Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Twitter Meter Analysis: PDP, 1.87% National Penetration And APC, 16.18%(PICS) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter Meter Analysis: PDP, 1.87% National Penetration And APC, 16.18%(PICS) (27611 Views)

The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 / Buhari’s Victory Would Have Failed Forensic Analysis – PDP / PDP: 17 States, APC: 16 States, Swing: 4 States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Meter Analysis: PDP, 1.87% National Penetration And APC, 16.18%(PICS) by haulagehandlers(m): 11:43am On Feb 28, 2015
scantee:

You deserve 9 digits credit alert. help me tell them.

How many guys for Alaba Mrkt have such time for tweeter talk more of the farmers.

Even me that is an IT Prof visits tweeter twice in 2 months.

APC drives encouragement base on what they see on social media. forgetting that large percentage of the eligible voters does not even know social media exist.

GEJ till.........2019+
I beg to disagree with you assertion that majority of the voters does not know about the social media,it shows that you do not move around much in Nigeria. I travel every other week and I go to remote areas in naija,it would astound you to note that peeps in this areas (especially the youth) are well aware of social media and they use it. What with internet availability on most phone this days,there is hardly a phone above 5k now that is not internet compatible. As I type this am on the road to ilela in Sokoto state and believe me the place be like say I dey go heaven.
Lastly I don't believe you visit social media once a month,it may interest you to know that NL keeps a tab on hours you spend here so its easy to bust that claim of yours by just simply looking up your profile. Abeg talk anoda tin

1 Like

Re: Twitter Meter Analysis: PDP, 1.87% National Penetration And APC, 16.18%(PICS) by maestroferddi: 11:45am On Feb 28, 2015
butanep:
Where is the grassroot... Even the grassroot need change... they re tired of being grass... they need change to become tall tress.

Like if you need change and share if you need transformation...
You were chasing grasshoppers and praying mantis when others were learning basic biology.

You forgot that without the grasses to prop up the food chain, that the irokos, the eucalyptuses and their likes would wither away due to lack of nutrients.
Re: Twitter Meter Analysis: PDP, 1.87% National Penetration And APC, 16.18%(PICS) by butanep(m): 12:03pm On Feb 28, 2015
maestroferddi:
You were chasing grasshoppers and praying mantis when others were learning basic biology.

You forgot that without the grasses to prop up the food chain, that the irokos, the eucalyptuses and their likes would wither away due to lack of nutrients.
Grass, trees( tall or short) are all part of the producer in the food chain...
Re: Twitter Meter Analysis: PDP, 1.87% National Penetration And APC, 16.18%(PICS) by saudatu(m): 12:06pm On Feb 28, 2015
lyntiffany:
twitter ko twitter ni, the market women, the farmers, commercial drivers dey twitter bah?APC I go clear una for eyes for march 28 when Gej go dey win on ground una go dey busy with online pool and pls don't forget to tell jega to buy I-pad to calculate your foolish online pool.
Gej till infinity.

You are very daft. Those people you mentioned (farmer, com. driver, market women etc) are all yening for change.
Re: Twitter Meter Analysis: PDP, 1.87% National Penetration And APC, 16.18%(PICS) by Nobody: 12:07pm On Feb 28, 2015
lyntiffany:
were you in Japan during obasanjo's tenure? I guess it was free of corruption and much employment. I wonder why some people have decided to turn gej in to a magician. If your jobless is not gej's fault .
When he knew he wasn't a magician, why did he contest and make things worse? BTW,he's been paid and fed like a magician and he must perform or resign. Imagine a feeding budget running into billions and 11 presidential jets; and Ure saying he's not a magician.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Meter Analysis: PDP, 1.87% National Penetration And APC, 16.18%(PICS) by bayulll01(m): 12:08pm On Feb 28, 2015
freeboy604:
I'm 95% sure Jonathan will Win, and prove to you that your analysis is nothing before our ancestors.
gej cannot win free and fair election,we all know that,that's why he shifted the election,so don't be sentimental

