Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,253 members, 7,815,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate (68115 Views)

#EdoDecides: Obaseki Boycotts Public Debate / Patience Jonathan ​boycotts Presidential Prayer / Why Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate Slated For February 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 29, 2015
verygudbadguy:

Read!
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ahead-of-polls-jonathan-debates-with-himself/88776/

Malam Nuhu Ribadu (ACN), Malam Ibrahim Shekarau (ANPP) and Major General Muhammadu Buhari (CPC) decided to boycott the debate because of Jonathan’s absence at the one organised by NN24 TV two weeks ago without any apology.

You are not sharp at all... what is connection between Jonathan, Shekarau and Ribadu with 2003 presidential election? I'm referring to 2003 presidential debate between Obasanjo and Buhari, you are talking about 2011. Keep up or jog on

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 29, 2015
peckhamboi:
I am 100% in support of this move by Behar.

The Chairman, Board of trustees of NEDG is also the Director-General of the Nigerian Television Authority, Mr. Sola Omole

You only need to watch a little bit of NTA recently to know their level of bias and partisanism

APC are not attending your useless debate if it can't be organised by a neutral body.

Sai Buhari
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by fairheven: 4:42pm On Jan 29, 2015
Why didn't they involve credible an independent minded TV stations like CHANNELS?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by DWJOBScom(m): 4:42pm On Jan 29, 2015
ichidodo:
Well said brother....

Thanks for hailing him brother

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by wirinet(m): 4:42pm On Jan 29, 2015
[size=14pt]Jonathan should first attend a debate organized by Sahara Reporters, TVC and premiumtimes first ,[/size] then Buhari would attend the one organized by NTA, AIT and FRCN.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by prettyboi1(m): 4:42pm On Jan 29, 2015
I would definitely be voting for Buhari by God's Grace. However, I don't support this move because it will be another desperate move by the PDP to ridicule his integrity and the integrity of the APC. I however suggest that both parties organize a debate anchored by absolutely neutral umpires so that Nigerians can get the best of what would be debated about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 29, 2015
chrisbaba1:
[size=18pt]Mixed feelings..... The truth is even if expo is given to your classmate, and you read very well on your own, your classmates result does not affect yours..... If buhari is prepared, i think he should be able to answer any question regardless of if jonathan has the expo or not, the questions are not in Spanish or french na, its English........ If you are good you are good......

I am actually highly disappointed.......
[/size]

Word!!! angry

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by mpowa(m): 4:44pm On Jan 29, 2015
toobby:
some one that Can't even stand and defend himself isn't worthy of being the president of over 170 million people. Now shouldn't it be a medium where he should be able to convince Nigerians why we should vote him. This is not a good reason why he shouldn't partake in the debate. Even their so called campaign which was suppose to be issue based, since when the campaign started general buhari hasn't even spoke for more than 8min in each campaign and he hasn't been able to convince people what he will do.

I rather vote the clueless.

Give us a Neutral ground and see if he'll be there or not. why does your clueless one prefer people who'll be asking him A,B,C questions while they are throwing the Ph.D questions at Buhari, your clueless one doesn't need to defend himself on how he's mismanaged the country for 6yrs? Orchestrated debate
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by ichidodo: 4:44pm On Jan 29, 2015
Wait till this gets out to the polity that Buhari boycotted the debate.-there will be mad public frenzy at the expense of APC's image-...The final nail on buhari's coffin will be when the debate goes on at schedule with GEJ as the star of the moment articulating his manifesto to millions of Nigerians all round the world and Buhari in the shadows without a platform to campaign his manifesto is left to mull in silence and imminent defeat...Oh! what an own goal by the APC...its gonna be fantastic!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Forwetinnah: 4:45pm On Jan 29, 2015
DaMaster:

Bro, you need to watch NTA news to know the real reason.

At least, 4 out of the first six headlines are always about GEJ's bid.

What a corrupt way of using the power of incumbency!
What a bias TV station!
What a shame to have GEJ as president.

