Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate (68119 Views)

#EdoDecides: Obaseki Boycotts Public Debate / Patience Jonathan ​boycotts Presidential Prayer / Why Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate Slated For February 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by TruthPower: 4:55pm On Jan 29, 2015
For a closely contested election, I figure his handlers made the political calculation. That the electorates berating from non participation in the debate was more absolvable and managed than a poor performance in the debate.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by menesheh(m): 4:55pm On Jan 29, 2015
Louislewis:
[size=16pt]It has been my expectation. It is long expected even though, it has not happen, but fully sure is going to happen.

There is no amount of reason(s) that will be given for his non-appearance than his style of trying to dulge questions like

1.) How will he fight the Boko Haram, which he has no ideal. He has been saying "I will fight Boko Haram"...How? No idea

2.) How will he stabilised the price of oil, which he knows he can't answer any economy question. "I will stabilize oil price"...How? No idea

3.) About his certificate, which he has no solution to it? Neither did he have it .Ashamed of being regarded as incorruptible, but yet, fake certificate saga.

4.) How will he create jobs for the masses? "I will create job"...How? No idea

5.) Being a religious fundamentalist. Which will be difficult to defend.

6.) His pasted atrocities against the Yoruba leaders (so many to mentioned) and some other notable Nigerians in the name of fighting corruptions, which no answer to justify his actions.

APC know he cannot answer most of question on how is going to govern Nigeria beyond I WILL ...., but how, He has no idea. APC is trying to use Osinbanjo clean his (Buhari's) image and weakness. What a shame![/size]

simple and precise

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Forwetinnah: 4:56pm On Jan 29, 2015
spott:
I support the reasons for shunning this biased debate. NTA and AIT both strong members of the NERD are strongly allied to the incumbent GEJ which will end come FeBuhari14 with or without a debate.

Is OBJ contesting with GEJ? Why not compare with Buhari?? Sly people

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 29, 2015
AIT and NTA would surely handpick the questions they would ask GEJ and even at that they would surely give him the questions in advance so he can prepare for them aka expo. Buhari is not afraid of any debate but in all fairness if a debate must hold it has to be organized by a neutral body like Channels, STV and TVC. Let all players have an equal opportunity to show their worth not using NTA and AIT because we all know whom they represent.
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Zaha(m): 4:56pm On Jan 29, 2015
fairheven:
Why didn't they involve credible an independent minded TV stations like CHANNELS?
channel is also an apc tv station

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by itetemi: 4:56pm On Jan 29, 2015
[quote
author=wildikeman post=30246372] if Matin Luther king and other great
heroes had abandoned every debate and public occasions such as this
because of biased minds against them. What would have happened to the
human race. we need Umbrella and a perhaps a clueless president to
represent us ...we don't need cowards. We don't need Buhari!!![/quote]

its not running from debate.its about being neutral and professional.
will pres. obama or any US democrat attend a debate by fox news.
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by dunkem21(m): 4:57pm On Jan 29, 2015
babyosisi:

The man obviously cannot think on his feet
An intelligent with a precise and convincing plan will boldly face his enemy in their own turf
This man wants to be president and he is as fearful and cowardly as this
That should set off a red flag
He is unfit to rule

I really wonder what we got ourselves into.
A smart person will take this opportunity and score valuable political points instead of chickening out.
How can a timid man like this, dream of being a president; Oh, Nigerians? ..at this age?
Talk about your certificate, you no gree; Debate again, you run.

I ask, would Osinbajo decline a debate session even if its NTA conducting it?

