Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult (3700 Views)

Making Marriage Effective / Why Is It Difficult For Ladies To Keep Their Virginity Till Marriage These Days? / My Friend's Wife Is Making Life Difficult For Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by HerexG(m): 9:51am On Feb 11, 2015
Modified by popular demand

The rate at which we Africans are allowing our cultural practices become extinct in the name of religion and civilization. It is only in Africa most especially in Naija we practice three kinds of wedding namely

1. The Traditional wedding
2. The court wedding
3. The White wedding ( Church wedding)

Holding in a high esteem the Europeanized wedding also called the White wedding and not putting much value on our own kind of wedding. Spending your time and resources on all three kinds of wedding is time consuming, so I will advise we safe time and resources my embracing one which is ours.

Left for me I will say Africans should embrace their traditional wedding practise and avoid this complications becoming a scape goat to another region's cultural practices.
, I rep Africa.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by dammywapes(m): 9:52am On Feb 11, 2015
Marriage is a choice. Biblically , ask me and i will tell you.

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by Dyt(f): 9:54am On Feb 11, 2015
Clearing throat
*making the annoying sound*
*takes it n out*
Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 11, 2015
Erm. In this case, it would've been great if the girl didn't marry that man at all undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by jaybee3(m): 10:00am On Feb 11, 2015
Absolutely no correlation between the topic and the story you narrated

The man is/was a cheat and that has nothing to do with the delays initiated by the pastor end of story!

7 Likes

Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by Nobody: 10:01am On Feb 11, 2015
So within the 6 months he was supposed to court the first lady before their church wedding, he managed to date, impregnate and marry another woman in church?

3 Likes

Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by Nobody: 10:01am On Feb 11, 2015
jaybee3:

The man is/was a cheat and that has nothing to do with the delays initiated by the pastor end of story!

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by HerexG(m): 10:08am On Feb 11, 2015
jaybee3:

I'm trying to make us understand that it is not only when we do the Europeanize wedding ( White wedding) we termed married, we should learn to appreciate our traditional wedding more.
Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by bukatyne(f): 10:09am On Feb 11, 2015
Nonsense Story undecided

Fool.ish bride and Stoopid groom

6 Likes

Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by bukatyne(f): 10:12am On Feb 11, 2015
HerexG:

I'm trying to make us understand that it is not only when we do the Europeanize wedding ( White wedding) we termed marriage, we should learn to appreciate our traditional wedding more.

If they want to do traditional marriage alone.... then they should leave the church out of it!

The Church told them six months courtship... It is either I am no longer interested or abide by the six months wait for courtship.

I am not surprised @ happily married; no be Nigeria we dey

Even Annie Idibia is 'happily' married

7 Likes

Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by jaybee3(m): 10:13am On Feb 11, 2015
HerexG:

I'm trying to make us understand that it is not only when we do the Europeanize wedding ( White wedding) we termed marriage, we should learn to appreciate our traditional wedding more.
Please listen to yourself Sir

He was engaged but proceeded to get another woman pregnant
He then went ahead to marry the new woman
According to you, he broke the new woman's heart by divorcing her
To add insult to injury, he than backtracked his step to go all the way back to the first lady in question

Is the first lady a dummy or you just concoted the story from the back of your southern region?

5 Likes

Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 11, 2015
HerexG:

I'm not Nigerian so excuse these honest questions. Does the traditional wedding ceremony involve God? Does 'tradition' strictly dictate virginity before marriage?
Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 11, 2015
bukatyne:

If they want to do traditional marriage alone.... then they should leave the church out of it!

The Church told them six months courtship... It is either I am no longer interested or abide by the six months wait for courtship.

Lol!

