Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Welcome To My Office - Career (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Welcome To My Office (147258 Views)

Photos Of My Office And Why I May Resign To Pursue My Music Career / The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. / I Rejected A 2 Year Bond By My Office Sending Me On A One Week Course To Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To My Office by tubabie(f): 6:51am On May 13, 2009
MrCrackles:

Yeah you are welcome!

Your movement is only restricted on the Arsenal threads!!! grin cheesy

So fire away, how has it been with your office?

This brashy guy again! angry sad grin
Stay out of my way please, but for that Arsenal thread, i have a pass to roam and frolic freely tongue cheesy

I will be off to my "office" in 2hrs, will report back in the evening peeps!
Re: Welcome To My Office by Cristalz(f): 5:46pm On May 13, 2009
Hey peepulz!! grin

Long time y'all.  .  .what's good? Long breaks away from the office are bad o.  .  .it's almost time to get back into corporate Naija and I so don't feel like it. The thought of suits and heels just takes a little shine outta my smile.  .  .gotten so used to my jeans and sneakers. But we gotta work to eat what we like, right? Maybe I should just go to some oil rich Arab country and marry the king's son. grin

@tubabie
  Hey, glad to see you in here. You're most welcome. grin Mindeth Brash not.  .  .in here he is a sweet angel. cheesy
So you're almost done with learning to make explosives? lol. Are you going to come back when you're through, or stay back there to work? Sha keep your gist coming.  .  .I like practical Chemistry. Making things explode is fun! grin

@Debo
  Training, training, training.  .  .at this rate your company will never let you go after investing so much in you.

@tollu
  You know T-Cann? Nice. grin The other time Jarus said a colleague of his is a Nairalander too. Still chilling like me or back at work? I decided to take an IT course, y'know, self-development and all. I've always had dreams of being a hacker. lol.

@otuwe
  Dearie, hope you're better. Try move on o.  .  .no point being in a relationship when it does you more harm than good.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jarus(m): 8:09pm On May 13, 2009
Started a 2-week leave on Monday. I'm in my home state(Kwara, but me I no dey arrest goat o grin) now, off from the hustlings and bustlings of Lagos,feeling the naturalness of Kwara, 'chopping' black amola wey I no fit get in Lagos, and on Mum's back again.

Had a long conference call with my boss and Auditors this morning, all the way from office.
Re: Welcome To My Office by tubabie(f): 11:12pm On May 13, 2009
Y'all it was a day with same old activities.
Am at a delicate stage where i have to make sure my results are reproducible.
You guys dont let me bore you with my technical stuff but what am doing is trying to deliver drugs through contact lenses to the eye.
I battled with sleep 3 hours to my closing time and paid dearly for it. Made a critical error in a 2hr long process and had to start all over again cry
Went to the gym for an hour then rushed home to watch manchester united wink
Great game, we won eventually! cheesy

@Everyone
have a swell day tomorrow wink

@Jarus
Have fun in Ilorin, i have got a soft spot for that place

@Crizzle
kiss

And where is MrCrackles? cool
Re: Welcome To My Office by douecho: 8:39am On May 14, 2009
Debosky!thanks for replying. will buzz u on IM later this evening. have a nice day at work today
Re: Welcome To My Office by tollu: 9:15pm On May 14, 2009
TKB
I'm aight jare. No worry, U r already somebody and u MUST be a bigger somebody.
I'll definitely holla when I gat news

Tubabie
U r Welcome. :-)

Cristalz
Welcome back to work and bear the wahala of the heels. E go better
Good thing as per the IT course. Been scouting around for a course to take also but havent found anything I really want.
I'm not at work yet, the prospects r there though.
I don't actually knw T-cann we just interviewd with the same peeps.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jarus(m): 5:53pm On May 15, 2009
Hey guys,
Just peeping at what's happening here, while I enjoy my leave.
Re: Welcome To My Office by MrCrackles(m): 7:49pm On May 15, 2009
tubabie:

And where is MrCrackles? cool

Right here babe

My patronage is gonna be limited around on this forum now

Got bigger fishes to grill plus other exciting stuffs keeping my palms moist! grin

Good to see you berthed nicely! cheesy kiss
Re: Welcome To My Office by tubabie(f): 7:58pm On May 15, 2009
MrCrackles:

Right here babe

My patronage is gonna be limited around on this forum now

Got bigger fishes too grill plus other exciting stuffs keeping my palms moist! grin

Good to see you berthed nicely! cheesy kiss

Aww nice then! cheesy
Re: Welcome To My Office by jericho: 5:52am On May 16, 2009
Hi there everybody, long time,

Been on a rollercoaster in the past few weeks.

