Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage (33662 Views)

When You Finally Join The Beard Gang But Your Crush Still Doesn't Notice You / Things Ladies Should Stop Doing If They Don't Have Plans For A Guy / Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by faceless04: 11:09pm On Feb 02, 2015
I read a story here where an angry guy shot a couple at their wedding reception because the bride left him for another man and this kept me wondering if my boyfriend can actually do same...........here is my story.

I've been in a relationship with this guy for 10years nw (yes, 10years). It all started in 2005 when we met, fell in love. He was and is still my first and only love. I was enjoying the relationship until 2years ago(though we've had our share of misunderstanding, I wldnt want to go into that) when I started thinking of settling down. I indirectly asked him if he had any plan of marrying me and I was shocked by the response I got. He said he doesn't believe in marriage, that everything is about understanding. I can move in,start producing babies for him but he can never carryout any marriage rites.

I thought he wasn't serious until last year when I asked him thesame question, he gave me thesame answer. But this time, I told him that I don't Share thesame view with him and that we need to go our separate ways. Since then he has been warning me that he will kill any man I get married to, that he cannt stand seeing me with another man........

Infact, I can't write down how the past year has been. I still love him and there is no doubt that he loves me too. But the big problem is that we are so so different, our views and vision are wide apart. I knw I can just forget about him and move on with my life but he wldnt let me be. He is always there at my door step, my office, giving 20 missed calls. Sometimes, I just wish I can relocate and start a new life, but I can't leave my job,not with this high rate of unemployment.

I forgot to mention that he is not the faithful type, though he doent flaunt it to my face but I just get to know about it one way or the other.
I really need advice on what to do,because even though I still have a soft spot for him, I don't want to continue with the relationship.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by Nobody: 11:10pm On Feb 02, 2015
*following*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by Nobody: 11:14pm On Feb 02, 2015
U r definitely d lord of the rings

106 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by faceless04: 11:25pm On Feb 02, 2015
Cutehector4u:
U r definitely d lord of the rings

Lol....I don't have a ring on my middle finger, he never proposed or said anything close to that.

5 Likes

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by Nobody: 11:26pm On Feb 02, 2015
Op, No offense but God will punish that BF of yours.
I will add 'in Jesus Name' and round it off with a perfect 'AMEN'

Op I really don't know what u are doing with a guy for 10 years o. That is sheer madness.
Let me date a guy for 3 years and he does not marry me first, I will show him my waffi madness cos seriously, I don't knw why I shld be with someone for that long and u will come and start yarning rubbish.

Leave the guy jor, he is making noise.
As a precaution sha, better start telling ur parents and everyone who cares to listen the threat he has made o. tongue

140 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 02, 2015
faceless04:

Lol....I don't have a ring on my middle finger, he never proposed or said anything close to that.
and u were wit him for over ten years.. Ur case is bein debated in d supreme court. grin

70 Likes

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by faceless04: 11:33pm On Feb 02, 2015
BaebieHot:
Op, No offense but God will punish that BF of yours.
I will add 'in Jesus Name' and round it off with a perfect 'AMEN'

Op I really don't know what u are doing with a guy for 10 years o. That is sheer madness.
Let me date a guy for 3 years and he does not marry me first, I will show him my waffi madness cos seriously, I don't knw why I shld be with someone for that long and u will come and start yarning rubbish.

Leave the guy jor, he is making noise.
As a precaution sha, better start telling ur parents and everyone who cares to listen the threat he has made o. tongue

Our heart doesn't ask who we want to fall inlove with. Love is not something we can control else I wld have left him years back. I'm ready to leave him now but my body is willing but my heart Is weak. I know I can do without him but I can't help it when he comes around begging. I really need a relocation where I will never set my eyes on him again but that is totally out of the question.

10 Likes

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by Nobody: 11:35pm On Feb 02, 2015
are u sure his JOHN THOMAS is active?

4 Likes

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by Nobody: 11:37pm On Feb 02, 2015
faceless04:

Our heart doesn't ask who we want to fall inlove with. Love is not something we can control else I wld have left him years back. I'm ready to leave him now but my body is willing but my heart I'd weak. I know I can do without him but I can't help it when he comes around begging. I really need a relocation where I will never set my eyes on him again but that is totally out of the question.

