Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,871 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo (49270 Views)

I Will Jail You In Absentia, Court Warns DSS Operatives / Am Afraid... Buhari Is Winning... / Patience Jonathan In Oyo: If Buhari Wins, APC Will Jail Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo by egift(m): 4:44pm On Feb 15, 2015
IbokUtoroh:
so buhari's corruption fights will start from the tail not head again?
so OBJ is now a saint?
u guys are shamelessLY SOUND, i believe if buhari is comng in to fight corruption he shouldnt just start from his predecessor bt also from those that were on power sincee the creation of nigeria. abi na jonathan's govt invent the wrd CORRUPTION?
Keep hating but also dont forget the law of karma!
just like boko interrupted this tenure somethng more disastrous will also be brought in to scuttle every effort the new govt if n only if there ill be any new govt.

Buhari's primary task is to ensure that ones he assume power, Corruption in government and civil service is tackled and stopped. He will not suspend his administration to be probing Nigeria since 1980. But is you have stolen from Nigeria in the past and your case gets to court, get a lawyer and head to court be you an APC or PDP member.

If you want corruption to be stopped in Nigeria, vote Buhari (APC) - If you want to continue a "Stealing is not Corruption", vote GEJ (PDP). It is a very simple decision. Insults and complicating the issue will not do any of us any favour.

I and my family, we are voting Buhari. Our Future will not be stolen and eroded further. Sai Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo by ogene007: 4:48pm On Feb 15, 2015
I'm pretty much certain that OBJ and all the Buharists who have been spewing trash here must be high on something. Buhari must first contest the elections, then declared winner, then handed over to, then have a nation to govern before talking about who to jail or not to jail. I guess Buhari will triple as executive, legislature and judiciary all rolled into one. There wouldn't be any need to prove cases beyond reasonable doubt because what would be required to get a conviction is Buhari liking your face or not liking your face. Silly bunch of comments from a silly old man and his silly apologists. By the mercy and grace of God, GEJ will win the elections overwhelmingly so that the likes of OBJ and the deluded Buharists can then go and hug the nearest transformers around.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo by Forwetinnah: 4:48pm On Feb 15, 2015
Seun:
Arresting Obasanjo will not help President Jonathan's re-election campaign. Obasanjo is the most influential Yoruba politician apart from Tinubu , and GEJ needs all the Yoruba support he can get because (I think) the outcome of the presidential election will be determined by Yoruba voters.

Huh?? Most influential what?? That's a big fallacy and you know it. It's like saying IBB is the most influential Hausa politician which isn't true. The people who really run Nigeria's political scene don't make noise. OBJ influential...someone who knelt down to beg Atiku for his 2nd tenure?? OBJ is doing everything to discredit GEJ and it's not working

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo by IbokUtoroh(m): 4:51pm On Feb 15, 2015
egift:

Buhari's primary task is to ensure that ones he assume power, Corruption in government and civil service is tackled and stopped. He will not suspend his administration to be probing Nigeria since 1980. But is you have stolen from Nigeria in the past and your case gets to court, get a lawyer and head to court be you an APC or PDP member.

If you want corruption to be stopped in Nigeria, vote Buhari (APC) - If you want to continue a "Stealing is not Corruption", vote GEJ (PDP). It is a very simple decision. Insults and complicating the issue will not do any of us any favour.

I and my family, we are voting Buhari. Our Future will not be stolen and eroded further. Sai Buhari.

i hope u aint doing ur budget based on oyel money?
Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo by PenSniper: 4:52pm On Feb 15, 2015
Obj the demon spewing rubbish.
Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo by Seun(m): 4:52pm On Feb 15, 2015
Forwetinnah:
The people who really run Nigeria's political scene don't make noise.
Can you name these people? (the Yoruba politicians that are more influential than OBJ and and are supporting GEJ?)
Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo by Forwetinnah: 4:56pm On Feb 15, 2015
Seun:
Can you name these people? (the Yoruba politicians that are more influential than OBJ and and are supporting GEJ?)

