Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,049 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

[true Story] I Inherited My Brother’s Laptop After His Suicide, What I Found On - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / [true Story] I Inherited My Brother’s Laptop After His Suicide, What I Found On (17338 Views)

"How A University Of Ibadan Best Graduating Student Inherited Royal Curse" / I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! / Love Story: I Wish I Had Held Back ( Very Touching) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: [true Story] I Inherited My Brother’s Laptop After His Suicide, What I Found On by DieeDiee: 5:23pm On Feb 13, 2015
Qmab:
u obviously need to open a Google page on depression. Depressed people are not psycho? WTF?

You obviously need to open up a medical dictionary. That's the f**k.

It's people like you that make depressed people hide in shame and not seek the help they need. Depression is a sickness, psychosis is crazy. Get your facts straight lady!
Re: [true Story] I Inherited My Brother’s Laptop After His Suicide, What I Found On by mrkay101(m): 5:26pm On Feb 13, 2015
DieeDiee:

If you knew anything about depression you would know it doesn't cause anyone to perform acts of evil. That is caused by some sort of psychosis. Depression is just another mental disorder. Depression is feelings of sadness and loneliness. Depressed people want nothing to do with the world. They are too involved with themselves and their depression to be busy planning to harm another. In fact depressed people YEARN to find a way to participate and be part of society. They YEARN to feel which is why they tend to cut themselves. Hurting another has no satisfaction for them all they crave is happiness, they get no satisfaction from hurting anyone. Violence triggers further into depression which is why they stay away from things like newspapers and TV which show violence. The boy in the story is what is called a psycho. Depressed people are not psychopaths.

lol.. guy ur getting this all wrong. who's a psychopath? someone with a mental disorder, someone who has a history of doing bad and abnormal things.

the boy mentioned here didn't do anything wrong or he was about to but he was remorseful. psychopaths don't feel remorse in fact they enjoy what they do.

also you mentioned he yearned to belong to a society. yes that society was the forum he joined online. depressed people are easily influenced into doing things just so they can belong. so that was why he was brain washed let me use dat word into almost doing something he hasn't done b4.

to him dat society was that forum. they where like an online family. he couldn't go through with the plan Dats why he killed himself
Re: [true Story] I Inherited My Brother’s Laptop After His Suicide, What I Found On by DieeDiee: 5:32pm On Feb 13, 2015
Qmab:
guy, i totally agree with you. Some people are just too superficial to read between and beyond d lines.

Some people need to stop trying to be deep it breaks their brains and they fail to see things as they are.
Re: [true Story] I Inherited My Brother’s Laptop After His Suicide, What I Found On by kilokeys(m): 5:33pm On Feb 13, 2015
ireneonyy:
I will reply this one.
Sorry I never replied all your PMs smiley

see special offer o.. replying pms this season.. let me grab it before feb 15th
Re: [true Story] I Inherited My Brother’s Laptop After His Suicide, What I Found On by DieeDiee: 5:42pm On Feb 13, 2015
mrkay101:

lol.. guy ur getting this all wrong. who's a psychopath? someone with a mental disorder, someone who has a history of doing bad and abnormal things.

the boy mentioned here didn't do anything wrong or he was about to but he was remorseful. psychopaths don't feel remorse in fact they enjoy what they do.

also you mentioned he yearned to belong to a society. yes that society was the forum he joined online. depressed people are easily influenced into doing things just so they can belong. so that was why he was brain washed let me use dat word into almost doing something he hasn't done b4.

to him dat society was that forum. they where like an online family. he couldn't go through with the plan Dats why he killed himself

Not gonna debate with you. Do yourself a favour and educate yourself. Visit a psychiatrist and ask about the different types of mental disorders then visit a psychologist and ask about human behaviour and psychopaths. Thou shall walk away a brand new man. An enlightened man! And no, there's no need to thank me
wink
Re: [true Story] I Inherited My Brother’s Laptop After His Suicide, What I Found On by Qmab: 5:53pm On Feb 13, 2015
DieeDiee:

You obviously need to open up a medical dictionary. That's the f**k.

It's people like you that make depressed people hide in shame and not seek the help they need. Depression is a sickness, psychosis is crazy. Get your facts straight lady!

