Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate (27690 Views)

Dino Melaye In ABU To Collect His Certificate (Photos) / Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List / Najatu Muhammad Rejects Buhari’s Appointment, Becomes First Person To Do So (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate by repogirl(f): 11:00am On Jan 20, 2015
chronique:
Abeg,in the next gulder ultimate search,let them ask the contestants to look for Buhari's certificate so he can find it on time and use it in contesting in 2019.
classic!! Guy, I give you a standing ovation. Encore!

6 Likes

Re: Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate by PStacks(m): 11:00am On Jan 20, 2015
Since the PDP has proven over and over again that they are illiterates, then let them Go to court!

Is Tanbuwal not still the Speaker today?

I thought it wasn't clear to them the position of the law when tambuwal defected to APC.

PDP say Tambuwal isn't speaker and APC said tambuwal is speaker and Tambuwal is still speaker as we speak..

PDP and ignorance are synonymous.

Since PDP are always ignorant, let them go and ask the Court if Buhari is an Illiterate.
Re: Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate by EnigmAries(m): 11:00am On Jan 20, 2015
chukwudi44:

You can get confirmation from waec if you misplaced your certificates. It only takes seven days.
This can not be said for Buhari who sat for the exams probably more than 50 years ago. Now the military has photocopies of these certificates and PDP knows this. Like I said, the General owes them no explanation whatsoever. They should go to court.
Re: Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate by ishiamu(m): 11:01am On Jan 20, 2015
munex007:
You wishing your fellow human being death cos of power tussle?

Are you the giver of Life?

te author=ishiamu post=29958200]

Gej is living buhari is dead thank you

I interpreted his idiom
Re: Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate by ApexTitan(m): 11:03am On Jan 20, 2015
EnigmAries:
Now, this's what you'd find at the back of every WASSC "the West African Examination Council will not issue any copies of the original Certificate". And on my school leaving certificate "...if lost or destroyed, no copy will be issued". Same on my B.Sc and others. I don't know what's on yours. May be you try damage one of them and apply for another one. To even think someone who attended the Military Training College in kaduna; the Mons Officer Cadet School in the United Kingdom; and the Army War College in the United States has no school Cert is moronic. My father was a retired General and what I'm certain about is that, while you can be selected to study in the War College by quota system of federal character, Sandhust will not accept you without requisite qualifications. If PDP are sincere, they should go to court.

If his WAEC certificate itself is destroyed and he cannot get a reprint I'm certain Buhari's secondary school can issue a statement of result, that's just as valid as the certificate itself. (I know for sure also that my Bachelor's degree does not bear any statement saying it will not be reissued if damaged.)

Unless the report was false PDP has indeed stated that they will be taking this matter up in the courts. Until then people will continue to make all kinds of speculation just because Buhari let this linger for so long.

3 Likes

Re: Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate by onatisi(m): 11:06am On Jan 20, 2015
EnigmAries:
The Army already agreed to having a copy, so what's the buzz about. #GEJshowusyourthesis
beautiful !then what stops buhari a former general in the army from requesting a copy from them and turning it over to inec? And please don't give us that dog shit excuse that inec should go and ask the military board. The military is a seperate institution on its own and they can decide to give it out or not. But buhari who knows the importance of it to his political career should be motivated enough to ask them for it since according to you he is likely to win the elections. Is that enough motivation to go all out and get it?

7 Likes

Re: Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate by Doyin2(m): 11:07am On Jan 20, 2015
Another hooey!

Section 31 of the electoral act is very clear:

31. -(1) Every political party shall not later than 60 days before the date appointed
for a general election under the provisions of this Act, submit to the
Commission in the prescribed forms the list of the candidates the Party
proposes to sponsor at the elections.

(2) The list or information submitted by each candidate shall be accompanied
by an Affidavit sworn to by the candidate at the High Court of a State,
indicating that he has fulfilled all the constitutional requirements for election
into that office.

(3) The Commission shall, within 7 days of the receipt of the personal
particulars of the candidate, publish same in the constituency where the
candidate intends to contest the election.

(4) Any person may apply to the Commission for a copy of nomination form,
affidavit and any other document submitted by a candidate at an election and
the Commission shall, upon payment of a prescribed fee, issue such person
with a certified copy of document within 14 days‖.