Lip sealed..
Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo by PassingShot(m): 4:57pm On Feb 15, 2015
Ahmeduana:

NO, I DIDN'T. BECAUSE NOTHING GOOD WILL COME OUT OF NAZARETH, AND MORE OVER IS ONLY EVIL THAT CAN COMES OUT WHENEVER A DESTRUCTIVE PERSON OPENS HIS MOUTH, SO WHY WILL I READ YOUR POST?

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo by Seun(m): 5:00pm On Feb 15, 2015
Forwetinnah:
Lip sealed..
Why? This discussion for me is for the purpose of learning new things. There are many things I don't know and I'm willing to learn.
Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo by Forwetinnah: 5:03pm On Feb 15, 2015
Seun:
Why? This discussion for me is for the purpose of learning new things. There are many things I don't know and I'm willing to learn.

This is a public forum right?? Right!! Sorry bro
Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo by Reference(m): 5:03pm On Feb 15, 2015
So Obasanjo and Jonathan are on the same page on the Buhari anti-corruption bruhaha. I was right when I said last year that to move to the centre Buhari will have to dine with pigs. It should be clear to the so called masses that the establishment has won. Buhari HAS LEARNT HIS LESSONS that Nigeria is corrupt because of the very Nigerians voting him in and animals in general donot eat their kind.

Ex-Presidents are cutting deals. If he can't look at an ex- and say to his face, 'you are going to jail', what can he do about those with immunity. What about those outside his federal reach, what about those of other 'marginalised' tribal leanings and religious affiliations. What will he do about the all powerful and equally notorious National Assembly. What about the cartels who have more cash than the government, the billionaires club and their influence.

What if all these blocs fuse together to maintain the status quo. What will he do. To me, one concession is as good as one pin prick in an otherwise good tyre. Its just a matter of time. That is why it is useless to pin one's hope on just a man to handle widespread, deep-rooted, systemic problems. It is a collective effort not one of horse and jockey.
Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo by Mutuwa(m): 5:03pm On Feb 15, 2015
An2elect2:

cos of "ox-blonde" lips? grin

yes o!.. I just op you truly have the ox-blood lips? wink
Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo by egift(m): 5:04pm On Feb 15, 2015
IbokUtoroh:
i hope u aint doing ur budget based on oyel money?

If you have been following APC campaign, you would know that APC are dedicated to diversifying the economy (expanding agriculture, mining, etc). Also the issue of Security, Job creation, education, healthcare, fighting corruption, electricity generation, etc are on the forefront.

Nigerians refuse to accept PDP excuses that corruption and other challenges facing us can not be tackled. The best is ahead. Sai Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo by IbokUtoroh(m): 5:09pm On Feb 15, 2015
egift:

If you have been following APC campaign, you would know that APC are dedicated to diversifying the economy (expanding agriculture, mining, etc). Also the issue of Security, Job creation, education, healthcare, fighting corruption, electricity generation, etc are on the forefront.

Nigerians refuse to accept PDP excuses that corruption and other challenges facing us can not be tackled. The best is ahead. Sai Buhari.

Mark ur statement. hope they wont think of using oyel money to divrsify.
thank God militants are on standby.
goodluck to una

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo by Nobody: 5:10pm On Feb 15, 2015
Thief Obasanjo still trying to demonise the honest Abacha with his lies. Thief Obasanjo created all the problems we face since 1999.
Who chose GEJ?
Supported GEJ to campaign for elections in 2011?
Who was president when Boko haram first emerged in 2002?
Who ensured all elections were rigged since 1999?
Who started the break up of Nigeria (giving away Bakassi to Cameroon)?

Thief Obasanjo is pretending to give implied support to Buhari because he is aware that America will stop a Buhari presidency at all costs. America can't afford Nigeria to stop making it money as our clueless PDP governments have been doing since 1999.

There's speculation that he may be chosen by the real rulers of Nigeria (America) to head an interim government that they hope will oversee the break up of Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo by Reference(m): 5:17pm On Feb 15, 2015
Bizibi:
Obj,ibb and all these old generals need to die for this country to move forward....they are our problem

Hmmm. I doubt that. They may be the naughty generation but how do you account for the popularity of the Tinubu's and Akpabio's (to be politically correct) who have stolen billions. Look at the mirror and tell me from your heart whether this isn't true and whether you don't back one side or the other. That is the problem. The backing. The man in the mirror.

