Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,606 members, 7,816,506 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya (33538 Views)

South Africa's Economy Falls To Third Behind Nigeria, Egypt / 80 Boko Haram Men Join ISIS In Libya ,niger ( Pic) / Buhari rejects proposal for Chad, Niger to head central force against Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Nobody: 1:05pm On Feb 24, 2015
ozoigbondu:
I know we are battling boko haram now but the egyptain is right.ISIS spreads fast like cancer they have infested libya and nigeria is not far behind.Imagine if they over run niger and joins boko haram na gobe be that ooh.

Is better we spare some forces to contain isis in libya before they spill over.If you look at the map you will agree with me that isis is not far from our shores

Last last na to go Madagascar sure pass

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Sidoka: 1:05pm On Feb 24, 2015
Now they call for the black African nations to join them and fight which was the same way our black fathers joined the Arabs to fight the romans and when the succeeded to push the romans out the Arabs that they helped enslaved them and started selling them off as slaves......all the while we had book haram problem they did not offer any assistance, there is a plot to depopulate the third world countries and Africa is the 1st in their evil minds......there is a big problem coming and its a pity our leaders are not wise enough to see this coming,the say 21 Christians were killed to get sympathy for their agenda,Isis and boko haram were all conjoured up by the west,they still want to enslave our dear Africa

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by proffmanue(m): 1:05pm On Feb 24, 2015
ISIS is at Nigeria's backyard while BH is in Nigeria yard(s). If Egypt is Nigeria, which of d two evil wil they attend to?
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by 50calibre(m): 1:07pm On Feb 24, 2015
ozoigbondu:

What will happen when formiable isis teams up with rag tag boko haram Nigeria will be screwed over and over again is better they are confined to libya now am sure we have enough troops to spare

Nope!! Nigeria barely has good defensive capabilities, and totally lacks the projection power to launch a strong offensive against ISIS outside the Nigerian borders.

A country has to access its capabilities before deciding how to respond to a foreign threat. Should Nigeria go up against ISIS, it will the first unaffected country to do so... I don't think you have an idea of what you're talking about.

Many countries close to ISIS controlled areas like Turkey (a very powerful NATO country) Jordan, Iran dread confronting ISIS on the ground, so they use air strikes. These people are not fools

The best Nigeria can do now given its weakness militarily, is to annihilate boko haram quick enough & set up very solid defensive lines (something like a buffer zone) along its borders to protect the country just like others are doing.

This is the only option for Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by ITbomb(m): 1:09pm On Feb 24, 2015
[size=16pt] GEJ fought Ebola to standstill, Liberia acknowledged and requested for our support

GEJ implemented power reforms , South Africa acknowledged and requested for our support

Now GEJ is fighting Boko Haram to standstill, Egypt has acknowledged and requested for our support

Transparency International has acknowledged the progress made against corruption especially as it has been separated from stealing to make sure those stealing government money are jailed as thieves.

Only APC can't see all these cos they are busy lying and fooling themselves with Oluwole certificates, London interview in Abuja hotel, "I borrowed N27m but my wife donates N135m"

GEJ TILL 2019 n beyond
[/size]

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by ozoigbondu: 1:09pm On Feb 24, 2015
50calibre:

Nope!! Nigeria barely has good defensive capabilities, and totally lacks the projection power to launch a strong offensive capable of stopping ISIS outside the Nigerian borders.

A country has to access its capabilities before deciding how to respond to a foreign treat. Should Nigeria go up against ISIS, it will the first unaffected country to do so... I don't think you have an idea of what you're talking about.

Many countries close to ISIS controlled areas like Turkey (a very powerful NATO country) Jordan, Iran dread confronting ISIS on the ground, so they use air strikes. These people are not fools

The best Nigeria can do now given its weakness militarily, is to annihilate boko haram quick enough & set up very solid defensive lines (something like a buffer zone) to protect the country just like others are doing.

This is the only option for Nigeria.

The egyptain called for airstrikes not boots on ground
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Dammyjohn(m): 1:10pm On Feb 24, 2015
Tandullceblog:
Please they should leave us out of that fight o. We re still battling BH here and we've not succeeded to take on another.
You have said it all brother and that is it.
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by papaejima1: 1:10pm On Feb 24, 2015
OmoUSH:

So because China and Russian will support d fight against ISIL, the almighty lord of the entire universe, America, will ''also fall in line"? How old are u anyway? Let little children stay away from international politics.
Bros, you are a learner!
Why is almighty America negotiating a withdrawal from Afghanistan after a decade of flailing in the desert?
Why are they failing in containing them in Iraq and why did the US trained Iraqi Army fall like a sand castle against a band of ISIS fighters?
Why is Almighty America falling into line by negotiating with Iran on their nuclear program and collaborating with them secretly to fight ISIS in Iraq and Syria?

provide answers to those and you would be considered worthy of further response from me. Else, shut it!

