Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord (42747 Views)

El-zakzaky: Falana Writes Buhari, Threatens To Sue AGF, DSS Boss / Buhari Threatens Justice Binta To Jail Kanu / Buhari Threatens Niger Delta Militants, Says Defeating Them Won’t Be Tough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord by fydence: 10:29pm On Feb 25, 2015
StunningCEO:
d APC have been too timid n respectful in dis campaign. attacks on his family, death threats call for response. Jonagoat must stop or we will stop him howeva becums necessary. ffk, fayose, okupe ve bin gettin away wit murda. very good statement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord by barryotus: 10:30pm On Feb 25, 2015
Buhari should go and sleep

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord by PenSniper: 10:30pm On Feb 25, 2015
mikeansy:
Buhari clearly mis-understands the essence of the peace accord!

It is NOT immunity from criticism or public scrutiny which is the hallmark of democracy.

It is a peace accord and only there to prevent violence.

Politicians are still expected to defend their records!

There, you just put it right for them but will the nitwits in APC accept the truth? Democracy is not for morbid and incorrigible dictators like Buhari.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord by doctokwus: 10:30pm On Feb 25, 2015
For a man that has his kind of cult following to ever tolerated up to this level is deserving of high accolades. He has been hounded,his family attacked, death wishes thrown at him and even some thugs have vowed to resist all attempts to make him get sworn in if elected.
Fayose has been hounding him.All what he is saying is that let elections hold and Nigerians decide,is it too much to ask for?
APC has chosen its candidate, even if wheel chair bound,its for Nigerians to reject such a candidate and not that of PDP or any agency of it.
The line has been drawn and followers of buhari have been sensitized.The opposition can criticise him if they want,based on policies, past records,but any attempt to incite hate wud be met in equal fold and any attempt to scuttle elections wud be catastrophic for all involved.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord by knightsTempler: 10:30pm On Feb 25, 2015
midolian:

"when flies dey disturb madman, pple no go complain that time. But wen madman begin dey kill those flies, pple go dey say madman wicked"

A perfect understanding of the level of your gullibility will make me break this down a little, as follows:

Flies - Fayose n co

Madman - Buhari n co

I hope you don't get a hard time understanding this..

Dude, check your post calmly for substance.
I'm sure that even if you spend the next two years searching, you will find exactly none.

Last bullet - Dumb analogy.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord by teejah03(m): 10:31pm On Feb 25, 2015
midolian:

"when flies dey disturb madman, pple no go complain that time. But wen madman begin dey kill those flies, pple go dey say madman wicked"

A perfect understanding of the level of your gullibility will make me break this down a little, as follows:

Flies - Fayose n co

Madman - Buhari n co

I hope you don't get a hard time understanding this..

So u av sai it all...

Wat exactly r u insinuating..

Cause ur parable dey baseless..sorry though

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord by femliany(m): 10:32pm On Feb 25, 2015
midolian:
I can't help but to totally agree with you.
seconded
Re: Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord by Reference(m): 10:32pm On Feb 25, 2015
United4lyf:
of all the insults,I don't think anyone has ever wished gej or his wife death before. There should be a limit.

If there is anything I have spoken extensively on Nairaland this is it. That the PDP had become too docile in power and the APC too brash, too confident in opposition.

Why is it that Nigerians never like a balance. Why can't we ever see the big picture. Why do we want a competition of only one contestant. Why. How many times was Lai Mohammed warned against the very things been complained about.

I said it then that the APC was schooling the PDP on just how dirty politics could be. Is this graduation a surprise.

13 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord by kpolli(m): 10:32pm On Feb 25, 2015
So because he can not sustain insults that every other presidential candidate has had he is threatening not to maintain peace post election and his supporters are encouraging this?

Now I know Pro-Buhari supporters are brainwashed....

Go and kill your fellow man because he didn't win!!!

And then tell me the difference between you and Boko Haram

19 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord by fydence: 10:32pm On Feb 25, 2015
atlwireles:
This is the dictator APC wanted to sell to Nigerians. Sorry Buhari, it's called a democratic vetting process. You cannot do anything to stop or change it.