Why is the APC bent on foisting a mediocre to Nigerians?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by luvprince4real(m): 4:57pm On Jan 29, 2015
D very day APC presented buhari as their flag bearer was d day dey lost d election. I was expecting pple like Fashola, tambuwal, oshomole, kwankwaso even shetima. Buhari is not salable there4 will not win. in nigeria religion is politics and a known religious extremist weda christian or muslim (except God says otherwise) will nt win an election in nigeria. I wonder y d north need's dis power so desperately y is anybody not thinking about d ibos? Ar they not nigerians? Since after d days of dr. nnamdi azikiwe and aguiyi ironsi who was killed in 1966 by d animal called theophilus danjuma now calling for d arrest of niger delta ex war lords bcus of his interest in d niger delta (oil block), no ibo man/woman has ever occupied dat seat, as a nigerian who believe in equity and fairness here is my verdict
GEJ till 2019
An ibo man (even if na slowpoke) 2019-2027.
Then we will think of who next.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Pataki: 4:58pm On Jan 29, 2015
[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L0dvb2RsdWNrLUpvbmF0aGFuLWF0LWEtMS1tYW4tZGViYXRlLmpwZ3w2MDA=[/img]

Jonathan has always been debating with himself shamelessly! Even when he already knows the questions beforehand, he will still foolishly disgrace himself. grin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 29, 2015
wildikeman:
if Matin Luther king and other great heroes had abandoned every debate and public occasions such as this because of biased minds against them. What would have happened to the human race. we need Umbrella and a perhaps a clueless president to represent us ...we don't need cowards. We don't need Buhari!!!
Words on marble!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by slap1(m): 4:59pm On Jan 29, 2015
verygudbadguy:

I would love him (GMB) to pertake in the debate but trust politicians, they go extra mile to prove their points. I'm sure some other groups would come up with debate ideas if he eventually boycotts this one.

This country cannot afford to remain like this. I pray for God's intervention in the incoming administration so that we can have leaders who would consider the interest of the masses rather than theirs.

#LetTheBestManForNaijaWinFeb2015
If you ask for my candid opinion, I'll tell you GEJ isn't the best we have in this country. That said, Buhari is not even an option, for me.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by menesheh(m): 4:59pm On Jan 29, 2015
jellykiks:
Is Dubai ruled by PHD holders?so pls stop d noise about degree and let concentrate on getting things done in Nigeria.if we av been doing same thing with same party for so long without any change ,would it not be wise to do it differently. If degree holders have not succeeded during d democratic suspension then let give BUHARI a chance.

how i wish buhari never rule nigeria before, we can easily give him a try to test his magic but the same man have rule and absolutely nothing to show of his past administration rather than iron iron iron

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by tonychristopher: 5:00pm On Jan 29, 2015
HE IS NOT INTELLECTALLLY SOUND TO DEBATE WITH GEJ..WE KNOW THAT

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Uchelucky(m): 5:00pm On Jan 29, 2015
Even if you prepared the information before hand and give Buhari,he can't win GEJ on a debate.
less I forget, that ur course mate in school is carrying XPO won't stop am intelligent candidate from writing and passing his exams.
That you don't like ur lecturer won't stop him from setting exam for yu, marking ur scripts etc.
An illiterate is an illiterate no matter what. He will always find an excuse for failing his courses.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by ManUtdholic: 5:00pm On Jan 29, 2015
ignis:
It's now obvious that this man is an illiterate.
Like seriously, why is he scared of debate?
Anyway he took the right decision, because the effect of going for the debate is more catastrophic than the affect of boycotting it.
This remind me of the saying, "it's better to keep quiet let others think you are a fool than opening your mouth and clear all doubts".

