Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,220 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya (33532 Views)

South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt / 80 Boko Haram Men Join ISIS In Libya ,niger ( Pic) / Buhari rejects proposal for Chad, Niger to head central force against Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by ozoigbondu: 12:41pm On Feb 24, 2015
DanielPop:

Spare which forces? Even if our soldiers had no work and are drinking peppersoup and chasing each others daughters in the barracks, still they are going no where. Let the USA finish what they started in Libya.

Is true that ISIS helped in formation of isis and essential destroyed libya but this is an african problem sooner or later they will come knocking on our borders they need to be contained now atleast only in libya
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Okaka27(m): 12:42pm On Feb 24, 2015
Decryptor:
Even Egypt can see that GEJ is winning the war against terrorism. APC and Buhari can go and jump into Kainji Dam grin grin
U are a fool
no need to explain to u why.

CASE CLOSED
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by talktimi(m): 12:43pm On Feb 24, 2015
Tandullceblog:
Please they should leave us out of that fight o. We re still battling BH here and we've not succeeded to take on another.
IS is in Libya and Libya is mot that far from Nigeria (ask those who travelled by road to get there in the name of hustling) I fear its already too late but the sooner something is started, the better

1 Like

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by 50calibre(m): 12:43pm On Feb 24, 2015
This Egyptian ambassador must be anti-Nigerian for wanting the ill-trained & ill-equipped Nigerian militia to go make themselves slaughter lambs for ISIS.

How can a militia so incapable of defeating a rag-tag outfit like boko haram face a far more formidable force like ISIS.

Except anyone wants to see the severed head of Nigerian soldiers hanging on spikes, this suggestion is dead on arrival, no Nigerian soldier is stup*d enough to embark on this suicide mission.

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Guyman02: 12:45pm On Feb 24, 2015
papaejima1:

They will have to like it by force!
When Egypt and Nigeria as well as other countries mobilize against ISIS with the Russians and Chinese in tow, America will be left with no other choice than to fall in line.

This is exactly what they have started doing now that the Nigerian military is having the upper hand against Boko Haram. Suddenly they now come to Chad to train them and rush weapons to Cameroon to fight BH just so they can share in the glory of defeating Boko Haram.

Bros, America must like it weda or wedan't!

Never trust the yanks! I watched them using their media to claim that they are the ones providing training in the fight against BH by showing 2 US soldiers writing something on a whiteboard and 3 others shooting at a wooden target practice.
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by sCun: 12:45pm On Feb 24, 2015
EVarn:
Because boko haram is a much more lesser threat,egypt can tackle boko haram as much as we can.so BH isnt much of a threat to a military giant like egypt,moreover,we never asked them for help.but ISIS is a different matter entirely,egypt alone can never defeat ISIS.To flush out ISIS:
egypt will attack libya from the east,nigeria will push upward from the south;with constant aerial bombardment,we will reduce ISIS to rubble before it becomes a major threat.
egypt cant do it alone,they do not have missile armed drones to carry out selective airstrikes{Nigeria does},they have limited CT Ops training and experience{Nigerian troops have a knowledge base of CT Ops intelligence,tactics,and experience due to our five year war against islamic terror},they need the satellite and surveillance assets that we have.
we need an african coalition force against ISIS.
You are just a noise maker, i am sorry.
Is there any real proof that ISIS is a bigger threat than boko haram? Boko Haram is currently fighting 4 countries simultaneously, Egypt should come and help us fight them before they spread to even more countries.
Simple. You can save your stories for another day.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Guyman02: 12:46pm On Feb 24, 2015
50calibre:
This Egyptian ambassador must be anti-Nigerian for wanting the ill-trained & ill-equipped Nigerian militia to go make themselves slaughter lambs for ISIS.

How can a militia so incapable of defeating a rag-tag outfit like boko haram face a far more formidable force like ISIS.

Except anyone wants to see the severed head of Nigerian soldiers hanging on spikes, this suggestion is dead on arrival, no Nigerian soldier is stup*d enough to embark on this suicide mission.

APC troll; who will never give credit to Nigerian Army because they think the credit will go to GEJ.

