Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,867 members, 7,813,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC (22638 Views)

Governors Loyal To Tinubu, Atiku Absent At Meeting With APC NWC / Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift / 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meetingwith INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC by flotwise: 6:15pm On Feb 07, 2015
Those deceitful parties under dat same umbrella of green and red. Shior!!! When was d date slated to be on the 14th before? When Schools and institutions are already writing exams to keep their heads from chaos. Foolish leaders
Re: 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC by SeverusSnape(m): 6:16pm On Feb 07, 2015
zizibabe1:
;

grin grin grin you just stole my favourite expression for describing idiocy.
Hehehehehehehehehe....
Am I still permitted to steal it next time? cheesy
Re: 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC by koikoi2(m): 6:16pm On Feb 07, 2015
God bless d 17 parties .

It is better for us to focus on winning d war against book haram.

GEJ til 2019

1 Like

Re: 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC by mustymatic(m): 6:16pm On Feb 07, 2015
if dem leav u nw u go tink sey u make sense, All these things ur saying r nt as improper as Goodluck's idiosyncrasies

TheSonOfMark:
[b] * Who, in 2003, said Muslims should only vote for Muslims? Buhari. Isn't that playing the RELIGIOUS card?

*Which tribe was the first to stone Jonathan? Buhari's Hausa/Fulani stock. Isn't that playing the ETHNIC/TRIBAL card?

*Which region shielded the Boko Haram sect in its early days (way before GEJ became president)? Buhari's Hausa/Fulani stock.

*Which region ,spurred on by GMB's inciting comments, targeted South-Easterners during the 2011 post-election violence? The North. Isn't that anti-nationalistic?

*Which region benefits more from the unfair quota system? Buhari's Fulani/Hausa stock.

Need I go on? We the youths of this era aren't apolitical like the youths of the previous one. We don't have short memories. We've experienced and read their well-documented evil deeds and we, collectively, reject them.

THEY RULED OVER MY GRANDPA, HE RECOUNTED THEIR EVIL DEEDS.

THEY RULED OVER MY DAD, HE RECOUNTED THEIR EVIL DEEDS.

BUT I'LL RECOUNT AND MAGNIFY THEIR EVIL DEEDS SO THEY CAN'T RULE OVER ME.

The internet and PVC are my tools - I'll my part. Want to join me? Take my hand. [/b]
Re: 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC by Eluwilussit(m): 6:16pm On Feb 07, 2015
benuejosh:
we will take to the street if elections are postponed.

U don't like your life, do you? If boko boys no strike, NA or police go strike. Abeg try stay away from danger. Nigeria still needs you.
Re: 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC by jorlons(m): 6:16pm On Feb 07, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Good
Majority carries the vote.
PDP is not even pushing for poll shift.

so Doyin okupe is not a member of the pdp. Your stupidity is indeed severe.
Re: 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 07, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Good
#
For where? naija?
In a country ruled by GEJ & PDP where 17 > 19?
THINK AGAIN!
Re: 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 07, 2015
Losers seeking for postponement of election few days to election date. I am sure God regret creating Nigeria.
Re: 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC by SeverusSnape(m): 6:18pm On Feb 07, 2015
jorlons:

so Doyin okupe is not a member of the pdp. Your stupidity is indeed severe.
Bros... you're a cow just like Buhari grin

3 Likes

Re: 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC by thewarrior72: 6:19pm On Feb 07, 2015
TheSonOfMark:
[b] * Who, in 2003, said Muslims should only vote for Muslims? Buhari. Isn't that playing the RELIGIOUS card?

*Which tribe was the first to stone Jonathan? Buhari's Hausa/Fulani stock. Isn't that playing the ETHNIC/TRIBAL card?

*Which region shielded the Boko Haram sect in its early days (way before GEJ became president)? Buhari's Hausa/Fulani stock.

*Which region ,spurred on by GMB's inciting comments, targeted South-Easterners during the 2011 post-election violence? The North. Isn't that anti-nationalistic?

*Which region benefits more from the unfair quota system? Buhari's Fulani/Hausa stock.

Need I go on? We the youths of this era aren't apolitical like the youths of the previous one. We don't have short memories. We've experienced and read their well-documented evil deeds and we, collectively, reject them.

THEY RULED OVER MY GRANDPA, HE RECOUNTED THEIR EVIL DEEDS.

THEY RULED OVER MY DAD, HE RECOUNTED THEIR EVIL DEEDS.

BUT I'LL RECOUNT AND MAGNIFY THEIR EVIL DEEDS SO THEY CAN'T RULE OVER ME.

The internet and PVC are my tools - I'll my part. Want to join me? Take my hand. [/b]
God bless you. Buhari will not rule my ground father with guns & bombs & still want to rule me, God forbid.

