Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,484 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Are All Nigerian Girls, Especially Abroad, Really Like This? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are All Nigerian Girls, Especially Abroad, Really Like This? (3334 Views)

This South-African Lady Says All Nigerian Women Are Ugly / Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? / Nigerian Girls In The U.S. Are Lonely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are All Nigerian Girls, Especially Abroad, Really Like This? by CyberG: 9:54pm On Dec 23, 2008
As you read, understand this is not a thread bashing anyone. You have a right to be pissed off but also give some meaningful response if you could. I do realize everyone is different but this sentiment has been expressed by a lot of my friends, Nigerians and otherwise. So, here it goes:

====

I have read some of the comments of NL and I quite agree that something is biggerly so wrong with Nigerian girls. I had my first Nigerian girl here in Canada and what an immature bitch she is! Trust me, I am a very patient person and I so have my life together, young, well-educated and successful. I have no problems spending money for a girl but Nigerian girls (or maybe women generally) seem not to understand that a guy spends and will spend anything for a girl he LOVES and CARES about. Therefore, never place your attention NOT on the money and gifts but on the (his) heart which controls all the other things: time, gifts, loving, etc.

Well, she went from someone I liked to someone I really liked to the utter opposite! My first gift was expensive and before I bought it she found out the cost, she said, wow, this is so expensive. Fast forward a few months later, I was going to take her to my company's annual christmas dinner. I could go alone or go with another girl but I thought, well she should be the one. She was girlfriend.

She told me she wanted $120 to make her hair and how surprised I was when she said: why have a girlfriend if you can't afford to pay for her hair?? That is the most idiotic, ignorant, naija-mentality statement I have heard recently. I was patient with her because she has just moved here and doesn't know this is not Nigeria. I had bought her more gifts, spent time with her and lots more. She suggested splitting it 50-50 and I thought that was fine. Then, she claims I was the one who said so. In short, the drama that followed in the next few weeks was so irritating and childish. She was immature and just a bitch! Stay away from Naija girls abroad - with the exception of the unusually well brought-up few who have not lost their brains and decent family values.

But I know what will happen to her and others like her: They will be f.ucked and dumped by every guy of every color until they are in their 30s and 40s and desperate for marriage. And even after the marriage, the guy will still get a divorce somehow and leave their sorry ass. After all, they always claim to be single by choice and loving it! May they rot away in the boredom and colorlessness of singleness. Low-life, classless bitches. Interestingly, we will always meet again and then, they are so ashamed to face the guy who now has no regard or interest them. Losers!

So guys, don't be so considerate and find you only wasted your precious time. F.uck her and f.uck her until you are tired and then pass her to all your friends and someday she will realize it is because of the typical Naija girl attitude that has given her such bountiful results. Let no naija girl abroad complain about no-husband, scarcity of men, etc - it is all your fault so suck it up!

Well, fast forward a short-period of time, I met another lady from the carribeans and her complimentary on Naija girls was really ugly and not so different from the terrible image these girls have created for their families and a whole country. (Yes, she said something about Naija guys too but she added a compliment - something she admired). Anyways, if a girl will be a loser, it doesn't matter who she meets! Ori ti o je iya, bi won da lekun, ko ni gbo! (A destined suffer-head is irredeemable, no matter what you do to help, she must still suffer!)
Re: Are All Nigerian Girls, Especially Abroad, Really Like This? by Tatase(f): 10:02pm On Dec 23, 2008
It's always interesting when someone whose judgement failed them when they were picking a girlfriend chooses to tar everyone with the same brush. I have many Nigerian friends who are abroad and they are nothing like the girls that NL guys choose to report in the romance section.

I don't know where you guys find these effed up girls or why they're the ones you choose to go out with and that you allow to make you bitter but I like to think that there are many good-mannered Nigerian girls in naij and abroad.

In life people have good and bad experiences in relationships. It's not like Nigerian guys are all so perfect and we ladies have nothing to complain about. There are always good and bad eggs. Just look at it as a lesson learned and move on.