And av you read up on depression like i suggested? Let's talk when YOU have gotten your facts straight.
Re: [true Story] I Inherited My Brother’s Laptop After His Suicide, What I Found On by mrkay101(m): 5:58pm On Feb 13, 2015
DieeDiee:

Not gonna debate with you. Do yourself a favour and educate yourself. Visit a psychiatrist and ask about the different types of mental disorders then visit a psychologist and ask about human behaviour and psychopaths. Thou shall walk away a brand new man. An enlightened man! And no, there's no need to thank me
wink

lol its aiite bro.. it was fun arguing with you
Re: [true Story] I Inherited My Brother’s Laptop After His Suicide, What I Found On by DieeDiee: 6:03pm On Feb 13, 2015
Qmab:

And av you read up on depression like i suggested? Let's talk when YOU have gotten your facts straight.

My facts are straighter than a ruler. Pity same can't be said for you. That's what happens when you point of reference is Wikipedia and google where any Tom, Dick and Harry with internet access can post any nonsense in their head.
Re: [true Story] I Inherited My Brother’s Laptop After His Suicide, What I Found On by Qmab: 6:13pm On Feb 13, 2015
DieeDiee:

My facts are straighter than a ruler. Pity same can't be said for you. That's what happens when you point of reference is Wikipedia and google where any Tom, Dick and Harry with internet access can post any nonsense in their head.
Yeah, like the nonsense you just posted. I couldn't have quite agree with you more.
Re: [true Story] I Inherited My Brother’s Laptop After His Suicide, What I Found On by DieeDiee: 6:58pm On Feb 13, 2015
Qmab:

Yeah, like the nonsense you just posted. I couldn't have quite agree with you more.

Lady I don't have time for brick heads or the demented spirits you are rearing in your head. I only gave you 2 seconds of attention only because no one gave a rat's ass at your attention seeking confession. Keep feeding and nurturing your spirits - I don't care. Only sad thing is when you make a fool of yourself among educated company you won't have the cover of anonymity that you have here. Next time don't butt into conversations you are not a part of - I won't be as nice as I was today wink.

1 Like

Re: [true Story] I Inherited My Brother’s Laptop After His Suicide, What I Found On by Gudiza(m): 7:51pm On Feb 13, 2015
Real or not it made a nice read.

Most folks can't handle the travails of a troubled mind, while others just need to get their heads out their asses. #attention-seeking undecided
Re: [true Story] I Inherited My Brother’s Laptop After His Suicide, What I Found On by napoleonbaba(m): 8:44pm On Feb 13, 2015
Zedric:
Is it weird that I would like to be a member of one of those hidden web addresses?

Weyrey re
Re: [true Story] I Inherited My Brother’s Laptop After His Suicide, What I Found On by napoleonbaba(m): 8:44pm On Feb 13, 2015
Zedric:
Is it weird that I would like to be a member of one of those hidden web addresses?

Weyrey rey

1 Like

Re: [true Story] I Inherited My Brother’s Laptop After His Suicide, What I Found On by texanomaly(f): 4:19am On Feb 14, 2015
ollah1:
Make I come read am
Don't bother. undecided
Re: [true Story] I Inherited My Brother’s Laptop After His Suicide, What I Found On by Nobody: 4:33am On Feb 14, 2015
This is quite intense sad, but who's the girl? undecided
Re: [true Story] I Inherited My Brother’s Laptop After His Suicide, What I Found On by DieeDiee: 7:40am On Feb 14, 2015
Nneka123:
This is quite intense sad, but who's the girl? undecided

Part of the OP's deceit to play with your mind. He/she hasn't answered once. Probably sitting back and laughing his ass of at the ones who fell for it.
Re: [true Story] I Inherited My Brother’s Laptop After His Suicide, What I Found On by Nobody: 7:51am On Feb 14, 2015
DieeDiee:

Part of the OP's deceit to play with your mind. He/she hasn't answered once. Probably sitting back and laughing his ass of at the ones who fell for it.
hmm lol. well i believed him, cause i pictured the events in my head, and it was so bad to imagine his brother going through all that depression without his family knowing....things like that do occur in some people's life sad lipsrsealed.
Re: [true Story] I Inherited My Brother’s Laptop After His Suicide, What I Found On by Nobody: 8:14am On Feb 14, 2015
Nneka123:
hmm lol. well i believed him, cause i pictured the events in my head, and it was so bad to imagine his brother going through all that depression without his family knowing....things like that do occur in some people's life sad lipsrsealed.

