Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? (34370 Views)

What does a lady mean when She Says "I Was There For Him" / What Do People Mean When They Say They Are "In An Open Relationship"? / What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? by minstrelSilva(m): 10:30am On Jan 20, 2015
Ever heard of an "exclusive" relationship.........itz d direct opp. Of n open relatnshp..........has nth 2 do wid hapiness or morals.....
Re: What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? by adedayourt(m): 10:30am On Jan 20, 2015
Olosho relationship
Re: What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? by allanphash7(m): 10:34am On Jan 20, 2015
like Open University!

Wo, SAIBUHARI
Re: What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? by Hilles(m): 10:34am On Jan 20, 2015
being in a relationship where you allowed to always try something new with new people I think.. ... its sounds really fun shaa
Re: What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? by Teddilicious: 10:34am On Jan 20, 2015
Being in an open rlatnsp allows both partners get involved in oda acts dat wld nt neccessarily be permitted in an exclusive one.a girl wit a serious bf cld av an aristo givin her cash/sex wit d knowledge of her bf wu might b ok wit it cos d cash is comin in.stuff lik dat ...
Re: What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 20, 2015
there is nothin one will not hear. Witch one be open relationship kwa

Y don't dey rather let go?
Re: What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? by elohorayodele: 10:39am On Jan 20, 2015
An advanced form of FWB
Re: What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? by Capitano1(m): 10:40am On Jan 20, 2015
It literally means u are single ,and wide open to any dick and Harry

. .
SWEAT TOO MUCH Call now or order now as offer last
/sweatfree
It's our job to see you dry
Re: What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? by AreaFada2: 10:42am On Jan 20, 2015
In the 9ja context, most people who put it in their profile don't really know what it means. It's mostly copycat.

It is usually NOT in agreement with their boyfriend or girlfriend.

For most, it means "I'm not engaged & I'm not married". In today's world, playing away if dating only is just normal to many people.

Worry more about those with 3 or 4 bf or gf or even married, yet don't even put anything under relationship status. Very common on fb.
Re: What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? by AJOT99(m): 10:43am On Jan 20, 2015
It means u need to pray more

Re: What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? by lonelydora: 10:48am On Jan 20, 2015
U r in a relationship but can still nack other girls without fear of being caught.
Re: What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? by kelvinnn(m): 10:50am On Jan 20, 2015
Is beta nt to b in any relationship at all ....than to be in an open relationship.
Re: What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? by slap1(m): 10:52am On Jan 20, 2015
Means while eating egusi soup, you could as well taste okro if you want. And so could the other person.
Re: What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? by portaableg(f): 10:54am On Jan 20, 2015
Open relationship.>>>>>>>No relationship.
Re: What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? by condralbede(m): 10:59am On Jan 20, 2015
portaableg:
Waooo...That means I am in Open relationship be that.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 20, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Test the waters 'two can play the game' grin

Just two? MANY can actually play the game. As many as possible
Re: What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 20, 2015
portaableg:

No ma! It means 'im in a relationship but allowed to get into another one while still in the present one'
Re: What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? by Wenom: 11:04am On Jan 20, 2015
[b][/b]
ronald4lif:

I am not sure you are right. I beg to differ not any/every girl in an open relationship is out for financial gratification. There are some who are in a relationship that has no focus or direction, or in an abusive relationship, so they are open to meeting someone who is focus, responsible, and treats them right. We don't expect a girl in her mid twenties and above to be in a relationship with an undergraduate or even a graduate who has refused to sit up and make his life useful, do we? A lady who's looking forward to settling down in a few years can't be faulted for wanting a defining relationship.

Also, I noticed you conveniently avoided guys who are in an open relationship for more mind blowing sex. Interesting really.

I don't really understand the SETTLING DOWN part,was the lady agitated before..come to think of it,why do people classify marriage as settling down,last timei checked 85% of marriages don't work so how come peeps view marriage as settling down?
It sounds pretty absurd and kinda pisses me off when peeps say that...jst saying
Re: What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? by FrenchyL(m): 11:13am On Jan 20, 2015
A legal stance to commit fornication or adultery grin grin
Re: What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? by Nasty22(m): 11:13am On Jan 20, 2015
Cud more or less be defined as friends with benefits thingy...
Re: What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? by mizzsmilez(f): 11:16am On Jan 20, 2015
Means you can forck anyone and not feel guilt since he/she is doing it too.
Re: What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? by udysweet(f): 11:17am On Jan 20, 2015
Trust you! *just passing by o chewing my bitter kola*
Prixus:

yes. sure. u must find a partner who agrees to it. it's not common but it's d best. of all d relationships a girl or guy will have in life only one leads to marriage so when u r still young y should u limit ursef to one partner who u will still break up with after a while? most girls nowadays by 20 hv had 3 or more bfs so who's deceiving who? there's no such thing as love btw such young one. so it's best to keep ur options open.
Re: What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? by ronald4lif(m): 11:21am On Jan 20, 2015
Wenom:
[b][/b]

I don't really understand the SETTLING DOWN part,was the lady agitated before..come to think of it,why do people classify marriage as settling down,last timei checked 85% of marriages don't work so how come peeps view marriage as settling down?
It sounds pretty absurd and kinda pisses me off when peeps say that...jst saying

You have a valid point, I reckon you are widely traveled or an exposed person to have rightly pointed that out. Settling down is not all about marriage, I know couples can still live their lives happily forever without getting married. Marriage is just a piece of paper and it doesn't determine the length of a union between two people. However, I was only talking from the Nigerian (or say religious) point of view, where the idea of couples living and growing old together without a pen in the paper called marriage is frowned upon.
Re: What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? by Nobody: 11:26am On Jan 20, 2015
ronald4lif:
Open relationship means the person is in an unhappy or unstable relationship and is open to give someone better a try. Prolly don't want to let go of their present partner until a new and better person come into their life

Then what does "it's complicated" mean?
Re: What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? by 9jatatafo(m): 11:30am On Jan 20, 2015
Open relationship is when both parties agree that they can have sexual relationship outside their marriage or courtship. Like not much commitment and we can say the boy/man is playboy and the girl or woman a runs babe
Re: What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 20, 2015
udysweet:
Trust you! *just passing by o chewing my bitter kola*
sweetim...u know my way nah...lol...but have I offended u? u no even dey get my time again nowadays.
Re: What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 20, 2015
mizzsmilez:
Means you can forck anyone and not feel guilt since he/she is doing it too.
pretty!!! I like d way u talk
Re: What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 20, 2015
One night stands - Friends with benefits - Open relationship

I run if a guy makes one of these 3 proposals angry
Re: What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? by ronald4lif(m): 11:41am On Jan 20, 2015
thaikun15:

Then what does "it's complicated" mean?

The both of them are relative. Only difference is that someone in a complicated relationship is not ready to let go but kinda determine to straighten things up whereas someone in an open relationship may have given up on working things out but rather open for new dates.
Re: What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 20, 2015
Asin u open,me sef open ,anytime we want we open,closing is cheating ur partner when especially he/she feels the need to open. Basically.

Open relationship is to open
Re: What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 20, 2015
Polyamorous is better. In love with multiple babes and they know each other and accept it that way. No cheating. Still searching for people like that in Naija. Over 2yrs now searching...no lady is accepting. Jealous ladies everywhere.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Husband And I...(A Short Story) / "Before Sex, He Promised Marriage But He Stopped Talking About It Now" - Lady / My Wedding; You Are All Invited.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.