1 Like

Re: Twitter Meter Analysis: PDP, 1.87% National Penetration And APC, 16.18%(PICS) by lyntiffany(f): 12:12pm On Feb 28, 2015
saudatu:

You are very daft. Those people you mentioned (farmer, com. driver, market women etc) are all yening for change.
your dafter than I think, you are in your mushroom house to know that they are yearning for change.Numb skull
Re: Twitter Meter Analysis: PDP, 1.87% National Penetration And APC, 16.18%(PICS) by dking123: 12:22pm On Feb 28, 2015
spott:

Nobody is saying you can win election on Twitter, you can get Nigerians thoughts and opinions on issues with it. So from the analysis I can see there, Nigerians are fed up with PDP/GEJ administration with their photoshop transformations, Nigerians want change simple.
Its the work of APC propaganda mechinery. the situation on ground is different. APC is not the change we want.
Re: Twitter Meter Analysis: PDP, 1.87% National Penetration And APC, 16.18%(PICS) by philips70(m): 12:23pm On Feb 28, 2015
maestroferddi:
Elections are won at the grassroots and that is where the PDP are masters of the game.

[b]This was absolutely correct when RIGGING was the veritable tool parties use in winning elections. As we speak that tool is about being rendered useless with the introduction of PVC and card readers. If PDP knew the APC will gain this acceptance as at when Jega was mooting this idea they would have nipped it in the bud. They actually relied on Okuigbe's prediction APC will implode and vanish into the air before 2015. Unfortunately, the reverse became the case and have resolved to all sorts of shenanigans to reverse the trend. It's becoming too late as we all can see.
When I hear you guys say elections are not won on Twitter I shudder at your ignorance as if these Twitter people are not part of the society. Everyone on Twitter comes from a home, a community, a state and an integral part of the society. They have friends, family and colleagues at work place. What most people echo on Twitter are the voices of people around them at these places mentioned. The PDP as a party know this very well that's why Jonathan have just employed another social media giant Mr Asika Obi to complement the works of Reno Omokri, Okuigbe, FFK which seems not to be enough on social media. Am afraid to say this move is a tad too late as most people have made up their minds where they want to go in the next elections. It's a close call as am not saying it's a jolly ride for the APC but the tides greatly favours them unless the PDP pulls their usual I don't give a damn ways and remove Jega plus do away with the PVC's and card readers. Until then it's a waiting game.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Twitter Meter Analysis: PDP, 1.87% National Penetration And APC, 16.18%(PICS) by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:23pm On Feb 28, 2015
Horllamideh:

Elections are not won on social media but online poll is a function of what the public want.....It reflects the choice of the masses,with all the social media successes GMB is enjoying right now,i will not be suprised if he win the election.
Not in a society like Nigeria. There is a complete disconnect between views held by people who are politically and economically conscious and those who are not. Unfortunately, the later are in the majority.

Secondly, money is the number one factor that wins election in Nigeria. The common man in Nigeria views all politicians as the same, they see them as people who will only look after themselves once they get into office riding on their votes, so they are more interested in what they can get from you before casting their vote than what you can deliver when you get into office. The same people you see chanting change at campaign rallies will be the same people that will collect 5kg of rice with 2,000 naira for condiments on election day and thumbprint as required.
Re: Twitter Meter Analysis: PDP, 1.87% National Penetration And APC, 16.18%(PICS) by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:27pm On Feb 28, 2015
haulagehandlers:
majority of the social media users are the youth,and its on record that a very large percentage of our country's population is made up of the youth. While this does not translate to an outright victory for GMB atleast you would agree that its a frightening statistics for the PDP and the incumnbent hence the smear and hate campaing to discredit the person of GMB.

