Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan (19745 Views)

Saraki Dozes Off In The Dock As Corruption Trial Takes Its Toll (Photo) / Rumble In The Jungle As Corruption Fights Back- The Vanguard / ''Wanted: Maximum Security For Mr. President As Corruption Fights Back'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by eminent007(m): 10:47am On Feb 14, 2015
menesheh:
Whats are they talking about, go to your Dictionary type corruption, paste your answer here and check out Stealing too

Stealing is part of corruption but is not actually the direct meaning of corruption.

One important thing to note in his exexplanation is that Nobody actually said that he said "stealing is good".

now, here is a guy with a brain in his head.
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by KwoiZabo(m): 10:48am On Feb 14, 2015
Jonathan is not disputing it he only said the general word corruption should not be used for thieves.
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by kennyjodeci(m): 10:49am On Feb 14, 2015
2undexy:

mention some of the things u have benefited from...electricity? Water? Tared road? Guaranteed jobs? Or what

Siddon your lazy a ss for your house dey wait Jonathan make him bring job come meet you for house, lazy man, nor go hustle to make a good living......see as una dey talk about this power thing as if na Jonathan regime e start....until una show me previous Nigeria Head of state who is better than gej then I will start listening to you guys, then I may even follow una dey shout CHANGE
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 14, 2015
Don't mind that clueless man, PhD in zoology, he should go back to Otuoke to set up animal farm business.

2 Likes

Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by chizitelu16: 10:55am On Feb 14, 2015
d worst GEJ gvt is better than buhari gvt. i imagine how can buhari fight corruption when he has forged certificate. his sponsor tinubu forged too. it wl be forgery gallore
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by 9jagoodman: 10:58am On Feb 14, 2015
These guys Lie are becoming too many, Please God Let their Lies find them out Now
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by BotherMleeper(m): 11:01am On Feb 14, 2015
amakufrancis:

We need TRANSFORMATION

We do need TRANSFORMATION.

but what your patron saint is doing is not TRANSFORMATION.

it is TRANSMOGRIFICATION.
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by blackandbold: 11:02am On Feb 14, 2015
menesheh:
Whats are they talking about, go to your Dictionary type corruption, paste your answer here and check out Stealing too

Stealing is part of corruption but is not actually the direct meaning of corruption.

One important thing to note in his exexplanation is that Nobody actually said that he said "stealing is good".
olodo ni e.....those intelligent lawyers tried educating jonathan...I will educate u.stealing is an act of corruption. if u steal..u are corrupt...simple. dont go about again displaying ur ignorance by saying things like "how much did nwobodo stole that he was punished"ok
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by teufelein(f): 11:05am On Feb 14, 2015
[size=18pt]Corruption is not Stealing![/size]

In philosophical, theological, or moral discussions, corruption is spiritual or moral impurity or deviation from an ideal. Corruption may include many activities including bribery and embezzlement. Government, or 'political', corruption occurs when an office-holder or other governmental employee acts in an official capacity for personal gain.

[1] The word corrupt when used as an adjective literally means "utterly broken".
[2] The word was first used by Aristotle and later by Cicero who added the terms bribe and abandonment of good habits.
[3] a professor of politics, writes that corruption is the illegitimate use of public power to benefit a private interest.
[4] defines corruption as an action to (a) secretly provide (b) a good or a service to a third party (c) so that he or she can influence certain actions which (d) benefit the corrupt, a third party, or both (e) in which the corrupt agent has authority.
[5] Kauffman, from the World Bank extends the concept to include 'legal corruption' in which power is abused within the confines of the law - as those with power often have the ability to shape the law for their protection.
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by mandax: 11:06am On Feb 14, 2015
Tell these drunk APC lawyers that Stealing is never the same as Corruption.
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by BodyKiss(m): 11:07am On Feb 14, 2015
Saying stealing is not corruption is like saying stabbing someone to death is not murder.

1 Like

Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by BodyKiss(m): 11:08am On Feb 14, 2015
teufelein:

In philosophical, theological, or moral discussions, corruption is spiritual or moral impurity or deviation from an ideal. Corruption may include many activities including bribery and embezzlement. Government, or 'political', corruption occurs when an office-holder or other governmental employee acts in an official capacity for personal gain.

[1] The word corrupt when used as an adjective literally means "utterly broken".
[2] The word was first used by Aristotle and later by Cicero who added the terms bribe and abandonment of good habits.
[3] a professor of politics, writes that corruption is the illegitimate use of public power to benefit a private interest.
[4] defines corruption as an action to (a) secretly provide (b) a good or a service to a third party (c) so that he or she can influence certain actions which (d) benefit the corrupt, a third party, or both (e) in which the corrupt agent has authority. Kauffman,
[5] from the World Bank extends the concept to include 'legal corruption' in which power is abused within the confines of the law - as those with power often have the ability to shape the law for their protection.

Nonsense.
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by blackandbold: 11:10am On Feb 14, 2015
chizitelu16:
d worst GEJ gvt is better than buhari gvt. i imagine how can buhari fight corruption when he has forged certificate. his sponsor tinubu forged too. it wl be forgery gallore
I bet all u do is stay in market listening to rumour mongers,ffk and okupke rather than reading and listening to credible news stations....cos at this stage I still don not expect people who cam reason without prejudice to type ur this ur post as regards forgery in which various bodies and ministry in charge of conducting o levels exams have categorically comfirmed the credibility

1 Like

Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by eunisam: 11:11am On Feb 14, 2015
That lawyer is an educated illiterate. In that case all sins are not equal thus no sin leads to heaven. Is thief the same thing as arm rubber? Lawyerself bu ndi ori
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by legendsilver(m): 11:16am On Feb 14, 2015
amakufrancis:
guy you like it or not, Gej will win coming march

We need TRANSFORMATION
stop saying "we" but rather say "U" need Gej kind of transformation.

