Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,993 members, 7,952,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:35 AM

Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? (10834 Views)

What's The Likelihood Of Finding A Decent Girl To Marry At A Night Club? / Ladies Fight Over A Guy In LAGBUS Enroute Ojota To CMS (photos) / 10 Kinds Of Guys That Find It Difficult To Approach/Woo A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by menix(m): 11:59am On Jan 30, 2015
@op.. Sincerely u nid to reaccess ursef.
Cous we ve got a lot nd lot of em nd I can't deny being 1.

Am sure u wuld ve met som buh ur taste was on d high side, so was difficult 4 u to figure out.

Jst lik som1 said earlier put up a pix so dat d decent amongst nairalanders wuld kno if d journey is worth it..
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by pat077: 12:00pm On Jan 30, 2015
see advert.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 30, 2015
AwesomelyMade:
There are decent Igbo guys like me wink....trust me. Just keep searching but make sure you are decent because things attract their likes!

unfortunately you are wrong; unlike terms attract and like terms repel.. that's life

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by mikolo80: 12:06pm On Jan 30, 2015
chiggiee:

i don't club and i don't have pride. the major problem is that i work late; i leave the house as early as 6:25am and sometimes i come back by 9pm so there is really no time to socialize except on weekends (which i use for doing laundry and housekeeping). *sigh* i guess i would just have to find time somehow out of my busy schedule to socialize.

thanks for your comment. have a blessed day
you better buy okada ,laptop and outsource your laundry.time is money and therefore money can buy time

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 30, 2015
menix:
@op.. Sincerely u nid to reaccess ursef.
Cous we ve got a lot nd lot of em nd I can't deny being 1.

Am sure u wuld ve met som buh ur taste was on d high side, so was difficult 4 u to figure out.

Jst lik som1 said earlier put up a pix so dat d decent amongst nairalanders wuld kno if d journey is worth it..

i am afraid i cannot put up my pix for security reasons, the decent guy should just take a leap of faith. grin

and as for taste, everyone has preference(including you) which is not a bad thing.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 30, 2015
mikolo80:
you better buy okada ,laptop and outsource your laundry.time is money and therefore money can buy time

haha, your comment is funny.

i tried outsourcing my laundry though but the lady who helps me is not consistent. sad
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by eyeview: 12:11pm On Jan 30, 2015
chiggiee:

i don't club and i don't have pride. the major problem is that i work late; i leave the house as early as 6:25am and sometimes i come back by 9pm so there is really no time to socialize except on weekends (which i use for doing laundry and housekeeping). *sigh* i guess i would just have to find time somehow out of my busy schedule to socialize.

thanks for your comment. have a blessed day

I feel your pain,on a lighter note
1,if your place of work has branches,see if they can transfer you to a branch in the following:
Alaba
Aspamda
BBA
Ladipo
Coker Building material market
2,If you can move house,relocate to any of the following
Okota
Satelite town
Festac
Oke-afa
Ejigbo
Iba
Amuwo-Odofin
Ajao Estate
3,If you run a bank account,move it from that bank down the road to any of the following
Diamond Bank
Fidelity Bank
Enterprise Bank
Zenith Bank
4, Then change your place of worship to
Chosen
Assemblies of God
TREM
David's christian centre
Anglican Church
Morning mass of Catholic churches(they usually attend before going off to open shop or office)
And many others scattered allover every geographic location in Lagos

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 30, 2015
obisite:

Lolz.. . Funny but true

From the Op post, she never said no decent Igbo boys,, , ratio signify even the Topic too.. .. As regards to "decent guy"... No other perspective could be Accord to it than than the singular view of the word "decent"

so this is what God means when He says that he will fight my battles for me. Obisite you have made my day kiss
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 30, 2015
eyeview:

I feel your pain,on a lighter note
1,if your place of work has branches,see if they can transfer you to a branch in the following:
Alaba
Aspamda
BBA
Ladipo
Coker Building material market
2,If you can move house,relocate to any of the following
Okota
Satelite town
Festac
Oke-afa
Ejigbo
Iba
Amuwo-Odofin
Ajao Estate
3,If you run a bank account,move it from that bank down the road to any of the following
Diamond Bank
Fidelity Bank
Enterprise Bank
Zenith Bank
4, Then change your place of worship to
Chosen
Assemblies of God
TREM
David's christian centre
Anglican Church
Morning mass of Catholic churches(they usually attend before going off to open shop or office)
And many others scattered allover every geographic location in Lagos

thanks dear. would see which of the options above is more plausible
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by tonychristopher: 12:14pm On Jan 30, 2015
chiggiee:
my name is gozie, i am female and i am from Anambra state. I have been in Lagos almost all my life; schooled in lagos, served in lagos and currently working in Lagos.
meeting a decent igbo guy in Lagos has been a herculean's task since my university days, i have mostly had guys from other tribes flock around me and i am really not looking to settle down with a non-igbo guy(and please it has nothing to do with being tribalistic because the ratio of my non-igbo friends to the igbo ones is like 80:20).
so i would really like to know why it is difficult, cos i know Lagos is more populated with igbo people. so is it my location? or maybe i don't go out often? or maybe it is not the right time?

please feel free to drop your comments.

p.S. should in case a decent igbo guy(residing in Lagos) stumbles upon this post, i am just a mail away: chigiee@yahoo.com

It is just the principle of likes

For you to attract a decent person be it Igbo or anybody you must be decent...so I think check yourself first and know how decent you are

That's simple law of attraction...

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by mikolo80: 12:15pm On Jan 30, 2015
chiggiee:

haha, your comment is funny.

i tried outsourcing my laundry though but the lady who helps me is not consistent. sad
look for consistent one.a neighbors house help for instance.the okada is to cut commuting time,while the computer is supposed to help do your sums.or you could just hire a p.a. That knows how to ride okada
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Rapmoney(m): 12:17pm On Jan 30, 2015
ronald4lif:

So you be nwa afor sef grin

I thought you are from Warri

I be original nwa afor o! Repping Imo State...grew up in Delta State and raised in Warfigrin
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by eyeon(m): 12:17pm On Jan 30, 2015
chiggiee:

awww. how sweet. thanks for dropping by
No problem ma'am... #Peace
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by menix(m): 12:18pm On Jan 30, 2015
chiggiee:

i am afraid i cannot put up my pix for security reasons, the decent guy should just take a leap of faith. grin

and as for taste, everyone has preference(including you) which is not a bad thing.

LoL @ d leap of faith.. U mst be nwa Jesus..
Hope u won't go to d mountain 4 prayers afta I mst ve leaped..

Sure every1 has got taste buh u know mst of our galz ve got dis ridiculous taste like " potato Jos mu mst b driving an uncompleted Benz"
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by tonychristopher: 12:19pm On Jan 30, 2015
The problem with most girls is that they have this Cinderella mentality . They want a perfect gentleman in the name of decent

A man that is there for her every time a man that doesn't smoke doesn't womanize doesn't even drink and a tall handsome man with huge account living in banana

That's decent for her. If that us what she meant by decent she will wait till menopause. her non Igbo friends are realistic and have themselves snapped up by the average Igbo dude she is waiting for decent Igbo man aka perfect gentleman

She was will see him
This is the ultimate search season is 10

Soso descent ma recent man

Hancha sokwa
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 30, 2015
tonychristopher:

It is just the principle of likes

For you to attract a decent person be it Igbo or anybody you must be decent...so I think check yourself first and know how decent you are

That's simple law of attraction...

noted
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 30, 2015
mikolo80:
look for consistent one.a neighbors house help for instance.the okada is to cut commuting time,while the computer is supposed to help do your sums.or you could just hire a p.a. That knows how to ride okada

lol. okay will do. thanks
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Rapmoney(m): 12:22pm On Jan 30, 2015
chiggiee:

lol at me being the "indecent one". i wish i was because it seems these days they are the ones getting hooked up to the good guys..

Ok, am an Igbo guy. Oya come make we marrygrin grin grin

Not forgetting that am decent too grin
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 30, 2015
menix:

LoL @ d leap of faith.. U mst be nwa Jesus..
Hope u won't go to d mountain 4 prayers afta I mst ve leaped..

