Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,285 members, 7,815,480 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate (68117 Views)

#EdoDecides: Obaseki Boycotts Public Debate / Patience Jonathan ​boycotts Presidential Prayer / Why Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate Slated For February 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by bakila: 4:29pm On Jan 29, 2015
slap1:
Lol
This man should just do us all a favour and step down. If you can't debate with the so-called 'clueless' GEJ, how do you intend to tackle the intellectually-tasking and complex demands of running a democratic country?

If he suspects any form of connivance, he should suggest that a more trusted body handle the debates. APC and co have been asking the PDP to forget the certificate issue and face real matters. Now the time to face real matters is upon us and they're looking for an escape route.

https://www.nairaland.com/2076708/evidence-buhari-went-school-pics
https://www.nairaland.com/2108231/nigeria-needs-jonathan-ASUU

you see your life above? That is what people like Omeri, Mbanefo, Omole and Dokpesi eat, drink, dream, fart and defectt all the time. No sensible man will appear on a debate starring GEJ with them.
On another note some of the weaker candidate may collect money for participating in this.
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 29, 2015
This is a welcome development. The organisers have shown time and time again that they are officers and employees of the clueless President, we won't be a party to their charade. Muhammadu Buhari is the people's candidate and we are resolved to return him to power. The PDP should enjoy their debate.

Sai Buhari
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by toobby(m): 4:29pm On Jan 29, 2015
some one that Can't even stand and defend himself isn't worthy of being the president of over 170 million people. Now shouldn't it be a medium where he should be able to convince Nigerians why we should vote him. This is not a good reason why he shouldn't partake in the debate. Even their so called campaign which was suppose to be issue based, since when the campaign started general buhari hasn't even spoke for more than 8min in each campaign and he hasn't been able to convince people what he will do.

I rather vote the clueless.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:29pm On Jan 29, 2015
slap1:
Point taken. And I know this isn't the first time. However, this is a debate where, I assume, they will be asked similar questions. I see little need for Buhari to choose a boycott...he already has so many question marks on his candidature and should have taken up the challenge, unless he clearly has nothing to say.
Apart from the organizers being pro-PDP, there is this fear that Jonathan would be given the questions before the date. Also the debate won't be real. I will love a debate like that between Obama and Romney, where they challenged each other on policies. I don't want what we have been accustomed to here, where the moderators interrupt always.
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by henrinco(m): 4:29pm On Jan 29, 2015
Seeing the questions before the debate truncates the whole process. It is very obvious GEJ will see the questions before hand... The general should boycott it.
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by 30pence: 4:30pm On Jan 29, 2015
doyin1985:
http://www.thecable.ng/breaking-buhari-shuns-bon-presidential-debate | TheCable

What d'you expect?

85% of comments credited to buhari were not comming truly from Him.

All i hear and see is the voicing and strategies coming from Tinubu.

That guy has done everything to make buhari presentable.

I wont be surprised if Tinubu happens to be the person advising him against showing up for the debate.

For me, buhari has nuffin to offer.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by yetibabe: 4:30pm On Jan 29, 2015
callmenow:

So you want this tragic figure to rule your household. Can you send your mobile number here, so that I can send a one way air ticket for you and your household. So that you can spend quality time with your general.

I will prefer an honest and strong president to what we currently have. I remember the time of Buhari's previous presidency as a time when ALL Nigerians worked to be better stewards of their country. I hope to see that again. Anyone supporting the PDP now are in one way or another invested in the failure of our beloved country.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by notoriousbabe: 4:31pm On Jan 29, 2015
PDP iye ni ki e te eba ti. grin
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by tron23(m): 4:31pm On Jan 29, 2015
Oputa panel - buhari was missing
2003 debate with obj - buhari was missing
2015 debate - buhari was...

If GEJ is really clueless it doesn't matter who organises the debate, buhari should have a field day. Lol.

But seriously, this is 2015, a good candidate should not be worried about who sets up the debate, they would only be interested in passing their points across.

I believe that the electorate deserve a debate this year.
Remember, president Clinton chased George Bush snr all around the US, till he git his chance.
I was expecting buhari to declare that even if the debate is on the moon, he will be there, and not all thus distractions.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 29, 2015
Very cheap excuse from APC. We all know that Sahara reporters is pro-APC yet, PDP publicity secretary engaged in a debate with Lai Mohamed on their platform

http://saharareporters.com/2015/01/28/publicity-secretaries-apc-and-pdp-debate-live-saharatv

I believe that APC know that public speaking is not Buhari's greatest asset, so they had to come up with an excuse than to expose Buhari which may affect their chances at the poll

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 29, 2015
chrisbaba1:
[size=18pt]Mixed feelings..... The truth is even if expo is given to your classmate, and you read very well on your own, your classmates result does not affect yours..... If buhari is prepared, i think he should be able to answer any question regardless of if jonathan has the expo or not, the questions are not in Spanish or french na, its English........ If you are good you are good......