Please Op, will ur hrt to be stronger than ur body o. This is a critical matter.
I understand your love for him but sometimes u have to let your head do the reasoning.

Like my dad use to say 'love is not enough to get married to a man'. I hope u get the drift of that statement.

16 Likes

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by faceless04: 11:37pm On Feb 02, 2015
MrKontrovErsy:
are u sure his JOHN THOMAS is active?

Super active

10 Likes

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by faceless04: 11:40pm On Feb 02, 2015
BaebieHot:

Please Op, will ur hrt to be stronger than ur body o. This is a critical matter.
I understand your love for him but sometimes u have to let your head do the reasoning.

Like my dad use to say 'love is not enough to get married to a man'. I hope u get the drift of that statement.

Thanks dear. I'm starting to tell myself that too

4 Likes

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by Nobody: 11:47pm On Feb 02, 2015
OP, does he beat you?
Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by faceless04: 11:49pm On Feb 02, 2015
ileobatojo:
OP, does he beat you?

No
Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by Nobody: 11:52pm On Feb 02, 2015
faceless04:

No

Cool, does he abuse you in other ways? Verbally or emotionally?

Also is he mentally stable?

1 Like

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by lilmax(m): 11:54pm On Feb 02, 2015
Another one

1 Like

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by faceless04: 11:57pm On Feb 02, 2015
ileobatojo:

Cool, does he abuse you in other ways? Verbally or emotionally?

Also is he mentally stable?

He is not abusive in any way. Infact he has been very nice to me, listens to me, he has always been there for me, gives me whatever I want. He Is 100% mentally stable. He is a medical doctor.

10 Likes

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by Nobody: 12:44am On Feb 03, 2015
Ile is on this thread.
I trust her to advice the op rightly.
10years keh shocked shocked, my sisters go just dey fall my hand angry
Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by Nobody: 12:48am On Feb 03, 2015
faceless04:

He is not abusive in any way. Infact he has been very nice to me, listens to me, he has always been there for me, gives me whatever I want. He Is 100% mentally stable. He is a medical doctor.

Lovely.

So, he's a well respected, professional member of society; he's the perfect gentleman who's always there for you and cares for you; he's not abusive in any way whatsoever; he loves you and he is completely mentally stable. Yet you're terrified that he will kill any man you leave him for to the point that you're even thinking of relocating, despite the fact that he's the one who doesn't want to marry you.

The dots are not connecting.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by Miami11: 12:50am On Feb 03, 2015
The last time an ex told me to wait, he sayed he was not ready to marry or was not the marrying type. when I broke off after 2 year's I discovered he had a wife and kid in the village.

Op run for your life, I doubt he loves you maybe he is married or eyeing someone else.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by tpiaobsession: 12:51am On Feb 03, 2015
Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by cococandy(f): 1:29am On Feb 03, 2015
Exactly.

Any man with the if-I-can't-have-you-no-one-else-can mentality is usually very dangerous.

Maybe subconsciously, op is aware of a savage part of him which will awaken should he think he's the loser in any situation concerning both of them
ileobatojo:

Lovely.

So, he's a well respected, professional member of society; he's the perfect gentleman who's always there for you and cares for you; he's not abusive in any way whatsoever; he loves you and he is completely mentally stable. Yet you're terrified that he will kill any man you leave him for to the point that you're even thinking of relocating, despite the fact that he's the one who doesn't want to marry you.

The dots are not connecting.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by Nobody: 4:17am On Feb 03, 2015
faceless04:
Infact, I can't write down how the past year has been. I still love him and there is no doubt that he loves me too. But the big problem is that we are so so different, our views and vision are wide apart. I knw I can just forget about him and move on with my life but he wldnt let me be. He is always there at my door step, my office, giving 20 missed calls. Sometimes, I just wish I can relocate and start a new life, but I can't leave my job,not with this high rate of unemployment.

