Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya (33561 Views)

South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt / 80 Boko Haram Men Join ISIS In Libya ,niger ( Pic) / Buhari rejects proposal for Chad, Niger to head central force against Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by EVarn(m): 11:51am On Feb 24, 2015
papaejima1:

Exactly! When it finally gets to our shores, they would be the first to say the govt was not proactive and lacked foresight.
But right now, we are content with living inside our shells forgetting that as the egyptians said, "it would be like a man shutting his door against a fire"
True,very true.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 24, 2015
eltalentino:
hmmmm I quite agree with u sha . Hope u were able to finish up what u were doing last night?

Errm, what was I doing last night?
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by EVarn(m): 12:00pm On Feb 24, 2015
owobokiri:
This is a very good idea... If we don't go to Libya to get them, after several years of training in Libya with Libya's vast state infrastructure, ISIS will be formidable enough to start spreading rapidly across Africa. With their striking success in Iraq, most African states with their fledgling armies will be of no match.. Tackling ISIS in Libya NOW is the best way forward... But again is the Americans going to like that? ISIS is a very good destabilizing force. And the destabilization of Africa fits Americas foreign policy drives.., so?
on point,the west will stand back and allow ISIS to destabilize africa,especially countries like Nigeria.after boko haram is defeated,we need to arm and train our military for "armageddon".A great crisis is looming,a war is coming,and may God help us if we arent prepared for it.

4 Likes

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by sCun: 12:03pm On Feb 24, 2015
EVarn:
Until they arrive at our doorstep?,libya is barely 1500km away from our border!,niger and chad{that are inbetween libya and nigeria} pose little resistance to ISIS....we should join hands with egypt and stop ISIS before they reach our borders and start recruiting millions of our northern youths who remain blinded by a barbaric religion.
we must be proactive,act rather than react,or we may regret it while we watch our country implode.
Why can't Egypt join hands with us to prevent Boko haram from reaching their territory?

4 Likes

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by eltalentino(m): 12:06pm On Feb 24, 2015
Tandullceblog:

Errm, what was I doing last night?
u really don't expect me to answer that here! Do you?
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by eltalentino(m): 12:10pm On Feb 24, 2015
sCun:

Why can't Egypt join hands with us to prevent Boko haram from reaching their territory?
good questions. We have over 52 nations in African. It should be all inclusive. Enough of this big brother role that profits nothing

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by sCun: 12:11pm On Feb 24, 2015
eltalentino:
good questions. We have over 52 nations in African. It should be all inclusive. Enough of this big brother role that profits nothing
Don't mind those guys forming ITK all over the thread.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Masterclass32: 12:13pm On Feb 24, 2015
There's no way Nigeria is joining that fight. angry

We've been battling the BH boys, just beginning to have the edge over them, and you want to get us involved in this? Not going to happen, at least not now. Do you people want to deplete us? Abi, una get plan? undecided

Abeg, make we finish with the BH boys first. undecided

1 Like

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Blackfire(m): 12:18pm On Feb 24, 2015
they wanted change,by revolution they removed gadafi... now ISIS is collecting their country as change

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by EVarn(m): 12:23pm On Feb 24, 2015
sCun:

Because boko haram is a much more lesser threat,egypt can tackle boko haram as much as we can.so BH isnt much of a threat to a military giant like egypt,moreover,we never asked them for help.but ISIS is a different matter entirely,egypt alone can never defeat ISIS.To flush out ISIS:
egypt will attack libya from the east,nigeria will push upward from the south;with constant aerial bombardment,we will reduce ISIS to rubble before it becomes a major threat.
egypt cant do it alone,they do not have missile armed drones to carry out selective airstrikes{Nigeria does},they have limited CT Ops training and experience{Nigerian troops have a knowledge base of CT Ops intelligence,tactics,and experience due to our five year war against islamic terror},they need the satellite and surveillance assets that we have.
we need an african coalition force against ISIS.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by signz: 12:23pm On Feb 24, 2015
Abeg we still have a war in our hands now. Make we tidy boko finish first before going after their master.

Augustine of beegeagle suggested that Nigeria should either have mine fields in all border towns in the northern part of Nigeria, dig trenches or build high walls. I think that's what we should do immediately this war is over. Also we should continue arming ourselves like the Algerian's are currently doing. We can do it.

Fighting against ISIS is a no no for me. Let's have minefields in all border towns in Nigeria and let's see how ISIS army will sneak into Nigeria unnoticed without our formidable and we'll armed army/airforce challenging them. angry

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by dustydee: 12:25pm On Feb 24, 2015
Maybe he thought it's the Nigeria he used to know. Nigeria that is struggling to fight Boko Haram you want them to join you to fight ISIS. Mbok leave us out of that - at least for now.

To ISIS: It was a slip of tongue, he didn't mean to mention Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Nobody: 12:29pm On Feb 24, 2015
We never finish with BH. Na ISIS dem want introduce. make Una shift abegii

1 Like

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Ilekeh(f): 12:29pm On Feb 24, 2015
Lmao whattttttttt??
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by CLEARINGAGENT: 12:30pm On Feb 24, 2015
Even we need help.

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by DBlackCeazer(m): 12:31pm On Feb 24, 2015
DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY TO THESE MUSLIMS CAUSING THE WORLD SO MUCH PAIN.

