Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan (19749 Views)

Saraki Dozes Off In The Dock As Corruption Trial Takes Its Toll (Photo) / Rumble In The Jungle As Corruption Fights Back- The Vanguard / ''Wanted: Maximum Security For Mr. President As Corruption Fights Back'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by dulux07(m): 2:38pm On Feb 14, 2015
The truth is GEJ, himself is corrupt, cos a thief will always defend the act of stealing, no wonder he didnt declare his asset, no wonder Alamesigha was pardoned, no wonder EFCC was totally dead during his administration, no wonder his food allowance was 1bn naira, traveling allowance 10bn naira, No wonder His vice wanted a house of 6bn naira, over 20bn dollars was missing during his admin, instead of investigating the matter, he sacked d person who exposed him n his gang, trillions of naira have been spent on military by GEJ, and the soldiers are claiming they dont ve sufficient and good weapons, who is deceiving who.Over 43bn dollar was left in our foreign reserve when OBJ left office, i doubt if there is anytin left, . So my people what do u expect such a corrupt leader to say.
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by kenex4ever(m): 3:01pm On Feb 14, 2015
Hungry 4king lawyers! Who know them?
In AY's voice "Dia dad"

1 Like

Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by arimahoseloka(m): 3:01pm On Feb 14, 2015
linuxuser:
Stealing and corruption are quite different no matter how people try to paint the President. You can be corrupt without stealing. Nepotism or bribe taking or giving is corruption. But does nepotism or taking/giving of a bribe entail stealing? No in my own opinion. But a thief is a thief i.e taking something that does not belong to you. Do you have to be corrupt before you steal? Not necessarily. This so called professor is surely a testament of corruption. He is been compromised hence just calling the President a name out of cheer foolishness. Is that not corruption? A year 1 Law Student surely knows the meaning of stealing in Law and yet our so called professor is confused. These so called Human Right Activist are surely worst than the politicians.
what we are talking about here is ''stealing is corruption'' what you explained is " corruption is stealing"
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by Daveboss: 3:07pm On Feb 14, 2015
The sad thing is dat most of u making sadistic comments&attacks @ jona didn't even watch d presidential chat, d Dude clearly stated dat he quoted mustapha, &dat dat no one shld quote him, because d context in which he quoted d original maker of d statement wz a different one... if u did pass English u'd knw dat quoting someone& contextual meaning does give a lot of of explanation 4rm d generic meaning of a word,stop hating & argue inteligently
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by 40dogzz(m): 3:25pm On Feb 14, 2015
amakufrancis:
I see, everyone has his or her brain of reasoning

Gej till 2019
coz of sentiment u will always sell urself so cheap, is a pity
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by amakufrancis(m): 3:47pm On Feb 14, 2015
ibro360:
what have he transformed with d 6 yrs he had and d excess crude fund
ask Google
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by amakufrancis(m): 3:48pm On Feb 14, 2015
Smartestelvis:
yes e dey,n i wish i fit carry am near ur clueless head make e skater am,,i no mind sacrifice my own

Na Die you day.
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by amakufrancis(m): 3:49pm On Feb 14, 2015
2undexy:

I'm not feeling sleepy

Then Go and Die.
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 14, 2015
amakufrancis:

Na Die you day.
u r a dead man talkin,its a miracle tho......
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by ollyruffy: 4:32pm On Feb 14, 2015
Imagine how corrupt a man will be to be defending corruption in public as a country president.

#GEJMUSTGO2015#
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by CuteRazy(m): 4:53pm On Feb 14, 2015
amakufrancis:
guy you like it or not, Gej will win coming march

We need TRANSFORMATION
What of TRANSFORMERS LWKMD cheesy
amakufrancis:
guy you like it or not, Gej will win coming march

We need TRANSFORMATION
What of TRANSFORMERS LWKMD
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by gogodaye(m): 5:20pm On Feb 14, 2015
To any dispassionate mind.....'stealing' and 'corruption' are not one and the same thing under our criminal laws....same way......'murder' and 'manslaughter' cannot be the same under our extant criminal laws....even though a major thread of a homicide is involved in the latter and the expropriation of property is involved in the former.......
Any body asserting the converse needs to undergo and have his academic background reappraised
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by Agwaso: 6:20pm On Feb 14, 2015
Kworoption comprises of stealing, rape, 419, miss use of political office to personal gains, bribery etc. Stealing is an aspect of kworoption but not kworoption entirely.
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by Ovamboland(m): 6:33pm On Feb 14, 2015
Bright2:
Can you categorically tell me that some one who use your memory card with your consent & got it corrupt is the same thing with some one who stole your memory storage card without your consent?

English is English world wide,

My memory card got corrupted is different from my memory card got stolen! I don't need any lawyer to interpret that to me.

Are for real? comparing memory card corruption with government official corruption, you truly go school?
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by Bright2(m): 7:07pm On Feb 14, 2015
Ovamboland:

Are for real? comparing memory card corruption with government official corruption, you truly go school?

oga,if i didn't go to school as you may state it atleast you that went should have known that corruption is exactly not thesame with stealing.
Corruption is diluted while stealing is raw.
They may be similer but are not thesame!