Here is the link for your attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQKEgXaxD6U

Buhari should use Power of born to rule too..haven't you seen how they cover APC rallies, why is PDP not complaining??

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 29, 2015
tolexy007:
i swear if buhari no come for d debate, make he forget my vote. dat means he is clueless dan d clueless

The debate organisers are PDP wings, besides Jonathan has always been a lone debater. So what honour is there going for something biased and not neutral? Why can't they let InEC chose a neutral organisation like channels to organize it?
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by joanpinkie(f): 4:46pm On Jan 29, 2015
beopened:
I am very much in support of Buhari boycotting the silly debates organised by the highly biased NEDG/AIT/BON/NTA/FRCN

The reasons are too obvious to be ignored....

Let Channels/Civic /Human Rights organization organise another debate and i am sure GMB will attend

Channels will mess you people up. Remember what they did to "my oga at the top" yours will be a worst case scenerio!

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by ayindejimmy(m): 4:46pm On Jan 29, 2015
In the last election Gej didn't attend the debate held by a neutral body. And other candidates boycotted the NTA debate too. In view of the partisan nature of all government parastatals, an independent and neutral body should conduct election debates. I can't blame apc

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Amyeo: 4:47pm On Jan 29, 2015
kendrick9:
what a disgrace.. just when u think buhari can't sink no lower,he then sinks even more deeper..
buhari has no excuse at all not to attend this debate,to hell with all this rubbish about NTA being bias..
The fact is buhari isn't educated enough to rule this country....Apc should be ashamed of presenting this fulani cattle rearer as its candidate
Hahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 29, 2015
If you know u can't afford to run your gen for 18 hours a day or you complain of buying fuel all the time to run your gen And you are here supporting GEJ , I'm sorry 4 u.
Those who are in support of GEJ are those gaining from his government.
If you know you dey manage to get money browse, u no get job, u are somehow suffering n you are here supportimg GEJ. I'm sorry for you o.
you have chance for change- think well.
If GEJ enter again na more money for me n my hubby-( this government na family biz cheesy )
I'm really sorry for nigerian jobless graduates n those guys on the street and that's why Im here advocating change

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by am4truth(m): 4:49pm On Jan 29, 2015
I agree 100% with APC stand on this. I think we need to be very transparent on this

The whole thing from the beginning has not been transparent enough. If you listen to NTA, AIT, FRCN etc, you would know they are more tinted towards the government of the land.

Most of these organisation are FG parastatals, except AIT who enjoys government patronage.

If I were Buhari, I wont attend such a debate. Can you say 100% that the President would be privy to the questions before the date. Let another organisation like Channels, TVC organise this, and people would welcome such.

Before I sign out, let me say a big, big thank you to all you guys/babes that have been patronising us @ 9jasmsland.com

Our Price for 1GB remains N1300 for both Etisalat and MTN.
You can equally get your Bulk sms @ 2 Naira per unit.

We are grateful.. We promise not to let you down.

9jasmsland.com, the best place to get your internet data and bulk sms. See you there.

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 29, 2015
Forwetinnah:

Don't you think it would be befitting for Buhari to go rub GEJs "kwaraftion" all over his face in this debate?? He should just keep shouting "GEJ is kwaraft" to any question he's asked...simples
My Dear, how do you expect the Amiable General to take AIT and co serious after all they have been doing to him? Can a man be a judge in his own case? The organisers are partisan, they have lost every moral right to continue in that capacity. Nigerians will punish Jonathan

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by callmenow: 4:49pm On Jan 29, 2015
yetibabe:

I will prefer an honest and strong president to what we currently have. I remember the time of Buhari's previous presidency as a time when ALL Nigerians worked to be better stewards of their country. I hope to see that again. Anyone supporting the PDP now are in one way or another invested in the failure of our beloved country.