To show you how bad and upside down things are in Nigeria, Buhari's MAIN appeal and hitherto campaign theme was anti-corruption stance. Now this. Concessions here and there. On a good day in a land far, far away he will be grilled on this and by Monday his popularity will be seeking re-entry. That is Nigeria for you. Nothing changes.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo by egift(m): 5:20pm On Feb 15, 2015
IbokUtoroh:
Mark ur statement. hope they wont think of using oyel money to divrsify.
thank God militants are on standby.
goodluck to una

@Bold:
MEND supports Buhari. People like Asari and Tompolo can either make their communities a WarZone or work with Buhari to bring the need Industrialization, Job Opportunities and Massive development to the South-South that has supported Nigeria for Decades. The choice is theirs. Am optimistic they will make the right call for the sake of the good people of Niger-Delta.

After 6yrs in power and Trillions of Naira spent, in Port Harcourt, Jonathan accepted that he did nothing for the people of South South and resorted back to the same "I-Will-Do" that he promised in 2011.

Vote for Progress. Support Buhari for competent leadership.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 15, 2015
I don't blame the gods for anything that befalls mankind in their decision making.the gods are not to blame,I blame mankind.
Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo by IbokUtoroh(m): 5:25pm On Feb 15, 2015
egift:

@Bold:
MEND supports Buhari. People like Asari and Tompolo can either make their communities a WarZone or work with Buhari to bring the need Industrialization, Job Opportunities and Massive development to the South-South that has supported Nigeria for Decades. The choice is theirs. Am optimistic they will make the right call for the sake of the good people of Niger-Delta.

After 6yrs in power and Trillions of Naira spent, in Port Harcourt, Jonathan accepted that he did nothing for the people of South South and resorted back to the same "I-Will-Do" that he promised in 2011.

so from 2010 when gej assumed the post of acting president till now it is 6yrs? go back to school n complete ur ssce. comeback n quote me when u r thru.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo by Reference(m): 5:25pm On Feb 15, 2015
egift:

@Bold:

Competence was not the best foot forward 12 months ago. It was about anti-corruption. Jailing looters. What has happened since then.
Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo by philips70(m): 5:33pm On Feb 15, 2015
ignis:
Obasanjo, will you stfu? Fustrated man always talking like a motor park tout.

In the yore days when he was carrying Jona all about, elevating him to high heavens I believe he was a bank manager to you guys. Am sorry but this motor park tout is causing your VC president sleepless nights. I just pray this man doesn't develop serious HBP before 28th May.
Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo by oyejideogunjumo: 5:35pm On Feb 15, 2015
CaptainAmerica1:

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-afraid-buhari-will-jail-him-obasanjo/
It is advisable to be as neutal as possible this time and avoid sympathy and solidarity.Nigeria belongs to God.He knows better.He has saved us on a number of time of difficulty in the past.He will surely see us through again this time around.
God .bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo by biafranqueen: 5:35pm On Feb 15, 2015
Seun:
Do you feel that Yoruba people see OBJ and Tinubu as hero's, icon's?
Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo by sikells(m): 5:42pm On Feb 15, 2015
egift:
“I believe the President’s fear is particularly motivated by whom he sees as his likely successor, that is, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari. I believe people would have been telling him that Buhari is a hard man; he will fight corruption and he (Jonathan) may end up in jail if not in the grave. I think people would have told him that sort of thing and he is not the only one afraid of Buhari.”
- Chief Obasanjo.

Even if you do not like OBJ, one thing you can agree is that he is not afraid of looking truth in the face and speaking frankly.
maybe U all have forgotten that the same OBJ is also very corrupt,if GMB was to put all corrupt politicians in jail..obasanjo should be number one,cos he'd be a biased and corrupt president if he leaves out OBJ
Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo by nworanco(m): 6:02pm On Feb 15, 2015
CaptainAmerica1:
Why is Jonathan afraid Buhari will jail him if he has nothing to hide? grin

And if he does, can we call Jonathan a thief? Since stealing is not corruption? cheesy

GEJ should chill though, nothing will happen to him

Sai Buhari

This is no news, everyone is aware. I believe there are some nairalanders enjoying from the corruption that's why they see GEJ as their messiah.