For APC to even suggest pulling out of the peace accord, shows how pretentious and fake the whole Buhari and APC parade has become .
This is the true buhari... An Unrepentant Dictator... Mark my words NaIrALAND will be shut down if this man gets into power. Rubbish!!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord by papaejima1: 10:34pm On Feb 25, 2015
omenka:
Over the past couple of months, Buhari has proven himself to be a man of immense tolerance, class, wisdom and self control. He has taken all the insults in his stride and acted above board and with unparalleled maturity. Compare that with the utterances coming from PDP, their supporters and their media houses.

There is a supposed peace accord signed by both parties yet the president's renegade wife herself admonished PDP supporters stoned anyone they find shouting "Change"!!

I'm keeping very close tabs on events and taking notes. A time will come, by God's grace after the General must have been sworn in, when PDP will be made to swallow the bitter pills they've been forcing down the throats of the opposition. I hope they choke on their own saliva and drop dead when they try to complain.

Goodluck Hitler Ebele Amin Jonathan will wind up worse then Gbagbo.
Goodluck Jonathan has taken yours for four years now without batting an eyelid.

Why is Buhari crying over a one-month course?
Reminds one of a frustrated child who is out yabbed by his peers and the tantrums he throws.

Buha baba, sorry ooo
Bear am you hear?

18 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord by Solozzo(m): 10:34pm On Feb 25, 2015
Thanks for the post. I suggest Buhari should sue Fayose and co for libel and defamation of character. He should also take a restraining order from the courts against Fayose's misbehaviours. That would shut up his dirty mouth.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord by Jsaviour(f): 10:34pm On Feb 25, 2015
why is he annoyed now whereas they hb been d ones calling Jonathan all sort of names. anyway i still maintain that BUHARI CANNOT SURVIVE OR FUNCTION IN A DEMOCRATIC ERA, INFACT HE DOESN'T EVEN UNDERSTAND IT'S MEANING. Anyway i pity apc that have been tarnishing Jonathan's image ever only for them to start crying at just few words. THEY R YET TO SEE MORE COS THIS IS DEMOCRACY

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord by steve6: 10:35pm On Feb 25, 2015
omenka:
Over the past couple of months, Buhari has proven himself to be a man of immense tolerance, class, wisdom and self control. He has taken all the insults in his stride and acted above board and with unparalleled maturity. Compare that with the utterances coming from PDP, their supporters and their media houses.

There is a supposed peace accord signed by both parties yet the president's renegade wife herself admonished PDP supporters stoned anyone they find shouting "Change"!!

I'm keeping very close tabs on events and taking notes. A time will come, by God's grace after the General must have been sworn in, when PDP will be made to swallow the bitter pills they've been forcing down the throats of the opposition. I hope they choke on their own saliva and drop dead when they try to complain.

Goodluck Hitler Ebele Amin Jonathan will wind up worse then Gbagbo.

I couldn't agree less. 6 weeks is almost upon us so let's all maintain our peace. Change is on the way !
Re: Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord by lastpage: 10:35pm On Feb 25, 2015
mikeansy:
Buhari clearly mis-understands the essence of the peace accord!

It is NOT immunity from criticism or public scrutiny which is the hallmark of democracy.

It is a peace accord and only there to prevent violence.

Politicians are still expected to defend their records!

..and do you not know that certain statements are known to fern the embers of violence?

Criticsm = Good
Public Scrutiny = Good

Advertising the death of a Presidential Candidate, by a sitting Governor like Fayose = Evil.

Do you see the difference now?

It is NOT the Peace Accord that prevents Violence, .... it is the "Action and Utterances" of the leadership;

And in this Jonathan has failed miserably.

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord by delors(m): 10:35pm On Feb 25, 2015
studio14:
I have never admired GEJ nor any of his policies but on this one GMB is wrong totally wrong in Democratic setting everyone says what he want to say, Obama is called monkey etc so if he cannot take it he should back down
Obama is called monkey but was Obama at any point in time threatened with deaths and death wish? Who would pay a national newspaper to publish such ad without being tried for hate, libel and the likes? Fayose is a brainless fat head.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord by Bobandgreat: 10:35pm On Feb 25, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]
icebeatz:
THE IGNORANCE I AM READING HERE MAKES ME SAD

PART OF THE PEACE ACCORD AGREEMENT WAS TO "DESIST FROM PERSONAL INSULTS AND INFLAMMATORY STATEMENTS"

pdp has violated that severally.
I am a politically neutral person but buhari is right on this one.