3 Likes

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Nobody: 1:11pm On Feb 24, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Okaka27(m): 1:12pm On Feb 24, 2015
Decryptor:

Go and ask your father
lol

u see ur life??

U are ignorant, senseless and think like a 7yr old.

U are one of dose pple dat put sentiments over the betterment of Nigeria.I knew u were one of those senselss TANoids.

#APC
#Change
#SaiBuhari/Osibanjo

God Punish u and Jonathan
God Bless Nigeria
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by knowledge4(m): 1:12pm On Feb 24, 2015
The AU is there to form a continental army to tackle both B.H & ISIS.
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by ozoigbondu: 1:12pm On Feb 24, 2015
sCun:

Shut up! ISIS only controls a small city in Libya close to the Egyptian border, Boko haram controls an area the size of Belgium in Nigeria and are also active in cameroon, chad and Niger.
ISIS is child's play compared to boko haram.

When they come knocking on our borders i will laugh and say i told you so before fleeing to madagascar

1 Like

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 24, 2015
I'm just tied of all this Muslims. ......no trust.

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by cooljude(m): 1:13pm On Feb 24, 2015
signz:
Abeg we still have a war in our hands now. Make we tidy boko finish first before going after their master.

Augustine of beegeagle suggested that Nigeria should either have mine fields in all border towns in the northern part of Nigeria, dig trenches or build high walls. I think that's what we should do immediately this war is over. Also we should continue arming ourselves like the Algerian's are currently doing. We can do it.

Fighting against ISIS is a no no for me. Let's have minefields in all border towns in Nigeria and let's see how ISIS army will sneak into Nigeria unnoticed without our formidable and we'll armed army/airforce challenging them. angry
LOL. Even though i don't want our troops on the ground in Libya because of the complicated nature of that country. We could support in terms of logistics and finance but your suggestion of mining and digging trench on our Northern border is a military blonder. It would make your troop fixed and slow in case of a fast attack. This is the tatics France used during world war2 and we know how the german defeated them in less than 3 month.
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by idu1(m): 1:15pm On Feb 24, 2015
50calibre:
This Egyptian ambassador must be anti-Nigerian for wanting the ill-trained & ill-equipped Nigerian militia to go make themselves slaughter lambs for ISIS.

How can a militia so incapable of defeating a rag-tag outfit like boko haram face a far more formidable force like ISIS.

Except anyone wants to see the severed head of Nigerian soldiers hanging on spikes, this suggestion is dead on arrival, no Nigerian soldier is stup*d enough to embark on this suicide mission.
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by lonelydora: 1:16pm On Feb 24, 2015
We have not finished crawling, they want us to start running. If Nigeria tries it then I have no option than to relocate to somewhere, because it will be bloody.
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by calabaman(m): 1:16pm On Feb 24, 2015
Tandullceblog:
Please they should leave us out of that fight o. We re still battling BH here and we've not succeeded to take on another.

nice Blog.
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Decryptor(m): 1:16pm On Feb 24, 2015
Okaka27:
lol

u see ur life??

U are ignorant, senseless and think like a 7yr old.

U are one of dose pple dat put sentiments over the betterment of Nigeria.I knew u were one of those senselss TANoids.

#APC
#Change
#SaiBuhari/Osibanjo

God Punish u and Jonathan
God Bless Nigeria

I have marked your name on Nairaland...we'll see how you'll talk after April 28th..make sure you don't delete your account out of frustration and shame by then.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by 50calibre(m): 1:17pm On Feb 24, 2015
ozoigbondu:

The egyptain called for airstrikes not boots on ground

Oh that's fair enough!! However, I'm still skeptical about Nigeria getting involved in air strikes.

Why hasn't Nigeria utilised these air strikes against boko haram?

Air strikes are really not that easy as it sounds, the major task is identifying targets, who's going to do this?

Then with a well armed group like ISIS, there's the threat of anti-aircraft guns, missiles... What's the most powerful jet Nigeria had in its fleet? ISIS will pick them off the sky like birds (bear in mind Libya is loaded with heavy arms left over from Ghadaffi era, arms supplied to them by the west)

Do you recall what happened to the Jordanian fighter pilot who crashed in ISIS controlled territory?