How many people within the age of 18 to 30 do you see standing in queues to vote on election day?Trust me, most of the youths active on social media won't turn up on election day and that is after discounting the number who do not have PVCs and those in the diaspora.
Re: Twitter Meter Analysis: PDP, 1.87% National Penetration And APC, 16.18%(PICS) by haulagehandlers(m): 12:30pm On Feb 28, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

How many people within the age of 18 to 30 do you see standing in queues to vote on election day?Trust me, most of the youths active on social media won't turn up on election day and that is after discounting the number who do not have PVCs and those in the diaspora.
. You would be pleasantly surprised on 28 of march.
Re: Twitter Meter Analysis: PDP, 1.87% National Penetration And APC, 16.18%(PICS) by IYANGBALI: 12:32pm On Feb 28, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Come March 28, you'll realize that elections are not won on social media.
but won through rigging abi?we know una plan now. We are ready for una
Re: Twitter Meter Analysis: PDP, 1.87% National Penetration And APC, 16.18%(PICS) by benzion72(m): 12:35pm On Feb 28, 2015
PDP/GEJ should be ready for a plea bargain and go and sin no more
Re: Twitter Meter Analysis: PDP, 1.87% National Penetration And APC, 16.18%(PICS) by mandax: 12:36pm On Feb 28, 2015
spott:
Upon N21B PDP has.... FKK, Fayose, Reno are just wasting their energy instead they are making Buhari more popular.

APC don't need to be shouting every time, the Nigeria masses are doing the campaign for them.

#CHANGEMUSTCOME
#SAIBUHARI
#SAIOSINBAJO

*modified
APC has the best team ever in Nigeria Elections, GEJ should sack all his clueless social media team asap.... oo I forgot d Oga is clueless too hahaha grin

PDP keep showing us corel drawn/photoshoped so called transformation.

You are celebrating win from an election not yet conducted. Lol!! You shall be dazed when it dawns on you that Buhari did not become president of Nigeria. Bigots itching to impose a hardly literate man to rule Nigeria with all sorts of educated persons.
Re: Twitter Meter Analysis: PDP, 1.87% National Penetration And APC, 16.18%(PICS) by eleko1: 12:39pm On Feb 28, 2015
grin grin grin grin cheesy Wicked! Can't stp laffing.
spott:
Upon N21B PDP has.... FKK, Fayose, Reno are just wasting their energy instead they are making Buhari more popular.

APC don't need to be shouting every time, the Nigeria masses are doing the campaign for them.

#CHANGEMUSTCOME
#SAIBUHARI
#SAIOSINBAJO

*modified
APC has the best team ever in Nigeria Elections, GEJ should sack all his clueless social media team asap.... oo I forgot d Oga is clueless too hahaha grin

grin grin
Re: Twitter Meter Analysis: PDP, 1.87% National Penetration And APC, 16.18%(PICS) by maestroferddi: 12:51pm On Feb 28, 2015
philips70:

[b]This was absolutely correct when RIGGING was the veritable tool parties use in winning elections. As we speak that tool is about being rendered useless with the introduction of PVC and card readers. If PDP knew the APC will gain this acceptance as at when Jega was mooting this idea they would have nipped it in the bud. They actually relied on Okuigbe's prediction APC will implode and vanish into the air before 2015. Unfortunately, the reverse became the case and have resolved to all sorts of shenanigans to reverse the trend. It's becoming too late as we all can see.
When I hear you guys say elections are not won on Twitter I shudder at your ignorance as if these Twitter people are not part of the society. Everyone on Twitter comes from a home, a community, a state and an integral part of the society. They have friends, family and colleagues at work place. What most people echo on Twitter are the voices of people around them at these places mentioned. The PDP as a party know this very well that's why Jonathan have just employed another social media giant Mr Asika Obi to complement the works of Reno Omokri, Okuigbe, FFK which seems not to be enough on social media. Am afraid to say this move is a tad too late as most people have made up their minds where they want to go in the next elections. It's a close call as am not saying it's a jolly ride for the APC but the tides greatly favours them unless the PDP pulls their usual I don't give a damn ways and remove Jega plus do away with the PVC's and card readers. Until then it's a waiting game.[/b]
Well I will not want to engage you in a long-winded/verbose assertions.

