Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,450 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) (47000 Views)

If You Didn't Do These As A Child, Then Your Childhood Wasn't Awesome(pictures). / Which Of This Is Your Childhood Games (photos) / 15 Funny Childhood Nostalgic Photos That Will Make You Feel Old. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) by RICHOLAC(m): 12:35pm On Feb 27, 2015
Wow! omg! this means i really had an awesome childhood experience. But OP you forgot to put Super Mario.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) by Eureka123(f): 12:37pm On Feb 27, 2015
Haywhymido:
all of una don dey shout, i remember trashing my frd, no one as come out to say dem trash am, na wa o. well, me na d paper type i played. Dat u will use pen case to blow d ball.

grin grin I played the one with button and pen caps, then the players were drawn on a paper with the goal posts. It could be folded anytime. Very portable! I played those other ones too. My love for football was certainly not a journey of today. smiley
Re: If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) by kingstan14: 12:40pm On Feb 27, 2015
Good old days...i love the 7up bottle cork den because of its green color so i use them as the Nigerian team. So if our boys cant win the world cup on the real pitch,i make them win it in my canter game...hahahahahahaha
Re: If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) by Haywhymido(m): 12:44pm On Feb 27, 2015
Eureka123:

grin grin I played the one with button and pen caps, then the players were drawn on a paper with the goal posts. It could be folded anytime. Very portable! I played those other ones too. My love for football was certainly not a journey of today. smiley
sure played it too.dat is play without d ball falling into d opponent player's square hole,once it falls dere den it's d opponent turn to play. Ladies in d house do u people played it too
Re: If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) by Luizkid(m): 12:45pm On Feb 27, 2015
Dannidom:
Chai omo, i cud rememba vividly those days, i knew every tactics, skils, (my team's) players. Their pictures we pasted on the back of our bottle corks that was when i fel in luv with man united, rooney and beckam wore my captain band each tongue

anyways i had my own share of defeat buh defeating me was like wining a trophy
did u say Rooney
Oga check the game in the pix again
Re: If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) by oluromeo(m): 12:47pm On Feb 27, 2015
Hahahaha, heck yeah... played the hell outta it... LOL...

thanks @OP for the memory lane
Re: If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) by udy4real(m): 12:52pm On Feb 27, 2015
Yeah,I did
Re: If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) by Ibime(m): 12:53pm On Feb 27, 2015
o42austino:
I Remember in Late 80s and early 90s,U cant even Score me because my Goal keeper was so Big that u will not see space to secore me.

Hehehehehehe

My popsie had a machine lathe at his workshop.

I got his machinist to cut me a solid block of steel as my goalkeeper. Those shots that carry the goalkeeper enter post would not move him.

My two center backs were bottle water tops cos they were taller for stopping freekicks in my wall.

All my other players are fitted with a paper cover which I will colour in my favourite team colours (usually Super Eagles), then I will squeeze floor tiles into the counter so that my players are not knocked over easily.

Omo, I've played hours and hours of this game. Good days.

1 Like

Re: If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) by xynerise: 12:55pm On Feb 27, 2015
grin grin....The captain band is the rubber-like object under the crown cork.
Re: If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) by aikhimself: 12:57pm On Feb 27, 2015
I played it. It was awesome and my team was called Abiola Babes. I won my brothers several times to win the league
Re: If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) by Olammy76(m): 12:58pm On Feb 27, 2015
greatdeal1408:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

i remembered ... chai!!!
i used to beat my friends like ..... Monaco beat Arsenal cool
bro u wan make arsenal fan dey tink wetin don go? dats lalastical
Re: If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) by Tsanyawa: 1:04pm On Feb 27, 2015
I played it with ROBB balm cover

very interesting.
Re: If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) by peteofi(m): 1:08pm On Feb 27, 2015
I was street champion for 2 years. Awesome years.
Re: If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) by joeace2020(m): 1:10pm On Feb 27, 2015
ohh Canters!!! The good old and fun days gone with the wind. I remember we use to wrap the corks with paper and crest the names and numbers of players of that time on them with the captain wearing the arm band made from the inside material of the cork.

1 Like

Re: If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) by dolphinheart(m): 1:14pm On Feb 27, 2015
EggovinMma:
Lol

My dear, this one no sweet na.Na to cut small copper from clothe hangershangers.Bend it to make the U shape. With your hands, stretch the rubber band with the bent copper, aim at that RED NECK and FIREEEEE! !! Don't forget to cover one of ya eye so you can see the target correctly, as them lay down for wall dey do press up with that ugly neck moving like 404'S on heat.

But e, if by mistake na for own body the thing land cry cry cry.Na dat time you go remember say your mama dey find you since morning.

If that thing hit you ehn! , you'll not be able to make a sound for the first 10 seconds cus ull be too confused . You just hold the spot, run and shout later. Some bad boys role the copper with paper to cover up the bullet.

The bad side if you misfire and the bullet hits ur finger. Game over

1 Like

Re: If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) by EOOJ(m): 1:16pm On Feb 27, 2015
EroticAngelina:
I never played that.