GMB is a wise man.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by mpowa(m): 5:00pm On Jan 29, 2015
Forwetinnah:

I keep reminding people like you that Buhari NEVER RULED FOR ONE DAY in the 80s, all he did was hunt down his enemies while Idiagbon did all the ruling..even if it was organized " on an empty ground", he still wouldn't come. Buhari is someone who doesn't want his authority challenged, to him he doesn't need to explain himself to anyone and he knows he has quite a lot to answer to

That's the image you people worked so hard to shove down our throat, and the more you try, the more popular he gets. If that's the case, why was he there at a neutral platform in 2011 and the clueless one's stand vacant, he preferred to debate with D Banj who wasn't contesting in the election.
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by luvprince4real(m): 5:00pm On Jan 29, 2015
naijadeyhia:
AIT and NTA would surely handpick the questions they would ask GEJ and even at that they would surely give him the questions in advance so he can prepare for them aka expo. Buhari is not afraid of any debate but in all fairness if a debate must hold it has to be organized by a neutral body like Channels, STV and TVC. Let all players have an equal opportunity to show their worth not using NTA and AIT because we all know whom they represent.
Did u just mention TVC? The same TVC own by tinubu abi anoda one?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by udatso: 5:01pm On Jan 29, 2015
lyntiffany:
shut the Bleep up! it's only a dead man that can't defend himself.
sometimes I wonder how you guys reason, you gave my opponent a gun with lots of ammo and you left me with nothing yet you expect me to fight and prove that am better. does that make sense to you?it's a debate not just about selling ideas to the public alone. if I am the dullest in a class and I got questions before exam, trust me not even the brightest of students would match me. so let's not allow sentiment be cloud our judgement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 29, 2015
elantraceey:
Not suprised .

He knows people won't understand 70% of what he will say hence the fear .

If he doesn't trust that body the both should put head together and bring up another instead of making excuses.
dats rite,,anoda tread 4 pdp lapdogs so fire on with the critics....
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by ichidodo: 5:02pm On Jan 29, 2015
The tsunami of public support for Goodluck will be overwhelming the moment word gets out in the papers -Fani kayode must be sharpening knives and cutlasses by now-that Buhari ducked this one,worse still for APC is if this debate is allowed to happen with only Goodluck left to serenade undecided voters in their millions,this is the real politicking we are talking about but APC will content themselves with the virtual world, rigging online polls and funding Boko haram ....we can hardly contain ourselves with happiness...this is a PR disaster for the APC.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by ndcide(m): 5:03pm On Jan 29, 2015
Oh no!!

an epic somersault by GMB

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by ogene007: 5:03pm On Jan 29, 2015
What a lame duck excuse to chicken out. It should be clear to all and sundry that Buhari is indeed the clueless one who knows how to make bogus promises without any concrete idea on how to fulfill those promises.

He doesn't want to be asked questions on his committment to the restructuring of nigeria along the lines of fiscal federalism. He does not want to provide the specifics on the proposed change. What a silly and dumb excuse. It should be clear to all right thinking individuals that Buhari is indeed pursuing a Jihadist agenda and wouldn't want the entire country to watch him being exposed.

May God punish all these rulers of darkness of this world who thrive on continuous human sacrifice through boko haram. By the mercy and grace of the Lord God Almighty, GEJ will deliver a crushing defeat to this evil man, come february 14th. GEJ till 2019.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 29, 2015
dunkem21:

I really wonder what we got ourselves into.
A smart person will take this opportunity and score valuable political points instead of chickening out.
How can a timid man like this, dream of being a president; Oh, Nigerians? ..at this age?
Talk about your certificate, you no gree; Debate again, you run.

I ask, would Osinbajo decline a debate session even if its NTA conducting it?

Why is the APC bent on foisting a mediocre to Nigerians?

Even as I dey now with no political experience whatsoever
I can conveniently debate Jonathan and do it successfully even if all the questions were made up by him.
I will simply pick him apart in any points he brings up and confidently appeal to the conscience of the listeners

The man is dumb
And they dare call GEJ clueless

Why didn't APC present Oby Ezekwesili as their candidate?
I bet you that woman can defeat any of the candidates even she just wakes up from bed to speak
But She is Igbo and a woman so doesn't qualify
In 2015, a party presents a dunce to rule Nigeria
It is very sad
GEJ is not good and they want a change and this is the change?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by annibro(f): 5:04pm On Jan 29, 2015
slap1:
Lol
This man should just do us all a favour and step down. If you can't debate with the so-called 'clueless' GEJ, how do you intend to tackle the intellectually-tasking and complex demands of running a democratic country?

