Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,729 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya (33543 Views)

South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt / 80 Boko Haram Men Join ISIS In Libya ,niger ( Pic) / Buhari rejects proposal for Chad, Niger to head central force against Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Nobody: 1:33pm On Feb 24, 2015
Truckpusher:
Isis is a real threat to North Africa and Sub Sahara Africa and the Egyptians aren't just talking though we have our own problems right now.

Imagine Isis closing ranks with Boko Haram and Al Shabab then we are fuccked especially when you have too many Islamic fundamentalist on the loose in the North.

Yeah, I know they are a real threat and I know they can pair with BH and d odas, dat can happen... but it hasn't happened, how about we do not stir up trouble. yeah Nigeria should be watchful and all that but let's not start something that might not have occurred if we didn't put our heads were we not supposed to. It's not like we have the ability to start a war with them and defeat them. We are still struggling here.

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Nobody: 1:36pm On Feb 24, 2015
Dammyjohn:

You have said it all brother and that is it.

Thank you sister. grin

1 Like

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 24, 2015
If we try it,Nigeria will be the next target of ISIS. Why is al shebab always attacking Kenya,it's because of kenya's peacekeeping mission in Somalia and other countries.

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by heilige(m): 1:37pm On Feb 24, 2015
This is a country who knows our worth.
Nigeria Army under GMB can face the challenge.
Atleast we get a chance to redeem our image and disgrace suffered from boko haram

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Dammyjohn(m): 1:39pm On Feb 24, 2015
Tandullceblog:

Thank you sister. grin
Na you sabi.I be brother too ooo.
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 24, 2015
eltalentino:
u really don't expect me to answer that here! Do you?

If I knew what you were talking about; maybe
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by 50calibre(m): 1:41pm On Feb 24, 2015
ozoigbondu:

Poor boy at least it jerked turkey to life as for isis it does no necessary have to be air strikes nigeria can help in many ways like providing logistics finance and even morale support but we should not sit back and wait for isis to knock on our doors before we do something

That will be a reasonable contribution, but I think an AU-led response will be the best possible outcome rather than Nigeria going to spook ISIS alone, this might hasten their aggression towards Nigeria.

Every AU member country needs to bring something to the table because no country is safe, ISIS are bent on establishing a caliphate so it's up to Africa to fight them as one or every man for himself.

In the meantime, Nigeria needs to meet with its neighbouring countries and figure out how to protect themselves at home.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 24, 2015
Dammyjohn:

Na you sabi.I be brother too ooo.

Yeah! I know
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by ozoigbondu: 1:44pm On Feb 24, 2015
50calibre:

That will be a reasonable contribution, but I think an AU-led response will be the best possible outcome rather than Nigeria going to spook ISIS alone, this might hasten their aggression towards Nigeria.

Every AU member country needs to bring something to the table because no country is safe, ISIS are bent on establishing a caliphate so it's up to Africa to fight them as one or every man for himself.

In the meantime, Nigeria needs to meet with its neighbouring countries and figure out how to protect themselves at home.

This is exactly what the egyptain was saying he believes that nigeria as an african power should lead the call to rally african troop
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Nobody: 1:46pm On Feb 24, 2015
sCun:

Why can't Egypt join hands with us to prevent Boko haram from reaching their territory?

lets be fair on this issue. Looking at the historical and other factors that led to the emergence of BH, you would see that it is purely a Nigerian thing. It's got to do with discontent with the Nigerian system, it doesn't matter what they are discontent about, if it is a fair discontent or not. At that stage, it posed no threat to Egypt. The distance between Egypt and Nigeria is so vast that for BH to be a threat to Egypt, they would have to gain real ground, get a better source of income and so many other things which they just don't have yet.

ISIS is definitely not the same! They have a better source of income, wider media coverage, wider and better means of recruitment, etc. If BH grows stronger today, then it is because IS has established itself very close by. It is important we try to stop something now that to regret our inactions later.
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 24, 2015
SMH. as if BH is not enough palava. BBOG!
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Eureka123(f): 1:50pm On Feb 24, 2015
Tandullceblog:
Please they should leave us out of that fight o. We re still battling BH here and we've not succeeded to take on another.

grin grin
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by ribbit: 1:50pm On Feb 24, 2015
muslims causing trouble everywhere.. smh
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Dammyjohn(m): 1:51pm On Feb 24, 2015
Tandullceblog:

Yeah! I know
Ok ooooo
Oh!I just noticed you are a lady.Don't mind me jare.ok?And by the way you must be a charmer.Lol
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 24, 2015
Where did this come from?