Since I, like most people who have a leaning for the PDP, depict better predilection to intellectual and factual postulations, I will be as brief as need be:

- The PDP has a robust presence on social
media.

- The PDP would rather put in the
requisite shift necessary to touch base
with the electorates than contract.
media and PR mercenaries to sponsor
spurious statistics, forecasts and
surveys geared towards assuaging a
capricious whim.

- The PDP refuse to tread the road of
infamy being followed by APC in that
multiple accounts get created to give a
semblance of pseudo-popularity.

- The PDP have made by far fewer
retractions vis-a-vis APC. The APC is
grievously saddled with an identity
crisis occasioned by having their
propaganda continually getting
debunked.

Need I say more?...
Re: Twitter Meter Analysis: PDP, 1.87% National Penetration And APC, 16.18%(PICS) by fboycaestro(m): 12:54pm On Feb 28, 2015
lyntiffany:
hope you gonna mention me on that day? cheesy

sure why not

1 Like

Re: Twitter Meter Analysis: PDP, 1.87% National Penetration And APC, 16.18%(PICS) by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 28, 2015
While pdp keep promoting propaganda and fooling themselves instead of campaiGning,buhari remain focused cos he is ready for business and not irrelevances...it shows how irresponsible this present administration is,no focus,no. Aim,no. Motive,no achievements...I mean. How can all their campaigning be based. On tarnishing a single man's aspiration? Isn't that senseless?
spott:

#CHANGEMUSTCOME
#SAIBUHARI
#SAIOSINBAJO

*modified

Re: Twitter Meter Analysis: PDP, 1.87% National Penetration And APC, 16.18%(PICS) by lyntiffany(f): 12:56pm On Feb 28, 2015
fboycaestro:

sure why not
grin
Re: Twitter Meter Analysis: PDP, 1.87% National Penetration And APC, 16.18%(PICS) by Laid2001: 1:02pm On Feb 28, 2015
GEJ have realized how important the social media is and he has even appointed a Senior Special Assistant on Social Media Even though he has Omokri before then as Special Assistant on same issue.!

Sunnybobo3:

Re: Twitter Meter Analysis: PDP, 1.87% National Penetration And APC, 16.18%(PICS) by Laid2001: 1:03pm On Feb 28, 2015
2011, GEJ won hands down on social media, Facebook, twitter etc, and that translated to his winning on the election day!

maestroferddi:
Elections are won at the grassroots and that is where the PDP are masters of the game.

Re: Twitter Meter Analysis: PDP, 1.87% National Penetration And APC, 16.18%(PICS) by Abagworo(m): 1:10pm On Feb 28, 2015
This simply means that enlightened Nigerians support Buhari by a far majority. The battle is now for the soul of the uninformed and lower strata of the society.
Re: Twitter Meter Analysis: PDP, 1.87% National Penetration And APC, 16.18%(PICS) by mahkanjuh: 1:15pm On Feb 28, 2015
say amen let me hear

Re: Twitter Meter Analysis: PDP, 1.87% National Penetration And APC, 16.18%(PICS) by Viktor1983(m): 1:27pm On Feb 28, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Re: Twitter Meter Analysis: PDP, 1.87% National Penetration And APC, 16.18%(PICS) by WisdomFlakes: 1:31pm On Feb 28, 2015
Anyone who dismises those metrics does so at his own peril. Truth is, this election will be different in all ramifications and social media impact will play its part. So much so that even GEJ is taking note considering that he recently created a Cabinet level position and special office -- that of a Senior Special Adviser on Social Media, and appointed Obi Asika to the position.
Re: Twitter Meter Analysis: PDP, 1.87% National Penetration And APC, 16.18%(PICS) by kelztheimpaler(m): 1:41pm On Feb 28, 2015
freeboy604:
I'm 95% sure Jonathan will Win, and prove to you that your analysis is nothing before our ancestors.

