Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Welcome To My Office - Career (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Welcome To My Office (147197 Views)

Photos Of My Office And Why I May Resign To Pursue My Music Career / The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. / I Rejected A 2 Year Bond By My Office Sending Me On A One Week Course To Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To My Office by MrCrackles(m): 9:37am On Apr 24, 2009
Topic

Kinna laid-back week

The people affected by the restructuring processes which resulted in a few redundancies, will be working thier last day today

Two engineers from my department (Energy) are going leaving us two youngings to start running things

I sympathise with them both but to be honest, they are the two people i dont really enjoy working with, maybe because they are old heads!

There has not been a lot on the plate for me this week, apart from supervising projects i raised and managing them!

Looking forward to a one week holiday from next thursday now

Onto the other job, that aint going too bad apart from losing a cup final game on Monday night

We got robbed, with the referee giving our opponents a controversial penalty in the second half

We had our chances but didnt take them, so we ended up losing 2-1!

The supporters at the stadium were treated to a good game of footy and i ended up with another runner's up medal

Back to the league business wednesday night, last home game of the season and i was pleased to get on the scoresheet! cheesy

Two more games now and the season is over, cant wait, my body needs the rest, itz crazy!

Thank Goodness it's friday!

Crizzle, Tollu, TKB, Ajanlekoko, Jericho, Diggler, Jarus, Debosky, Mukinatrix, T-Cann, Lawyer, Otuwe, Debosky, Worldz and everybody else ~ WASSSSSSUUUPPPP
!!!!!! grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by pweetty1: 3:07pm On Apr 27, 2009
hi everyone,
Just stummbled on this thread, i must admit its worth it. one of the sensible threads i have encountered on NL.

@ topic
I guess am a baby compared to others in this thread. Finished NYSC late last year and got retained at my place of work. work in an NGO, a pet project owned by one of the govt. I work in the press unit, dont have a desingation yet cause av not been given a letter of appointment. angry Well it just a place for me to be so i dont stay at home like my other mates. I need a more challenging thou before i get used to this kind of life, i need to be on my toes.

Well well well, today has been kind of free av been reading this thread from the beginning to the last post. cheesy
Hope to hear more from you guys, hope i didnt join too late.
Re: Welcome To My Office by jericho: 7:33pm On Apr 27, 2009
@topic,

Been a hectic 2wks.

Pls am i the only one experiencing this power outage. Been running generators in the office for the past 1 week and at home for the last 3 weeks. The case in the house is that the transformer is bad and cost of replacement is about 2m. PHCN officials dont even send. Men i am tired of this country.Living and running a buz in this country is a chore.

Anyway how are u guys.

Wots been happening.
Re: Welcome To My Office by otuwe(f): 10:27pm On Apr 28, 2009
@amsly

my sister thanks for the advice

but please how did you end the official romance

cos i really need to end this one but its proving very difficult
Re: Welcome To My Office by amsly: 10:50am On Apr 29, 2009
@otuwe

u r welcome, you will have to come to a point where you need to make a decision by answering this question "is this relationship helping me grow or putting me down" , the honest answer to that question is your getaway. let me know how it goes.
Re: Welcome To My Office by TCann(m): 6:44pm On Apr 30, 2009
Hey good people,
wadups? d house is dry, work,work, work, i guess.
May God help all man,
am out for now sha.
Re: Welcome To My Office by tollu: 8:46pm On Apr 30, 2009
Hello my peeps, where is everybody? Work palaver abi? E go better.

Hey Crackles, I'm aight jare
Sorry abt the loss at the finals for that matter. cry

Jericho[/b]That's Naija o. No enabling environment for businesses.

You are welcome on board [b]Pweety
. I see ur name frequently on naijahotjobs, one and the same?