CyberG:

Well, fast forward a short-period of time, I met another lady from the carribeans and her complimentary on Naija girls was really ugly and not so different from the terrible image these girls have created for their families and a whole country. (Yes, she said something about Naija guys too but she added a compliment - something she admired). Anyways, if a girl will be a loser, it doesn't matter who she meets! Ori ti o je iya, bi won da lekun, ko ni gbo! (A destined suffer-head is irredeemable, no matter what you do to help, she must still suffer!)

You're so very simple and easily flattered. She obviously knows NOTHING about anything and is talking smack. Why does she think she can comment on Nigerian girls in general. Is it that Caribbean girls are one and all so excellent. I know horror stories about them but it's not like because of that I'm tarring all of them with the same brush. The two of you are obviously very simple-minded.
Re: Are All Nigerian Girls, Especially Abroad, Really Like This? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 23, 2008
You guys have turned yourselves to father christmas that is why these girls see every reason to leak you dry. If a girl have respect for herself, trivial things like hairdo, would be done herself. If you think the situation is different in Nigeria, think again. Newsflash---> It's worse.
Re: Are All Nigerian Girls, Especially Abroad, Really Like This? by bluespice(f): 10:17pm On Dec 23, 2008
uhh but since when was it expected for boyfie to pay for girlfie's hair?

na wa sha
poster u sef, idnt u catch glimpses of the kind of person before asking her out?

y'all have issues jare lipsrsealed
Re: Are All Nigerian Girls, Especially Abroad, Really Like This? by CyberG: 10:25pm On Dec 23, 2008
@Stillwater

It's good you responded to my post and I appreciate that. This is nothing about turning to father Xmas and there's nothing wrong in giving even to someone who is not a GF or BF. However, the point is Naija girls, with very few exceptions, are just materialistic and gold-diggers! This is the point and a guy will give anything for someone they care about but girls seem to place emphasis on the gifts and money but not the heart that controls the giving and such acts. This is the point here and don't get it twisted. You can give without loving (this is useful for trapping gold-diggers) but you can't love without giving. Think about it.

@Tatase, I am not bitter in that sense but I spoke the truth I know and what I see happen, overtime, to girls but they never seem to understand this is the cause of it. A good, decent and balanced strong guy is hard to find and that is what girls complain about. However, things like this make guys to go from real men brought up by good parents in a respectful home to something girls end up crying about. Any wonder why girls may never get such a guy's sympathy or pity when she's used and abused??
Re: Are All Nigerian Girls, Especially Abroad, Really Like This? by sistawoman: 10:32pm On Dec 23, 2008
I think what the poster is trying to point out or ask is this:

Do women who come from Nigeria to America or any other conutry, study the customs, talk to locals and try to figure out how things work there?

If in fact they had/have done thier proper research they will learn that in most cultures outside of Nigeria it is not a GIVEN that guy will pay for everything but women, esp. in America (speaking here not of chickenheads) like to pay thier own way, accepts gifts as gifts and never expect for thier man to hand them jack.

The above question also applies to the men. To be totally honest the one thing that turns most American women off about Nigerian men is the fact that they like to throw money at women and when independent women have money thrown at them red flags go up becuase this usually means the man wants to control them.

This is in no way an attack on Nigerian women/men because just like there are Nigerian women who dont know how to act, so true for every single race and creed of people. There are people with class and those without. just trying to have an honest conversation here.
Re: Are All Nigerian Girls, Especially Abroad, Really Like This? by JJYOU: 10:33pm On Dec 23, 2008
o boy sorry o
bluespice:

uhh but since when was it expected for boyfie to pay for girlfie's hair?

na wa sha
poster u sef, idnt u catch glimpses of the kind of person before asking her out?
y'all have issues jare lipsrsealed
some people na actor.
Re: Are All Nigerian Girls, Especially Abroad, Really Like This? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Dec 23, 2008
CyberG:

@Stillwater

It's good you responded to my post and I appreciate that. This is nothing about turning to father Xmas and there's nothing wrong in giving even to someone who is not a girlfriend or boyfriend. However, the point is Naija girls, with very few exceptions, are just materialistic and gold-diggers! This is the point and a guy will give anything for someone they care about but girls seem to place emphasis on the gifts and money but not the heart that controls the giving and such acts. This is the point here and don't get it twisted. You can give without loving (this is useful for trapping gold-diggers) but you can't love without giving. Think about it.