1 Like

Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by Eluwilussit(m): 9:22pm On Feb 14, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Corruption is not only stealing, forging of certificate is corruption, lying under oath is also corruption. So stop fooling yaselves.

Guy you too dey make sense ooooo!
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by derecho(m): 9:35pm On Feb 14, 2015
Now i know that hate not only blind a person but could affect reasoning too.
All GEJ is saying is call a spade a spade and not a working implement.

Even Sagay admitted they are not exactly the same.Many of those using the word corruption do not know what it means.

Only a layman would say Adultery is Fornication or charge an armed robber with stealing in court and expect to get justice.

Sure everything in life has a link if you look closely but What GEJ is saying is BE SPECIFIC,DON'T GENERALIZE..
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by LANREFORWA: 2:16am On Feb 15, 2015
Hungry baby lawyer looking for cheap popularity
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by Johnsinia(m): 10:07am On Feb 15, 2015
PassingShot:

So you're confirming to us that you are not only a thief but also corrupt. Damn!

I've always maintained that only the thieves, corrupt and bigots like you support GEJ their Commander in Thief.
statistically, history have had it that the saint hardly call anyone corrupt, its only those like u, obj n APC's who practice corruptn to the full who knws what corruptn is all abt calls people corrupt.
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by kennyjodeci(m): 5:36pm On Feb 15, 2015
2undexy:

lol, accepted. That's a slip of the QWERTY keyboard. And mind u, av u ever heard of the phrases, White collar job and self employ job?

The instance u gave about seun establishin Nairaland, it means he's self employed, and as a matter of fact, he's not a grauduate and he is doing well for himself.

80% of our graduates are seeking for jobs but all to no avail.

The president even said in one news that he's the first president in Nigeria to ever create 54,000 jobs. Imagine, 54,000 jobs in 6 years. So it means 54,000 was given a job out of over 160 million Nigerians. What of the remaining 159.46 million Nigerians? Jobless or what.

Pls bro, get your fact right and support those who will CHANGE Nigeria

I like your style brother, sorry for the insults
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by Nobody: 6:43pm On Feb 15, 2015
kennyjodeci:

I like your style brother, sorry for the insults

no qualms bro. And sorry 4 the 'bashin' also.
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by Rhea(f): 9:51pm On Feb 15, 2015
[size=18pt]Our presido is still trying to differentiate between corruption and stealing. O dikwa egwu. This man is on some serious ekpeteshi hangover[/size]
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by tit(f): 10:33pm On Feb 15, 2015
Bright2:

oga,if i didn't go to school as you may state it atleast you that went should have known that corruption is exactly not thesame with stealing.
Corruption is diluted while stealing is raw.
They may be similer but are not thesame!

you cannot argue with charge-and-bail lawyers.
they cannot put together a coherent sentence in their heads much less express it.
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by Kedam(m): 11:45am On Feb 16, 2015
I think there are things some people don't understand. When u call A corrupt and when you call A a thief which one of them have more effect by causing much anger and disgrace. In life people will always look for what to implicate u with. There is something clear in Nigeria today only a few people see the word corrupt as extreme than calling a person a thief. President GEJ during the Presidential media chat urged Nigerians not to dignify stealing by calling a common thief ''corrupt''.

The President said, ''A thief should be called a thief. Ole should be called ole! If you say somebody is corrupt people don't know what you mean''

On ''the corruption is not stealing'' quote attributed to the President from previous media chats, he said, ''The word corruption we have abused it and it's not making so much sense. I did not say stealing is not corruption''

''It's not actually my quotation. I quoted the Chief Justice of Nigeria"
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by Mhystique: 4:45pm On Feb 16, 2015
they are fools,very soon they would say killing is different from murder.dey are all act of sin as stealing,bribe are curroption
Re: Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan by Mhystique: 4:47pm On Feb 16, 2015
ayindejimmy:

I beg to defer a bit. the comment was not a direct quote of Justice Mustapha. the comment was in in reference to what the Judge told Gej. that most cases of corruption brought before him were stealing. Gej never quoted the judge saying ...'stealing is not corruption. ' Gej said that himself.
Be that as it may, how I now understand is comment is that corruption is as been seen as a mild form of stealing in Nigeria. so its better we say someone that stole is a thief rather than say is corrupt. cos saying he's corrupt will only make it seems less grieve.
well, Gej should have previously say...Not all corrupt is stealing. with that we would have known that not all cases of corruption is stealing.
but by saying. ..stealing is not corruption the interpretation it gave was ..not all cases of stealing is corruption. which is absolutely not true.
All stealing is corruption bit all corruption is not stealing. Gbam!
.I LOVE THIS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Save EFCC From Politicians, Fayose Begs Buhari / Boko Haram Attacks Ghumbili, Adamawa, Kills Scores, Destroys 60 Houses / ‘Igbos Hiding Under Herdsmen To Commit Atrocities In South-East’ - Ohaneze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.