Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate (68104 Views)

#EdoDecides: Obaseki Boycotts Public Debate / Patience Jonathan ​boycotts Presidential Prayer / Why Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate Slated For February 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by wirelessmaster: 5:06pm On Jan 29, 2015
Seun and the Nairaland Team Well-done for your incisive, subjective and PR activity on the campaign activities and issues related to political parties here. Yesterday, some people decided to have an analysis of front page political events reporting for three weeks from the US. I was alerted as well. I have just finished mine with information skewed about 80% or 90% in favour of a particular political party. This was the observation of the group as well.

If the party eventually loses this election, Nairaland is still save. Afterall, Nairaland website is not hosted under .ng top level domain numbering.
As an IT platform, Nairaland is expected to have put the issue of closing down of a platform both website and as VAS in GSM system by authority as a front page issue. Also, campaign of other political parties have not featured prominently in the last one month. It is ratio 8:2 or 9:1
This is not fair.

Buhari as a general and as a former C-in-C does not have to attend such propaganda debate organised by NTA and AIT. I can see the reason for the decline in AIT rating despite huge investment. During Abacha era, most people avoided NTA and presently, while AIT exposed herself to intellectual ridicule with the IP cloning defence it displayed this morning against APC in an online it conducted. I challenge the IT expert of AIT to come out with the online platform used for that poll and the software used for IP scanning that work together with the online poll software used.

Anything can happen on the web, as an IT expert I know that. There are various IP cloning software and methods. What AIT displayed as an evidence on screen was a fluke only for the feeble minds.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by KAYNINI(m): 5:08pm On Jan 29, 2015
kayultimate:
my prayer to All GEJ followers: may God run and manage your life the way Jonathan managed Nigeria in the part six year. can I hear a LOUD AMEN!

i don't wish you anything but i want you to imagine the pains felt by the families of the dead corp members during the last election based on the incitement from your candidate

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by bebford: 5:08pm On Jan 29, 2015
if buhari considers himself incapable of leadership, he shuld tell us because Nigerians find his absence to the presidential debate a sign of incompetence on his part....
it shows dat his not strong enough 2 handle himself in d face of challenges on his part 2 greatness..

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by murorun1(m): 5:08pm On Jan 29, 2015
Let me give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that is true,so freaking what
People carry expo,is that enough to make the prepared ones back out from the examination?

Dats an examination n dis is a debate. Were u ever given d option 2 back out(using ur lang.) During ur exams cos sombody has d expo? Buh in dis case candidate can decide to show up. We hv seen candidates dat didn't show up @ debate without prior excuse.
The man is just a coward
Can't authenticate his result by a simple request to the Cambridge body as requested and and now cannot stand up to convince people he is worthy.

Am so so astonished dat u could call a general 'coward'. So u hv nt heard dat cambridge have attested 2 Buhari's cert. C'mon bro, go update urself.
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by toobby(m): 5:08pm On Jan 29, 2015
mpowa:

Give us a Neutral ground and see if he'll be there or not. why does your clueless one prefer people who'll be asking him A,B,C questions while they are throwing the Ph.D questions at Buhari, your clueless one doesn't need to defend himself on how he's mismanaged the country for 6yrs? Orchestrated debate

Bro neutral or no neutral buhari is afraid an a failure . This are question based on issues occurring in Nigeria. Bro by the way if you wan write exam for school and you notice your mates have been using expo abeg tear your answer sheet. Na f9 go follow m. And na wetin go happen to buhari be Dat. He has been falling and he will still fail.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 29, 2015
ayodot:
when Jonathan fail to attend NN24 debate, I don't think i remember hearing any noise about it.

Enrich Ur MIND

Very true.