I've thought about it and I came to the conclusion that the problem did not start now, it arose from you guys, hence the father christmas response. Nigerian men have been known to use material goods just to ordinarily woo a girl. Such an act is synonymous to bribery, anyway. Men like that shouldn't complain when these girls demand endlessly.

Now to your case, it's good you give and that's nice of you. It would take some time before the mentality of placing emphasis on the gifts rather than the reason behind it is destroyed because some of thess girls have dated the aforementioned men. Despite that, I really do not want to blame it on the men because I believe that we are individuals and we should take responsibility for our actions. The fact is these girls have parasitic and greedy leanings, so I'd rather blame them. You just have to be watchful next time.
Re: Are All Nigerian Girls, Especially Abroad, Really Like This? by OBVIOUS(m): 11:39pm On Dec 23, 2008
Some people just watch too much TV. ooooy!!!
Re: Are All Nigerian Girls, Especially Abroad, Really Like This? by JJYOU: 11:42pm On Dec 23, 2008
stillwater:

I've thought about it and I came to the conclusion that the problem did not start now, it arose from you guys, hence the father christmas response. Nigerian men have been known to use material goods just to ordinarily woo a girl. Such an act is synonymous to bribery, anyway. Men like that shouldn't complain when these girls demand endlessly.

Now to your case, it's good you give and that's nice of you. It would take some time before the mentality of placing emphasis on the gifts rather than the reason behind it is destroyed because some of thess girls have dated the aforementioned men. Despite that, I really do not want to blame it on the men because I believe that we are individuals and we should take responsibility for our actions. The fact is these girls have parasitic and greedy leanings, so I'd rather blame them. You just have to be watchful next time.
now you are talking. this is hookers mentality.
Re: Are All Nigerian Girls, Especially Abroad, Really Like This? by achinu(m): 1:33am On Dec 24, 2008
Dude, I'm sorry to hear about your unfortunate encounter with this particular naija babe. I'm currently dating a naija babe & it's best thing that's ever happened to me in dating after I almost swore off naija babes based on my prior encounter with them.
I tried talking to a couple in the past & I've have to say it was less than thrilling, between the attitude or maybe mentality that some of these babes have never ceases to amaze me. Okay, NL naija babes before you gang up on me please understand that I'm speaking from my personal experience here.
About the father christmas mentality being synonymous with the naija men I have to agree. I always tell my girlfriend that from growing up in naija before moving to the west & seeing the naija guys here, their idea of toasting a chic or courting her is all about how much money they can spend or gift they can give.
Now my people don't get me wrong about spending money or gift giving which I do myself, but there's a time & place for this. My girlfriend gets gifts from me, not because she's asked for it but because she deserves it.
After a naija babe has dated a couple of naija guys that splurge on their asses until they get that pum-pum & move on leaving them in the cold, they now expect all naija guys to be father christmas. @ poster, you'll will have to sift through the garbage before you find that diamond. Good luck man!
Re: Are All Nigerian Girls, Especially Abroad, Really Like This? by lucabrasi(m): 2:52am On Dec 24, 2008
@poster
i agree with you on that as well,while i must say that not all nigerian girls are like that but a whole lot are, at least in uk,you meet a nigerian girl and the first demand is phone credit,then nandos(headquarters of naijas) then gradually from there graduates to more expensive,
for the girls that do that,i think its the nigerian mentality and also the guys that make out as if they r adnan kashoggi's grand son,if a man is down to earth and real with a girl then the worst she ll do is walk off and look for a sugar daddy if thats what she s into
Re: Are All Nigerian Girls, Especially Abroad, Really Like This? by earthrealm(m): 4:16am On Dec 24, 2008
BY POSTING ON THIS THREAD, AM GOING AGAINST ONE OF MY CARDINAL NAIRALAND RULES,
IGNORE USELESS N MEANINGLESS POSTS!!!,
N this post falls into that category,