3 Likes

Re: 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC by mustymatic(m): 6:19pm On Feb 07, 2015
excell12go:
And some mofos will keep saying GEJ is responsible for the poll shift. 17 out of 28 political parties
called for the shift...that's about 61%.
political parties ke, like they hav a 0% of winning any zone
Re: 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC by Eluwilussit(m): 6:20pm On Feb 07, 2015
Vock:
I have a strong feeling that they would postpone the election, but come rain or shine, it's change all the way #SaiBuhari

What happens if Buhari is charged for perjury? I hope it doesn't come to that. I don't wanna see people killed in the North.
Re: 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC by BabaO2: 6:20pm On Feb 07, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Good
NO, those parties were registered and financed by Jonathan. Those parties have earlier openly collapsed into PDP to vote Jonathan. But why is it Jonathan can't do anything successfully at once?
1. He can't pass WAEC at 1 sitting he had to combine WASC +GCE
2. Confab he has to extend by another 6 weeks
3. Ban and unban super eagles
4. PVC collection from 3 days to end of the month then to Feb 8
5. Now election to be postponed till another days

These are incompetence indexes of leadership
Re: 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC by Eluwilussit(m): 6:22pm On Feb 07, 2015
safarigirl:
That security threat that they are trying to avoid will meet them if the elections are postponed

What the hell do security operatives mean by 'they won't be available', what will tgey be doing? Drinking tea with Shekarau abi wetin?

They must tell us why they won't be available, I've never heard such idiocy.

Good question. Abeg help us ask them.
Re: 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC by richidinho(m): 6:24pm On Feb 07, 2015
synergycom19:
They should shift it ooo,GEJ needs more time to visits all the churches

Real men are talking woman wrapper like u also open ur trash

U tot I wnt recognise u?
Re: 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC by babamoha(m): 6:25pm On Feb 07, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Good
All the political parties are speaking for pdp
Re: 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC by okwynet: 6:25pm On Feb 07, 2015
It is well with our dear country Nigeria
Re: 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC by Eluwilussit(m): 6:25pm On Feb 07, 2015
hansad:
Yes, poll shift to enable Jega tell Nigerians about the exact academic qualification of Buhari. Poll shift to enable INEC distribute PVC to voters.

Buhari cannot continue to be allowed to take Nigerians for being foolish; Buhari is believed to have joined the army without requisite qualification.

Buhari voted against a Nigerian being Secretary of OAU when Buhari was Head-of-State, but instead voted for a fellow Fulani from Niger Republic.

Do the idiots reason? Buhari betrayed nigeria in that oau election. How could such a person go about claiming to be patriotic and progressive? Thank God I have alternatives.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC by otigbagba: 6:25pm On Feb 07, 2015
excell12go:
And some mofos will keep saying GEJ is responsible for the poll shift. 17 out of 28 political parties
called for the shift...that's about 61%.
..d gullibility of nigerians is outstanding.
Re: 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC by jorlons(m): 6:27pm On Feb 07, 2015
SeverusSnape:

A cow is better than a cow dung which you're. Nor worry E go shock una. All of una eye go neat when GMB wins. We are watching
Re: 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC by otigbagba: 6:27pm On Feb 07, 2015
helinues:
Seventeen out of the 28 registered political parties have asked the Independent National Electoral Commission to shift the conduct of the general elections scheduled for February 14 and 28.

The parties canvassed the position at a consultative meeting with INEC, which ended a few hours ago at the commission’s headquarters in Abuja.

INEC had on Friday announced that it would hold consultative meetings with all relevant bodies, including the political parties, civil society organisations and the resident electoral commissioners.

A source at the meeting told PREMIUM TIMES that leaders of 12 others, including the leading opposition party, All Progressives Congress, stoutly opposed their colleagues who were demanding the shift of the election.
This newspaper gathered that the 17 parties cited the shoddy manner the commission handled the distribution of the Permanent Voters Card, PVCs, and the security challenges in some parts of the country, notably the north east, as its major reasons for calling for the postponement of the polls.

Our source said the manner the parties argued their position clearly indicated that certain elements have reached out to them asking them to support that line of argument.
It could not however be established if they were offered money to do so.

Asked the thinking and body language of INEC officials during the discussion, the source, who is a leader of one of the opposition parties, said “their (INEC officials) body language suggest they want the postponement but are looking for something to hold on to”‎.

He added, “I think they have been told by the security agencies that they will not provide security and so these consultations are merely being held to justify what they plan to do.”

Efforts to reach Yunusa Tanko, who is the Chairman of Interparty Advisory Council, IPAC, the umbrella body of all political parties which serves as advisory body to INEC, were not successful.

INEC Chairman, Attahiru Jega, had on Thursday briefed the Council of States chaired by President Goodluck Jonathan, on the commission’s preparation for the polls.
The council asked the commission to proceed with the polls, but should seek further consultations with other relevant bodies before taking a final decision on the matter.

