Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,268 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge (52369 Views)

We Can Re-present Magu For Confirmation - Osinbajo / Osinbajo Sends Onnoghen’s Name To Senate For Confirmation As CJN / Buhari Leads As INEC Commences Announcement Of Results In Kano - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 23, 2015
Savalging the opportunity to make some good bucks, hope they are not bent on ridiculing him either. I think waec/ wasce are the one's that have the big say here, but they ve been quiet watching the general and its party hitting from pillar to pillar.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by ninjasta: 4:54pm On Jan 23, 2015
[size=20pt]New king of Saudi - 79 years old.
GMB - 72 years old

SORRY FOR PDP

FEBUHARY 2015[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by mailmalc(m): 4:54pm On Jan 23, 2015
@Damogul I had to rewrite this to make sure I don't use insulting words or statements. OBJ brought GSM and many other things like? It is ok to receive a dumb broadcast message but coming out to post it on NL thereby suggesting that you are in full support of the entire piece shows you are possibly worse than the composer.
Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by EbolaParasite: 4:55pm On Jan 23, 2015
tbaba1234:

This WASC issue is not a 'pressing issue'. It is a silly distraction.

The School statement suffices...besides WASC is just a minimum requirement

It is easily verifiable that he went to the US war college and obtained a diploma... That is above a WASC certificate.

I personally do not care about this certificate issue but i want to correct the bolded above.

The minimum requirement is WASC. Which means you have to have WASC. Even if you have something higher it does not matter if the minimum WASC can not be confirmed. What if you forge your WASC and end up gettin a PHD from an American school? Does it mean you have the minimum requirement? In this scenario, it is up to the accused to prove guilt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by Truckpusher(m): 4:55pm On Jan 23, 2015
tbaba1234:

http://www.cambridgeassessment.org.uk/news/statement-in-response-to-nigerian-presidential-election-enquiries/
Nonsense, If it were to be Buhari in 1984 and another high profile Nigerian finds himself in this dilemma and Cambridge's office is in Nigeria......Soldiers would have flogged out the confirmation from their boss's hand by now.

Thank God for Jonathan who wouldn't arm twist anyone to have his way like Obasanjo did during his time.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by greggng: 4:55pm On Jan 23, 2015
Is a shame pdp and her e-rats don't even know the constitutional requirement for a presidential candidate. The constitution demands that the person should ve school cert or must ve schooled upto secondary school level . The question now is did buhari go to school? The answer is obvious yes cos one of his classmates a prominent nigeria judge who sat waec with him has attested to that. Again his school principal has equally released a statement of result confirming same. The electoral law as amended in 2010 requires candidate to attach photocopy of result or sworn afidavits from a court in case his results was missing. Gej vp did same and it was accepted. Buhari did same now is an issue. Why should we take a govt of double standard seriously. I am very impress with apc approach to disregard pdp distractions and face the main issue ie corruption, insecurity and unemployment. Any responsible govt should focus on this core issues rather than character assasination .nigerian want change and so shall it be. By the way Gej has not shown the world his certificates. With the present state of things buhari is the only transparent candidate.
Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by onatisi(m): 4:56pm On Jan 23, 2015
taharqa:
So that means that dat computer printout that APC and Premium times shown us didn't come from Cambridge University as was apparently claimed and then parrots here in Narailand!!!

Did lies they are blowing sha, there is......
leave dem. All their lies will soon be exposed .

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by Abdulkareem407(m): 4:56pm On Jan 23, 2015
CHM11:

Dude it is a pressing issue if he wants to become my president (since he didn't allow the like of fashola to vie for the presidential sit because its the birthright of the North) then he should meet the basic requirement.

You talked about having a diploma...this is flawed.
If the minimum requirement to enter Chevron is a graduate trainee is a second class upper in engineering or sciences and you come with a 2'2 + MSc and PhD, you will not be employed because you simply do not have a 2'1 at BSc level.

Additionally, you can only be offered the chance to get a diploma if you have your o'level. Its this O'level that people are requesting, GMB should do the needful and request for copies of his O'level from WAEC and/or Cambridge and shut critics up.