Where shld i start from,

My crazy driver is still misbehaving. Gave him moeny to get a house, he got it but came back to tell me its too far and that i shld buy him a bike to commute to and from work. Tollu guess your are right about the guy. I don tire for the guy. I have given him till the end of this month to either shape up or ship out.

Being an employer of labour is sure not easy. You get to deal with all sorts of issues your staff are going thru. rom their marital to domestic and religious. I get to hear all sorts.

Leased a house in Ikoyi for a foreign client of mine. the Landlord acted as the lawyer that prepapred the agreement, sole agent and property manager and collected all fees in this regard. can u imagine.

On the whole, life's been good making new clients and of course u know wha comes with it. At least now i can get my life back after another dismal season by Arsenal occassioned by Wenger's questionable selection policies

To all the new folks otuwe, T cann et al i say welcome and to all d oldies TKB, jarus, Mr crackles, cristalz, ajanlekoko keep the thread alive.

Cheers.

J
Re: Welcome To My Office by tollu: 2:42pm On May 17, 2009
LOL Jericho
R u related to this ur driva in anywy? Kick him away jare and if you still want to be of help to him, do so from afar. He doesn't sound reliable at all.
Imagine! Give a mouse cookie nd he asks for a glass of milk. angry

Where is Ajanlekoko?
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 5:09pm On May 17, 2009
Hey all,

tollu:

Where is Ajanlekoko?

I've been around, just been more of a silent observer to this thread.
Finally done with my new product launch, moving to the next project, and focusing on some personal opportunities I'm chasing.
holla to all the guys. Hope life is treating you good, despite the harsh enviro.
BTW tollu, I see someone posted something about that Samsung stuff here. Whatever happened with that?
Re: Welcome To My Office by tubabie(f): 6:49pm On May 19, 2009
Hello everyone!

Office was sort of uneventful today.
So peaceful I sang along with the radio throughout today cheesy
Looked like everyone wanted to use the Spectromax today, so i just did more of processing and interpreting my results so far.
'Was so engrossed on Nland once today, i didnt know my Supervisor was behind me! grin no comments![size=5pt]but bless him, the guy has a heart of gold[/size]
Anyway just thought i'll come around here to chat!
Re: Welcome To My Office by TCann(m): 7:45pm On May 19, 2009
Hey,
how is it rolling on each y'all's end? God is control.
for all our peeps enjoying  a well deserved leave break, enjoy urselves maximally! cant say am envious of you,hope i get something similar soon.
@jericho
senior colleague jericho, welcome back in2 d house, was wondering how the draftings,document perfections and client conferencings could have kept u out of the show that long.welcome.
@tollu.
this long waiting is killing me slowly, any gist? but am prayin on, all the same. God dey.
@topic
nothing interesting for now,just same routine.

Where is TKB? bros, oi neva see ur mail o! anyhow, i guess it's loads of work.
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 7:40am On May 20, 2009
Where is TKB? bros, oi neva see ur mail o! anyhow, i guess it's loads of work.
Chief i got ur ID and i added you on my Instant Messenger.

I dont have the patience to send emails tho i may try to do that b4 the week runs out.

All the best man

@All
whats gwan?
been everywhere in 3 weeks. Doing an M&A deal that warrant shuttling Dakar, Accra and Cotonou.
Its making me sick as feeding has become an issue for me now

I couldnt get a proper meal in all ma stay in one popular French hotel chain in Cotonou.
Its actually bizzarre!!
No good soccer channel, no MTV Base no Channel O shocked shocked
Rubbish

The deal is going on as the parties involved are bent on closing the deal. I have CFA exam and im still working butt off.
i need to start playing lottery grin win some money, resign and start a life in my village

eyin people, laterz

Tollu whts gwan?
Re: Welcome To My Office by diggler(m): 7:57pm On May 20, 2009
Fellow Hustlers,

Sorry 4 my AWOL status for the past month or so.
I went on a course & tho i kept tabs on d thread, posting was a major challenge.

I can c all my peeps r doing what they know best.

Also i extended the warmest welcome greetings to d new folks.

Bizness is mad these days as we've been turned to Immigration/Ticket verification experts by these PTA/BTA seeking blokes.
60% of d requests we get r supported with OLUWOLE.com visas & Ethiopian Airline tickets.

Even dudes that dont know where d nearest airport is now front with their chinese visas & tickets.

As for me its all about the 'Dead CBN guvnors, Ziks head & Awo's head'.