(5) Any person who has reasonable grounds to believe that any information
given by a candidate in the affidavit or any document submitted by that
candidate is false may file a suit at the High Court of a State or Federal High court…

According to section 318 of the constitution:

"School Certificate or its equivalent" means
(a) a Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent, or Grade II Teacher’s Certificate, the City and Guilds Certificate; or
(b) education up to Secondary School Certificate level; or
(c) Primary Six School Leaving Certificate or its equivalent and -
(i) service in the public or private sector in the Federation in any capacity acceptable to the Independent National Electoral Commission for a minimum of ten years, and
(ii) attendance at courses and training in such institutions as may be acceptable to the Independent National Electoral Commission for periods totalling up to a minimum of one year, and
(iii) the ability to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language to the satisfaction of the Independent National Electoral Commission, and
(d) any other qualification acceptable by the Independent National Electoral Commission

Next month is Febuhari..
Re: Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate by judondasylva(m): 11:07am On Jan 20, 2015
menesheh:
My man where is ur cert

Few foolish Nigerians shouting Change

Where will the change come from
well spot on. Carry go my brother
Re: Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate by onatisi(m): 11:08am On Jan 20, 2015
ApexTitan:

If his WAEC certificate itself is destroyed and he cannot get a reprint I'm certain Buhari's secondary school can issue a statement of result, that's just as valid as the certificate itself. (I know for sure also that my Bachelor's degree does not bear any statement saying it will not be reissued if damaged.)

Unless the report was false PDP has indeed stated that they will be taking this matter up in the courts. Until then people will continue to make all kinds of speculation just because Buhari let this linger for so long.

please kindly tell dem ooo. Because these apc babies can't understand what they read .

2 Likes

Re: Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate by Objektive: 11:09am On Jan 20, 2015
WITHOUT FSLS AND WAEC THE HIGHEST RANK YOU CAN GET IN THE NIGERIAN ARMY IS WARRANT OFFICER II. THE FACT THAT BUHARI IS A GENERAL SHOWS HOW CORRUPTION WORKS IN NIGERIA.

AFTER BENEFITING FROM YEARS OF BRIBERY & CORRUPTION FROM BIRTH TILL DATE. YOU COME OUT AND PREACH AGAINST CORRUPTION?

STORY FOR THE GODS FAILBUHARI IS YOUR FINAL BUS STOP.

Descartes:
"The fact that he got away with it in
2003, 2007 and 2011 does not
make it right. The minimum that
Nigerians require from Buhari is
the presentation of his secondary
school certificate which enabled him to gain admission into the
Nigerian Military College in 1962
and on which basis he became a
commissioned officer of the
Nigerian Army."-FFK
It is very shameful that up till now Buhari has not shown us the WASC he claimed that he obtained.

1 Like

Re: Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate by EnigmAries(m): 11:09am On Jan 20, 2015
ApexTitan:

Let them go to court. We're waiting. We all know how they always lose in this kind of case. I can assure you that the PDP will not approach any court. They know what they are doing and we're enjoying it.
Re: Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate by onatisi(m): 11:13am On Jan 20, 2015
Doyin2:
Another hooey!

Section 31 of the electoral act is very clear:

31. -(1) Every political party shall not later than 60 days before the date appointed

indicating that he has fulfilled all the constitutional requirements for election
into that office.

candidate is false may file a suit at the High Court of a State or Federal High court…

According to section 318 of the constitution:

"School Certificate or its equivalent" means
(a) a Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent, or Grade II Teacher’s Certificate, the City and Guilds Certificate; or
(i) service in the public or private sector in the Federation in any capacity acceptable to the Independent National Electoral Commission for a minimum of ten years, and
(ii) attendance at courses and training in such institutions as may be acceptable to the Independent National Electoral Commission for periods totalling up to a minimum of one year, and
(iii) the ability to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language to the satisfaction of the Independent National Electoral Commission, and
(d) any other qualification acceptable by the Independent National Electoral Commission

Next month is Febuhari..
these are just the basic requirements. Each political office has its own requirements as well. Eg.the educational requirement to contest a presidential is higher than the one to contest a councilorship .a pry six sch cert hold can't contest for the presidential seat.

1 Like

Re: Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate by EnigmAries(m): 11:19am On Jan 20, 2015
onatisi:
beautiful !then what stops buhari a former general in the army from requesting a copy from them and turning it over to inec? And please don't give us that dog shit excuse that inec should go and ask the military board. The military is a seperate institution on its own and they can decide to give it out or not. But buhari who knows the importance of it to his political career should be motivated enough to ask them for it since according to you he is likely to win the elections. Is that enough motivation to go all out and get it?
The military board denied ever having his certificate and then had to make a u-turn the next day? There is a procedure for getting the copies. Tell your policiARMY to release it on time. Even when they do, PDP will never see it until Jonathan can be admitted into the War College without presenting his WASSC.
Re: Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate by judondasylva(m): 11:21am On Jan 20, 2015
oluvick:
I see no reason why this certificate issue is taking so long. The law is clear. The Constitution is to be obeyed!