As for me I am not in any camp, but as a son of a millitary officer, I know how so many northern officers were favoured in place of other more qualified southern officers back then. A northerner who knows nothing, does not have any qualification or intelligence would be promoted to the rank of Brig gen while southern officers will still remain colonels.

Its still happening today, NNPC is crowded with Northerners who have NCE, OND and HND in some weird courses while southerners with BSc, BEng, MSc and other outstanding qualifications in applicable engineering and science disciplines are jobless. This country doesn't belong to a set of persons. It is OUR country. I am still waiting for a time when we will not have a northerner in power either as president or vice..... We in the south here are not fools. (Some will say we've passed the stage of tribe and religion but performance, tell that to Buhari and APC, they are the ones who zoned the ticket to the muslim North. If they wanted true change they would have given us Fashola)
Bros... U just said ur Papa is an Army official... Did he attended any Military school abroad... And you are here questionin our General and former head of state academical achievement which is far beta dan dat of ur Clueless master zoological dubious PHD... Nna eh... Go die 4 bush

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by AJOT99(m): 4:57pm On Jan 23, 2015
Oya!

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by Eziachi: 4:57pm On Jan 23, 2015
Greatihex:
Oya Buhari, do the needful and request for your certificate.

Certificates are universally offered once. The least Cambridge can do for you is to sent a certified copy of exactly what Katsina School has done with their letters head. That is what a legal declaration a.k.a affidavit is there for.
Yesterday, I read with bemusement so many of the so called educated stating as a fact that Hausa, Yoruba or Igbo languages wasn't part of subject course by 1960.
Because of politics people's thrown their brain, consciences to the dogs. I can't wait for this election to be over.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by annibro(f): 4:58pm On Jan 23, 2015
Greatihex:
Oya Buhari, do the needful and request for your certificate.

Don't do it Buhari, Let dem do their worst

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by atlwireles: 4:58pm On Jan 23, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Nonsense.

APC fraudster and shameless liar, you see, your pathetic life now. angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by searay(m): 4:58pm On Jan 23, 2015
oduastates:
Have a look at this
very poor Photoshop. Give us something better

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by 1009ja: 4:58pm On Jan 23, 2015
Corruption is prohibited by countless laws in our criminal and civil laws and it is the constitutional responsibility of the President to enforce the laws of the country and the obligation is not discretionary. What GEJ has publicly confessed to is a deliberate refusal to enforce the laws of Nigeria despite his oath of office “…to uphold and defends the laws of the country.”- ILESANMI OMABOMI
Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by jorlons(m): 4:58pm On Jan 23, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

It is a constitutional requirement that each candidate show his or her certificate. Everybody has done so except Buhari. Buhari can get hold of a copy of his certificate if he contacts WAEC office or Cambridge University. What's stopping him?
Oga please take a photo of the section of the constitution were it is stated that only WASSCE should be submitted or don't you understand what minimum is. Why did GEJ not submit WASSCE instead of submitting PHD. Please snap that part of the constitution when you have the chance and paste it on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by kingstylo01(m): 4:59pm On Jan 23, 2015
macdelene:

whats that ?
it's the name of one country
Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:59pm On Jan 23, 2015
osina1414:
if dis is true, d ABOKI shld defend his integrity by requesting 4 his certificate n not clamp 2 a poorly programmed statement of result.
Why are some of you just dull? I thought you said Buhari doesn't have a certificate? If truely he doesn't, why is Cambridge now saying if he makes a request his records will be given to him?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by ssuccess(m): 4:59pm On Jan 23, 2015
tbaba1234:
This whole discussion of Buhari’s qualification is a negative distraction from the legitimate process of electioneering which should involve issues, records of the candidates, their character, and their capacity to govern. These are things we should be talking about. The constitution is very clear on the issue of qualification. It states that you are qualified to be a President if you have achieved the level of school certificate or its equivalent. Buhari has been to Military College in Britain, he has been to colleges in India and USA, involving high level of training and intellect. We need to ask if participation and completion of courses at these levels and the basic officers training in Mons Officers Cadet School are less than school certificates. On the contrary, you need school certificate to attend those courses. So, if he has attended all those courses, then there is absolutely no need to be talking about secondary school certificates anymore. ~

Professor Itsey Sagay, a constitutional lawyer.
According to you: "you need school certificates to attend all those courses"...then let him produce them.
Haba!... Since when did that become difficult.