Don't be deceived, bcs Obj. is the one fears Gej. He knew he must surely be jailed bcs he knew Gej will win, Obj stool $16billion of power sector and with number
of stolen federal govt fund by him, thats why he wants and pushing for interim Govt. through back door.
Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo by nworanco(m): 6:14pm On Feb 15, 2015
timi0103:
Sometimes I wonder how money has manipulated Dr. Reuben Abati... femi fani kayode has been corrupt since his early days.

Jonathan keeps getting wrongest advices ever. As former President Olusegun Obasanjo rightly put, GEJ is reigning and not ruling cos he doesn't even have full and autonomous control of the service chiefs. Little wonder the coordinating minister's stance and speech on economic policies are significantly different from that of Mr. gej.

Corruption has been glorified, celebrated and magnified under this democratic dispensation. Ain't y'all ready for change in Nigeria? I think change is imminent.

Unreasonable talk, keep calm watch how things unfolding here in Nigeria. Obj is in trouble, tell u. But let me ask u, do think that Obj want Buhari in that seat of presidency? Could u be able to recall Obj utterances against Buhari in 2007?
Now answer and see that he is in trouble if Gej wins, even Buhari.
Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 15, 2015
Another slogan for Jonathan and PDP from ebora owu "Jonathan reigning and not ruling"
Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo by Uncletony(m): 6:25pm On Feb 15, 2015
CaptainAmerica1:
Why is Jonathan afraid Buhari will jail him if he has nothing to hide? grin

And if he does, can we call Jonathan a thief? Since stealing is not corruption? cheesy

GEJ should chill though, nothing will happen to him

Sai Buhari

This is no news, everyone is aware. I believe there are some nairalanders enjoying from the corruption that's why they see GEJ as their messiah.

Wat do u expect from a devil who bleeped his own son wife?!. no body was disappointed!
Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo by Uncletony(m): 6:28pm On Feb 15, 2015
PassingShot:
Well, I think the reason is not what OBJ has said here. I believe it is more to do with becoming the first sitting president to be defeated/removed through the ballot.

GEJ must have reasonable confidence that GMB will not prosecute him or send him to jail. Of course some of his close allies may later be tried but I don't see GEJ himself being prosecuted except there later comes a revelation so damaging and embarrassing for Nigeria that GEJ is revealed to have been part of.

Obasanjo who bleeped his own son wife, wanted a third term in aso rock...is not worthy of all this publicity!.
Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo by Osas001: 6:29pm On Feb 15, 2015
CaptainAmerica1:

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-afraid-buhari-will-jail-him-obasanjo/

This man should stop raising the tension of politics in this country... He started all this tension with the letter he wrote and now he's always openly opposing this administration... Obj shld be held responsible if chaos or crsis shld erupt in this nation.

He startrd all this rubbish and i believe he is angry because power has moved from his caucus...

The same Buhari that did all sorts to the yorubas when he was in power, is now the same person they are shouting to come bck to power..
Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo by Uncletony(m): 6:30pm On Feb 15, 2015
egift:
“I believe the President’s fear is particularly motivated by whom he sees as his likely successor, that is, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari. I believe people would have been telling him that Buhari is a hard man; he will fight corruption and he (Jonathan) may end up in jail if not in the grave. I think people would have told him that sort of thing and he is not the only one afraid of Buhari.”
- Chief Obasanjo.

Even if you do not like OBJ, one thing you can agree is that he is not afraid of looking truth in the face and speaking frankly.

sure!. Afterall a man who bleeped his son's wife is not afraid of anything!!
Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo by Uncletony(m): 6:32pm On Feb 15, 2015
gen2briz:
Obasanjo giving Jonathan problem since 2011

The same with his family!. Remember he bleeped his son's wife & every one scattered!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Another APC Member Killed In Rivers This Morning / Sowore To Obi: You've Been Scammed. Your 'dallas Citizenship' Award Is Worthless / Sheikh Bello Yabo: Kill Isma’il Isah For Blasphemy - Islamic Cleric Orders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.