so @ poster, cos of 1 rotten apple, u want 2 throw away, thw whole fruit basket?, this just like the other poster who her thread header is ''GUYS ARE FOOLS!!!, ,, n went ahead 2 narate a lame ass story,

u wont cos of 1 or 2 lameluck relationships, n now come n classify everybody of a particular society or archetype bad!!, its pure unadultrated stupidity,

so cos of 1 or 2, or even @ worst 100 bad relationships, that u hv had with naija gals abroad, u think u now hv the right 2 judge all naija gals abroad?, how many naija gals, do u think that r abroad??, 5m/10m/20?,

abeg @ poster, go n find something else to rant about,
Re: Are All Nigerian Girls, Especially Abroad, Really Like This? by arramyjay: 5:09am On Dec 24, 2008
@ poster,your thread shows to things,1. That you are funny.2 you are just , for a guy.
You claimed that you showered her with gifts did you do that to get her or did she really deserve it?Next time be careful.
Re: Are All Nigerian Girls, Especially Abroad, Really Like This? by iice(f): 5:28am On Dec 24, 2008
Get over yourself and her already. Na today that one start? undecided
Re: Are All Nigerian Girls, Especially Abroad, Really Like This? by outlaws(m): 6:23am On Dec 24, 2008
cool

I think that the poster got a good point but maynot have been experienced enough. It seems like he is new in the dating game. You screw up first time, find some one else, life goes on. If a fiancee asked me for money for hair, I don't see anything wrong with it. She could be testing me. But this is the deal, let me help some of the inexperience guys out there, listen O, don't say I didn't warn you.

This are some characteristics of a good naija lady or prety much any lady:Narrowed it down to
1]They dress professional and simple[They don't dress like hookers] Ladies is okay to dress like hookers at home when you are alone with your partner.Outside the house is a no go area.
2]They understand and do their role as a female without being told
3]They are not materialistic[They don't demand gold and diamond jewelries]
4]They know their past, present and future

This are some characteristics of a bad naija lady[gold diggers] or prety much any lady:Narrowed down to 4:is prety much the opposite of the lists above:
1]They dress too hot:They are too hip:When they walk by you will hear all kinds of jewelries or got revealing clothers on:Their dressing is loud
2]They don't know when to shut the Zap. up. The house will be dirty and they will act like everything is fine. Dishes will be in the sink and they will be waiting for you to wash it. No good delicious food in the frig and they want to go dine out or go to the club and show the world their revealing booty or boobs.
3]Before you even propose, they have hinted to you that they want a diamond ring. Diamond is good but if bro. is broke, just let him put some copper coil around your finger. I had this cousin, naija lady, her boyfriend or fiance or what ever bought a diamond ring for her. From a distance I could see this thing sparkling. She said she doesn't like it. She want a better one. I thought to my self "Gold digger way to go." I am not saying she is a bad person, she is pretty and all that. Actually she fit most of the characteristics I list here as a gold digger. She is the most responsible out of all her brothers and sisters. The is not the oldest one. I compliment her at times but on the other hand she is a party person. So that part is dragging her back.
4]They don't know who they are, where they are and where they are going. They just want to have fun while is hot.

THIS LIST I MENTIONDED ABOVE ALSO APPLY TO GUYS TOO:LADIES TAKE NOTE:
4] I know this naija guy, he lives here in Portland, Oregon too. He came from naija maybe about 4 years ago. He fit the list of gold diggers. He doesn't know who he is, where he is[overall state of mind] and where he is going. He is like the gangster wana be. He have been involved with gangs. Arrested. Gone to jail one or more times. All that. He is like the player type. Guess what? Women are crazy about him, they are all over him, guess what? The type of women that are crazy about him are birds of the same feathers. Is life.