Nigerians should face the fact, there are 14 other candidates in this race so why bother about the 'two' most incompetent?!

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by great664(m): 5:00pm On Jan 23, 2015
tbaba1234:

Once the masters/PhD was obtained, the Bsc grade was irrelevant.

A school statement is enough...

When I was to be admitted into tertiary institution, all I presented was my school statement.

We have school pictures showing that he attended the institution.

I have a masters, if someone comes today and starts asking for my WAEC certificate after I have shown my statement of result. I would most likely ignore him.

Buhari diploma at the US war college is equivalent to a masters degree nowadays.

The secondary school is still in Nigeria, you can take time out to visit and see the original result sheet.

The rest is just a waste of time.. Can we focus on the issues.

Stop being a foool by posting thrash, maybe you are old and you don't know that things has change in Nigeria. In My school, to do your clearance you have to present your original Certificate and a computer print out, and also pay for your Neco/Waec scratch card so they can confirm on their own, so stop saying we should believe a Statement of Result that I can create with less than 10mins ad fully stamped too. Just act like your age. For God sake he is going to be my President and should lead by example, why wasting weeks to tackle this little certificate scandal and yet call GEJ slow and clueless. We are Nigerians, We know better.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by Kororugged: 5:00pm On Jan 23, 2015
onatisi:
I raised this point 2 days ago. There is no way premiumnew will just write cambridge and they will release a result like that.but many people just want to believe anything that will make buhari look clean. This is pure common sense .

When did Premium times claim that they contacted Cambridge?

They showed Docs provided by the school in Katsina. The school has the printout and the Principal clearly stated this. I love the way APC is handling this, I will like to see what Nigerians will think of the PDP after the results are verified by Cambridge

PDP are naturally stewpeed.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by sammyj: 5:01pm On Jan 23, 2015
PDP are taking this certificate Buhaha to far, if GMB does not have certificate with Cambridge university they would have told the world about it. Instead of them to focus and tell us how the clueless one will do things different if re-elected, they are busy causing unnecessary problem for themselves and constituting nuisance to the country as a whole!!! grin grin Vote GMB all the way.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by Jesusloveyou: 5:01pm On Jan 23, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

It is a constitutional requirement that each candidate show his or her certificate. Everybody has done so except Buhari. Buhari can get hold of a copy of his certificate if he contacts WAEC office or Cambridge University. What's stopping him?
d constitution did not say certificate,but statement of result can prove as evidence,u are educated to d minimum requirement of d constitution.gej did not publish his certificate on newspaper,so let inec do their work according to constitution.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by denitro(m): 5:01pm On Jan 23, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

Dude!!! Once your certificate and copies are lost, it is lost.
You can't request another certificate, it can't be done. I think it is actually illegal to hold 2 of the same certificate.
All Buhari can do is get a body to verify his result as he did with his secondary school, or get Cambridge to give a certifying statement (not
an orginal certificate).
But Dude! you can't get another certificate.
Statement from the cambridge website:
If you have lost your exam results certificate, or need another copy of your results, we can issue you with a certifying statement. If you would like to receive a certifying statement, please read and complete the application form below, and return it with the appropriate fee, to the address on the first page of the form.
Moral of this story.. Always guard your certificates with ur life
Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by ichidodo: 5:01pm On Jan 23, 2015
honprof:

God Bless You!!!!!.."Plenty.." grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
God will protect all of us from bad illiterate people....is it too much for him to apply to cambridge? Don't we have the right to know his status? Let him prove his intergrity status?? Ahn-ahn? Are we fighting?? Have we all now become enemies of Buhari simply because we urge the right constitutional and moral thing be done??. BUHARI.....SHOW NIGERIANS....... YOUR
......CERTIFICATE!!

