Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,027 members, 7,838,577 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

US Condemns Postponement Of Nigeria’s Elections - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Condemns Postponement Of Nigeria’s Elections (38814 Views)

Fayose Condemns Postponement Of Edo Guber Election / 21 INEC Resident Commissioners Reject Postponement Of Elections / Again, Abuja Residents Protest Postponement Of Elections (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Condemns Postponement Of Nigeria’s Elections by osholuamhe: 2:10pm On Feb 08, 2015
nationwide1:
Americans talking as if they love Nigeria. Because GEJ resisted enthronement of homosexuality in our constitution, they're doing everything to undermine his government (including refusal to buy our oil). Buhari won't agree either if he wins. What is wrong in shifting election date which is constitutional? Is Nigeria no longer an independent nation? America should go and...
Re: US Condemns Postponement Of Nigeria’s Elections by darqly(m): 2:11pm On Feb 08, 2015
gbl01:

It's lot different out here, lying down in Nigeria and worshiping the US as gods will perpetually enslave ur mentality. You have no idea how it goes and it will be futile trying to explain stuffs to u. So believe what you believe!

That's the way the guy who comes last believe the guy at the top is an hybrid-a semi god. If Nigeria was that insignificant, why do they bother theirselves with our affairs? Coz they care? Or coz they're big brothers? Ma'am, the US don't give a damn abt you, their interest is on what benefits them and trust me, Nigeria's influence in Africa stands in their way

The guy who comes last is probably a Nigerian who has a sense of entitlement. NOBODY gives you anything, you have to reach out and TAKE it.
Nigeria has influence in africa which is why what happens in Nigeria matters to the sub-region and the world at large.It makes sense for them to ally with you rather than isolate you. Question- If the US stopped commerce with Nigeria, who'd lose more? They already don't need our crude, and last I looked, their economy is growing and creating jobs. How's ours doing?? The US is not the problem, it's wanting to lay the blame at every other person's doorstep asides our own that has gotten us to the mire we're presently in.

3 Likes

Re: US Condemns Postponement Of Nigeria’s Elections by londoner: 2:13pm On Feb 08, 2015
Quote from Jega/Inec

But as I mentioned earlier, there are some other variables equally crucial for successful conduct of the 2015 general elections that are outside the control of INEC. One important variable is security for the elections.

While the Commission has a very good working relationship with all security agencies, especially on the platform of the Inter-agency Consultative Committee on Election Security (ICCES) since its inception in 2010, it has become pertinent for it to seriously consider the security advisory presented to it by the Security and Intelligence Services. I would like to reiterate here that INEC is an EMB and not a security agency. It relies on the security services to provide a safe environment for personnel, voters, election observers and election materials to conduct elections wherever it deploys. Where the security services strongly advise otherwise, it would be unconscionable of the Commission to deploy personnel and call voters out in such a situation.

^^^^
Considerig the above statement, I think maybe some Nigerians here feel their right to vote is more valuable than those registered voters in the NE

With the bolded, and the FG responsibility to all Nigerians, how can they proceed?

Even European observers have refused to go to NE to observe, so its obvious it is not safe for voters to actually vote.

Nigerians should stop only thinking of themselves and for once be their brothers keeper.

Please tell me, how a different election date will stop you voting for Buhari?

2 Likes

Re: US Condemns Postponement Of Nigeria’s Elections by fresh15: 2:17pm On Feb 08, 2015
This actually means that US government is against the progress of Nigeria.What business do they have with our election?

1 Like

Re: US Condemns Postponement Of Nigeria’s Elections by organic973: 2:18pm On Feb 08, 2015
I don't think U.S government mean well for nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: US Condemns Postponement Of Nigeria’s Elections by thaoriginator: 2:27pm On Feb 08, 2015
BlackTechnology:
You refused to sell weapons but quick to insult our collective intelligence

US how does this election put food on you guys table.

US what do you guys truly want. angry
So you want US to sell weapon to Jonathan so he can distribute many to MEND and BH and give a few to the Army tight?

God go punish all of una there!

3 Likes

Re: US Condemns Postponement Of Nigeria’s Elections by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 08, 2015
SeverusSnape:
They can be disappointed, It's not our concern. The security agencies have already spoken, Do you want the elections to hold without adequate security?...Besides, millions of eligible voters could be disenfranchised. They will condemn, As If they will help us when the trouble start brewing.

So your disappointment maybe a blessing to us.
But your dream is to go to US! Bloody hypocrite. Why calling for their help to fight BH. Why collecting a warship gift from them?

1 Like

Re: US Condemns Postponement Of Nigeria’s Elections by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 08, 2015
If not for anything, I love Goodluck J. for not allowing the US dictate what we do.. He gives them tough time. ... Even when they threatened him regarding homosexuality, he went ahead to sign the bill on 14 years imprisonment. ..

US should give us some space please, we can handle our problems ourselves. .. Do we dictate what they do over there in the US? So why won't they let us be?? undecided

1 Like

Re: US Condemns Postponement Of Nigeria’s Elections by OreMI22: 2:34pm On Feb 08, 2015
MarvellousGod:
If not for anything, I love Goodluck J. for not allowing the US dictate what we do.. He gives them tough time. ... Even when they threatened him regarding homosexuality, he went ahead to sign the bill on 14 years imprisonment. ..