Sure every1 has got taste buh u know mst of our galz ve got dis ridiculous taste like " potato Jos mu mst b driving an uncompleted Benz"

haha. no girl's taste is ridiculous though. it is just the harsh economy of Nigeria that is causing most guys to think that way.

and yes i am Proudly Jesus' Baby grin
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 30, 2015
tonychristopher:
The problem with most girls is that they have this Cinderella mentality . They want a perfect gentleman in the name of decent

A man that is there for her every time a man that doesn't smoke doesn't womanize doesn't even drink and a tall handsome man with huge account living in banana

That's decent for her. If that us what she meant by decent she will wait till menopause. her non Igbo friends are realistic and have themselves snapped up by the average Igbo dude she is waiting for decent Igbo man aka perfect gentleman

She was will see him
This is the ultimate search season is 10

Soso descent ma recent man

Hancha sokwa

some people just have twisted meanings of the word "decent" though. noted
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by mikolo80: 12:26pm On Jan 30, 2015
chiggiee:

lol. okay will do. thanks
anytime
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by ronald4lif(m): 12:26pm On Jan 30, 2015
Rapmoney:

I be original nwa afor o! Repping Imo State...grew up in Delta State and raised in Warfigrin

Lol! Okay, nwa afor brain and warri over sense put together grin

No wonder you are one of the very few brothers here who doesn't woman wrapper about smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by tonychristopher: 12:29pm On Jan 30, 2015
chiggiee:

noted

I have a friend he has an online form and in his mid 30s and he is OK ..he met this Igbo babe her taste was as high as Eiffel tower wanting to go for dinner every day and minimum 9f her demand is like 10k and this chap is cool and handsome with a good car wanting to settle down like yesterday

He basically dumped the girl due to her vanity tendencies and got hooked up to his girl from east. I think most Lagos girls are losing touch with reality on ground . Too much kardashian show and telemundo shiiiits are messing their brains up

That's why you see a lot of baby mamas and old single ladies

Left for me I can and will always go back to eastern cities to hook up. Who wants to marry a girl that has virtually slept in all hotels in Lagos

So girls don't paint a good pictures of themselves so they get a bad appreciation of themselves

Rebrand yourself you get decent men.
I know of my friends that earn good money and they want decent Igbo chicks but they rarely see ..they end up marrying from east

So most Lagos born Igbo babes have lost touch with what it means to be a wife to an Igbo man

My humble observations and submissions

7 Likes

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by tonychristopher: 12:30pm On Jan 30, 2015
chiggiee:

some people just have twisted meanings of the word "decent" though. noted

Decent is relative

What is your definition of decent man before we can help you

Thank you
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 30, 2015
chiggiee:

lol at me being the "indecent one". i wish i was because it seems these days they are the ones getting hooked up to the[b] good guys.[/b].
What's the question again shocked undecided tongue grin
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Monicasque(f): 12:38pm On Jan 30, 2015
honey if u don't mind, do u mind me asking you why u don't wana be in a relationship with a non-Igbo?
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 30, 2015
Monicasque:
honey if u don't mind, do u mind me asking you why u don't wana be in a relationship with a non-Igbo?

because i don't want to settle down with a non-igbo. so there is no point in starting what i cannot finish

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 30, 2015
chiggiee:

trust me, some igbo business men are more polished than the educated ones; i know this because my sister married one and you would never tell that he didnt further his studies.

so it is really not about the guy's educational background.
Most business nowadays are equally learned.
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by menix(m): 12:40pm On Jan 30, 2015
chiggiee:

haha. no girl's taste is ridiculous though. it is just the harsh economy of Nigeria that is causing most guys to think that way.

and yes i am Proudly Jesus' Baby grin

Ok nwa Jesus wich of em cars wuld u like mii comin wiv to pick u up for Lunch morrow nd hope a date @ Raddison Blu wuld suit u..

Ve got plans selling popsi only land to meet d above.

Very certain u studied economics as 1st degree cous dat ur Economic theory pass Gabriel J. Felbermayr Own...

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 30, 2015
tonychristopher:

Decent is relative

What is your definition of decent man before we can help you

Thank you

i believe google has all the possible definitions you can think of. since you have internet access, it is just a click away grin
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by zyzxx(m): 12:41pm On Jan 30, 2015
Wish you best of luck in your search
Re: Why Is It So Difficult To Meet A Decent Igbo Guy In Lagos?? by Monicasque(f): 12:43pm On Jan 30, 2015
chiggiee:

because i don't want to settle down with a non-igbo. so there is no point in starting what i cannot finish

hmm okay. understandable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Part Of Africa Am I From? Pic / Different Types Of Nigerian Men In Bed. (before, During, And After Sex). - Meme / ADEBIMPE THE FACEBOOK GIRL … (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.