6 Likes

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:02pm On Jan 23, 2015
atlwireles:

APC fraudster and shameless liar, you see, your pathetic life now. angry angry angry angry
Would Cambridge ask a person that never sat for an examination to make a request for his records? Mr. Man, start reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 23, 2015
So he even took the exams right and according to Nigeria constitutions he is qualified as long as he took the exams and even went further. Please let's channel our strength into discussing other issues. It has been done and dusted.

Kagame:

Sorry, you know as much as I do that the released result did little to erase the doubts.

Now cambridge is asking GMB to come forward and collect his results, why is he hesitant?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by rusher14: 5:02pm On Jan 23, 2015
Why are people so silly?

The mere fact that Buhari wrote the exams in the 60's and not today clears him of any illegality.

The constitution does not request 1 credit or even 5 Alphas.

All that a candidate needs to prove is that he/she has the equivalent of a school certificate which extends even to a primary school certificate - see Nigerian Constitution 1999 section 318.

So, even if the general failed all modules and was still admitted into the Nigerian Army he has met the basic requirements.

It would be left for the electorate to consider this as a slight rather than the electoral commission.

Come to think of it there are several other candidates for the Presidential election why focus on one who is even just the opposition rather than the incumbent?

Anything to fear??

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by taharqa: 5:02pm On Jan 23, 2015
mailmalc:
[size=13pt]Result or no result, he FAILED MATHS! he should have a quick resit because I don't see how you gain admissions without a credit in Maths and English[/size]

If what he did is legal, why did he not update his records with the Military by providing them with a statement of result or certificate. Rather he swore a false affidavit and backed it up with a letter of recommendation stating he WILL pass. GEJ is slow but I won't eat grass because I am tired of burnt rice.

This is what I have been asking since yesterday too.

How can anybody say he passed SSCE if he FAILED MATHS ie F9 o, not even P7 or E8??

Even if we were to accept the statement of result they submitted, then we must also accept that GENERAL BUHARI FAILED HIS SCHOOL CERT AND SO SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN ENLISTED INTO THE OFFICERS CORP OF THE NIGERIAN ARMY IN THE 1ST PLACE Nor SHOULD HE HAVE RISEN UP THE LADDER TO BECOME A GEBERAL AND A HOS.

agreed??

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by airex(m): 5:03pm On Jan 23, 2015
fkaz:

Buhari has done the needful by officially asking for his cambridge/wasc result with exam number 8280002, through his old school, government provincial school kastina and the school has responded by releasing it.

School releases Buhari's statement of result
The statement of results was printed on the letterhead paper of the Katsina State Ministry of Education and it showed that the examination took place in 1961.
The Cambridge print out also showed the result of 17 other candidates at the centre, including Shehu Yar’Adua, a former Chief of Staff, Supreme Headquarters.
Ure just like Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by Kororugged: 5:03pm On Jan 23, 2015
great664:

Stop being a foool by posting thrash, maybe you are old and you don't know that things has change in Nigeria. In My school, to do your clearance you have to present your original Certificate and a computer print out, and also pay for your Neco/Waec scratch card so they can confirm on their own, so stop saying we should believe a Statement of Result that I can create with less than 10mins ad fully stamped too. Just act like your age. For God sake he is going to be my President and should lead by example, why wasting weeks to tackle this little certificate scandal and yet call GEJ slow and clueless. We are Nigerians, We know better.

Wasting weeks? How?

Who officially requested for this certificate?

Did you write a letter to him to provide his certificate?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Permission Required For Confirmation Of Results - Cambridge by appini: 5:04pm On Jan 23, 2015
CHM11:
WAEC said the same, so why is it so Hard for Buhari to do the needful and shut critics up instead of swearing affidavits and writing all sorts of mediocre statement of result here and there.

If he wants to be my President then he should know we are no more in the military setting and he must play by the rules of a democratic society. Request your result from waec or cambridge, get it forwarded to INEC and let's move on to the Next pressing issue

The whole world knows Buhari can not operate in a free and democratic society.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Kai Jehoshaphat, A Soldier Killed In Niger-Delta (pictured) / Photos: Asari Dokubo And MASSOB Leader Hold Private Meeting / Jimi Agbaje Campaigns In Alaba International Market With Ijebu Garri (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.