7 Likes

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by kevoh(m): 12:46pm On Feb 24, 2015
papaejima1:

When Egypt and Nigeria as well as other countries mobilize against ISIS with the Russians and Chinese in tow, America will be left with no other choice than to fall in line.

This is exactly what they have started doing now that the Nigerian military is having the upper hand against Boko Haram. Suddenly they now come to Chad to train them and rush weapons to Cameroun to fight BH just so they can share in the glory of defeating Boko Haram.

GBAM! Well said. By the way,Sir, You sound like a regular contributor from beegeagle. I have learnt and still learning about Nigerian millitary operations from you guys there.
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by ozoigbondu: 12:46pm On Feb 24, 2015
50calibre:

What will happen when formiable isis teams up with rag tag boko haram Nigeria will be screwed over and over again is better they are confined to libya now am sure we have enough troops to spare
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by afuye(m): 12:48pm On Feb 24, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin ISIL ARE MORE CO-ORDINATED THAN BOKOHARAM. ABEG MAKE THEM LEAVE US OUT OF THIS !
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by sulmeza(m): 12:50pm On Feb 24, 2015
U guys tink dis' a simple proposal dat can jt be axeptd or rejectd outrightly?...dis' world politics involving global security..it's much mre complicatd dan that.....all d pros nd cons wil be weighed..b4 any decision can be taken........!..on a personal note..i tink we can support wit 'non-physical' aid...sharing of intel,strategies,funds nd all...we dnt av to put boots on ground..
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by sCun: 12:52pm On Feb 24, 2015
ozoigbondu:
I know we are battling boko haram now but the egyptain is right.ISIS spreads fast like cancer they have infested libya and nigeria is not far behind.Imagine if they over run niger and joins boko haram na gobe be that ooh.

Is better we spare some forces to contain isis in libya before they spill over.If you look at the map you will agree with me that isis is not far from our shores
ISIS is in one African country, Boko haram is in four, Boko haram should definitely be the priority.
What you guys are exhibiting here is nothing other than the usual Nigerian worshiping of anything foreign
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Decryptor(m): 12:52pm On Feb 24, 2015
Okaka27:
U are a fool
no need to explain to u why.

CASE CLOSED

Is that a valid argument to the fact i just expounded to your face? I won't descend to your low gutter level. Nincompoop!!
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 24, 2015
Canme4u:
gej till I die

1 Like

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Pesuzok(m): 12:53pm On Feb 24, 2015
Tandullceblog:

When we've not been able to contain BH threat?

I've listened to enough news to know that they go after countries that come after them and Nigeria just can't swing that right now.
That is false, ISIS are continuously trying to conquer new regions to add to their Islamic State, and a country like Nigeria with half its citizens muslims are bait for ISIS.
I am not saying the government should abandon BH war, but they should start observing what is going on in Libya. ISIS is very powerful and sofisticated unlike BH

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by paranod123(m): 12:55pm On Feb 24, 2015
So this Egypt not aware that we are fighting Boko Haram since this Years and never support us with nothing now they want to put us inside another trouble ISIS KO NRC NI abeg make una leave us alone ooo
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by 50calibre(m): 12:55pm On Feb 24, 2015
Guyman02:

APC troll; who will never give credit to Nigerian Army because they think the credit will go to GEJ.

Foo*l you think I'm into your petty Nigerian politics?

Keep being a pawn in a political game, after all said and done, you're just a nobody.
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Okaka27(m): 12:57pm On Feb 24, 2015
Decryptor:

Is that a valid argument to the fact i just expounded to your face? I won't descend to your low gutter level. Nincompoop!!
lol. Nw a gutter level individual is asking u....
HOW IS GEJ WINNIN BOKO HARAM WAR

1 Like

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by engrsyer(m): 12:57pm On Feb 24, 2015
This Egyptian ambassador actually spoke the truth. It is time AU re-unite again and front a common AU forces to secure and protect the African continent from all rag-tag dudes(Terrorists/ISIS). I am sure Nigeria would give a quick yes to it and work towards it with an imeediate effect just as the Economic Community of Central African States have come to Nigeria and fronting a regional bloc in fighting Boko Haram.

