr 15, 2015
nevilbot:

The statement is absolutely necessary in view of the question asked. All info abt time during which the embassy attends to students for different services are always up to date on dia webpage which can change at any time without any announcement. The

The fact that we are all aspiring to achieve something means loads of sacrifice most b put into it. There are some lil infos we don't need to come back to this group to ask wen we could spare less Dan 5 mins to confirm online.

Anoda person just stated he wants to leave osogbo tomorrow to come certify documents in Lagos without taking just 5 mins to verify if d place he is going to will work or not. Won't just spending 5 mins online spare him d stress of d joney to Lagos only for him to b disappointed?

If we just spare 1/10 of d time we spend on WhatsApp, pinging and d rest just on gathering some basic info and seek help wen we get to d more advanced one, den things will work beta

Lol... smiley about me going to embassy tomorrow is not even possible because i don't even have E-passport yet. Una go bear with us no ni o...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nevilbot: 6:33pm On Apr 15, 2015
Oye50:
Guys please I want to know if the interview is conducted over the phone at the embassy or a face to face discussion. I observed a guy talking on the phone the day I went to open my account and I felt it could be his interview cos it took a while before he left the office

It used to be face to face inside the main building upstairs where u go into d same office with the V.O and av a nice discussion in a relaxed atmosphere. But after during the Ebola scare of late last year,d changed it to outside d main building over d telephone.

I did my inside but wia Eva dey eventually use, just go prepared and knock dem out. The ova d phone stuff could even b a plus to those who are bolder over d phone and sweat in a face to face setting

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 7:32pm On Apr 15, 2015
amahtrendy:
Thanks. Pls if u don't mind send some unis dat offer MSc BME dis winter
Go to daad.de/en and search. No harm doing this little research OYO smiley

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by manover: 7:50pm On Apr 15, 2015
Hello House quick answer needed concerning this. I have brother in UK, who is a British citizen, Can he sponsor me? He has a good job in UK, can he sponsor me? Becuase i heard is only German citizen that re allow to sponsor students.

I will appreciate if anyone with experience to guild me through if a british citizen can sponsor going to Germany to study. Thanks all
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 7:58pm On Apr 15, 2015
manover:
Hello House quick answer needed concerning this. I have brother in UK, who is a British citizen, Can he sponsor me? He has a good job in UK, can he sponsor me? Becuase i heard is only German citizen that re allow to sponsor students.

I will appreciate if anyone with experience to guild me through if a british citizen can sponsor going to Germany to study. Thanks all
I don't think so. Your sponsor should be in Germany (I'm 90% sure). Why don't you consider schooling in the UK instead? You have a sponsor who's a British citizen after all.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by manover: 8:04pm On Apr 15, 2015
Thanks for your response. tuition fee in UK universities are just too expensive. But Germany offer tuition free!
Williamso:

I don't think so. Your sponsor should be in Germany (I'm 90% sure). Why don't you consider schooling in the UK instead? You have a sponsor who's a British citizen after all.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by promise2(f): 8:38pm On Apr 15, 2015
Hi everyone, I am in kleve Germany near Duesseldorf for few days visit anyone in The house around this area? Please kindly pm let's especially students.

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.