Buhari was a failure during the eighties. I bet you that he surely regrets throwing his hat in the ring this year. BABANGIDA will be thanking his lucky stars that he is not facing JONATHAN in 2015. The thing is that we are now in 2015. Democratic setting compared with the military era, when no question is tolerated. The APC emperor has been exposed with no clothes. Truly nigerians don't like what they are seeing. Admit that you choice in men is trashy and dirty. It is not too late to join the train to Transformation. It is now or never.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by yetibabe: 4:50pm On Jan 29, 2015
hansad:

Flawless campaign? Campaign by a party whose flag bearer could not even satisfy the most minimum requirements to contest presidential election. Where is Buhari's Secondary School Leaving Certificate to convince INEC and Nigerians that he attended secondary school?

Or do you think most Nigerians are like you - anything goes?[/b]

I am sorry your argument no longer holds water. All questions about the General's academic achievements. His school has released his Secondary School Leaving Certificate as well as a copy of the GCE-WASC Masterlist to avoid any appearances of impropriety. The Cambridge GCE Board in the UK has gone as far as listing on their website the accuracy of the WASC report with regard to the subjects that were offered in the 1961 test. In my opinion, PDP should look towards recapturing the presidency in 2019 and not add to the current damage they are imposing on themselves with this certificate brouhaha.

Sai Buhari!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by blaise26abj(m): 4:50pm On Jan 29, 2015
slap1:
Lol
This man should just do us all a favour and step down. If you can't debate with the so-called 'clueless' GEJ, how do you intend to tackle the intellectually-tasking and complex demands of running a democratic country?

If he suspects any form of connivance, he should suggest that a more trusted body handle the debates. APC and co have been asking the PDP to forget the certificate issue and face real matters. Now the time to face real matters is upon us and they're looking for an escape route.

For your information, President GEJ boycotted the presidential debate of 2011 and was the sole attendant of the NTA debate. So stop shouting foul when GEJ is no better.

Shekarau won that 2011 debate by the way.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Zaha(m): 4:50pm On Jan 29, 2015
kayultimate:
my prayer to All GEJ followers: may God run and manage your life the way Jonathan managed Nigeria in the part six year. can I hear a LOUD AMEN!
may God also run and manage ur life d way faibuhari ran dis country when he was head of state
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Forwetinnah: 4:50pm On Jan 29, 2015
mpowa:

Give us a Neutral ground and see if he'll be there or not. why does your clueless one prefer people who'll be asking him A,B,C questions while they are throwing the Ph.D questions at Buhari, your clueless one doesn't need to defend himself on how he's mismanaged the country for 6yrs? Orchestrated debate

I keep reminding people like you that Buhari NEVER RULED FOR ONE DAY in the 80s, all he did was hunt down his enemies while Idiagbon did all the ruling..even if it was organised " on an empty ground", he still wouldn't come. Buhari is someone who doesn't want his authority challenged, to him he doesn't need to explain himself to anyone and he knows he has quite a lot to answer to

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by soullove1881(m): 4:51pm On Jan 29, 2015
hikmojj:
VOTE BUHARI VOTE CHANGE

as you are voting for buhari, remember to vote for your pocket.
see how you can make extra #500,000 as aliexpress VIP.

Click on the below link
http://www.goldencart..com/2015/01/how-i-make-500000-monthly-as-vip-member.html
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by yetibabe: 4:51pm On Jan 29, 2015
callmenow:

Buhari was a failure during the eighties. I bet you that he surely regrets throwing his hat in the ring this year. BABANGIDA will be thanking his lucky stars that he is not facing JONATHAN in 2015. The thing is that we are now in 2015. Democratic setting compared with the military era, when no question is tolerated. The APC emperor has been exposed with no clothes. Truly nigerians don't like what they are seeing. Admit that you choice in men is trashy and dirty. It is not too late to join the train to Transformation. It is now or never.