4 Likes

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by richardomoko: 12:58pm On Feb 24, 2015
You guys saying that Egypt should leave Nigeria out of this don't understand what you are up against. Don't you realise that you are already in a fight with them? Boko haram is a part of ISIS if you don't realise this. Only last week Cameron captured some French nationals fighting with BH. If you think what you are fighting here is strictly Nigerian matter then you have it all wrong. I wish I can be recruited as well to fight this insurgency in whatever way I can. God bless Nigeria.
papaejima1:
The Egyptian Ambassador to Nigeria, Mr. Ashrat Salama, has called on Nigeria and the Africa Union (AU) to collaborate against the terrorist group, Islamic State and ensure the establishment of a multi-national force against it.

This, he said, is necessary to ensure that the terrorist group does not spread on the continent.

Speaking against the backdrop of air strikes recently carried out on IS targets in Libya by the Egyptian Air Force, Salama told journalists in Abuja monday that contrary to the propaganda by IS, no civilian was killed in the offensive.

Egypt carried out the offensive on IS training schools and ammunition storage in Libya in retaliation for the beheading of 21 Egyptian Coptic Christians by the group.

Salama particularly noted that it was necessary for Nigeria to work with Egypt to combat the terrorist group because both nations are not far from each other.

Both nations, he added, could also lead the call for a multi-national force on the continent as powerful voices in the AU.

“Nigeria is already achieving results with the multi-regional force with Chad, Cameroun and Niger, so we need something like this as we are dealing with similar issues,” he urged.

Although Egypt is ready to work to secure the region, the matter of IS is a bigger issue, he added.

“We can do this by sharing information, mobilising forces, co-ordinating strategies, form a coalition from the AU to be supervised by a multi-task force. If you do not support the fight against the terror group because it is not in your country, before you realise it, it could be in your neighbourhood,” he said.

The envoy added that to be nonchalant about IS is like shutting one’s door against fire.

“It is too big for Egypt alone, you cannot go just because you are provoked, you have to plan well. We must not give a chance to these terrorists,” he added.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/central-african-leaders-rally-africa-against-boko-haram/202597/

4 Likes

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by papaejima1: 12:58pm On Feb 24, 2015
kevoh:

GBAM! Well said. By the way,Sir, You sound like a regular contributor from beegeagle. I have learnt and still learning about Nigerian millitary operations from you guys there.
Ummm, something like that sha.

The battle for the soul and integrity of Nigeria must be won and it is our duty to educate our compatriots and repudiate the deadly and divisive propaganda from the western media.
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Tegatons: 12:59pm On Feb 24, 2015
Egyptians count us out.
O.Y.O.
They wan put us for another wahala
God punished devil
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by doctokwus: 12:59pm On Feb 24, 2015
This is just thisday in their myopic pro GEJ slant thinking that this wud show that the Nigerian military is now being courted by the world again.This is their own idea of making Nigerians bliv GEJ has brought back d glory to Nigeria's military
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by ozoigbondu: 1:00pm On Feb 24, 2015
sCun:

ISIS is in one African country, Boko haram is in four, Boko haram should definitely be the priority.
What you guys are exhibiting here is nothing other than the usual Nigerian worshiping of anything foreign
My friend listen to yourself Boko haram are not intrested in those four countries they merely hit and run back to nigeria.They are active mainly in three states of nigeria overunning 1/3 of bornu and lossing control of the little ground they have in the remaining states

ISIS on the other hand has over run half of iraq half of syria and most of libya these group are a real threat.The u.s led coalition specializing on arieal bombardment has done little or no harm to isis infact they keep on growing and gathering support.All those that america trained and armed to fight al assad have metamorphised into ISIS and they are a formiable army

Boko haram is childs play to ISIS

3 Likes

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by VANHELLSING: 1:00pm On Feb 24, 2015
owobokiri:
This is a very good idea... If we don't go to Libya to get them, after several years of training in Libya with Libya's vast state infrastructure, ISIS will be formidable enough to start spreading rapidly across Africa. With their striking success in Iraq, most African states with their fledgling armies will be of no match.. Tackling ISIS in Libya NOW is the best way forward... But again is the Americans going to like that? ISIS is a very good destabilizing force. And the destabilization of Africa fits Americas foreign policy drives.., so?
The fact remains that ISISI posses more threat to African stability than boko haram & the earlier African nations like Egypt, south Africa, Nigeria & perhaps Kenya join hand & stop them from taking total control of Libya the better. Anyone with the knowledge of what is has done in Syria & Iraq will never say ISISI is not a threat to Nigeria.