Why should a man clamoring for change be the one involved in this kind of fraudulent act?

If you are a supporter of good and wish our future generations good (even the present youth), please look into this matter, genuinely.

tell them my brother
Re: Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate by judondasylva(m): 11:22am On Jan 20, 2015
ApexTitan:
This isn't right. If the people who are clamouring for change continue to overlook this matter they are indirectly showing everyone else that their motives aren't genuine.

The same goes for people who say that they don't care what Buhari presents or that this certificate issue is irrelevant, they thereby indicate that they are willing to bring about a change built on deception and dishonesty. Nothing lasting can come from deception.

Buhari should come clean on this certificate issue: present it and end this saga or tell Nigerians the true situation of things!
true talk
Re: Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate by melomelo: 11:22am On Jan 20, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
But where is the 'CERTY'. . .?
ASIWAJU 'the forger' should have taken care of this na.
Common school cert? undecided
ASIWAJU, OBASANJO AND FASHOLA WILL EASILY USE THERE POSITION TO FORGE CERTY FOR BUHARY IN OLUWOLE-IN-LAGOS. SHIKENNA
Re: Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate by ilovecritics(m): 11:29am On Jan 20, 2015
OgologoDimkpa:
Buhari is a confirmed olodo!
He is a cattle rearer and he wants to rule Nigeria. angry
He must provide his WAEC certificate.

Btw, APC felt they have monopoly of words? THey've been calling GEJ different names all these while but just
a little punch GoV. Fayose gave them yesterday, all of them are crying fowl.
Yeye peope!

I so love this!!!

This is just the beginning.. They started it!
Dancing Shoki*

GEJ 2015*
Re: Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate by Doyin2(m): 11:29am On Jan 20, 2015
onatisi:
these are just the basic requirements. Each political office has its own requirements as well. Eg.the educational requirement to contest a presidential is higher than the one to contest a councilorship .a pry six sch cert hold can't contest for the presidential seat.

Please can you quote the section of the law that says that.

Anyway,GMB has more than school cert.He has complied fully with the laws of the land.I admire his calmness over this nonsensical hooey.

Section 31 of the Electoral Act and 318 of the constitution are very clear:

ELECTORAL ACT
into that office.

CONSTITUTION SECTION 318

..."School Certificate or its equivalent" means

Re: Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate by munex007(m): 11:32am On Jan 20, 2015
You mean you support what fayose did yesterday?

ishiamu:

I interpreted his idiom
Re: Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate by Dlionsheart: 11:39am On Jan 20, 2015
Bishop4bella:
What made mr president to accepted sai Buhari certificate 2011 will make you accept it this era of change 2015.

YOU'RE AS ILLITERATE AS BUHARI embarassed lipsrsealed embarassed
Is your ear paining you? Can't you get it into your amagiri skull that in 2011 election, there were no requirements any where for any aspirants to attach credentials (certificates) to the form while filling it. This means that you can only state that you went to school in so so and so and obtained so so and so certificates without presenting it and it will be accepted. But in 2015 election, you have to state it, attach it and INEC will publish it.

MUMU, DID YOU UNDERSTAND NOW?
Re: Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate by PhockPhockMan: 11:42am On Jan 20, 2015
Speakdatruth:
u talk nonsense wit confidence. on wot rule did he contested 3times? was inec dumb 2hav bin bypassd 3times wit either a fake certificate or no certificate? u just dont hav a point. bloody saTANist
Does stealing thrice without being caught make stealing right?
I even feel ashamed that an illiterate like Buhari was once a head of state of my country.

NEVER AGAIN.
Re: Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate by Doyin2(m): 11:44am On Jan 20, 2015
Dlionsheart:

In civilised countries,citizens respect their Generals,they do not call them illiterates.

Anyway,GMB is not an illiterate by any global standards.A general that has been trained in one of the best degree awarding military institutions in the world(local and international).

Section 31 of the Electoral Act and 318 of the constitution are very clear:

ELECTORAL ACT
into that office.

CONSTITUTION SECTION 318

Re: Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate by samplegirl(f): 11:46am On Jan 20, 2015
mirakecrea8:
in JEGA's voice; PdP go to court very simple