I am actually highly disappointed.......
[/size]

The man obviously cannot think on his feet
An intelligent man with a precise and convincing plan will boldly face his enemy in their own turf
This man wants to be president and he is as fearful and cowardly as this
That should set off a red flag
He is unfit to rule

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by wildikeman(m): 4:32pm On Jan 29, 2015
See fear ooo...Buhari what a coward. Person wey no sabii operate hin fone...sai rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Forwetinnah: 4:32pm On Jan 29, 2015
Na lie joor. .Buhari's just scared of answering questions concerning his past atrocities and his certificate saga. The nerve APC operates with? undecided

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Zaha(m): 4:33pm On Jan 29, 2015
Illiterate Faibuhari show ur certificate

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by ichidodo: 4:33pm On Jan 29, 2015
toobby:
some one that Can't even stand and defend himself isn't worthy of being the president of over 170 million people. Now shouldn't it be a medium where he should be able to convince Nigerians why we should vote him. This is not a good reason why he shouldn't partake in the debate. Even their so called campaign which was suppose to be issue based, since when the campaign started general buhari hasn't even spoke for more than 8min in each campaign and he hasn't been able to convince people what he will do.

I rather vote the clueless.
Well said brother....

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 29, 2015
henrinco:
Seeing the questions before the debate truncates the whole process. It is very obvious GEJ will see the questions before hand... The general should boycott it.
[size=18pt]
Let me give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that is true,so freaking what
People carry expo,is that enough to make the prepared ones back out from the examination?
The man is just a coward
Can't authenticate his result by a simple request to the Cambridge body as requested and and now cannot stand up to convince people he is worthy.
[/size]

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by DaMaster(m): 4:34pm On Jan 29, 2015
Descartes:
He is a coward!!

Bro, you need to watch NTA news to know the real reason.

At least, 4 out of the first six headlines are always about GEJ's bid.

What a corrupt way of using the power of incumbency!
What a bias TV station!
What a shame to have GEJ as president.

Here is the link for your attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQKEgXaxD6U
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by kayultimate(m): 4:34pm On Jan 29, 2015
my prayer to All GEJ followers: may God run and manage your life the way Jonathan managed Nigeria in the part six year. can I hear a LOUD AMEN!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by BMZK: 4:34pm On Jan 29, 2015
In another news: Chad is doing good job for us....
https://www.nairaland.com/2120047/breaking-news-chad-captures-nigerian
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by 49cents(m): 4:34pm On Jan 29, 2015
peckhamboi:
I am 100% in support of this move by Behar.

The Chairman, Board of trustees of NEDG is also the Director-General of the Nigerian Television Authority, Mr. Sola Omole

You only need to watch a little bit of NTA recently to know their level of bias and partisanism

APC are not attending your useless debate if it can't be organised by a neutral body.

Sai Buhari

i am not a fan of GEJ but its shame that you support buhari ibn his withdrawal from the debate

if he has nothing to fear why run...........see how mindless you and ur likers have buhari

no principle guiding you, no ideology.......even the Saint bUHARI LIED UNDER OATH, CANT PRODUCE HIS CERTIFICATE EVEN BY SIMPLY EMAIL CAMBRIDGE WHO ARE VERY AWARE OF HIS SITUATION YET HE PREFER WRITING HIS SECONDARY SCHOOL

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by verygudbadguy(m): 4:35pm On Jan 29, 2015
Mykevp2p:

No, Buhari started it when he boycotted BON organized debate in 2003

http://allafrica.com/stories/200303190941.html

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ahead-of-polls-jonathan-debates-with-himself/88776/

Read in full.

Malam Nuhu Ribadu (ACN), Malam Ibrahim Shekarau (ANPP) and Major General Muhammadu Buhari (CPC) decided to boycott the debate because of Jonathan’s absence at the one organised by NN24 TV two weeks ago without any apology.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by thaoriginator: 4:35pm On Jan 29, 2015
customized13:
APC na dictators in democratic clothing.
Ok. Na dem me go vote for! Vote for ur choice bro, cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by kendrick9(m): 4:35pm On Jan 29, 2015
what a disgrace.. just when u thought buhari can't sink no lower,he then sinks even more deeper..
buhari has no excuse at all not to attend this debate,to hell with all this rubbish about NTA being bias..
The fact is buhari isn't educated enough to rule this country....Apc should be ashamed of presenting this fulani cattle rearer as its candidate

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by verygudbadguy(m): 4:36pm On Jan 29, 2015
Mykevp2p:

No, Buhari started it when he boycotted BON organized debate in 2003

http://allafrica.com/stories/200303190941.html

Read!
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ahead-of-polls-jonathan-debates-with-himself/88776/

Malam Nuhu Ribadu (ACN), Malam Ibrahim Shekarau (ANPP) and Major General Muhammadu Buhari (CPC) decided to boycott the debate because of Jonathan’s absence at the one organised by NN24 TV two weeks ago without any apology.
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by callmenow: 4:36pm On Jan 29, 2015
barcanista:
Were you taught comprehension in school?