ISISI is an invincible army of the dead, the earlier we root them out of African soul in this infancy, the better.

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by sCun: 1:00pm On Feb 24, 2015
ISIS is far up in Libya, close to the border with Egypt, the only country under immediate threat now is Egypt. They will have to overrun the whole of Libya before they think of crossing into Niger or Chad. Egypt are under immediate threat from ISIS and they are already crying for help, what help did they ofer all the while we have been fighting with boko haram?
If ISIS is a threat to Nigeria, then Boko haram which is already in four countries is a threat to Egypt. They should come and help us destroy boko haram.
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by OmoUSH(m): 1:01pm On Feb 24, 2015
papaejima1:

This is exactly what they have started doing now that the Nigerian military is having the upper hand against Boko Haram. Suddenly they now come to Chad to train them and rush weapons to Cameroun to fight BH just so they can share in the glory of defeating Boko Haram.

So because China and Russian will support d fight against ISIL, the almighty lord of the entire universe, America, will ''also fall in line"? How old are u anyway? Let little children stay away from international politics.
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by EVarn(m): 1:01pm On Feb 24, 2015
sCun:
You are just a noise maker, i am sorry.
Is there any real proof that ISIS is a bigger threat than boko haram? Boko Haram is currently fighting 4 countries simultaneously, Egypt should come and help us fight them before they spread to even more countries.
Simple. You can save your stories for another day.
Well,you are entitled to your own opinions.if you think i'm a story telling noisemaker,well thats the only way you can translate your reasoning.
As for proof that ISIS is a bigger threat than boko haram,there are many to name,but i'm not here to convince you of anything; you can form your own opinions,i wont insult your opinions and ideas.
i hold no grudges.

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by dubemivan(m): 1:03pm On Feb 24, 2015
This Egyptians must be joke! All the while Nigeria has been cryin out for assistance against Boko haram, It didnt concern them as they remain silent even as Niger, cameroun and others later join forces. Now they began to have similar challenges they are calling us( as per Giant of Africa) for help even though we not through without our issues yet, So our soldiers are good to die while theirs remain alive abi? they never serious, i even wonder how we suddenly became close to them all the way from Western Africa they skip sudan, ethiopia, CAR, Eritrea to become border neighbours with us... They should better die if they cant seek help anywhere!
Only during trouble they will remember my country yet they will maltreat and abuse our citizens in their country and deny some Visa, During Nigerian crises they remain silent and watch out how it unfolds while enjoying their peace but now it is every man for himself, Period!!!
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Decryptor(m): 1:03pm On Feb 24, 2015
Okaka27:
lol. Nw a gutter level individual is asking u....
HOW IS GEJ WINNIN BOKO HARAM WAR

Go and ask your father
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by papaejima1: 1:04pm On Feb 24, 2015
Guyman02:

Never trust the yanks! I watched them using their media to claim that they are the ones providing training in the fight against BH by showing 2 US soldiers writing something on a whiteboard and 3 others shooting at a wooden target practice.
It was the same yanks that asked Nigeria to withdraw crucial fighting equipment from the operation theatre for training purposes, knowing that would give Bh an advantage over our troops.
Those guys are evil I tell you.
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by sCun: 1:04pm On Feb 24, 2015
ozoigbondu:

My friend listen to your self.Boko haram are not intrested in those four countries they merely hit and run back to nigeria.They are active mainly in three states of nigeria overunning 1/3 of bornu and lossing control of the little ground they have in the remaining states

ISIS on the other hand has over run half if iraq half of syria and most of libya these group are a real threat.The u.s led coalition specializing on arieal bombardment has done little or no harm to isis infact they keep on growing and gathering support

Boko haram is childs play to ISIS
Shut up! ISIS only controls a small city in Libya close to the Egyptian border, Boko haram controls an area the size of Belgium in Nigeria and are also active in cameroon, chad and Niger.
ISIS is child's play compared to boko haram.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Border Closure: Nigeria Rejects Vietnam’s Rice Importation Plea / Bonario Nnags: "IPOB Finally Touched My Community Last Night" / Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.