Mr. Jonathan is the candidate of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, one of the parties in favour of poll shift.
The Presidency, through the special assistant to the president on public affairs, Doyin Okupe, had also on Friday canvassed the postponement of the elections.
Last Wednesday, 16 parties addressed a press conference during which they called for postponement.

The parties are The parties are United Democratic Party, UDP; the Citizen Peoples Party, CPP; the Peoples Party of Nigeria, PPN; the Action Alliance, AA; the Peoples Democratic Congress, PDC; the Labour Party, LP; Unity Party of Nigeria, UPN; Alliance for Democracy, AD; New Nigerian Peoples Party, NNPP; and the Independent Democrat, ID.
Others are Advanced Congress of Democrats, ACD; Allied Congress Party of Nigeria, ACPN; Fresh Democratic Party, FDP; National Conscience Party, NCP; All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA; and Progressives Peoples Alliance, PPA.

The following day, 10 others rejected the calling, expressing shock at the demand of their colleagues.

The parties are the Peoples Democratic Movement, PDM; African Peoples Alliance, APA; Kowa Party; Mega Progressives Peoples Party, MPPP; Social Democratic Party, SDP; African Democratic Congress, ADC; Hope Democratic Party, HDP; Democratic Peoples Party, DPP; United Progressives Party, UPP; Accord Party, AP.

The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, John Oyegun, also addressed a press conference rejecting calls for the postponement.

The spokesperson of the PDP Presidential Campaign Organisation, PDPPCO, Femi Fani-Kayode, also briefed the media during which he said the party was not pushing for poll shift as being alleged in some quarters.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/176417-17-parties-demand-poll-shift-meeting-inec.html
..Only God knows how much of tax payers money
..Gej has spent chasing shadows.
Re: 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC by Laid2001: 6:28pm On Feb 07, 2015
CHANGE as many times as you want, THE CHANGE will PREVAIL come 29th May 2015

SAI BOHARI
MAI Buhari

1 Like

Re: 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC by itoghor0007(m): 6:28pm On Feb 07, 2015
I pray o, if buhari enter , dat means job without CV, because u CNT allow somebody who did not finished his ssce bcomeing Ur leader, then wat r u telling d young once coming up, DAT after Ur SSCE go and contest o
Re: 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC by benuejosh: 6:30pm On Feb 07, 2015
Eluwilussit:

U don't like your life, do you? If boko boys no strike, NA or police go strike. Abeg try stay away from danger. Nigeria still needs you.
thanks for the advice i will think about it.
Re: 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC by jorlons(m): 6:30pm On Feb 07, 2015
SeverusSnape:

A cow is better than a cow dung which you're. Nor worry E go shock una. All of una eye go neat when GMB wins. We are watching cool
Re: 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC by jorlons(m): 6:30pm On Feb 07, 2015
SeverusSnape:

A cow is better than a cow dung which you're. Nor worry E go shock una. All of una eye go neat when GMB wins. We are watching cool
Re: 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC by Kingspin(m): 6:31pm On Feb 07, 2015
I notice that we have some many radicals in APC. What a pity?
Re: 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC by SeverusSnape(m): 6:32pm On Feb 07, 2015
jorlons:

A cow is better than a cow dung which you're. Nor worry E go shock una. All of una eye go neat when GMB wins. We are watching
Hehehehehehehehehe....Come on!
go and join the cows at Buhari's farm and become Cow 151. grin
Guy, you're talking like Buhari. HEhehehe.

1 Like

Re: 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC by itoghor0007(m): 6:32pm On Feb 07, 2015
good luck should start preparing jaga sacking letter oo , orderwise ehhhhhm
Re: 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 07, 2015
When Jack Bauer broke Dave's ankle and was confronted by Joe, he(Jack) told him; "Tell him to stop playing with elders". Being an old man does not qualify one to being an elder. GMB take note. Stop playing with elders! In case you think we've forgotten... The road to Aso Villa requires a certificate. Kai buhari. GEJ ALL THE WAY....
Re: 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC by priestken1(m): 6:34pm On Feb 07, 2015
I sense conspiracy among the 17 parties all thanks to PDP,anyway weather they like it or not d election must take place,this question goes to the PDP supporters who want d election to be postpone: were in the world have u seen or heard that presidential election is postponed?
Re: 17 Parties Demand Poll Shift At Meeting With INEC by upsonn(m): 6:36pm On Feb 07, 2015
Who are the aspirant of this so called 17 parties? Can they get 2000votes all put together? Mthwww ,,, no to shifting of the election.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sacked MD Approves Multi Million Loan For Allies; Backdates Records / Andrew Fleming & His Wife Wear Nigerian Attires As They Travel To Vietnam / Tinubu’s Cognitive Decline, ASUU’s Misplaced Aggression By Farooq Kperogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.