7 Likes

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by ayusco85(m): 12:31pm On Feb 24, 2015
for what na? we havent finished wit boko haram na ISIS? undecided

1 Like

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by ozoigbondu: 12:31pm On Feb 24, 2015
I know we are battling boko haram now but the egyptain is right.ISIS spreads fast like cancer they have infested libya and nigeria is not far behind.Imagine if they over run niger and joins boko haram na gobe be that ooh.

Is better we spare some forces to contain isis in libya before they spill over.If you look at the map you will agree with me that isis is not far from our shores

12 Likes

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Truckpusher(m): 12:35pm On Feb 24, 2015
Tandullceblog:
Please they should leave us out of that fight o. We re still battling BH here and we've not succeeded to take on another.
Isis is a real threat to North Africa and Sub Sahara Africa and the Egyptians aren't just talking though we have our own problems right now.

Imagine Isis closing ranks with Boko Haram and Al Shabab then we are fuccked especially when you have too many Islamic fundamentalist on the loose in the North.

8 Likes

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by dammyluv911(f): 12:36pm On Feb 24, 2015
wen we neva finish wit our own

1 Like

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by DanielPop(m): 12:36pm On Feb 24, 2015
The Egyptian ambassador should re-direct that call to Washington DC. It is from that city in USA that a decision was taken and enforced which brought down the ONLY man that could roll back Islamic Fundamentalism in Libya - Muammar Ghadaffi! Mr. Ambassador, if i catch you near Aso Rock with that proposal, Ghana go look like USA when i finish with you!

4 Likes

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by pekeyim: 12:36pm On Feb 24, 2015
Mbok make una leave us to fight Boko Boys finish! Before we reason ISIS,

Although we need to keep an eye on the Libyan Situation.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by pomporiking: 12:36pm On Feb 24, 2015
I am 100% behind this but we need to deal with bh first.
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Nobody: 12:37pm On Feb 24, 2015
cooljude:
Going into Libya is not about ISIS. Presently Libya is a warlord country with different faction having their own portion of Libya. The central government of Libya has no real power over its territory and therefore they are looking for backers to fight all this different group. Presently all Nigeria should do is to clearly state that they support the fight against ISIS and by sharing intelligence with Egypt and could still finance a certain part of the operation. But for boot on the ground, i totally disagree, because the conflict in Libya is more complicated than what Egypt had just painted and we have our immediate problems. They should have just left Ghadaffi, he was no threat to any Africa state and he was totally against Terrorist groups. In summary, Nigeria should pledge support for the fight against DAESH and possibly finance some aspect but our focus should be on how to defeat BH in our land.
you've spoken well
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by visalo: 12:37pm On Feb 24, 2015
vedaxcool:
The dumb egyptian president is looking for a fool that would be used as a foot mat for creating trouble in Libya, The Libyan authorities are encircling Sirte where ISIS wanabe are located, so why is Bloody Murderer (I)SISi looking for blood in Libya?

Like Jonathan he seems hell bent on exploiting terror for his nefarious political gimmicks!

You are not far from terrorist's member. Security security should close on you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by pomporiking: 12:37pm On Feb 24, 2015
I am 100% behind this but we need to deal with bh first.african countries need to help each other more and stop running to the white man

1 Like

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Nobody: 12:37pm On Feb 24, 2015
Tandullceblog:
Please they should leave us out of that fight o. We re still battling BH here and we've not succeeded to take on another.
Please, I need your help. I need you to help me encourage Nneka123 to post on political threads, thanks!
Oh wait! On second thought, nevermind. Don't want to wake up tomorrow morning to see Nneka shouting "GEJ/GMB till xxxx" all over FP - you know that shite can be addictive. That would be a catastrophe, and to think I had a hand in it? Nevermind. Shalom. Nneka dear, please stay away from political threads. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by DanielPop(m): 12:38pm On Feb 24, 2015
ozoigbondu:
I know we are battling boko haram now but the egyptain is right.ISIS spreads fast like cancer they have infested libya and nigeria is not far behind.Imagine if they over run niger and joins boko haram na gobe be that ooh.

Is better we spare some forces to contain isis in libya before they spill over.If you look at the map you will agree with me that isis is not far from our shores

Spare which forces? Even if our soldiers had no work and are drinking peppersoup and chasing each others daughters in the barracks, still they are going no where. Let the USA finish what they started in Libya.

6 Likes

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by binarytrader: 12:38pm On Feb 24, 2015
Be financially free today learn how to trade binary option and make minimum of $20 daily from Monday-Friday with our 85% efficient indicator for more information contact me on binarytrader6@gmail.com.
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Decryptor(m): 12:39pm On Feb 24, 2015
Even Egypt can see that GEJ is winning the war against terrorism. APC and Buhari can go and jump into Kainji Dam grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Okaka27(m): 12:40pm On Feb 24, 2015
No doubts our clueless president will agree.
We are used to this. :-/
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Guyman02: 12:40pm On Feb 24, 2015
We voted for that resolution supporting NATO bombardment of Libya because the Americans asked to do so and Nigeria thought that Gaddafi was actually killing his own as promoted by western media which later turned out to be false; but now that they have shown their ugly side by not supporting us against BH with weapons supply, we ask America and NATO to go back to Libya and complete the 'Freedom and Democracy' they promised them.
We are not going to Libya to fight ISIS for now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Sells 50kg Bag Of Rice N8k Ahead Of Osinbajo's Visit(photos) / FG, US In Closed Door Meeting Over Visa Ban Issue / Nigerian Soldiers Retreat From Boko Haram Stronghold, Sambisa Forest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.