Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,077 members, 7,821,708 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate (68206 Views)

#EdoDecides: Obaseki Boycotts Public Debate / Patience Jonathan ​boycotts Presidential Prayer / Why Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate Slated For February 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Crispels(m): 5:25am On Jan 30, 2015
tolexy007:
i swear if buhari no come for d debate, make he forget my vote. dat means he is clueless dan d clueless

he can't go for a debate organized by PDP goons now, AIT,NTA ETC ARE ALL GEJ APPENDAGES.
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 5:55am On Jan 30, 2015
It's a DEBATE not an EXAMINATION!

Crispels:

he can't go for a debate organized by PDP goons now, AIT,NTA ETC ARE ALL GEJ APPENDAGES.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by rozayx5(m): 6:39am On Jan 30, 2015
slap1:
Lol
This man should just do us all a favour and step down. If you can't debate with the so-called 'clueless' GEJ, how do you intend to tackle the intellectually-tasking and complex demands of running a democratic country?

If he suspects any form of connivance, he should suggest that a more trusted body handle the debates. APC and co have been asking the PDP to forget the certificate issue and face real matters. Now the time to face real matters is upon us and they're looking for an escape route.

702 likes and counting lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Alfranco(m): 6:59am On Jan 30, 2015
peckhamboi:
I am 100% in support of this move by Buhari.

The Chairman, Board of trustees of NEDG is also the Director-General of the Nigerian Television Authority, Mr. Sola Omole

You only need to watch a little bit of NTA recently to know their level of bias and partisanism

APC are not attending your useless debate if it can't be organised by a neutral body.

Sai Buhari

Lagos State Governorship debate was to hold at LTV 8 yesterday. It was postponed but the major highlight is that Jimi Agbaje was prepared to attend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Dejohnbull: 7:02am On Jan 30, 2015
richidinho:
I saw APC advert on AIT, NTA.; Silverbird

Why did they advertise there

Knowing that the stations are owned by PDP chieftains

They are trying to avoid error like Osibande; I Will stabilize oil price, president Osama (instead of Obama)

Useless old fool
I wan't to know if mr kwarupshon have accepted the presidential debate or he have chicken out?.... Gej till 2019

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Bawss1(m): 7:28am On Jan 30, 2015
jaybee:

All of you opening your mouths now. But you did not see anything wrong when GEJ refused to honour the presidential debate in 2011 without giving any excuse. Pay back time for PDP. APC is even diplomatic and considerate enough to explain to the electorate. APC is smart; they paid GEJ in his own coin. GEJ should also feel what it means to disappoint others.

Pay back time indeed. Every sane individual condemned GEJ for boycotting the debates back in 2011. It was disgraceful. So for Buhari who claims that he is better than GEJ to repeat such a shameful and cowardly behaviour under the lame excuse that the organisers are pro-PDP is doubly ludicrous and embarrassing.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Demdem(m): 7:28am On Jan 30, 2015
NEDG releases timetable for presidential debates

JANUARY 20, 2015 BY NAN
The Nigeria Elections Debate Group on Monday in Abuja said the 2015 presidential debates would hold between January 28 and February 5.

The Chairman of the Board of Trustees of NEDG, Mr Sola Omole, disclosed this to newsmen after a meeting of the board, hosted by the former Chairman of Daar Communications Plc, Chief Raymond Dokpesi.
shocked

Omole said that the Directors-General of the Presidential Campaign Organisations of the 14 participating political parties would open the floor on January 28.
http://www.punchng.com/news/nedg-releases-timetable-for-presidential-debates/

A debate planned and organised by Omole of NTA inside Dokpesi bedroom can never be fair.
Dokpesi the debtor will surely leak the questions to Jonathan.
Apc made the right call.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by OmoOlayinka: 7:55am On Jan 30, 2015
#Pa Buhari: Does This Man Believe In Nigeria?#

●Pa Buhari did not appear before OPUTA PANEL.

●Pa Buhari has been boycotting COUNCIL OF STATE meetings...
The last council of state meeting attended by Buhari was during the ratification of the disputed census figures, which shows that Kano State was still more populous than Lagos despite the fact that Jigawa was carved out of it.