....and because of that GEJ ensured that they killed that television station.
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Estellar: 5:10pm On Jan 29, 2015
Obiagelli:

Are you that slow?
When it comes to ''arabic'' language, Yes.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by callmenow: 5:11pm On Jan 29, 2015
itetemi:

a debate with dokpesi as the moderator.with all the lies and bias.
pls,if the debate organisers even have a shred of credibility,they ought to have even told dokpesi to step down from moderating the debate.

See fear. We must obliterate fear and the causes of fear!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by BetaThings: 5:11pm On Jan 29, 2015
ogene007:
What a lame duck excuse to chicken out. It should be clear to all and sundry that Buhari is indeed the clueless one who knows how to make bogus promises without any concrete idea on how to fulfill those promises.

He doesn't want to be asked questions on his committment to the restructuring of nigeria along the lines of fiscal federalism. He does not want to provide the specifics on the proposed change. What a silly and dumb excuse. It should be clear to all right thinking individuals that Buhari is indeed pursuing a Jihadist agenda and wouldn't want the entire country to watch him being exposed.

May God punish all these rulers of darkness of this world who thrive on continuous human sacrifice through boko haram. By the mercy and grace of the Lord God Almighty, GEJ will deliver a crushing defeat to this evil man, come february 14th. GEJ till 2019.
Have you watched a biased interrogator before?
The day Mauoe was trying to keep Jonathan on track on a media chat, the other guys clammed up and made her look like an enemy of Jonathan

Jonathan ran away in 2011 to debate D Banj
So where is the confidence coming from now?

He has been promised expo and soft touch
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by BetaThings: 5:12pm On Jan 29, 2015
callmenow:

See fear. We must obliterate fear and the causes of fear!

Why did Jonathan run away in 2011?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 29, 2015
bebford:
if buhari considers himself incapable of leadership, he shuld tell us because Nigerians find his absence to the presidential debate a sign of incompetence on his part....
it shows dat his not strong enough 2 handle himself in d face of challenges on his part 2 greatness..

And a president will surely face tough situations,what will he do?
Hike up his trousers and pick race?
The man is a disgrace to whoever nominated him and the people that paid for his ticket

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by protouchcakesng: 5:14pm On Jan 29, 2015
i really had this in mind , that the best is for jonathan to debate alone,,,, Ait ,Nta and some other media houses are really houses of decit and shame.. and pls most nigerians are not as educated as GMB ,,, keep wasting your time with the certifictae issue...the debate has nothing to offer us. only to attack oppositions .... and i really wonder how Nigeria been better now from 6 years ago....with all this wrongs in Nigeria alot of people cant see.then they will never see the light again
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by annibro(f): 5:14pm On Jan 29, 2015
Pataki:

[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L0dvb2RsdWNrLUpvbmF0aGFuLWF0LWEtMS1tYW4tZGViYXRlLmpwZ3w2MDA=[/img]

Jonathan has always been debating with himself shamelessly! Even when he already knows the questions beforehand, he will still foolishly disgrace himself. grin

grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by ichidodo: 5:14pm On Jan 29, 2015
annibro:

And why did GEJ boycott dat of 2011 to have one wit D Banj?
Tell him enough of TDB trying 2 cram expo questions given 2 him by d organisers. He can now sleep & rest. We have decided 2 have ours with Timaya
Ask that to the ordinary voter in the street watching Goodluck getting massive airtime articulating his manifesto....All that talk will be dismissed and quashed when our men go to town with this trend of certificatesque proportion,what's more? nobody can accuse us of not being issue based as this here is the 'koko' we are talking about,the issue where a contestant is seen by millions online and offline as a coward,hypocrite and unfit to debate how much less rule Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 29, 2015
babyosisi:

And a president will surely face tough situations,what will he do?
Hike up his trousers and pick race?
The man is a disgrace to whoever nominated him

You are the one disgracing yourself here with your unwillingness to learn.

The campaign organization of GMB did outlined the reasons why they believed the debate organizers are not going to be impartial during the debate considering their pro-government stand on issues surrounding this election..