Oga if you say that you are 95%sure that Gej will win, what happened to the remaining 5% ........
#justsaying !!!
Re: Twitter Meter Analysis: PDP, 1.87% National Penetration And APC, 16.18%(PICS) by Horllamideh(m): 1:44pm On Feb 28, 2015
Sunnybobo3:
Not in a society like Nigeria. There is a complete disconnect between views held by people who are politically and economically conscious and those who are not. Unfortunately, the later are in the majority.

Secondly, money is the number one factor that wins election in Nigeria. The common man in Nigeria views all politicians as the same, they see them as people who will only look after themselves once they get into office riding on their votes, so they are more interested in what they can get from you before casting their vote than what you can deliver when you get into office. The same people you see chanting change at campaign rallies will be the same people that will collect 5kg of rice with 2,000 naira for condiments on election day and thumbprint as required.
Just go and google out how the Hausas diss Awolowo for Shehu Shagari during the 1979 election,Awolowo imported hundreds of Volkswagen bettle car and distributed 80% of it to people in the North with a promise that they will help convince people in the north to vote for him....It turns out people he gave the car to also vote for their tribeman,Sheu Shagari. Jonathan's case will be the same too....They will collect his money and vote Buhari instead.
Re: Twitter Meter Analysis: PDP, 1.87% National Penetration And APC, 16.18%(PICS) by Oiselenjakhian(m): 1:48pm On Feb 28, 2015
Hello I am a web developer. My personal website is [url]trustondevcenary.com[/url] please visit my site and get in touch with me if you want a website.

In addition [url]afrogearclothing.com[/url] is a website that I designed for a client. Please visit it and subscribe by email to receive updates when we launch.
Re: Twitter Meter Analysis: PDP, 1.87% National Penetration And APC, 16.18%(PICS) by Toktee(m): 1:56pm On Feb 28, 2015
macpetrus:

Seconded... You can't win election on Twitter!!!
you mean to said,those on tweeter don't have pvcs?
Re: Twitter Meter Analysis: PDP, 1.87% National Penetration And APC, 16.18%(PICS) by scantee(m): 2:04pm On Feb 28, 2015
haulagehandlers:
I beg to disagree with you assertion that majority of the voters does not know about the social media,it shows that you do not move around much in Nigeria. I travel every other week and I go to remote areas in naija,it would astound you to note that peeps in this areas (especially the youth) are well aware of social media and they use it. What with internet availability on most phone this days,there is hardly a phone above 5k now that is not internet compatible. As I type this am on the road to ilela in Sokoto state and believe me the place be like say I dey go heaven.
Lastly I don't believe you visit social media once a month,it may interest you to know that NL keeps a tab on hours you spend here so its easy to bust that claim of yours by just simply looking up your profile. Abeg talk anoda tin

Mr know it all read through my comment well, i said i hardly visit tweeter not fb or other social media, don't forget that the Op said tweeter meter analysis not general social media analysis, i am always online 24/7 but hardly visit tweeter except i want to read update from FCB.

most of the people you claim to be on social media how many of them tweets? so called phone above 5k how many of them have tweeter application?

yes i you might be right that many peeps are now on social media, but my analysis is mostly base on the OP which says tweeter no otherwise.

you can do yourself good by carrying out a research on the street, out of every ten (10) people you see 7 is likely to be facebook users or other social media platform, while you cant get up to three among them using tweeter.

no argument here bro, lets be sincere, have a wonderful day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos Of President Buhari With His Daughter And Grandchildren / Militants Blow Up 2 More Oil Facilities In Delta / Army Sets Up Cattle Ranch In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.