LOOK AT ALL THE PERSONAL ATTACKS AND INSULTS COMING FROM JONA'S CAMP.
That is a breach of agreement.

You are an illiterate like Buhari. The only difference between you and him is that he is stack and u are semi. Oh! i forgot, he is also a terrorist, sick and hopeless.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord by ideology(m): 10:37pm On Feb 25, 2015
felifeli:

Tell Abokee to tell Amechi 0r whtever his name to stop insulting GEJ and PDP
You are mentioning Amaechi only

Even Fashola calls GEJ clueless, there is no APC campaign ground you won't hear Otuoke.

which thread in politics section won't you see someone type "clueless"
How many times have GEJ'S convoy been stoned in the North or his banners destroyed.

Leave these desperate housewives of Tinubu.

APC is trying to divert us from the lies that have been revealed lately.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord by poiZon: 10:37pm On Feb 25, 2015
[quote author=iwaeda post=31084088][/quote]

IS this guy not aware that buhari is ill?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord by Jarus(m): 10:38pm On Feb 25, 2015
Pamcrest:
For sure, I abhor death wish on another human being......that's unhealthy politicking, But in Nigeria, throwing insults at d opposition is rampart in both PDP n APC. It's bad, no doubt, but that's our way here. People, myself inclusive, call GEJ clueless, drunkard, inept so if u can dish it, u should be able to take it too! But no death wish pls!
My humble submission

There is a difference between what the regular Joe on the Social Media says and what a presidential aide says.

Have you seen Buhari or his aides use gutter language on GEJ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord by thaoriginator: 10:38pm On Feb 25, 2015
GEJ na mumu
Re: Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord by frainc(m): 10:38pm On Feb 25, 2015
StunningCEO:
d APC have been too timid n respectful in dis campaign. attacks on his family, death threats call for response. Jonagoat must stop or we will stop him howeva becums necessary. ffk, fayose, okupe ve bin gettin away wit murda. very good statement.
Can you see how sensless you are
You are accusing jonathan aids for abusing buhari, and here you are calling the the president "jonagoat"

Now tell me
Who is more stupid
You or buhari?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord by Reference(m): 10:39pm On Feb 25, 2015
doctokwus:
For a man that has his kind of cult following to ever tolerated up to this level is deserving of high accolades. He has been hounded,his family attacked, death wishes thrown at him and even some thugs have vowed to resist all attempts to make him get sworn in if elected.
Fayose has been hounding him.All what he is saying is that let elections hold and Nigerians decide,is it too much to ask for?
APC has chosen its candidate, even if wheel chair bound,its for Nigerians to reject such a candidate and not that of PDP or any agency of it.
The line has been drawn and followers of buhari have been sensitized.The opposition can criticise him if they want,based on policies, past records,but any attempt to incite hate wud be met in equal fold and any attempt to scuttle elections wud be catastrophic for all involved.

And what did the opposition say about the late Yaradua, his health, the government and the PDP. Why are they suddenly falling apart. Go check the archives man. These things did not start today. You're only shocked at the hate because it is coming your way. Kindly step out of the mud, be objective, elevate your thinking and the hurt goes away. It is what your party has planted. Amaechi alone has said and done worse than Fayose. Did you complain. Be honest.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord by visalo: 10:39pm On Feb 25, 2015
prettyboi1:
Buhari has shown a lot of tolerance from all the orchestrated drama and personal insults president Jonathan and his aides and PDP have been deploying and that further shows him as a great man. He should keep up with being calm, a new beginning would start on the 28the day of March 2015 and he would be our new president. Amen.

#BuhariOsinbajo2015.

God Bless Nigeria. Amen.

Hypocrite. By their foot we shall know them. The only set of people who can vote for this known terrorist's, are men of dogs and baboons. Buhari is a terrorist's. Apc is a terrorist's party

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord by Bobandgreat: 10:40pm On Feb 25, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]
doctokwus:

It is too much to ask for. He is an illiterate, a terrorist, sick, a pedophile, a liar, a killer, corrupt and senile. Why should we allow him to contest?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord by jorlons(m): 10:40pm On Feb 25, 2015
studio14:
I have never admired GEJ nor any of his policies but on this one GMB is wrong totally wrong in Democratic setting everyone says what he want to say, Obama is called monkey etc so if he cannot take it he should back down