There is no doubt that PDP will want to use such avenue to promote GEJ and at the same time ridicule GMB ...like they've been running in their adverts.

GMB will submit to any other debate but not the one by government mouth organs.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 29, 2015
beopened:
I am very much in support of Buhari boycotting the silly debates organised by the highly biased NEDG/AIT/BON/NTA/FRCN

The reasons are too obvious to be ignored....

Let Channels/Civic /Human Rights organization organise another debate and i am sure GMB will attend
He will not attend any debate as he is seriously limited in speech departed. In fact, he's being protected by his handlers from talking too much. Which is a smart thing if you ask me because he has nothing to say apart from his usual corruption Bla Bla. He is a dullard with no idea of what to do or say. Any technical question about how to fix nigeria will be answered with corruption is this and that

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 29, 2015
BetaThings:

I am disappointed in you

Do you remember that it was Jonathan that ran away from a debate in 2011 and

instead went to discuss with D Banj?
GEJ's boycotting of that debate was shameful, but it seems that he learned from that debacle. Sometime last year, he agreed to an impromptu interview with a Sahara Reporters journalist on the streets of New York.
In addition, the likes of Reuben Abati, Olisa Metuh and Okupe have all been interviewed by Sahara Reporters.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by princef: 5:16pm On Jan 29, 2015
I pity Nigerians. Some clowns are taking undue advantage of Nigerians, canvasing with selfish interest and feeling kinky. It would hurt us badly. GEJ has "failed" according to APC, but believe me GMB would fail woefully. The youths should see beyond today; the Fashola's Amaechi's, Tinimbu's and even OBJ's have gotten their part of cakes and they want to scramble our future. In this Era of millennium development goals (MDG), APC couldn't see a better candidate than GMB. Fashola castigated Agbaje on age and forgot his presidential candidate (57 vs 73), Abba, what are we saying..are we facing reality, are we truthful to posterity. I would suggest, since we do not have a better candidate for change, we remain the status-quo while APC begins to prepare for 2019.

Consider this, The age group of GMB had been in corridor of power at 30's, how many of our generational group has such opportunity, but we are still jumping and celebrating and recycling around same people at +70s. There are times and seasons. GMB should be a king maker by now - I recall the vision of the 3 witches in Macbeth here. Let GMB prepare someone for 2019 if he's really mean well for Nigeria. If he feels there's no one to trust then we are in deep shit in this country whenever he answer the ancestor's call.

How can APC refuse the so much clamored debate (Ezekwisiri called for it and I hope she won't be quiet here) with very cheap excuses. Send us the prof. to represent GMB after all... and claim the later has travelled. Secondary school children are participating in debates without this kind of bleating sentiments. Even if the media house are PDP or GEJ has expo, my tribe says, you can only give a man questions but not answers. Besides performance, Nigerians want to know how articulate our leader would be considering the international communities. I would end with 2 suggestions in favour of the APC if they mean well for the country.
1. Let the media house give both candidates questions, so that the entire party can help answer. One thing is sure, the intelligent candidate would proof himself during the debate. Even questions arousing from the presentations is okay to differentiate the candidates
2. Let APC organize the debate with any media of their choice, I know GEJ would oblige. we know channels Tv is inclined, they can go ahead with the debate.

Nigerians need the debate. We are tired of GMB antiques. He has never showed up for any public debate, even shunned Oputa panel etc. What is he taking Nigerians for. He's not an island. Youths, open your eye oh oh oh; they are toiling with our future.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by adisman09: 5:16pm On Jan 29, 2015
a man is considered to be a man when he mans up to challenges that are thrown at him. #NO2Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 29, 2015
[size=18pt]Please someone should come up with a cartoon of Buhari running from the debate
Please mention me when it is ready[/size] grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by BetaThings: 5:16pm On Jan 29, 2015
toobby:

Bro neutral or no neutral buhari is afraid an a failure . This are question based on issues occurring in Nigeria. Bro by the way if you wan write exam for school and you notice your mates have been using expo abeg tear your answer sheet. Na f9 go follow m. And na wetin go happen to buhari be Dat. He has been falling and he will still fail.