1 Like

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by ehis05(m): 1:17pm On Feb 24, 2015
Not when BH ar still killing our citizens inside our own country....victory against Bokoharam only den we can consider dis dere talk
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Okaka27(m): 1:20pm On Feb 24, 2015
Decryptor:

I have marked your name on Nairaland...we'll see how you'll talk after April 28th..make sure you don't delete your account out of frustration and shame by then.
u garrit wink
Decryptor:

u garrit
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by vedaxcool(m): 1:21pm On Feb 24, 2015
visalo:

You are not far from terrorist's member. Security security should close on you

After they watch u for inbreed foolery
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by major466(m): 1:21pm On Feb 24, 2015
I think it's a good idea that Nigeria and Egypt spearhead the fight against ISIS in Libya considering the fact that both Nations have experience dealing with terrorist groups. These wealth of experience will come in handy as we join hands to fight IS. Nigeria may not land in ground troops immediately but we can help in the area of intelligence and funding.
Nigerians need to understand that fighting terrorism is not a one country affair. It's a fight for all nations.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by ozoigbondu: 1:22pm On Feb 24, 2015
50calibre:

Oh that's fair enough!! However, I'm still skeptical about Nigeria getting involved in air strikes.

Why hasn't Nigeria utilised these air strikes against boko haram?

Air strikes are really not that easy as it sounds, the major task is identifying targets, who's going to do this?

Then with a well armed group like ISIS, there's the threat of anti-aircraft guns, missiles... What's the most powerful jet Nigeria had in its fleet? ISIS will pick them off the sky like birds (bear in mind Libya is loaded with heavy arms left over from Ghadaffi era, arms supplied to them by the west)

Do you recall what happened to the Jordanian fighter pilot who crashed in ISIS controlled territory?

Poor boy at least it jerked turkey to life as for isis it does no necessary have to be air strikes nigeria can help in many ways like providing logistics finance and even morale support but we should not sit back and wait for isis to knock on our doors before we do something

1 Like

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 24, 2015
If we decline this rqst now, it might get to Nigeria and our involvement as well will cause an offensive attempt on IS which will prompt their angers but the question is, can this government handle such situations, av we defended our dear country enough
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Masterclass32: 1:26pm On Feb 24, 2015
This is an inconsiderate request from the egyptian. Nigeria is finding it difficult to contain the BH boys with our ill-equipped military and hes requesting that we come over and fight isis. can our military afford to be so stretched, fighting two wars on two fronts? Who provides the funds to procure the arms needed, and other logistics?

Forget the big brother role, is Nigeria the only country in Africa? Why not involve south africa, ghana or any other norht african country? what about AU? America nko? Or are they no longer the world police?

We should keep tabs on libya alright. But to go getting involved, especially at a time like this?, I think its a tall order.

Charity, for Gods sake, begins at home.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by say4gunit(m): 1:27pm On Feb 24, 2015
Nigeria never finish with boko haram and dem wan make we go find ISIS trouble. Abeg!

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by OmoUSH(m): 1:27pm On Feb 24, 2015
papaejima1:

Bros, you are a learner!
Why is almighty America negotiating a withdrawal from Afghanistan after a decade of flailing in the desert?
Why are they failing in containing them in Iraq and why did the US trained Iraqi Army fall like a sand castle against a band of ISIS fighters?
Why is Almighty America falling into line by negotiating with Iran on their nuclear program and collaborating with them secretly to fight ISIS in Iraq and Syria?

provide answers to those and you would be considered worthy of further response from me. Else, shut it!
Kid!
The great United States fought and won both world wars in planetary history.

I ain't replying u anymore.

Go and play kid!
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by daddynasa: 1:30pm On Feb 24, 2015
IbnSultaan:
. Pal. It is important we stop the enemy before it gets to us. Infact we help create ISIS in libya along side NATO by voting yes for nato air raids against Ghaddafi
ISIS is a serious threat to us and the stability of Africa. it is already clear that libyan weapons are in hands of BH
AU should rise. SouthAfrica and egypt have good air fire power
Nigeria along side kenya can help with ground troops to contain the threat
u make brain. Infact take 1 orijin. Despite BH those guys still believe us. Corruption and selfish interest dey delay our destiny o
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Lanceslot(m): 1:30pm On Feb 24, 2015
Mr Ambassador should understand that we have BH on our neck. You don't chase rat while your house is on fire.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by sellydion: 1:32pm On Feb 24, 2015
Well , I feel it is the beginning of the End. War every where. If we all keep quite ISIS will take over Africa in some decades to come.
Re: Egypt Calls For A Nigeria-Egypt Led Force Against ISIS In Libya by Nobody: 1:32pm On Feb 24, 2015
Na to start building underground escape route be if we engage in fight of IS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Three Soldiers Killed By Militants In Foropa, Southern Ijaw, Bayelsa / 'El-Rufai Demolished My Restaurant Because My Husband Is PDP Kaduna Spokesman' / Afolabi Akanni Receives Heroic Welcome As He Arrives Ado-ekiti. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.