I forgot to mention that he is not the faithful type, though he doent flaunt it to my face but I just get to know about it one way or the other.
I really need advice on what to do,because even though I still have a soft spot for him, I don't want to continue with the relationship.
OP ,
Anyway, since he is a medical doctor, u will need to REACTIVATE him...
They rarely allow issues of Life bother them...
Bet me when eventually marries U, u will enjoy him more....
He is less likely to meddle issues with u...

1 Like

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by elantraceey(f): 4:21am On Feb 03, 2015
10 years kwa shocked

Op give him an ultimatum that if he doesn't want to marry you , you'll leave him , if he truly loves you as you say he keep his marriage view aside and do the needful.

#SAYNOTOTIMEWASTERS angry

22 Likes

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by flyca: 5:00am On Feb 03, 2015
Grabs kunu and buns kiss

1 Like

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by raumdeuter: 5:55am On Feb 03, 2015
Nobody would do anything to you

Do you know his family? Have you informed them that he wants to kill your new husband?

9 Likes

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by soulglo: 6:03am On Feb 03, 2015
faceless04:

You are not and probably not ever his main girl friend. You are the side chick and you have been available for ten years. I can't belive you are still talking about love. He is never going to marry you because there's no need to marry you. Even after he is married you will still be here talking about I love him and I just delivered triplets. I don't understand women like you who just want to gloss over his doggish ways and then complain later. Please stay there and keep supplying him with a steady supply of what you are supplying him with. I'm not worried about him snapping at all. It is you that will likely snap and do crazy things when you find out he is getting married. Respect yourself and if you want to get married, drop the zero and give a hero a chance

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by Oyetboy(m): 6:33am On Feb 03, 2015
op at what age did you guys started?

5 Likes

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by Nobody: 6:36am On Feb 03, 2015
No now, why are you painting this guy as good? Kept you in a relationship for 1/10 of a century and you're saying he's a doctor, he listens, he cares. So what if he's an astronaut? How can someone who loves you not find you worthy of marriage? He even cheats and you're willing yo stay?

Move on already and get another guy. If he threatens you just involve the police. Na dat kain thing dem dey like.

I don't know why my sisters act like the need a soup ladle for whip before they can think.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by Lepetitechic(f): 6:41am On Feb 03, 2015
Poster, I really can't help but wonder what you both did for 10yrs.. "bump pelvics" alone? How your partner feels about marriage is something most people learn In the first/second.. third year at most of dating that person. You just kept going along with it didn't you? You should have talked about things like this even learn how he feels about having kids so you don't get the surprise of your life later*sigh* anyhoo, since you realized you both are on two different sides of the relationship coin and you called it quits and he is threatening to go Jack the ripper on anyone else you meet who gets serious with you, my advice for you is, tell people about it, if possible file a complaint at a local police station, avoid him like a plague, just cos he's a doctor don't mean he's stable, he could just find real smart ways to be on top of you. Take a self defense class if you must, but protect yourself and pray he finds someone else. Next time love, go on dates, talk about stuff, not just bedroom bounce alone.

P.S 10 years is not Okay to be a girl(without-a- future-with-him)friend.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by faceless04: 7:41am On Feb 03, 2015
kayciano:

OP ,
Anyway, since he is a medical doctor, u will need to REACTIVATE him...
They rarely allow issues of Life bother them...
Bet me when eventually marries U, u will enjoy him more....
He is less likely to meddle issues with u...

Exactly, like u rightly mentioned, he doesn't allow issues of life bother him. He just wants to live each day as it comes without headache. He sees marriage as a union which tranforms women into something else. Anyways, even if he propose today, my answer will be NO. Because marriage is suppose to come from within and not both parties forced into it.

2 Likes

Re: Its Been 10yrs And He Still Doesn't Have Plans For Marriage by faceless04: 7:44am On Feb 03, 2015
elantraceey:
10 years kwa shocked

Op give him an ultimatum that if he doesn't want to marry you , you'll leave him , if he truly loves you as you say he keep his marriage view aside and do the needful.

#SAYNOTOTIMEWASTERS angry

I'v already done that. I told him late last year that if by 2015 nothing happens, we'll have to call it quit. Its been 3weeks nw, I don't pick his calls, I'v refused to see him. All I need is the strenght to keep up with it.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively / 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup / Rhapsody of Reality:Volume 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.