U a lady naaa...na baby una suppose play
Re: If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) by vislabraye(m): 1:19pm On Feb 27, 2015
okooloyun1:
Good old days. I was so addicted to it, there was this fat woman she had a lot of men who visited her she won't just allow us to play d game coz our playing ground was at d back of her one room apartment window, once we started playing d game she would come and pursue us claiming we are disturbing her sleep or her visitors.
once she left we would go back to d place and she will come out again, when she get frustrated she will starts shouting "there is no good kid in dis community"

Una wan spoil her runs ? Bad children undecided
Re: If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) by jpphilips(m): 1:19pm On Feb 27, 2015
Your pitch is not standard, your goal post is indoor post, could ave been the hanger sponge combo, your markings aint paint, your players cant score indirect freekicks, where are their goddamn boots? no referee, is that a button ball or the cassette spool? no player markings? we played better, good freaking old days. who else remembered the Atari?
Re: If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) by 9iceClick: 1:20pm On Feb 27, 2015
chimoskyg:
I won trophies sef
not only u. i remembered playing this wonderful game in the early 90s [1994-1995)
I won throphies made with "kpali", tin-milk-can & cigar foil grin grin grin
oh Lord! wish u can bring back the 90s embarassed
Re: If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) by barnabas91: 1:22pm On Feb 27, 2015
Iamsynord:
lol..Played it like...
We use to use The round stuff in the Music cassette as ball
Coke cap- Arsenal
Gold Spot,Limca,7up bottle
baba e be like say na me and u dey play am. Back den, we will go out in search of canter. Hit d head, use d inside to round it, write numbers of their head. Mehn, i love dos days. I dont even know what d children of nowadays will gist their kids what dey are enjoying now.

1 Like

Re: If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) by DaBullIT(m): 1:25pm On Feb 27, 2015
EroticAngelina:
I never played that.

Strictly Boyz only girls play ten ten clapping and jumping instead
Re: If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) by Emaprince: 1:26pm On Feb 27, 2015
Ibime:

Hehehehehehe

My popsie had a machine lathe at his workshop.

I got his machinist to cut me a solid block of steel as my goalkeeper. Those shots that carry the goalkeeper enter post would not move him.

My two center backs were bottle water tops cos they were taller for stopping freekicks in my wall.

All my other players are fitted with a paper cover which I will colour in my favourite team colours (usually Super Eagles), then I will squeeze floor tiles into the counter so that my players are not knocked over easily.

Omo, I've played hours and hours of this game. Good days.
hehehe ..dam.n!! I feel nostalgic right now.
Re: If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) by habiolah(m): 1:29pm On Feb 27, 2015
there was this guy we used to call India. That was when the rumor about their 99 goals to Nigeria's 1 was rife. The guy used to trash everyone. But whenever hid 'indian' team is not available, my team Brazil usually wins the competition.
Interesting times.
Re: If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) by Jasperwhizz(m): 1:36pm On Feb 27, 2015
Jerrygotswagg:
This was one of my best game I love playing whenever I come back from school... I love this game so much. How many of you played this game while you were young if you didn't I guess you didn't have enough fun in childhood days ...
i could remember one of my players then 'Sharktar Donetsk' (i lost it in d farm) mehn i love d game o. I would like to be humble if not i would say...
Re: If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) by dolphinheart(m): 1:38pm On Feb 27, 2015
9iceClick:

not only u. i remembered playing this wonderful game in the early 90s [1994-1995)
I won throphies made with "kpali", tin-milk-can & cigar foil grin grin grin
oh Lord! wish u can bring back the 90s embarassed

Those days where the best. Rich kids where always envious of poor street guys and the bonds that developed due to table soccer.

2 Likes

Re: If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) by Beedude(m): 1:40pm On Feb 27, 2015
Infact... I remember giving my crowns names like Rivaldo ,r.Carlos , Roque jnr , Emerson and odas .. Playstation 1990s version grin
Re: If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) by malonephill(m): 1:42pm On Feb 27, 2015
I watched my mate played it, but didn't
Re: If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) by Haqq4young(m): 1:43pm On Feb 27, 2015
Dat game sweet pas sex. .if u didn't u miss alot
Re: If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) by fecosequence(m): 1:44pm On Feb 27, 2015
hop candle wax dy undr the players if nt op u no try sef
Re: If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) by Eberex(m): 1:48pm On Feb 27, 2015
FINALLY A THREAD WHERE ONLY GUYS CAN COMMENT. MAKE I SEE ANY GAL WEY WAN TALK SAY SHE PLAY AM....... angry
Re: If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) by Pdizzle(m): 1:51pm On Feb 27, 2015
chimoskyg:
I won trophies sef
Re: If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) by our9ja: 1:53pm On Feb 27, 2015
I remember this game more also this is not my goal keeper ..there is this goal keeper we construct with both head and leg to stand and arms as well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? / See The 'Weird' Cake A Woman Gave Her Husband / You Can’t Have Your Husband Alone -three Women Tell Housewife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.