They will still goooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate by CyberWolf: 11:47am On Jan 20, 2015
EnigmAries:
The Army already agreed to having a copy, so what's the buzz about. #GEJshowusyourthesis
And that's why I said that PDP's legal team should write to the military board demanding the photocopy since they said they don't have the original copy. Besides, why is it so difficult for GMB to present the original to INEC?
Re: Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate by hardbody: 11:49am On Jan 20, 2015
I am even going beyond his qualification to stand election. He should have all the subsequent certificates he fraudulently obtained withdrawn from him. He should be de-commissioned from the army and sacked. This is what the academia does to students who are found to have obtained admission fraudulently without the basic and requisite GCE OR SSCE. We cannot be bending the rules for some people. How can a fraudster arrest and tame fraud. We will end up a country with fraudulent certificate or no certificate holders attaining the highest offices and governing well read gentlemen. What a shame. Buhari is not even smart. His affidavit should have said the Certificate was burnt. I am sure any school he claims he attended will most probably not have a complete set of the results of graduands or better still, any almajiri school in the North would have provided him a certified true copy to prove 'he was there". Dull scammers since many years of past elections. I am really vexed. Buharishowyourcertificate ooo
Re: Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate by Mbediogu(m): 11:51am On Jan 20, 2015
ishiamu:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/175241-buharis-qualification-jonathan-rejects-apc-candidates-explanation-demands-certificate.html

Wonderful. I also heard (but dont believe) that during the same period of scramble for 'post independence control of Nigeria' some male nurses were shipped to UK for a few months after which they became 'medical doctors'. Lethal and catastrophic short circuiting in those days of the locust!
Re: Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate by Mbediogu(m): 11:52am On Jan 20, 2015
ishiamu:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/175241-buharis-qualification-jonathan-rejects-apc-candidates-explanation-demands-certificate.html

Hush! Wonderful! I also heard (but dont believe) that during the same period of scramble for 'post independence control of Nigeria' some male nurses were shipped to UK for a few months after which they became 'medical doctors'. Lethal and catastrophic short circuiting in those days of the locust!
Re: Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate by Doyin2(m): 11:53am On Jan 20, 2015
CyberWolf:
And that's why I said that PDP's legal team should write to the military board demanding the photocopy since they said they don't have the original copy. Besides, why is it so difficult for GMB to present the original to INEC?

Is INEC complaining? Buhari should present his certificate to who?PDP? you must be a clown.

INEC says it is satisfied,in tandem with the constitution and has accepted and published GMB's name as a presidential aspirant.

What's this hooey all about?

Anyway,GMB has more than school cert.He has complied fully with the laws of the land.I admire his calmness over this nonsensical hooey.

Section 31 of the Electoral Act and 318 of the constitution are very clear(The law is not interested in any certificate,but just an assurance that you are educated),an affidavit is sufficient ,according to the law:

ELECTORAL ACT
into that office.

CONSTITUTION SECTION 318

Re: Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate by CyberWolf: 12:01pm On Jan 20, 2015
Doyin2:

Is INEC complaining? Buhari should present his certificate to who?PDP? you must be a clown.

INEC says it is satisfied,in tandem with the constitution and has accepted and published GMB's name as a presidential aspirant.

What's this hooey all about?

Section 31 of the Electoral Act and 318 of the constitution are very clear(The law is not interested in any certificate,but just an assurance that you are educated),an affidavit is sufficient ,according to the law:

ELECTORAL ACT
into that office.

CONSTITUTION SECTION 318

INEC is satisfied because he presented an affidavit but we the masses he is aspiring to lead is not satisfied because the affidavit is false which is against the law, that's why we will go to court and pursue the matter to a logical conclusion.
Re: Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate by onatisi(m): 12:04pm On Jan 20, 2015
CyberWolf:
unfortunately only the president who is the commander in chief and the law court can ask or make the military release those documents and unfortunately again the president is the pdp aspirant,if he does this then it will be interpreted by some people as intimidation.
Re: Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate by onatisi(m): 12:05pm On Jan 20, 2015
Dlionsheart:

Is your ear paining you? Can't you get it into your amagiri skull that in 2011 election, there were no requirements any where for any aspirants to attach credentials (certificates) to the form while filling it. This means that you can only state that you went to school in so so and so and obtained so so and so certificates without presenting it and it will be accepted. But in 2015 election, you have to state it, attach it and INEC will publish it.

MUMU, DID YOU UNDERSTAND NOW?
don't mind those boys,instead for them to read and learn .they will be arguing blindly .
Re: Certificate Saga: PDP Rejects Buhari's Explanation, Demands His Certificate by Dewze(m): 12:09pm On Jan 20, 2015
diasporaman:
Whatever that will subject the peoples General to court as a result of his certificate saga which has been causing Oga Jona and his cohorts sleepless night will also question the credibility and integrity of Atahiru Jega, the INEC boss who has hitherto certified GMB as a presidential candidate in the previous elections.

He too, will be brought before the book.

Guy, read deep and understand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2023: Tinubu Could Emerge APC’s Consensus Candidate – Osita Okechukwu / Senate Committee On Works Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Progress (photos) / Clash Between Fulani And Berom Natives In Plateau. Villagers Killed. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.