LOL! You are so funny!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by itetemi: 4:51pm On Jan 29, 2015
[quote
author=CFCfan post=30244797]This would be a bad move on Buhari's part.
Although the debate organizers are members of govt parastatals, the
debate panel comprises seasoned journalists who have built stellar
reputations over a period of time.
Buhari should have used the opportunity provided by the debate to, once
and for all, clear all misconceptions about him and expatiate on his
manifesto. [/quote]
with dokpesi as moderator.
if the debate organisers had a shred of credibility,they ought to have even told dokpesi to step down as moderator.
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by mpowa(m): 4:52pm On Jan 29, 2015
ichidodo:
Wait till this gets out to the polity that Buhari boycotted the debate.-there will be mad public frenzy at the expense of APC's image-...The final nail on buhari's coffin will be when the debate goes on at schedule with GEJ as the star of the moment articulating his manifesto to millions of Nigerians all round the world and Buhari in the shadows without a platform to campaign his manifesto is left to mull in silence and imminent defeat...Oh! what an own goal by the APC...its gonna be fantastic!!

There won't be any frenzy except from d PDP, I initially was almost disappointed when i saw the headline, but when i got reasons, I agreed with it 100%. Let's have a neutral body organize the debate, not people who's been smearing his image for weeks now.

Really, people have made up their minds already, it makes no difference, debate or no debate FeBuhari beacons!
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by SailorXY: 4:52pm On Jan 29, 2015
smh seriously
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by deeptesting(m): 4:52pm On Jan 29, 2015
babyosisi:

[size=18pt]
Let me give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that is true,so freaking what
People carry expo,is that enough to make the prepared ones back out from the examination?
The man is just a coward
Can't authenticate his result by a simple request to the Cambridge body as requested and and now cannot stand up to convince people he is worthy.
[/size]

Sorry i dozed off while reading your comment,you simply don`t understand politics.
Buhari`s decision is a welcome development for discerning individuals who can read in between the lines and not for adolescents who just want to see a debate for fun.

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Pataki: 4:52pm On Jan 29, 2015
silvernus0:

That first pix was in yaradua's election debate stop deceiving pple, jonathan was his vice then.

How old are you?

So Ribadu and Shekarau also contested during Yar'Adua election? Are you paid not to use your brain before spewing out nonsense?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Sanchez01: 4:53pm On Jan 29, 2015
babyosisi:

[size=18pt]
Let me give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that is true,so freaking what
People carry expo,is that enough to make the prepared ones back out from the examination?
The man is just a coward
Can't authenticate his result by a simple request to the Cambridge body as requested and and now cannot stand up to convince people he is worthy.
[/size]
[size=13pt]It's a shame this is is coming from someone who is supposedly married (judging by your sig). You have a bacckward mentality and as such, the true reason for a debate, according to you, could still be achieved either a candidate see the questions beforehand. This is exactly what affects our polity. Romney and Obama's debate will always be a reference point, and that is due to the fact that it was challenging and an eye opener of what a debate should be like. Jonathan and his cohorts used AIT to poke at GMB, his late wife and daughters, and the same media body is the one assigned alongside some other Fed media bodies. I'd prefer to see a neutral media body take charge of the campaign and if indeed GEJ is interested in a TRUE debate, let him write to Christiane Amanpour of CNN. And stop typing rubbish as if your brain is on 4G when it's actually on SOS. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by lyntiffany(f): 4:53pm On Jan 29, 2015
ilugunboy:

I don't trust any debate to be anchored by NTA and AIT......they are not hiding their bias.

GEJ at this point cannot convince reasonable people again on why he should be giving another term...even with a debate.
shut the Bleep up! it's only a dead man that can't defend himself.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Jesusloveyou: 4:54pm On Jan 29, 2015
Let gej do his debate with ait and nta,buhari wil do his own with channel and tvc.while wil gej use nigerian television to propagate lies to nigerians.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Meet Justice Adebukola Banjoko, Tough Female Judge That Jailed Nyame & Dariye / Nigerians Blast Zahra Buhari For Making Mistake While Defending Her Dad / President Paul Biya's Gift To Buhari In Cameroon (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.