If he suspects any form of connivance, he should suggest that a more trusted body handle the debates. APC and co have been asking the PDP to forget the certificate issue and face real matters. Now the time to face real matters is upon us and they're looking for an escape route.

And why did GEJ boycott dat of 2011 to have one wit D Banj?
Tell him enough of TDB trying 2 cram expo questions given 2 him by d organisers. He can now sleep & rest. We have decided 2 have ours with Timaya

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 29, 2015
lyntiffany:
[s]shut the Bleep up! it's only a dead man that can't defend himself[/s].

As usual ..let GEJ go and debate himself.
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Descartes: 5:05pm On Jan 29, 2015
Hmmm...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 29, 2015
luvprince4real:
D very day APC presented buhari as their flag bearer was d day dey lost d election. I was expecting pple like Fashola, tambuwal, oshomole, kwankwaso even shetima. Buhari is not salable there4 will not win. in nigeria religion is politics and a known religious extremist weda christian or muslim (except God says otherwise) will nt win an election in nigeria. I wonder y d north need's dis power so desperately y is anybody not thinking about d ibos? Ar they not nigerians? Since after d days of dr. nnamdi azikiwe and aguiyi ironsi who was killed in 1966 by d animal called theophilus danjuma now calling for d arrest of niger delta ex war lords bcus of his interest in d niger delta (oil block), no ibo man/woman has ever occupied dat seat, as a nigerian who believe in equity and fairness here is my verdict
GEJ till 2019
An ibo man (even if na slowpoke) 2019-2027.
Then we will think of who next.
it seems u havent been followin d political tread or u lack vtal info so i will enlighten u dat d ibos have a presidntl canditate so u can as well vote 4 him n i wish u both luck...
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Descartes: 5:06pm On Jan 29, 2015
ilugunboy:

You are always aggressive. Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Billygee2u: 5:06pm On Jan 29, 2015
spott:
I support the reasons for shunning this biased debate. NTA and AIT both strong members of the NERD are strongly allied to the incumbent GEJ which will end come FeBuhari14 with or without a debate.

responsible Nigerians are not surprised and deceived that APC is = All Cameleon Party ,Aggrieved Criminal Party

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by BetaThings: 5:06pm On Jan 29, 2015
elantraceey:
Not suprised .

He knows people won't understand 70% of what he will say hence the fear .

If he doesn't trust that body the both should put head together and bring up another instead of making excuses.

I am disappointed in you

Do you remember that it was Jonathan that ran away from a debate in 2011 and

instead went to discuss with D Banj?
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by menesheh(m): 5:06pm On Jan 29, 2015
verygudbadguy:

While i prefer to be neutral btw PDP n APC, i'd like to point out to you that this is not the first time boycott is happening during the presidential debate.
As a matter of fact, President Goodluck Jonathan started it. Another point is, NTA has a reputation of being biaz and PDP friendly.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ahead-of-polls-jonathan-debates-with-himself/88776/

thanks for ur observation but this is just a debate that can happen in any media outlet especially this critical moment of change and engaging an incubent.
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by itetemi: 5:06pm On Jan 29, 2015
[quote
author=tolexy007 post=30244949]i swear if buhari no come for d debate,
make he forget my vote. dat means he is clueless dan d clueless [/quote]

a debate with dokpesi as the moderator.with all the lies and bias.
pls,if the debate organisers even have a shred of credibility,they ought to have even told dokpesi to step down from moderating the debate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

Meet Justice Adebukola Banjoko, Tough Female Judge That Jailed Nyame & Dariye / Nigerians Blast Zahra Buhari For Making Mistake While Defending Her Dad / President Paul Biya's Gift To Buhari In Cameroon (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.