So the debate of 2011 that Jonathan ran away from was not about Nigeria?
So pls compare likes. You may not attend classes and can still write the exam (election) and pass
and in school everyone can pass unlike election where there is only one winner
Was that not the reason Man U always retained Webb?
In 2011 Jonathan did not show up for debate but contested election
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by bebford: 5:17pm On Jan 29, 2015
#NO2Buhari

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 5:17pm On Jan 29, 2015
APC made a very Great mistake by choosing GrandPa Buhari oooo had it being dey fed in someone DAT dey can be proud of more Dan half Nigerian Voters would have vote for dem but with this Baba no way forward oooo

Nija need a young ,Sharp, and Smart President

#TeamYoungBlood

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by BetaThings: 5:18pm On Jan 29, 2015
babyosisi:
[size=18pt]Please someone should come up with a cartoon of Buhari running from the debate
Please mention me when it is ready[/size]
Get the 2011 cartoon of Jonathan running away from the debate and put Buhari's name and 2015 on it
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by heywhytech1(m): 5:18pm On Jan 29, 2015
People's general will never derail so low to attend debate organize by NTA& AIT. Let neural body organize debate and see how GMB will punish GEJ for his stupidity and wayward life moreover debate or no debate People have decided.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by BetaThings: 5:19pm On Jan 29, 2015
babyosisi:
Please mention me when it is ready[/size]
[size=22pt]Get the 2011 cartoon of Jonathan running away from the debate and put Buhari's name and 2015 on it[/size]

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 29, 2015
Estellar:
When it comes to ''arabic'' language, Yes.
grin grin
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Descartes: 5:19pm On Jan 29, 2015
murorun1:
Let me give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that is true,so freaking what
People carry expo,is that enough to make the prepared ones back out from the examination?

Dats an examination n dis is a debate. Were u ever given d option 2 back out(using ur lang.) During ur exams cos sombody has d expo? Buh in dis case candidate can decide to show up. We hv seen candidates dat didn't show up @ debate without prior excuse.
The man is just a coward
Can't authenticate his result by a simple request to the Cambridge body as requested and and now cannot stand up to convince people he is worthy.

Am so so astonished dat u could call a general 'coward'. So u hv nt heard dat cambridge have attested 2 Buhari's cert. C'mon bro, go update urself.
Which Cambridge? It has no time for a fraudster.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by kengeorge2013: 5:19pm On Jan 29, 2015

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Bifwoli: 5:21pm On Jan 29, 2015
Haha,the semi-literate GMB is scared that he'll be found out.

Incapable of debate,incapable of clear speech only means GMB is incapable of Aso Rock.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by meforyou1(m): 5:21pm On Jan 29, 2015
This semi illiterate, certificate forger, commander in chief of boko haram wants to rule this country without participating in presidential debate?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by kiuusm(m): 5:21pm On Jan 29, 2015
slap1:
Lol
This man should just do us all a favour and step down. If you can't debate with the so-called 'clueless' GEJ, how do you intend to tackle the intellectually-tasking and complex demands of running a democratic country?

If he suspects any form of connivance, he should suggest that a more trusted body handle the debates. APC and co have been asking the PDP to forget the certificate issue and face real matters. Now the time to face real matters is upon us and they're looking for an escape route.

He has done pesidential debate 2011..in a neutral ground it was GEJ that refused tp participat. do u think he is is not intellectual or afraid to debate.. he has enumerated his reasons and it's very obvious is not going to be a fair play..

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

Photos Of President Buhari Receiving His WAEC Certificate. / My Visit To The EFCC Carpark (photos) - Ajayiwrites / Peter Obi And Bishop Oyedepo Leaked Audio By Peoples Gazette

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.