Nigerians something fishy is going on.

Egypt is America's puppet as is our government. America is upto something devious.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by thaoriginator: 1:59pm On Feb 24, 2015
Them help us come fight Boko Haram? Abi dem dey mad?
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 24, 2015
Tandullceblog:

Yeah, I know they are a real threat and I know they can pair with BH and d odas, dat can happen... but it hasn't happened, how about we do not stir up trouble. yeah Nigeria should be watchful and all that but let's not start something that might not have occurred if we didn't put our heads were we not supposed to. It's not like we have the ability to start a war with them and defeat them. We are still struggling here.

i agree completely with this. What we should do is not to start bombing IS like others are doing. We shouldn't even think of puting boots on the ground. Truth is we do not have the capacity for such yet. Our J-7s are not capable of deep strikes and we can't begin to have airbases beyond our borders. That would be too expensive at a time we are growing our economy. We also cannot put boots on the ground because the army is over stretched. But that doesn't mean we should just fold our arms and say "that is not our business".

I think we should get engaged, but in a limited way. We have to strengthen our NIA and the SSS. That is one area i expect the FG to focus on. Our intelligence gathering should be strategic and not random. It has to be geared towards that which directly affects us. If we are going to do someone if we are going to share intelligence on that which doesn't concern us, then it is going to be an appreciation for being our friend in the fight against terrorism.

While we are doing that, we need to aslo focus on the armed forces particularly, the airforce. We need an SU-30 for deep strike. With the SU-30s we are not going to need airbases outside our borders. The only thing we would need is a permission from the our neighbour's airforces to use their airspace. Infact, that won't be necessary since those countries have no way of knowing if we are in their airspace. They don't have radar.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 24, 2015
We cannot contain bokoharam, let alone boko haram and ISIL. We shouldn't wait for ISIL to come knocking o. Nigerian government should give all the support they can. Our land troops are enough sef...
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by major466(m): 2:03pm On Feb 24, 2015
Tandullceblog:

The fact that IS is not an immediate thread to Nigeria doesn't mean we should let them to continue wrecking havoc in North Africa. ISIS, just like any terrorist group have agendas to terrorise as much countries as possible to establish their own version of Sharia Law. The earlier Nigeria team up with Egypt and other African countries to stop them from spreading down to Niger Republic, Chad and Mali the better for us. Remember, ISIS has overun much of Iraq and Syria no thanks to the American government.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Mrbigman1(m): 2:10pm On Feb 24, 2015
papaejima1:

They will have to like it by force!
When Egypt and Nigeria as well as other countries mobilize against ISIS with the Russians and Chinese in tow, America will be left with no other choice than to fall in line.

This is exactly what they have started doing now that the Nigerian military is having the upper hand against Boko Haram. Suddenly they now come to Chad to train them and rush weapons to Cameroun to fight BH just so they can share in the glory of defeating Boko Haram.

Bros, America must like it weda or wedan't!

On the other hand, dnt u think that involving the Russians and the Israelis in fighting terror might be a waste of time? They can be ur ally but in fighting terror, I dnt buy that. If war is over, who will buy their weapon?
Chinese would be a good idea cos dey dnt depend solely of sale of weapon to survive.

anyhow it turns out to be, I just wish AU can stand on it feet to make its decisions someday.