T-cann
Sounds like we have a prospective employer in common. Nobody said anything abt being impressed abt me sha o. lol
All the best with that.
Re: Welcome To My Office by otuwe(f): 12:32am On May 03, 2009
amsly:

@otuwe

u r welcome, you will have to come to a point where you need to make a decision by answering this question "is this relationship helping me grow or putting me down" , the honest answer to that question is your getaway. let me know how it goes.

but this one is doing a bit of both

plssss what do i do sad sad sad sad cry cry
Re: Welcome To My Office by mukina2: 12:58am On May 03, 2009
Office people i hail o cheesy

Tollu
i dey vex for you oh angry grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by pweetty1: 12:03pm On May 04, 2009
Yes Tollu, am the same person. smiley
How is work everybody? Take care and have a good week.
Re: Welcome To My Office by otuwe(f): 11:25pm On May 04, 2009
I NEED A NEWWWWW JOBBBBBBBBB

MY JOB SUCKKSSSSSSS

SOMEBODY HELLPPPPPPP
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 9:14am On May 05, 2009
Hey all,
Been a bit silent but observing. I've had an unusually busy couple of weeks; we are close to launching a new product, and I have a couple personal projects keeping me busy.
Welcome to all the newbies on the thread. but na females plenty pass sha. We need to keep you ladies more busy in and out of work o! Just kidding.
Can't wait for this week to run out, in fact, so i can go back to my normal idle pastime jare, also known as 'senior management'.

Y'all take care and wish us luck (Barca) tomorrow as we attempt to splatter the Bridge with the many fragments of Chel-sick!
Re: Welcome To My Office by TCann(m): 8:23pm On May 05, 2009
T-cann
Sounds like we have a prospective employer in common. Nobody said anything abt being impressed abt me sha o. lol
All the best with that

@TOLLU
Most likely!! i wouldnt want to doubt u, since i gave enuf clues for a smart person as you to decipher fairly well. never mind the omission of their comment,God's comment matters d most, and we re successful prima facie i pray for d best for us(amen), as we wait.
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 7:50pm On May 07, 2009
Hey all,
Hope you're having a swell time this week.
Today was yet another busy day this week, upcoming product launch in a couple days, busy with personal biz, too tired from overcelebrating Barca's skin-of-the-teeth last-gasp ouster of Chelsea (what a game!)

Only to be soured by the news of many industry colleagues from Zain being let go (about 300). Fairly okay severance package though, 3 months salary gross, 1 month additional for every year you served the company, 6 months free airtime, medical till the end of the year. I say fairly okay cos I know most banks will throw you out on your behind without so much as a by-your-leave.

Sad day for a lot of us, but my personal, maybe cynical opinion is that we humans need to realize that the most constant thing in life is change, and we all have to prepare and brace up for the various inevitables life will surely throw at us as we continue in the journey.

Ah well, nuff philosophizing. Looking forward to the weekend, got lots of stuff lined up (none of which have anything to do with fun, really).

cheers guys and have a good one. Sorry to all Chelsea fans. I love you all, but can't stand the club (brutes)!
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 8:36pm On May 07, 2009
300 people sacked shocked shocked shocked
anyone who sacks me now will only hasten my career growth
ill just go straight to class to do my MBA in a top school and complete my CFA

sometimes a sack can be a blessing.
as for me o, a sack means go back to school grin grin grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by debosky(m): 8:51pm On May 07, 2009
Sacking again? So even naija is being hit bad by the meltdown. Just got a message on fb from one of my ex-colleagues in Canada - all the contractors and summer students have been axed as well. Na only God dey keep pesin for job.

@ otuwe

it might be bad but you might want to look on the brighter side and be grateful to have a job to complain about wink

Work is hectic for me right now, these cats are throwing all sorts of things from 'up above' for us to comply with. Plus I need to start pulling my weight around here cos I might be thrown off somewhere else in another 5 months so my loose ends have to be tied up.

Been trying to get a new emissions trading permit application out since March but the big dude has gotten married, taken vacations and done virtually everything possible to avoid me. But na lie, next week this matter must end. I'm just scared to see the response of the regulator since he said I should've submitted in December but I stalled to get some major issues sorted out first. With carbon prices as low as ever right now, no one is pressing as much as before.