So Mr. poster. when you fish and caught a bad one, is okay to put it back into the river, you don't have to go home with the bad fish just in the name that you caught a fish, or condem all the fish in the river just for the bad one, be patient in the river, you will catch a fat one and you will be happy. Your people will be jealous of what you got.

My point is, there is this tree that have many fruits, some are rip and some are not. Before you plung one off, study it, because is rip doesn't mean is good. I am sure if you study it well before you plung it off, there is a high chance you got the good fruit.

I have seen good naija ladies and bad ones. If I were to say I would say that the good ones are few. The bad ones are all over the place, they are in your face all the time, and you don't want it, they belong to the players[prostitutes]after they use them, they toss them out.

Is life.
Re: Are All Nigerian Girls, Especially Abroad, Really Like This? by CyberG: 7:50am On Dec 24, 2008
I appreciate all the meaningful contributions and time to do a write-up to my post.

Let me quickly indicate that there's nothing like bribery here, in the sense like giving a gift to achieve an objective. NO! I am sure that a lot of people will agree that if you really like someone, and something is within your means, you would buy it for the person. The person may ask or may not ask but on the merit of that situation, you can decide if it is a reasonable and good thing to do. However, when a girl begins to 'demand' things like it's her 'right' and makes a big deal out such things, it is 'manipulation'. Someone made a point here that she was acting and this was my personal conclusion when this issue unfolded.

Again, thanks for the contributions that addressed the issue.
Re: Are All Nigerian Girls, Especially Abroad, Really Like This? by ndumart: 7:58am On Dec 24, 2008
CyberG
You obviously chose the wrong naija babe who was after nothing but your money.
That is not saying we don't have the bad nigerian girls, but i can tell u we have quite a sizeable number of good Nigerian chics all over the world.

Just open your eyes wide and don't be deceived by their beauties. Get to know them real good and their intentions before spending your cash on them
Re: Are All Nigerian Girls, Especially Abroad, Really Like This? by DaPhoenix(f): 8:18am On Dec 24, 2008
She killed two birds with a stone . . . took the gifts/money and still smashed your heart pretty bad. She's with the Movement. grin
Re: Are All Nigerian Girls, Especially Abroad, Really Like This? by bilms(m): 11:41am On Dec 24, 2008
so i think with this,

we guys need to find out a little about the girl we want to go out with. if not everybody will sink 4 naija girls hand

lol
Re: Are All Nigerian Girls, Especially Abroad, Really Like This? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 24, 2008
@Poster

Get closer to the elders. They will teach you the ways of women.

And when your eyes are opened enough, you will know how to discern a pure materialistic bitch from afar.
Re: Are All Nigerian Girls, Especially Abroad, Really Like This? by whitelexi(m): 1:41pm On Dec 24, 2008
@Poster: Some strong words up there - where it hurts most.

I know a good number of girls who are from good families and who are abroad, i have also seen a number of girls who sadly fall into the description above.
Re: Are All Nigerian Girls, Especially Abroad, Really Like This? by Moves: 7:59pm On Dec 24, 2008
@ Poster I can see u r very bitter; I can categorically tell that not all are like this; u 've stated the problem already, that she was inmature, Stop dating people that are inmature, before u go splashing out on a girl get to know her first, becos if u dont u r basically bribing her to be with u; moreover if as u said about ur situation u should have no problem getting another girl, u also should be grateful to her as a relationship is a lot easier to break than a marriage
Re: Are All Nigerian Girls, Especially Abroad, Really Like This? by touchmeder: 8:07pm On Dec 24, 2008
Not all of them are like that at least i know i am not, even while i was in naija i was not making stupid demands all the time like hair,nail, cloths,credit every oda day and all that kind of stuff (i think i honestly had issues with asking my man for things so don't mind me). i asked when i truly needed help and was down and out. sorry i think ure rolling with the wrong chick undecided
Re: Are All Nigerian Girls, Especially Abroad, Really Like This? by lucabrasi(m): 10:20pm On Dec 24, 2008
Moves:

@ Poster I can see u r very bitter; I can categorically tell that not all are like this; u 've stated the problem already, that she was inmature, Stop dating people that are inmature, before u go splashing out on a girl get to know her first, because if u don't u r basically bribing her to be with u; moreover if as u said about ur situation u should have no problem getting another girl, u also should be grateful to her as a relationship is a lot easier to break than a marriage
in other words,the girl is actually doing him a favour and he should be thankful she didint do more harm, jeez and im presuming you r a nigerian girl/woman?
Re: Are All Nigerian Girls, Especially Abroad, Really Like This? by weedinLA: 11:10pm On Dec 24, 2008
Nigerian Girls abroad are all twats, retards and unadulterated multifacet bitches!!!!!!!!!

They so disgusting!!!! Wal 'alai!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Are All Nigerian Girls, Especially Abroad, Really Like This? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 24, 2008
See this one, wey never leave his papa's farm, too dey talk.

Baba suwe feeling funky
Re: Are All Nigerian Girls, Especially Abroad, Really Like This? by weedinLA: 11:45pm On Dec 24, 2008
Ebony-Silk:

See this one, wey never leave his papa's farm, too dey talk.

Baba suwe feeling funky

make u take your time oooo!
Re: Are All Nigerian Girls, Especially Abroad, Really Like This? by haryorlah(f): 12:35am On Dec 25, 2008
I've seen lots of topic goin on abt ladies and gift and i find it funny! This kind of girls ar just being a disgrace to we others. But veri few girls act like dat here in london cos london guys hav strategies and play smart. Once a guy had spent 20pounds on a lady and he keep seeing more sign of demand. He checks out straight. He no even need fu*k am cos she fit get diseases
Re: Are All Nigerian Girls, Especially Abroad, Really Like This? by Nobody: 12:36am On Dec 25, 2008
shocked shocked shocked shocked oma se embarassed
Re: Are All Nigerian Girls, Especially Abroad, Really Like This? by lilbie(f): 12:39am On Dec 25, 2008
what is the epistle all about

can someone break it down please undecided
Re: Are All Nigerian Girls, Especially Abroad, Really Like This? by NaJaHaJe(f): 2:55am On Dec 25, 2008
achinu:
I'm currently dating a naija babe & it's best thing that's ever happened to me

Finnally there is someone taking some sense about naija chicks.  Congrats man!

@poster

The only reason there are so much threads bashing Naija babes is simply because its more interesting to talk about. In the media, negative propaganda sells quicker faster and juicier than Positive news. What kind of communication will precede thread beginning with '' OH!! my NAIJA GIRLis the bomb, what y'all think''

Also, this is the romance section which simply means most of the discussions on here will be Agony Aunt types. (You get my drift?)

You have no right to generalise cos you met ONE naija chick who under these circumstances births the penitent question: Where and how you met her!!!

Mind you; I have come in contact with loads or Caribbean girls and majority of them are not a lot to write home about either. (no offence to any on this board)

lucabrasi:
i must say that not all nigerian girls are like that but a whole lot are, at least in uk,you meet a nigerian girl  and the[b] first demand is phone credit[/b],then  nandos(headquarters of naijas)

This is the bigbiggeste I have ever heard. Phone credit is not a demand naija girls or girls in general in the uk make. If you are telling the truth then the girls you hang around with are crackheads, . . but i think credit is the last thing they'll be asking for.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Value Of A Woman, By Advocator. / Anatomy Of Adultery/ Fornication - 15 Steps Of Unfaithfulness / Abeg No Lie, How Long Can You Stay Without Having Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.