●Pa Buhari won't attend Election Debate, organised by the Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria (BON), a statutory organisation comprising OF ALL TV and Radio Broadcast Stations in Nigeria!

My Take:
●Does this man believe in Nigeria? ●Isn't this man too arrogant to rule Nigeria?
●Shouldn't Pa Buhari also boycott the February 14 Presidential election since he does believe in all FG Govt institutions?
●Since Pa Buhari only trust BBC HAUSA Service, methinks he should only participate in elections conducted by the British Govt.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by BBackOurGlory: 8:31am On Jan 30, 2015
[size=20pt][b]How do you expect him to come for

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 9:32am On Jan 30, 2015
he should not go because the debate is useless.look at the kind of advert they are presenting against APC and Nigerians will not see any thing against that.
APC must win Gej no matter what beacause we all no that gej has failed us.
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 30, 2015
Buhari's problem with the debate to the best of my understanding is not with the organisers but the fear that he will be asked questions bothering on his certificate to which he obviously has no answers to.
Come to think of it APC has repeatedly told us that President Jonathan is clueless and bereft of ideas and vision, and here they are presented with the opportunity to prove beyond reasonable doubt that he is and they are chickening out.

Now let us suppose for a moment that the questions have been leaked to the president as APC claims does that stop the 'progressive, clueful and bright' Buhari from participating? If for no other thing at least to put President Jonathan to shame and expose his deficiencies to the world. They aren't going to ask you questions on the history of Samoa or New Zealand, they aren't going to ask you to discuss the economy of the US or Malawi, they will only ask questions about Nigeria, the Nigeria APC and Buhari claim to know more than PDP and Jonathan.

It's a shame that people are here urging him on, the same people who want change.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by fairheven: 11:15am On Jan 30, 2015
Zaha:
channel is also an apc tv station

Am hearing that from your mouth..but even if so,that wud atleast balance the scale a bit..or wt do u tink?
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Chigold101(m): 11:30am On Jan 30, 2015
Ugom87:

hahaha, ur signature though
Sweety yes now... THat my signature na one in a trillion... Thanks for noticing... grin
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by viashimakelly: 11:31am On Jan 30, 2015
INSIDE STORY: Why Buhari Absconded from Debate With Jonathan
Posted By: Breaking Timeson: January 30, 2015In: Breaking News, Nation, NewsNo Comments
By Yemi Adebowale, Mila Yakubu
The All Progressives Congress (APC) on Thursday announced it will not be featuring in the on-going electioneering public debates on national television and radio, being organized by the Broadcast Organization of Nigeria (BON).
According to Garba Shehu, Director Media and Publicity of the APC Presidential Campaign Organization (APCPCO) in a press statement on Thursday in Abuja, “The Nigeria Election Debate Group (NEDG) powered debate was fraught with fundamental errors from the outset, by wearing the toga of government control, especially being composed mainly of agencies and allies of the incumbent People’s Democratic Party’s (PDP) administration.”
However, BREAKING TIMES investigations on Thursday reveal that APC called off Buhari’s participation in the debate considering General Buhari’s poor preparation and his inability to master relevant details on economy, corruption, unemployment, agriculture, power and other key sectors of the economy. A frustrated communications team had spent the last one week trying to prepare the APC presidential candidate for the debate to no avail.
A source in the Buhari Presidential Campaign Organisation who spoke to BREAKING TIMES on Thursday night on condition of anonymity disclosed that the communications team gave up on Buhari when a foreign consultant flown in from the United States to prep the 72 year old former military Head of State concluded his session hurriedly and angrily as General Buhari showed no improvements in catching up with his mastery of key issues.
According to our source, the APC would not risk anything under the heavens to expose Buhari in his current state to any serious debate.
“It was so bad that even the right pronunciation of certain words was quite difficult. Buhari’s accent was a major issue of concern but the communications team had hoped to get this sorted before the debate but it wasn’t working out. You will notice that even his grasp of the issues during his rallies has been quite incoherent. The team was left with no choice but to call off his participation. Of course they won’t give the public details but this is what happened. The only choice left for the team now is to push Prof. Osinbajo who is more articulate to speak more for the campaign”, the source said.
It will be recalled that in 2011, General Muhammadu Buhari as CPC presidential candidate shunned the same BON debate.
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by whandeykoal(f): 12:34pm On Jan 30, 2015
Faraidi:
you must be an slowpoke.am sure he is even smart than you.MONKEY