US should give us some space please, we can handle our problems ourselves. .. Do we dictate what they do over there in the US? So why won't they let us be?? undecided

Re: US Condemns Postponement Of Nigeria’s Elections by cytellProperty: 2:40pm On Feb 08, 2015
paycash:

Brilliant
For your mind. Thief-nubu & Amaechi dey deceive you.
Re: US Condemns Postponement Of Nigeria’s Elections by mckay06(m): 2:41pm On Feb 08, 2015
USA IS INDEED MAD, WAT'S THEIR DAMN BUSINESS WITH THE SHIFT. THEY SHOULD FIRST OF ALL, CONDEMN THEIR INCOMPETENCE IN ASSISTING NIGERIA FIGHT BH. NIGERIA BELONGS TO NIGERIANS AND WE DECIDE HOW OUR AFFAIR IS RUN. OBAMA, U BETTER PARK WELL
Re: US Condemns Postponement Of Nigeria’s Elections by nellyjohn: 2:43pm On Feb 08, 2015
Why can't USA mind dere business. What has our election postponement got to do with them? Obama has turned his back on GEJ since he refused to put into law same sex marriage and dats why he also refused to help during Ebola which GEJ overcame by God's grace and also this boko haram issue which is been tackled now.
Anyway, no matter what, he won't achieve his Mission and GEJ till 2019

1 Like

Re: US Condemns Postponement Of Nigeria’s Elections by hugafella(m): 2:45pm On Feb 08, 2015
thaoriginator:
So you want US to sell weapon to Jonathan so he can distribute many to MEND and BH and give a few to the Army tight?

God go punish all of una there!

I guess you are mentally retarded. or is it epilepsy you're suffering from?

1 Like

Re: US Condemns Postponement Of Nigeria’s Elections by Litmus: 2:47pm On Feb 08, 2015
darqly:

The guy who comes last is probably a Nigerian who has a sense of entitlement. NOBODY gives you anything, you have to reach out and TAKE it.
Nigeria has influence in africa which is why what happens in Nigeria matters to the sub-region and the world at large.It makes sense for them to ally with you rather than isolate you. Question- If the US stopped commerce with Nigeria, who'd lose more? They already don't need our crude, and last I looked, their economy is growing and creating jobs. How's ours doing?? The US is not the problem, it's wanting to lay the blame at every other person's doorstep asides our own that has gotten us to the mire we're presently in.

We've more to gain from America being neutral to us than showing interest one way or another in our affairs. Imaging if the US government does not in future prevent their business people from investing in Nigeria the way American business people are not prevented in investing in Russia, even in the current political impasse , as exemplified by the RT report on Texans assisting a Russian businessman with the importation of steers and the rearing and beef production thereof, we'd be content with that. As it stands, "American love and concern" for our human rights is facilitating the deaths of our women, men and children in the North East. American media "tough love" is humiliating if not undermining the work of our soldiers as they carry the fight to Bokoharam. Encouraging Nigeria to proceed with the election under the current timetable, out of concern for our democracy, will only lead at best to dissatisfaction with the outcome of the election among the electorate, providing ammunition for those that want to cause trouble and destabilization, claiming that insecurity in swathes of North resulted in wholesale disenfranchisement.
Re: US Condemns Postponement Of Nigeria’s Elections by Horus(m): 2:51pm On Feb 08, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAF8t6eOkAQ

[size=15pt]Angry Buhari Unhappy With INEC's Decision To Postpone Nigeria's Elections[/size]
Re: US Condemns Postponement Of Nigeria’s Elections by OreMI22: 2:52pm On Feb 08, 2015
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAF8t6eOkAQ

[size=15pt]Angry Buhari Unhappy With INEC's Decision To Postpone Nigeria's Elections[/size]

Re: US Condemns Postponement Of Nigeria’s Elections by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 08, 2015
gbl01:

Nice comment. Most people think the US is Nigeria's friend. The truth is the US is Nigeria's competitor and they'll do everything possible to make Nigeria beneath always.
.......... USA is Nigeria competitior you just mentioned? Do you think through your anus? Why comparing sleep with death? Some people are just so blind to the plain truth. USA is Nigeria competitor Uncomprehending!!!
Re: US Condemns Postponement Of Nigeria’s Elections by SeverusSnape(m): 3:19pm On Feb 08, 2015
Mosesm:

But your dream is to go to US! Bloody hypocrite. Why calling for their help to fight BH. Why collecting a warship gift from them?
You're a fool. I don't have any dream of going to US. When did you hear me say that...you have the dream doesn't mean I do.

1 Like

Re: US Condemns Postponement Of Nigeria’s Elections by Chigold101(m): 3:24pm On Feb 08, 2015
dharyour93:
JOHN KERRY IS JUST BLABBING. What is the cause of their disappointment? This is our house so they should let us build it by ourselves. Besides, they can't come to vote here so how does it affect them?
let them dotheir worst... Nigerians no longer care about the opinion of Obama and his country men.