Things like this do occur and I am writing from experience.
The human mind is like a vast landscape with many depressions landslides and rifts. And most times, these things are hidden from others, only to be felt and understood by just the person in question

Her brother was depressed and he felt there was no other way out for him. He had made up his mind to rape his sister but his love for her made him find an escape route, and the only exit he could find was suicide.

This is where Nigerian families get it wrong. We dwell more on the outward and physical and forget and pay less attention to the emotional drill going on in the mind.
Re: [true Story] I Inherited My Brother’s Laptop After His Suicide, What I Found On by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 14, 2015
DieeDiee:

So you think this is a joke right. Whether or not the op wrote this here for fun of in seriousness, this actually happened to someone and this sought of thing can still happen to another person.

Do you know what depression is. Its like being in a crowded room, screaming at the top of your voice and no one listens or cares. Even the ones that try to notice you, take you as a lunatic. I don't really blame you for not believing. You are just an average Nigerian in an average nigerian society.

The brother felt he had but one option, and he took it
Re: [true Story] I Inherited My Brother’s Laptop After His Suicide, What I Found On by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 14, 2015
seriousbabe:

Things like this do occur and I am writing from experience.
The human mind is like a vast landscape with many depressions landslides and rifts. And most times, these things are hidden from others, only to be felt and understood by just the person in question

Her brother was depressed and he felt there was no other way out for him. He had made up his mind to rape his sister but his love for her made him find an escape route, and the only exit he could find was suicide.

This is where Nigerian families get it wrong. We dwell more on the outward and physical and forget the emotional drill going on in the mind.
hmm, you kinda made sense today grin abeg! no insult me..
Re: [true Story] I Inherited My Brother’s Laptop After His Suicide, What I Found On by Nobody: 8:31am On Feb 14, 2015
Nneka123:
hmm, you kinda made sense today grin abeg! no insult me..

I won't insult you. Why would I?
I actually empathize with the story and I felt I should share my thoughts. its really painful whenever I hear suicide tales,because I myself have been in such situation.
I actually cried as I was reading what the op posted.
Re: [true Story] I Inherited My Brother’s Laptop After His Suicide, What I Found On by DieeDiee: 9:17am On Feb 14, 2015
seriousbabe:

So you think this is a joke right. Whether or not the op wrote this here for fun of in seriousness, this actually happened to someone and this sought of thing can still happen to another person.

Do you know what depression is. Its like being in a crowded room, screaming at the top of your voice and no one listens or cares. Even the ones that try to notice you, take you as a lunatic. I don't really blame you for not believing. You are just an average Nigerian in an average nigerian society.

The brother felt he had but one option, and he took it

1.) I'm not Nigerian and I'm certainly not average anything
2.) You people need to stop thinking you are deep - philosophical thinking is clearly no forte of yours.
3.) A fool is one who ignores what's in front of them and in search for what is not there. This is a FICTITIOUS (meaning not true) story STOLEN from the reddit website. The original writer had no higher purpose than simply to entertain. He/she writes a lot of NSFW short stories.
4.) You need to school yourself on mental illnesses before harping about knowledge you clearly lack. There are many different types of mental illnesses. Some are simple mental disorders (eg bipolar and depression) others are forms of psychosis called psychotic disorder (eg schizophrenia and sociopaths aka psychotics).
5.) Leave me alone. As I've said I don't have time for bricks and I don't care what you think you know. You are the one who'll be a laughing stock when you try to sound smart among educated people who can actually distinguish between a simple disorder and a psychotic disorder.

1 Like

Re: [true Story] I Inherited My Brother’s Laptop After His Suicide, What I Found On by DieeDiee: 9:21am On Feb 14, 2015
Nneka123:

No dear it's short story that was stolen from reddit.