Ur case is serious (you must b an(a)slowpoke,am(I'm)sure he is even smart(smarter) than you.
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by kingofpool: 12:35pm On Jan 30, 2015
PenSniper:

Succinctly put. Plus he is arrogant and full of himself. Same way he boycotted the Oputa panel. He just cannot articulate any idea in a simple, good english.
You gat it ryt
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by maxtamazin: 12:35pm On Jan 30, 2015
afbstrategies:

Democratic process does not entail using the media for selfish. corrupt and biased purposes. Take a hard look at those who are behind the debate. I wouldn't even recommend GEJ participating in the debate because there's absolutely nothing to show for his 6 years in office though. Debate, at this moment is actually irrelevant. Do you need more schooling because I am actually a strategist!

You must be a failed strategist, I won't even want you to strategies for my dog. How can you say debate is relevant....so what is more relevant at this critical moment in our history...The mud slinging or media misinformation war from both sides of the political parties? We need a debate...simple
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Remarkable: 1:55pm On Jan 30, 2015
ilugunboy:
I fully aligned with the position of APC.....Nigerians should understand that NTA, AIT have been completely unethical in their programming running up to this election process so far...

APC should avoid anything AIT and NTA.

its seeming that APC''s loss, which I am sure of, will be as a result of its own undoing.

The Truth is a strong weapon, a solution, I call it, that dissolves lies upon lies that may come from wherever the heck it does. Applying the truth, speaking it, is easy; and if you are backing off from a platform, a national platform that will have the eyes and ears of Nigerians and even the international community, to be heard (as well as for the audience to see what liars your opponent is) ...backing down is a bad move, bro; very bad move indeed; what you or Mr. Buhari has said by his action is "I have NO Truths;they got me" ... and he is confirming his loss by this.

Note that , days to the election, when PDP will be firing out more info. on Buhari, it will be too late of course to be heard the same way this debate would have had him heard.

I'm glad that its GEJ till 2019!

Meanwhile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taR-aDUvGXs
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Remarkable: 2:19pm On Jan 30, 2015
ayusco85:

are u an Abian? am servin thr currently and it seems okezuo ikpeazu might win the governorship seat

His name is everywhere, and that is mainly because it is the people of Aba that are campaigning for him - he is a son of (Aba) the soil, has been working in the city, and everyone feels that it is Aba's turn; something interesting is:

everyone hated T.A. Orji (well, honestly, it is mostly, or only Orji Uzor Kalu and his paper, The Sun) and when they wanted to criticize him, they will cite Aba and its streets/bad roads as his failure; all the noise put Aba in the news a lot that the only 2 things other Nigerians knew of Aba was Enyimba and its bad roads. So no matter T.A Orji was doing a lot of work in the state, healthwise, housing, and even roads (check out the roads in Umuahia and its environs and tell us/show what you found) seemed little or nothing as long as Aba was neglected.

As a wise man, fair as well, because these were the people that (I heard, maybe it was a rumor, dunno for show) stoned him with pure water satchets a while ago... yet he now zoned the governorship of PDP to Aba (South)... the only senatorial zone that has not produced a government yet.

When this happened, Abaribe stepped down to support him, the free-est and transparent primary election took place in the state capital, Ikpeazu clinched it, his opponents in other parties are claiming imposition this and that... and want someone else from another senatorial district, who I hear is claiming to be from Aa when he is not... lol but the lies aint doing much, because of allthe hype about Aba, and now the ruling party is eing led by an Aba candidate, hopes are high and watch Ikpeazu put a smile on the faces of umu Aba!

Hope you have a good time in the State, very lovely people. smiley
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by afbstrategies: 3:00pm On Jan 30, 2015
maxtamazin:

You must be a failed strategist, I won't even want you to strategies for my dog. How can you say debate is relevant....so what is more relevant at this critical moment in our history...The mud slinging or media misinformation war from both sides of the political parties? We need a debate...simple

'want you to strategies for my dog' is wrong, strategise or strategize could be better! I can understand such a word is hard for you because you own a dog, but the point is that debating right now is actually not relevant or productive, especially when the entire system which produce even the debate has been compromised. Maybe you are not aware of the allegation that the debate questions have been bought by some folks. At this point, talk is cheap and that's what people like you don't understand. You have made up your mind on Buhari to the point that nothing from him will make you vote for him and his team has figured that out.