Wish AU can be more influential and dreaded as a union rather thank just having a silent group.
Thanks
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by sCun: 2:11pm On Feb 24, 2015
major466:

The fact that IS is not an immediate thread to Nigeria doesn't mean we should let them to continue wrecking havoc in North Africa. ISIS, just like any terrorist group have agendas to terrorise as much countries as possible to establish their own version of Sharia Law. The earlier Nigeria team up with Egypt and other African countries to stop them from spreading down to Niger Republic, Chad and Mali the better for us. Remember, ISIS have overun much of Iraq and Syria no thanks to the American government.
Why do you Nigerians worship anything foreign? Boko haram is also a terrorist organisation present in 4 African countries. Why is Egypt not fighting them now so that they don't spread through to Egypt?
You are talking about ISIS spreading to Niger and Chad before coming here, but they will need to cover the whole of Libya first! As it is now they only occupy a small part of Libya very far from the bother with Chad and Niger. Boko haram on the other hand, are already present in those 2 countries (Chad and Niger), why is Egypt not fighting them yet?
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by OgologoDimkpa: 2:20pm On Feb 24, 2015
ITbomb:
[size=16pt] GEJ fought Ebola to standstill, Liberia acknowledged and requested for our support

GEJ implemented power reforms , South Africa acknowledged and requested for our support

Now GEJ is fighting Boko Haram to standstill, Egypt has acknowledged and requested for our support

Transparency International has acknowledged the progress made against corruption especially as it has been separated from stealing to make sure those stealing government money are jailed as thieves.

Only APC can't see all these cos they are busy lying and fooling themselves with Oluwole certificates, London interview in Abuja hotel, "I borrowed N27m but my wife donates N135m"

GEJ TILL 2019 n beyond
[/size]
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Jaypea98: 2:21pm On Feb 24, 2015
papaejima1:

Your head dey there my bros
Whats south africa's stand on the issue? They seem to be playing safe,not wanting to get involved in all ths.and i stand to be corrected though.
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by eltalentino(m): 2:22pm On Feb 24, 2015
Tandullceblog:

If I knew what you were talking about; maybe
no way I am saying such here. I have got conscience u know
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by MethodmanWES: 2:23pm On Feb 24, 2015
pls we will support AU forces. but lets remove d dirt from our eyes first.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by ndubueze92(m): 2:23pm On Feb 24, 2015
Tandullceblog:
Please they should leave us out of that fight o. We re still battling BH here and we've not succeeded to take on another.
IsIs has a patrilineal like with BH cannibals I tink an international coalition of African States can provide an ultimate result to this effect! wat do u tink?

1 Like

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by OgologoDimkpa: 2:24pm On Feb 24, 2015
Chukwugekwu:
I'm just tied of all this Muslims. ......no trust.
Honestly Islam is the problem of this world.

Boko Haram= Muslims
ISIS= Muslims

O gini?

Tufiakwa religion ojoo anunwa!!! embarassed

1 Like

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Rexyl(m): 2:25pm On Feb 24, 2015
The world must unite to disband Islamist insurgency which has become serous threat to global peace, political and economic stability. All of us can now see the gravity of Mahuma Ghadafi's message to Nigeria before his demise. By God's grace Nigeria is defeating and will finally defeat and destroy boko haram which is an extension of ISIS jihadists in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Tonylyte(m): 2:27pm On Feb 24, 2015
I am not suprised, the arab nations in africa have always respected nigeria, unlike the ''christian'' nations. Because dem too see our teeth...we don turn mate.
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by ahaz: 2:28pm On Feb 24, 2015
customized13:
MAke them park well abeg, which kind fight be that one.
no mind d idiots.were re they wen buhari and his boys are ravaging our country?or na we send us to chase ghadafi?make dm park well o
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by gabicon: 2:28pm On Feb 24, 2015
Lets look at it from the other side of the coin, it will be an opportunity for our soldiers to be trained in antiterrorism. We might need to also be careful we don't lift the racist embargo that ISIS has for boko haram. We have to weight our options and make a decision.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Truckpusher(m): 2:29pm On Feb 24, 2015
Tandullceblog:

I got your point but you can also agree with me that the best way tackle Islamic insurgency is to ensure that they do not outgrow their initial stage else you'll have a bigger force to contend with though we still do not have what it takes to stop isil in Libya but we can do a lot to ensure that the nations that are facing Isil imminent threat should be able to contain them before they spill out and spiral out of control.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See Buhari's Score's On Buharimeter / Pre-Graduation Dinner Of Ajijola, Ajimobi's Daughter [Photos] / GEJ Says The #bringbackgoodluck2015 Banners Should Be Brought Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.