Anyway the brother in the story is more of a sociopath than a depressed person. He may have suffered a mild form of depression as a result of his conscience fighting his psychotic thoughts but generally depressed people are not psychos. A person with a psychopathic personality is one whose behavior is antisocial, often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.
In contrast depressed people will act out going, have tons of friends but feel alone. They yearn to be part of society but don't feel they do so they fake it until they crash which is when fear overcomes them and they hide either literally or figuratively (eg drugs) but the reason it's hard to tell a person is depressed is because they hide it and ACT SOCIAL. Sociopaths ISOLATE themselves just like the brother did.

2 Likes

Re: [true Story] I Inherited My Brother’s Laptop After His Suicide, What I Found On by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 14, 2015
texanomaly:

Don't bother. undecided

I didn't sef, u wanna summarize it?
Re: [true Story] I Inherited My Brother’s Laptop After His Suicide, What I Found On by UyiIredia(m): 4:31am On Feb 15, 2015
Zedric:

Yeah. Very wierd.

1 Like

Re: [true Story] I Inherited My Brother’s Laptop After His Suicide, What I Found On by 3rdlegxxx(m): 2:42pm On Dec 21, 2015
DieeDiee:

If you knew anything about depression you would know it doesn't cause anyone to perform acts of evil. That is caused by some sort of psychosis. Depression is just another mental disorder. Depression is feelings of sadness and loneliness. Depressed people want nothing to do with the world. They are too involved with themselves and their depression to be busy planning to harm another. In fact depressed people YEARN to find a way to participate and be part of society. They YEARN to feel which is why they tend to cut themselves. Hurting another has no satisfaction for them all they crave is happiness, they get no satisfaction from hurting anyone. Violence triggers further into depression which is why they stay away from things like newspapers and TV which show violence. The boy in the story is what is called a psycho. Depressed people are not psychopaths.

lol, this really got me laughing hard, depressed people are not psychopaths, dude what school or lesson did you attend that taught this fake ish you posted here, i am a psychology student and i have written on depression and have seen close friends go through it, some can be harmful, they could harm themselves and others, that's why at an advance stage, they get locked up in a rehab sort of place, you are right on some fonts but wrong on too many, i don't want to go into the details of psychology, causes and effects but this story tho sick is just another out of a million that happens but Nigerians like kidding themselves, we believe we don't have depression, we don't have psychology or mental issues, we believe suicide is foreign and stupid, we believe being gay or different should be stoned, killed or what not, it's all a part of our education system, if we had legal studies and basic psychology embedded in our primary and secondary level of students, most of us would be intelligent to understand and not judge so easily anything we don't understand, we attribute everything to God, devil once it makes no sense to us, my 2 cents tho, i was expecting the full story tho.
Re: [true Story] I Inherited My Brother’s Laptop After His Suicide, What I Found On by 3rdlegxxx(m): 2:53pm On Dec 21, 2015
DieeDiee:

No dear it's short story that was stolen from reddit.

Anyway the brother in the story is more of a sociopath than a depressed person. He may have suffered a mild form of depression as a result of his conscience fighting his psychotic thoughts but generally depressed people are not psychos. A person with a psychopathic personality is one whose behavior is antisocial, often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.
In contrast depressed people will act out going, have tons of friends but feel alone. They yearn to be part of society but don't feel they do so they fake it until they crash which is when fear overcomes them and they hide either literally or figuratively (eg drugs) but the reason it's hard to tell a person is depressed is because they hide it and ACT SOCIAL. Sociopaths ISOLATE themselves just like the brother did.
i can't believe this thread has been here abandoned since febuary, you made some nice points tho here, i have to give it to you
Re: [true Story] I Inherited My Brother’s Laptop After His Suicide, What I Found On by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 21, 2015
I wonder what the name of that website is . . .
Re: [true Story] I Inherited My Brother’s Laptop After His Suicide, What I Found On by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 21, 2015
Teempakguy:
I wonder what the name of that website is . . .

shocked shocked shocked embarassed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Make Love Charm? / I'm In Shock. A 15 Year Old Girl Told Me This Today / Black Women, Please Avoid Coming To England

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.