Holla
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 8:29pm On May 20, 2009
Fellow Hustlers,

Sorry 4 my AWOL status for the past month or so.
I went on a course & tho i kept tabs on d thread, posting was a major challenge.

I can c all my peeps r doing what they know best.

Also i extended the warmest welcome greetings to d new folks.

Bizness is mad these days as we've been turned to Immigration/Ticket verification experts by these PTA/BTA seeking blokes.
[b]60% of d requests we get r supported with OLUWOLE.com visas & Ethiopian Airline tickets.[/b]Even dudes that dont know where d nearest airport is now front with their chinese visas & tickets.

As for me its all about the 'Dead CBN guvnors, Ziks head & Awo's head'.

Holla
grin grin grin 9ja for life!!
Re: Welcome To My Office by Renz(m): 5:15pm On May 21, 2009
Hello All,
I work for an Engineering and Construction Coy (O & G), i do the Planning, Scheduling and Management plus Other duties assigned like Tendering, Site Visit, etc. currently working on 3 projects plus more coming.

The most busy periods of my work is between the Last week of the Month and First week of the following month cos i had to compile reports, do my Monthly progress Report and submits to clents, do overall accessment and damn things.

Waoh, work today was ectic. I was preparing a Tender document for my Boss plus writing a report for the MD plus preparing a schedule for the ED, and guess what? every 5 mins each of these guys walks into my office and asks: My Boss; Bring the final Document in the next 15minutes, The MD; Finnished?, The ED; whats the Progress like?

And u know what that means, pressure from all Wings. But sometimes u can be free but when the buzyness starts u may not be able to go for launch. Currently I have cold & cough cos i have too many targets to meet plus the wheather is arch plus going home late plus leaving home early.

Thats it, see y'all 2morrow.

Good Luck!
Re: Welcome To My Office by tollu: 9:52pm On May 21, 2009
Welcome Back Ajanlekoko
A numba of things came up at the time I was supposed to start the Samsung thingy, and they were much more important. To cut a long story short, I burst Samsung real dreams o.

T-Cann
The waiting is the toughest part, wish they could just get it ova and done with. It's been 1 mth!
Let's just keep keeping hope alive. smiley

TKB
I just dey jare, dey try be like you. kiss

Diggler!!!!
It sure has been a while. Howdy?

Renz
My, you sound like a kettle of water on fire. E go better.
U r welcome on board smiley
Re: Welcome To My Office by Renz(m): 7:31am On May 22, 2009
A kettle of water on fire?? LoL

Well everybody is on Fire, the difference between each and everyone of us depends on the distance between the Kettle and the Fire. So the more close u are to the Fire, the more Heat u get.
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 8:40am On May 25, 2009
hey dudes n divas,
Hope you all had a splendid weekend, at least a quiet restful one like mine.
Thank God w have an extra day upcoming weekend. Will be planning a family outing for Friday, most likely.
On the work front, and especially PP front, all is well. In the industry I see zain has recovered from the sack of 300 nicely - by immediately declaring 200 or so vacancies for their new call center in Abuja! These corporates sha,
On the work front, I'm starting a new project billed for a September launch, so I need to dig in. Nothing must interfere with my August vacation to Europe and Yankee with the family, so I'm going to push hard in June and July.
On the PP runs, signed a couple of VAR agreements for some very niche products, already have a couple of deals on the table, money in the bank hopefully. I wonder why I still refer to the thing as PP, what with a real office and staff n all.
I have made one important resolution this week: I'm going to stay away from the Politics section on this Nairaland. Too many dudes high on the wrong stuff yapping there.
Peace all.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jarus(m): 9:45am On May 25, 2009
Hey all welcomers,

Happy to be back after two weeks leave.

Audit has finally ended. No arguing and explaining again.
Now I can face my normal, routine work.
Re: Welcome To My Office by maddock(m): 1:16pm On May 25, 2009
Hmm finally seen a thread that makes a whole lotta sense in this forunm. My office? men presently am so bored that am fast becoming a bore. Just change job and am a regional sales manager but the truth is that am gettin rusty cos no action here so so talk . but i do hope things change or else!. We have spent like four months restructuring,OMG wen are we going to stop retsructuring and get into action.
Top management job can be boring at times,i dont know about urs because this is strictly my personal opinion.
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 3:01pm On May 25, 2009
maddock:

Hmm finally seen a thread that makes a whole lotta sense in this forunm. My office? men presently am so bored that am fast becoming a bore. Just change job and am a regional sales manager but the truth is that am gettin rusty cos no action here so so talk . but i do hope things change or else!. We have spent like four months restructuring,OMG wen are we going to stop retsructuring and get into action.
Top management job can be boring at times,i dont know about urs because this is strictly my personal opinion.