All na happily married. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by Nobody: 10:17am On Feb 11, 2015
bukatyne:
Nonsense Story undecided

Fool.ish bride and Stoopid groom

Exactly. The Op couldnt find a better story to pass his point across. Its not convincing enough. Not only was the man in question s.tupid the lady was the most f00lish woman on this planet earth to have gone back to a man who dumped her for another woman. Its only a matter of time they will experience problems again. I am sure she is going through the 'suffering and smiling' episode in that marriage. The foundation of their marriage is faulty. So if the new wife and this man had not divorced, this man would not have remembered the lady existed? She was now a 2nd option and the f00lish lady accepted to be so. The Op sef had to garnish the story by making it seem like a 'A happy ever after' one. Lol. Horrible story.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by HerexG(m): 10:18am On Feb 11, 2015
jaybee3:

Please listen to yourself Sir

He was engaged but proceeded to get another woman pregnant
He then went ahead to marry the new woman
According to you, he broke the new woman's heart by divorcing her
To add insult to injury, he than backtracked his step to go all the way back to the first lady in question

Is the first lady a dummy or you just concoted the story from the back of your southern region?

Why didn't the lady park into her matrimonial home after the traditional marriage, she gave room for temptation by waiting for the unnecessary White wedding.
Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by Nobody: 10:20am On Feb 11, 2015
bukatyne:

Even a woman who is battered and cheated on by her husband will say she is happily married. Only Nigerians abuse that phrase. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by HerexG(m): 10:24am On Feb 11, 2015
Sophyrocks:

Exactly. The Op couldnt find a better story to pass his point across. Its not convincing enough. Not only was the man in question s.tupid the lady was the most f00lish woman on this planet earth to have gone back to a man who dumped her for another woman. Its only a matter of times they will experience problems again. The foundation of their marriage is faulty. So if the new wife and this man had not divorced, this man would not have remembered the lady existed? She was now a 2nd option and the f00lish lady accepted to be so. The Op sef had to garnish the story by making it seem like a 'A happy ever after' one. Lol. Horrible story.

I guess you don't what I'm trying to convey here, most of ladies believes if they have done the white wedding they are not married yet, all this problem wouldn't have come if she had held her man tight and stop all these hypocrisy of religious junk.

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by Nobody: 10:27am On Feb 11, 2015
HerexG:

I guess you don't what I'm trying to convey here, most of ladies believes if they have done the white wedding they are not married yet, all this problem wouldn't have come if she had held her man tight and stop all these hypocrisy of religious junk.

We all know what you're trying to convey. We're just not buying the story you're using as an illustration.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by HerexG(m): 10:27am On Feb 11, 2015
Flytefalls:

I'm not Nigerian so excuse these honest questions. Does the traditional wedding ceremony involve God? Does 'tradition' strictly dictate virginity before marriage?

Yes the traditional wedding recognizes the presence of the creator and even hold in high esteem of the woman virtue

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by HerexG(m): 10:28am On Feb 11, 2015
ileobatojo:

We all know what you're trying to convey. We're just not buying the story you're using as an illustration.

Speak for yourself
Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 11, 2015
HerexG:

Speak for yourself

Lol! cheesy

I can confidently speak for others on this thread so far cause it's quite obvious we're all saying the same thing.

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by bukatyne(f): 10:31am On Feb 11, 2015
Sophyrocks:

Even a woman who is battered and cheated on by her husband will say she is happily married. Only Nigerians abuse that phrase. grin

When I hear happily married from Nigerians, I check well x2 grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by HerexG(m): 10:32am On Feb 11, 2015
bukatyne:

When I hear happily married from Nigerians, I check well x2 grin

You think marriage is all bed of roses ait ?
Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by bukatyne(f): 10:33am On Feb 11, 2015
ileobatojo:

Lol!

All na happily married. cheesy

For Naija na...

Once you are married, you are happily married grin
Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by bukatyne(f): 10:34am On Feb 11, 2015
HerexG:

You think marriage is all bed of roses ait ?

What is the moral of your story?
Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by Nobody: 10:35am On Feb 11, 2015
HerexG:

Are you a christian? If you are, you would understand that marriage originates from God and needs his blessings. A good christian will wait until he/she has allowed God to bless the marriage which is why most people wait till white wedding. We are not saying the traditional wedding is not important afterall you are adhering to the traditions of the land to pay the bride price. But if you value God's word very well in your life, its still not a sin to wait until the white wedding. To me, its all about choice. No one should be compelled to take a decision he/she isnt comfortable. This is something the couple should have discussed before getting married. Its obvious both of them have different values.