I thought people like you should be in hiding, because of this shameful admission by your general with a small 'g'. That he was mostly a coward, talking tough about Boko haram. We were almost fooled. To retrogressives like you, all these are just a charade. A comedy for the hoi polloi? You must be a tragic imp to imagine that the grassroots will forgive this anomie. It will be remiss of me not to encourage the masses to reject this agbero called Buhari, with nothing to OFFER. Certificate forger, coward, murderer, despotic and belligerent traitor.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by DWJOBScom(m): 4:36pm On Jan 29, 2015
As always , it's not surprising he did that -

Buhari and APC has total disregard for Nigerians , Nigeria or it's constitution. He's just obeying the commands of the agency hired to groom him - HE WON'T GET ASO ROCK

I remember he never attend to the summons from the oputa panel.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 29, 2015
All of una wey dey support his boycotting no serious...what is he afraid of?...even if GEJ was given expo ahead of time I dont think he has anything to fear if he's so sure of

himself & has something to offer... i'm sure Osinbajo will never run away from such debate...the guy flows naturally, he's like an Obama to me its just a pity he's

been chosen to play 2nd fiddle to GMB....the questions he'll be asked are not brought from the moon & if he's got the goods he'll definitely deliver..even if they're trying to

ridicule you, as a prospective President you should know how to handle such a situation(not by running away) cos you wont meet a bed of roses if you resume

Presidential office & weNigerians will be d decider of they're trying to ridicule you and in the long run U earn more popularity..Some of my colleagues as a student once got

expo on exam materials yet I scored above them in the exam cos I knew I got the stuff and what I will be asked isn't some sky-rocket science so there's nothing to

fear...GMB certificate you no gree shows us, debate nko? You say lailai...Baba which one you dey nah?

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by M4gunners: 4:38pm On Jan 29, 2015
Pataki:
Where is that egift picture comment of GEJ and debates?

Let me go fish it out possibly.

EDIT: Back in 2011........

You should be ashamed of you and your buhari. He is running from debate olala.So who is now clueless? Korupftion i fight Korupftion Korupftion.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by wildikeman(m): 4:38pm On Jan 29, 2015
peckhamboi:
I am 100% in support of this move by Behar.

The Chairman, Board of trustees of NEDG is also the Director-General of the Nigerian Television Authority, Mr. Sola Omole

You only need to watch a little bit of NTA recently to know their level of bias and partisanism

APC are not attending your useless debate if it can't be organised by a neutral body.

Sai Buhari
if Matin Luther king and other great heroes had abandoned every debate and public occasions such as this because of biased minds against them. What would have happened to the human race. we need Umbrella and a perhaps a clueless president to represent us ...we don't need cowards. We don't need Buhari!!!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by robosky02(m): 4:39pm On Jan 29, 2015
its amazing....................

you want to be president you dont have "ordinary waec"

(forget the army thing any dude can join the army, after all it was idiagbo that was doing the work then)

ok come and debate

tell us what you can do

and this flimzy excuse without proferring alternative organizers for the debate if you are not confortable with this

its just amazing

the manifestor he had was even written by someone else...... no wahala just come and tell what you stand to achiev it.

i think all the APC guys here no insult intended is it too much to tell your man what he has in the bag for you

dont just shout change.

change from what to what

please we need young intellectuals with vibrant ideas to move into the next decade not back to 1983......

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Forwetinnah: 4:39pm On Jan 29, 2015
barcanista:
This is a welcome development. The organisers have shown time and time again that they are officers and employees of the clueless President, we won't be a party to their charade. Muhammadu Buhari is the people's candidate and we are resolved to return him to power. The PDP should enjoy their debate.

Sai Buhari

Don't you think it would be befitting for Buhari to go rub GEJs "kwaraftion" all over his face in this debate?? He should just keep shouting "GEJ is kwaraft" to any question he's asked...simples

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by kendrick9(m): 4:40pm On Jan 29, 2015
barcanista:

Sai Buhari
the only thing this action by buhari shows is that he can't even construct an argument as to why he should be president.. it shows that he is indeed a dullard...
how can this cattle rearer be the president of nigeria then?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Meet Justice Adebukola Banjoko, Tough Female Judge That Jailed Nyame & Dariye / Nigerians Blast Zahra Buhari For Making Mistake While Defending Her Dad / President Paul Biya's Gift To Buhari In Cameroon (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.