You just have to create your own excitement, bro.
In which industry are you working?
Re: Welcome To My Office by maddock(m): 3:10pm On May 25, 2009
AjanleKoko:

You just have to create your own excitement, bro.
In which industry are you working?

Yes i agree with you,but i just have to take it easy with them especially in an environmant of this is how we have been doing it reigns supreme. As par creatin my own excitement my direct boss is a slow and steady man, while am a fast and steady but he is boss. After all dem see me before them employ am as MD. Anyway am in the pharma and health sector, whose turnover is over 4billion, so there is a lot of things to be done but u cant be too fast than your shadow. LOL
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 8:14am On May 28, 2009
Howdy all,
Very pleasant but busy week for me.
Of course I don't need to say yesterday 27th May was the icing on the cake for me. Visca la Barca o jare.
On the work front, a bit quiet. Couple of new projects, wanted to assign it to a team member only to hear through the GV that she's trying to change department.
On the PP front, finally inked a solid deal that will ensure some good seven figure cash.
Looking forward to the long weekend, and catching Terminator: Salvation on cinema. Always been a fan from the 80s.
Peace all, especially to the Man U fans.
Re: Welcome To My Office by otuwe(f): 11:58am On Jun 01, 2009
its a new week

and a new month

my new month resolution

NEVER MIX BUSINESS WITH PLEASEURE

av decided to move my office romance to an end, in the office, but ongoing outside the offcie

aint that sexy, daytime friends and nitetime lovers,
Re: Welcome To My Office by TCann(m): 12:11pm On Jun 07, 2009
Hey all
@tolu
Tolu, how was it, i mean the results? on yours sincerely side,nothing yet, but am still praying for the best.Let me your status cos this suspense is baaaaaad o!!!
Re: Welcome To My Office by TCann(m): 12:12pm On Jun 07, 2009
Hey all
@tolu
Tolu, how was it, i mean the results? on yours sincerely's side,nothing yet, but am still praying for the best.Let me know your status cos this suspense is killing baaaaaddddly o!!!
Re: Welcome To My Office by seunallday: 10:51am On Jun 08, 2009
hi all, me name is seun, new here, and enjoyin it thus far,, work in a stockbroking firm as, an operations/research/investment management/account officer/coporate finance whenever we hav dat brief/financial advisory to a very few clients,

work today has just been dulled, me boss is nt comin to work, guess the man want to rest after slugging it out wit cis level 3, yeye man grin he can give himself 3 weeks study leave, but only gave me one day to go and prepare for my cis, anyways God dey,

when the man shows sha, got a backlog of work, correspondences with CSCS, meetings with some clients, a pension mgt house, and a private equity client,, so till tomorrow, still loungin,

p.s twas me birthday yesterday so nairalanders, feel free to pop in tomorow for free chops and drinks, 7th floor, no47 marina rd
Re: Welcome To My Office by debosky(m): 12:34pm On Jun 08, 2009
@ Otuwe

I like that slogan - nighttime lovers. tongue But be careful though - it's not always easy to neatly compartmentalise life wink

I've not really been at work for 2 weeks now - vacation/team building/sailing trip, so I have a humungous email backlog that I need to sort through and dozens of requests made a while back that I'm just getting responses to.

Right now I need to do a 5 year emissions forecast that was due on the 27th of May, send out a fuel consumption estimate and search out information on some air quality modelling work done for us about 3 years ago. All this and I'm still trying to recover from three nights of partying, sailing, drinking and more sailing. sad

Needless to say, my goose is going to be well cooked if I don't get my act together soon.
Re: Welcome To My Office by tubabie(f): 1:16pm On Jun 08, 2009
debosky:

@ Otuwe

I like that slogan - nighttime lovers. tongue But be careful though - it's not always easy to neatly compartmentalise life wink

I've not really been at work for 2 weeks now - vacation/team building/sailing trip, so I have a humungous email backlog that I need to sort through and dozens of requests made a while back that I'm just getting responses to.

[b]Right now I need to do a 5 year emissions forecast that was due on the 27th of May, send out a fuel consumption estimate and search out information on some air quality modelling work done for us about 3 years ago. All this and I'm still trying to recover from three nights of partying, sailing, drinking and more sailing. sad[/b]Needless to say, my goose is going to be well cooked if I don't get my act together soon.

Looks like you got loads of work cut out for you. Good!
May have offered to help but wont, Only you 3 nights and days of fun ALONE!!! shocked
You had better get those tasks going before i personally cook that your goose properly for you, it is still rare now! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (77) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry / What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.