Now my grouse with your story is this: you stylishly justified the man's act by pointing fingers at the lady. So the man was right to have gone ahead and impregnated another woman even when he is married traditionally? Is that what you are saying? he went ahead to marry the new lady. O.k now, why did he divorce this new lady? you can see this man is st.upid and lacks direction and focus in his life. He remembered whom he rejected and went back to her. for what? your story has not passed any message. rather its now warning ladies to be veeeeeery careful of men that come around them. A lot men have questionable intentions that are not genuine. That man does not love this lady and im afraid that their marriage will experience more problems. he only went back to her because she is an option and is available.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by HerexG(m): 10:36am On Feb 11, 2015
bukatyne:

What is the moral of your story?

Appreciate your traditional wedding and let's stop the gullibility of regarding the Europeanize wedding ( white more
Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by HerexG(m): 10:41am On Feb 11, 2015
Sophyrocks:

Are you a christian? If you are, you would understand that marriage originates from God and needs his blessings. A good christian will wait until he/she has allowed God to bless the marriage which is why most people wait till white wedding. We are not saying the traditional wedding is not important afterall you are adhering to the traditions of the land to pay the bride price. But if you value God's word very well in your life, its still not a sin to wait until the white wedding. To me, its all about choice. No one shpould be compelled to take a decision he/she isnt comfortable. This is something the couple should have discussed before getting married. Its obvious both of them have different values.

Now my grouse with your story is this: you stylishly justified the man's act by pointing fingers at the lady. So the man was right to have gone ahead and impregnated another woman even when he is married traditionally. he went ahead to marry the new lady. O.k now, why did he divorce this lady? you can see this man is st.upid and lacks direction and focus in his life. He remebered whom he rejected and went back to her. for what? your story has not passed any message. rather its now warning ladies to be veeeeeery careful of men that come around them. A lot men have questionable intentions that are not genuine. That man does not love this lady and im afraid that their marriage will experience more problems. he only went back to her because she is an option and is available.

Check from Genesis to Revelation there is never a place where you will see the so called White wedding written and how it should be practiced, the bible only told us to marry and consult the parents which we always do traditionally

2 Likes

Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by bukatyne(f): 10:46am On Feb 11, 2015
HerexG:

Appreciate your traditional wedding and let's stop the gullibility of regarding the Europeanize wedding (white more)

How many people do not appreciate their traditional wedding?

Not everybody believes in White wedding however they are not fool.ish enough to start the process of white wedding and dump it halfway

Don't people even court normally? White wedding or no?
Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 11, 2015
HerexG:

Check from Genesis to Revelation there is never a place where you will see the so called White wedding written and how it should be practiced, the bible only told us to marry and consult the parents which we always do traditionally

Of course the bible never mentioned white wedding. The jews never practised it so dnt expect it to be spelt out there. The white wedding is another form of wedding by christians and is never prohibited to be practised either. It includes vows and blessings from God too. The couple have different values and should have discussed this before getting married. It is very clear you are in support of the actions of the man and so any lady who did what this unfortunate lady did deserves to be dumped and replaced by another woman. That is the moral of your story. The pastor asked this man to court this lady first. please what is the problem with courting before marriage? Please find a more convincing story devoid of gross s.tupidity to pass your message accross. This one didnt work at all.

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by bukatyne(f): 10:48am On Feb 11, 2015
HerexG:

And the fact you believe an adulterer's marriage to a dump lady is 'happy' shows your definition of happy

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Making Marriage Difficult by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 11, 2015
The guy in the story appreciated his traditional wedding so much that he promptly moved on like a single guy and did a church wedding with another woman. cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Effects Of Urine On Poison And Charm / Is It A Crime To Buy Pants/bra For My Blood Sister? / Married Men And Women. My Experience In Akwa Ibom State During NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.