How can they constantly attack his person. The attack GEJ has received from the APC camp is strictly based on his administration, why then should they continue to harass his person to the extent of stalking the man. Na wa O. calling him a dictator and digging up his past wasn't enough they still have to harass the man and his family.
Re: Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord by knightsTempler: 10:41pm On Feb 25, 2015
The many contradictions of Buhari .
- He will fight corruption but Tinubu is his friend.
- He will give us security but he was pushed out of office like a chicken by his subordinates.
- He is honest but lies about his qualification.
- He has no N 27 million to buy presidential nomination form but the wife has N 135 million worth of drugs to donate.
- He is poor but all his children schools abroad.
- He will fight terrorism but sees others fight against terrorism as anti-north.
- He will help the youth but is never known to have helped a single almajiri even in Daura.
- He will fix the economy but has not even basic rudiment of economics.
- He will fix education but is unschooled himself.
- He wants to benefit from democracy but overthrew a democratic government.
- He obtained school certificate but cannot produce "the certificate".
May God protect us from this hypocrite.
Above all, he is a half star general who built his entire military career on fraud, falsehood and kwaruption! Tufiakwa....

14 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord by midolian(m): 10:41pm On Feb 25, 2015
knightsTempler:

Dude, check your post calmly for substance.
I'm sure that even if you spend the next two years searching, you will find exactly none.

Last bullet - Dumb analogy.

it would have shocked me if you understood my analogy. Dumb as always
Re: Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord by Vado(m): 10:42pm On Feb 25, 2015
The office and person of GEJ and Patience have been highly smeared, debased & disrespected over the years now, both online by the el rufais, ogundamisi, omojuwa & replicated offline by APC goons but no one started throwing threats around because of that.
This statement from buhari is self-destructive. Un-decided voters are getting a clearer picture these past few days.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord by Decryptor(m): 10:43pm On Feb 25, 2015
And what will happen if the insults don't stop? See old scare-crow jihadist threatening fire and brimstone...let him try any nonsense and see if one of those armored tanks GEJ bought won't be used on that his sick head!

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord by edogirl2: 10:44pm On Feb 25, 2015
This statement was issued by the Director, Media, Information Management Directorate of his Support Organization, otherwise called, BSO, Dr. Chidi Maduekwe.

So this report is not even from APC's campaign team. Who is this Dr Maduekwe.

There is zero evidence that PDP machinations are gaining any traction on the streets, so why call a press conference threatening to withdraw from a peace accord. This only lends credence to PDP's propaganda that Mr Buhari is a violent man. This sort of press conference is exactly what PDP wants.

APC needs to take full control of Mr Buhari's publicity machine and not allow fringe organisations that are susceptible to PDP bribery to issue any statement or hold any press statement claiming to speak for Mr Buhari. All media matters must be centralised and go through a single verified APC channel.

It is possible that this Dr Maduekwe is under PDP influence. Dont laugh! PDP are spending shed load of money and are ready to buy anybody.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord by Nobody: 10:45pm On Feb 25, 2015
lastpage:

..and do you not know that certain statements are known to fern the embers of violence?

Criticsm = Good
Public Scrutiny = Good

Advertising the death of a Presidential Candidate, by a sitting Governor like Fayose = Evil.

Do you see the difference now?

It is NOT the Peace Accord that prevents Violence, .... it is the "Action and Utterances" of the leadership;

And in this Jonathan has failed miserably.

Lastpage!

that's a pure lie . . .what prevents violence are the choices we make in the face of criticism. Some Nigerians must learn to show restrain and tolerate others in the face of criticisms for this is what civility is all about and that's exactly what the President does.

Fayose did not wish Buhari death nor advertise his death. The latter can not be further from the truth as you can not advertise the death of someone alive!. He rather warned of the risk and a potential death which for all intents and purpose is a potential consequence of ill-health. The Nigerian constitution frowns against ill-health of Nigerian Presidential candidates and it is fair game to scrutinise this too.

It may be very harsh politics but the rules are the rules. If Buhari does not want his health scrutinised then he should quit!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Buhari Endorses Dapo Abiodun As Ogun Governor, Amosun's Thugs Kick / Maupe Ogun Debunks Claims That Kadaria Ahmed Is No More A Muslim / Mu’azu’s Resignation, Good For PDP – Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.