USA oya make una come tell us how to run things here... Una think say we be Egypt & Syria...
Re: US Condemns Postponement Of Nigeria’s Elections by ajigbotosho(m): 3:26pm On Feb 08, 2015
America and Nigeria election. Why would a country be telling another one what to do. Are we still America African slaves left over in Nigeria? I appeal to both pdp and apc and any other parties to put your differences apart and tell America that they should please live us alone. All the troubles they are causing around the world they should go and mind that. Whoever that wins the election, we will all remain Nigerians after the election. They have predicted that we will dismember, though they deny it. They really don't like us. They stop buying our oil, they want to starve us of funds. They want us to be I pains and clip our wings of a regional power. Please don't take politics too far and beyond the love of Nigeria, pls ignore America and let us build our country. It is a national shame if a country will be warning another. Can we have a say in the affairs of American government, it is shocking to see the manner Kerry came in and talk to our president and the aspirant. We should never have allowed that. We are a national, an INDEPENDENTMNIGERIA
Re: US Condemns Postponement Of Nigeria’s Elections by naijaking1: 3:30pm On Feb 08, 2015
Re: US Condemns Postponement Of Nigeria’s Elections by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 08, 2015
modelmike7:
.......... USA is Nigeria competitior you just mentioned? Do you think through your anus? Why comparing sleep with death? Some people are just so blind to the plain truth. USA is Nigeria competitor Uncomprehending!!!

Because you can't comprehend aint sufficient to insult. Im not responsible for your cognitive malfunction

1 Like

Re: US Condemns Postponement Of Nigeria’s Elections by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 08, 2015
CityNG:

Sure thing cheesy

I haven't laughed so hard on NL and trust me I've read a lot of lashing out posts from US visa rejectees grin

I was given 2years and spent 3months on a training so you're wrong on that one as always. I only spoke the truth abt realities on ground but since u worship them, u won't see it. How comfortable were you when you were in the States? There's no place like home dude.
Re: US Condemns Postponement Of Nigeria’s Elections by olami234lekan(m): 3:40pm On Feb 08, 2015
SeverusSnape:
They can be disappointed, It's not our concern. The security agencies have already spoken, Do you want the elections to hold without adequate security?...Besides, millions of eligible voters could be disenfranchised. They will condemn, As If they will help us when the trouble start brewing.

So your disappointment maybe a blessing to us.

"Why Did Jonathan Not Postpone
His Daughter's Wedding Days After
Baga Killing?"
Re: US Condemns Postponement Of Nigeria’s Elections by Damsman10(m): 3:42pm On Feb 08, 2015
drfiwaj:
Am just afraid for Nigeria....am scared of the aftermath of the election......Its very obvious that Jonathan is desperate to retain power @ all cost and when he finally wins tru rigging and intimidation, the northern people will react.....civil war go start, thousands will be killed and finally " He will regret his actions" ...Even don Corleone regretted his action to seek for power @ all means

me2 o

anoda thing is dat he already knows u and I don't support him as well as d well wishers of dis country so if he successfully rigs it, my brother u r in soup
Re: US Condemns Postponement Of Nigeria’s Elections by Nobody: 3:52pm On Feb 08, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:
Where was US during 1967 - 1970?

Ode, they were deeply embroiled in their own war with Vietnam, the world don't revolve around you.
Re: US Condemns Postponement Of Nigeria’s Elections by Ruttashobolwa(m): 3:55pm On Feb 08, 2015
musb92yahooco:
It is safe to say Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is behind the Boko Harram insurgency in #Nigeria by refusing to deal with terrorism until election .

Fellow Nigerians, Lets shun violence and peacefully March4Buhari
Are you dure G is behind this?
Re: US Condemns Postponement Of Nigeria’s Elections by Soknown: 3:55pm On Feb 08, 2015
In the soothsayer's voice '' beware of the ides of march'' (March 15th). William Shakespeare 44bc.
Re: US Condemns Postponement Of Nigeria’s Elections by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:57pm On Feb 08, 2015
django1:

Ode, they were deeply embroiled in their own war with Vietnam, the world don't revolve around you.

And today they have no more wars?
Re: US Condemns Postponement Of Nigeria’s Elections by bodsibobo(m): 4:00pm On Feb 08, 2015
African Leaders no dey learn at all.

Continue to postpone, you go soon go join Laurent Gbagbo.

Omo ale

1 Like

Re: US Condemns Postponement Of Nigeria’s Elections by hydroking23(m): 4:02pm On Feb 08, 2015
It's amazing that people on here are saying that the US should mind their business because they refused to sell Nigeria weapons. Why should they sell us sophisticated technology when Boko Haram has raided our armory and stolen our own weaponry. We have no track record of securing our own personnel and equipment yet America should give us the benefit of the doubt? That is truly insane.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

$322m Abacha Loot: List Of States To Receive Cash In July / Sadiya Farouq: I Am Still Studying N-power Files To Know Real Essence / "SARS Officers Can't Join SWAT" - IGP Adamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.