As for me and majority of Nigerians, all we need is changing the slow ship movement of 16years to a better fast movement of a moving TRAIN.

Together, we are set for a generalmarch4buhari
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by mustymatic(m): 11:17am On Feb 14, 2015
Gombe is currently under attack. This was supposed to be the day the military launched an onslaught on Boko Haram
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 14, 2015
He was high on turkey when he made that statement.
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by ayindejimmy(m): 11:19am On Feb 14, 2015
Ngwakwe:
Some so-called intellectuals are becoming mentally redundant.

1. The comment was a direct quote by the President in reference to a speech made by the Chief Justice of the federation.

2. Where I come from, a thief and a corrupt person is not the same so also is it in many parts of Nigeria.

We assume that Abomination is higher degree of Sin hence the Abominable needs to be ostracised.

3. In communication (syntax and semantics), the understanding of the recipient is/should be the target of the speaker to avoid defeating the purpose of the information delivered.

Let's stop flogging the dead horse. There is no mis-communication in the explanation of the President rather what we have are bunch of hate mongers who not only show their stupidity in attacking everything the President represents as a manifestations of the absolute resentment and antagonism.

I beg to defer a bit. the comment was not a direct quote of Justice Mustapha. the comment was in in reference to what the Judge told Gej. that most cases of corruption brought before him were stealing. Gej never quoted the judge saying ...'stealing is not corruption. ' Gej said that himself.
Be that as it may, how I now understand is comment is that corruption is as been seen as a mild form of stealing in Nigeria. so its better we say someone that stole is a thief rather than say is corrupt. cos saying he's corrupt will only make it seems less grieve.
well, Gej should have previously say...Not all corrupt is stealing. with that we would have known that not all cases of corruption is stealing.
but by saying. ..stealing is not corruption the interpretation it gave was ..not all cases of stealing is corruption. which is absolutely not true.
All stealing is corruption bit all corruption is not stealing. Gbam!

2 Likes

Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by Tonylyte(m): 11:19am On Feb 14, 2015
It takes a corrupt mind to steal, but the act of stealing is not corruption.
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:19am On Feb 14, 2015
Was Bode George sentenced for corruption or stealing?
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by biafranqueen: 11:21am On Feb 14, 2015
Corruption: Thousands of Ghost Workers getting paid millions of dollars halted and investigated(Fighting Corruption)
Stealing: Taking Egusi from Mama Nkechi's store without paying (Stealing)
Corruption: Stop paying kickback money to OBJ and IBB other than the retirement they are owed. (Fighting Corruption)
Stealing: Taking your flat maters last package of indomie (Stealing)
Corruption: Computerizing all FG documents and sending electronic transfer payments. (Fighting Corruption)

Don't you people get it. Why the underdeveloped cognitive skills to understand the Presidents point, which makes more sense then stabilizing oil prices undecided
Small Minds sha!

2 Likes

Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by sule5727: 11:21am On Feb 14, 2015
amakufrancis:
guy you like it or not, Gej will win coming march

We need TRANSFORMATION
@ otuoke
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by teufelein(f): 11:21am On Feb 14, 2015
BodyKiss:

Nonsense.

..of course you'll not comprehend the nuanced differentiated definitions. i'll not blame you just as i never blame any creature from the zoo nigeria. you don't have what it takes to understand and i have no time to engage in circuitous argumentation with a dark micrencephalous monkey from a zoo nigeria, have a nice day.
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by genearts(m): 11:22am On Feb 14, 2015
teufelein:

[4] defines corruption as an action to (a) secretly provide (b) a good or a service to a third party (c) so that he or she can influence certain actions which (d) benefit the corrupt, a third party, or both (e) in which the corrupt agent has authority.
[5] Kauffman, from the World Bank extends the concept to include 'legal corruption' in which power is abused within the confines of the law - as those with power often have the ability to shape the law for their protection.

Hahahahaha... See wetin Gej don cause
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by luvmijeje(f): 11:23am On Feb 14, 2015
Which of them is allowed in our law whether he calls them in different names? They are both punishable under our penal laws. Stealing is even worse than corruption. Both of them carry a legal element of deliberately taking what does not belong to someone with the intent of depriving the taxpayers.”
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by OAM4J: 11:25am On Feb 14, 2015
menesheh:

He did not say say stealing is good but he belittled it by qualifying it as 'mere' stealing.

So all those stealing billions from inflated contracts, pension fund, petrol subsidy etc..are 'mere' thieves...no wonder he failed to prosecute any of them.

Yeye dey smell.
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by marv1: 11:25am On Feb 14, 2015
menesheh:

Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by Nobody: 11:27am On Feb 14, 2015
The 2 other major contenders with joe for the CLUELESS TROPHY are okupe and ffk.
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by Regiblinkz(m): 11:28am On Feb 14, 2015
Forging result seems corrupt to me.. I don't know about you guys
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by Regiblinkz(m): 11:30am On Feb 14, 2015
naijadeyhia:

Chai the thing dey pain u well o. Anyhow I join u to say the guy is humongously moronic and GEJ is cataclismically neurotic and independently daft. I dont blame him because in otuoke where he is from stealing is not corruption. Perhaps he should form his own Federal Republic of otuoke and practice his own form of government there. Mumusciously mumufied mumu
I wonder what Nigerian youths gain from insulting their elders.. Can't you make your point without insults?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tony Anenih Undergoes Heart Surgery / Metuh's Detention: Youths In Anambra Protest (Photos) / I Have Not Received Any Salary In 6 Years- Rauf Aregbesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.