It's going to be hard to focus this next couple of weeks - in and out of the office a lot on site visits, training, vacation and the like. Hopefully I'll get some good work done and fill in my experience requirements quickly.

Some naija dude started a volunteer role with the site today, now there'll be two black people for them to mix up. grin grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 8:52am On May 08, 2009
Sacking again? So even naija is being hit bad by the meltdown. Just got a message on fb from one of my ex-colleagues in Canada - all the contractors and summer students have been axed as well. Na only God dey keep pesin for job.
na true u talk
im prepared for any eventuality o especially since im in the financial sector of the economy.
B4 they say sac. . . . . i don do the Usain Bolt thing

for real, i want to do my MBA in yankee but maybe na when person sack me sha cos i cant leave my work lailai grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by otuwe(f): 11:06pm On May 08, 2009
cried today over the office guy

but thats definitely the laast tear i will shed for him

i am sooooo moving on now,
Re: Welcome To My Office by tollu: 1:07pm On May 09, 2009
Muki gurl[/b]Y u dey vex for me now? I sent u an email, didn't u get it?

[b]T-Cann[/b]See u at training school then

[b]Ajanlekoko[/b]Well, the only thing souring the Barca win is the blu murder being screamed by the Chelsea fans and somehow, they deserve to scream

[b]Tkb

Bawo nii? Don't pray for a sack o, u prolly won't get it. Doesn't u organization have a study leave programme?
Re: Welcome To My Office by mukina2: 1:09pm On May 09, 2009
tollu:

Muki gurl
Y u dey vex for me now? I sent u an email, didn't u get it?

T-Cann
See u at training school then

Ajanlekoko
Well, the only thing souring the Barca win is the blu murder being screamed by the Chelsea fans and somehow, they deserve to scream

Tkb
Bawo nii? Don't pray for a sack o, u prolly won't get it. Doesn't u organization have a study leave programme?

ehh ehhh . .i didnt see it o . .i'll resend my email to you in a min . .

cuz i dey vex oh angry wink
Re: Welcome To My Office by tollu: 1:26pm On May 09, 2009
Mukina
I'll send u another mail with anoda email address smiley

Pweety!
Yeah, I thot as much. All the best with the hunt o

[b]Otuwe[/b]Gurl, u is in a big mess!
Re: Welcome To My Office by mukina2: 1:54pm On May 09, 2009
aight sweedie i dey wait kiss kiss
Re: Welcome To My Office by douecho: 11:59pm On May 09, 2009
Debosky, abeg, we need to gist oh. got lots of questions to ask you (ok,maybe not lots but one). can see you're into project management stuff. need some ideas.
Just finishing my Msc project management in abz and I absolutly love to be a project manager. However, dont think many company's will be very keen on hiring a PM with less than 2 years of relevant experience. Will it be a complete waste of my Msc to accept a position as a grad engineer?
Please, u still online?
And please, anyone who can, please say what they think.
Re: Welcome To My Office by TCann(m): 2:07am On May 10, 2009
Hey y'all!

How every? and life in our go-slow system.

@tbk417
bro,longest time, no hear, pls i nid to av an off-forum small time with u for some candid advice, just joined a fin services relevant prof exam wagon,still in d spirit of aligning well for that route, just some ques and il be as clear as air.How work? dont worry,sack no dey for ur portfolio, that na why u no go fit get any anticipated returns(quick escape 4 mba) and God will remove one of its inherent risks[/b]frm u 4 now(variance/sd??)-N0 pay pepper!! lol. sure say u understd!

[b]@tollu

Cant wait to demask u in d trainning school, that face behind the NL veil! lol
May God ractify our supplications.pls kip me posted as our blessing of the year unfolds- toni.cann@gmail.com(whenever i get a mail from you tru this addy,il send u a reply thru my personal email)so that we can kip d info flowing. thkx gee.