Finally, failures are always the first to call others failures, meaning that you just disclosed to everyone that you are a failure. Get a life!
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Remarkable: 3:04pm On Jan 30, 2015
jaybee:

All of you opening your mouths now. But you did not see anything wrong when GEJ refused to honour the presidential debate in 2011 without giving any excuse. Pay back time for PDP. APC is even diplomatic and considerate enough to explain to the electorate. APC is smart; they paid GEJ in his own coin. GEJ should also feel what it means to disappoint others.

Then why do you guys say APC is for change, when they are doing exactly the same thing PDP did?
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by maxtamazin: 5:59pm On Jan 30, 2015
afbstrategies:

'want you to strategies for my dog' is wrong, strategise or strategize could be better! I can understand such a word is hard for you because you own a dog, but the point is that debating right now is actually not relevant or productive, especially when the entire system which produce even the debate has been compromised. Maybe you are not aware of the allegation that the debate questions have been bought by some folks. At this point, talk is cheap and that's what people like you don't understand. You have made up your mind on Buhari to the point that nothing from him will make you vote for him and his team has figured that out.

Finally, failures are always the first to call others failures, meaning that you just disclosed to everyone that you are a failure. Get a life!

Thanks for the correction. It only show what a dumb fool you are if the mistake in my spelling is more important to u than the present state of the nation. If at this stage of your life, you think a debate is irrelevant then I dont need to waste my time with you. I didn't say I won't vote for Buhari, all I want is a debate..wherever, however and whenever. So get that in your thick, little waste of head u call a brain. I know your APC bosses only teach you how to insult but unfortunately for you, u met ur match. Fu**cki tw**at.( this is not a spelling mistake....put the words together and choke on ur saliva)
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by afbstrategies: 6:33pm On Jan 30, 2015
maxtamazin:

Thanks for the correction. It only show what a dumb fool you are if the mistake in my spelling is more important to u than the present state of the nation. If at this stage of your life, you think a debate is irrelevant then I dont need to waste my time with you. I didn't say I won't vote for Buhari, all I want is a debate..wherever, however and whenever. So get that in your thick, little waste of head u call a brain. I know your APC bosses only teach you how to insult but unfortunately for you, u met ur match. Fu**cki tw**at.( this is not a spelling mistake....put the words together and choke on ur saliva)

You don't need to thank me for anything jack. You may have to check your writing before opening your basket mouth and talking rubbish about debates. Over 13,000 Nigerians have been killed by bh and you are sitting in your little hut talking about debates. Losers like you will keep chasing rats when their house in burning. Your display of ignorance and acting like a street thug will not help you. Why don't you go and debate yourself m-o-ron. How's that? You are not my match, not even close ok, keep dreaming!
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by maxtamazin: 6:49pm On Jan 30, 2015
afbstrategies:

You don't need to thank me for anything jack. You may have to check your writing before opening your basket mouth and talking rubbish about debates. Over 13,000 Nigerians have been killed by bh and you are sitting in your little hut talking about debates. Losers like you will keep chasing rats when their house in burning. Your display of ignorance and acting like a street thug will not help you. Why don't you go and debate yourself m-o-ron. How's that? You are not my match, not even close ok, keep dreaming!

I was brought up in a good home so I usually display sign of good upbringing and say thanks when am corrected.....am sure that cannot be said about you.

Back to the issue....am no more surprised you are still making a stand for no debate...good enough some intelligent Nigerians have taken it upon themselves to organize the debate....now where is your boss (General Buhari) going to hide? In your as-s hole? Am sure u gonna like that.....fuc**kin fa-g-got.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Adeosun: Original Vs Fake NYSC Exemption Certificate For 2009 Compared By PT / Go And take Your APV, APC And you must vote - Tinubu Tells Lagosians / Photos Of Governor Ambode And Theresa May In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.