@topic
God dey,i'm good,, nobody go kill john bull for im mama! just within 7 months, av known surrounding towns where someone who has been stayin in Abk for yrs havent visited, God dey!,i just pray that all these runz will soon be bringin in d solid peeeeeeee,
Re: Welcome To My Office by tollu: 7:18pm On May 10, 2009
Amen T-Cann and as soon as there's good news, I'll definitely holla.
Toodles
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 10:58am On May 12, 2009
Tollu
wassup gurlie. How are u? long time no talk grin
ive been running up and down trying to be somebody.
when u get the job, holla o

T-Cann
Pally how far?
i got your portofolio/returns risk analysis grin grin grin
where do u want us to talk?
Yahoo or how?

if its yahoo, ill tell one of the MOD to send my yahoomail to you
cheers
Re: Welcome To My Office by TCann(m): 4:28pm On May 12, 2009
@TKB
thanks gee,pls we can IM on teecannrecruiting@yahoo.com temporarily, so that i can get ur mobile and email addy from there, like that,we can shoot and who knows, we may share 1 or 2 ideas beyond d agenda,u can neva tell. thanks tho grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 5:13pm On May 12, 2009
T-Cann
cool man. Gotcha and ive added you already
u can take off ur ID.

so buzz me anytime tho i may appear offline.
If im on, ill respond.
take it easy
Re: Welcome To My Office by tubabie(f): 9:11pm On May 12, 2009
Hi Y'all
Just discovered this place today after ages smiley
Am welcome i guess!

I don't have a proper office now, used to have one last year.
Am about to conclude my Masters programme in Chemical Engineering.
My office for the past 2 month has been my laboratory.
I do 9-5pm everyday but am having fun(i guess tongue).

Happy to be here and would try to stop by daily.
Re: Welcome To My Office by debosky(m): 9:18pm On May 12, 2009
douecho:

Debosky, abeg, we need to gist oh. got lots of questions to ask you (ok,maybe not lots but one). can see you're into project management stuff. need some ideas.
Just finishing my Msc project management in abz and I absolutly love to be a project manager. However, dont think many company's will be very keen on hiring a PM with less than 2 years of relevant experience. Will it be a complete waste of my Msc to accept a position as a grad engineer?
Please, u still online?
And please, anyone who can, please say what they think.

Absolutely not a waste. You don't have to be a project manager instantly simply because you have a degree in project management. You could start off as a graduate engineer, do some project engineering roles and gradually build up the full set of competencies required to be a true project manager. Most people who lead projects do not do a qualification and simply step into the role - their credibility as project managers emanates from having done a variety of roles themselves before getting into the project leading role.

That said, it all depends on the type of project management you want to engage in. If you're interested in non-engineering projects then maybe you can seek a role in management consultancy, but I still feel that a grad engineer role will give you lots of opportunities to practice project management.

You can buzz me onĀ  IM (name is in my profile) so we can talk further.

Speaking of project management, I'm on a course at the moment -gruelling 8 hour days with reading assignments. I fought to stay awake after lunch to day because I slept late (as usual). grin Thank goodness it'll all be over tomorrow. cheesy

On the other hand, I'm sure there's a ton of stuff that I'll need to do when I get back into work on Thursday. I need a vacation ASAP! sad
Re: Welcome To My Office by otuwe(f): 11:37pm On May 12, 2009
tollu:

b]Otuwe[/b]Gurl, u is in a big mess!

YEAH TELL ME ABOUT IT

BUT AM GETTING OUT OF THAT MESS ALREADY

THANK GOD
Re: Welcome To My Office by MrCrackles(m): 11:43pm On May 12, 2009
tubabie:

Hi Y'all
Just discovered this place today after ages smiley
Am welcome i guess!

Yeah you are welcome!

Your movement is only restricted on the Arsenal threads!!! grin cheesy

So fire away, how has it been with your office?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (77) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry / What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.