Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,368 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story (26905 Views)

Share The Most Hilarious Questions Your Child Has Ever Asked U. / Wives Kindly Share The Weird Stuffs You Do For Your Man Out Of Love. / Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Safari29: 4:36pm On Mar 11, 2015
karma exist only in movies. i stole from my mumsys pot, does that means my kid will steal from my pot too undecided
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 11, 2015
html14java:
Any revenge I ignore for a wrong done to me always fires back to my prosecutor. But if I damn go for revenge, I will lose enough and yet, unsatisfied.
.KARMA IS REAL.

What a sensible comment!

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by otemanuduno: 4:36pm On Mar 11, 2015
I don't believe in karma here on earth;maybe karma works only after death. If there is karma, IBB, Shehu Shagari and their likes would not have outlived Gani Fawehinmi, Dora Akunyili, Branama Queen and the likes...

Anyway, I will partially believe Karma if GEJ loses his second-term bid to GMB sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by hungryboy(m): 4:37pm On Mar 11, 2015
there are many who do good to others but never got a reward of their good deeds till death,
the are many bad guys out there who live their lives comfortably till death,
To me karma is a lottery, many get away with doing bad things and few got paid back

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by scobaba: 4:37pm On Mar 11, 2015
Olutola88:
lmao! Your tori sweet pass somtn wey I no wan mention. Fascinating story and also sounds very real. I dey always dey stingy with likes for Nairaland but ur Tori turn me to like philanthropist

grin grin grin bros i hail.

no stingy with LIKES ooooo, make karma no visit u when u drop one post wey hot for your mind but u come pray for LIKES, e no come. wink

3 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 11, 2015
Yes, l believe in seedtime and harvest time, sowing and reaping, l believe in the law of retributive justice, l also believe in mercy and grace....but how it plays out depends on several factors, maybe some of our good deeds cancels the way we receive our karma...... cool
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Horlawoomey(m): 4:37pm On Mar 11, 2015
I think that Karma is jungle justice, why is it that mostly innocent people suffer for someone else's sin in name of Karma.... Just look at the story of the Mother InLaw whose daughter suffered for the sin she knows nothing about......

I believe nothing like Karma exist, I believe in God though and also believe that all your deeds are somewhere waiting for you to be paid back in folds.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by otemanuduno: 4:39pm On Mar 11, 2015
Safari29:
karma exist only in movies. i stole from my mumsys pot, does that means my kid will steal from my pot too undecided

That will only happen if you end up raising an 'ajepako' family. Karma ko, kamali ni undecided
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Setaje(f): 4:40pm On Mar 11, 2015
Beamborla:
I believe in karma. I think it's God's way of bringing us back to our senses.
If you do smth wrong and you see the karma quick enough, lucky you. A father would only rebuke the child he loves and does not want to perish.

As for those we feel should be serving serious punishment but are walking around freely, all I have to say is the devil has a way of keeping one from realizing he or she is heading for destruction until it's too late and to deceive others into destruction.

I also believe God keep sparing them because he wants them to repent of their unruly behavior.

Infact thumbs up for you. That is what the devil uses to lure more people into destruction. Believing that after all other evil doers are doing well.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Kingsasian(m): 4:41pm On Mar 11, 2015
Them plenty
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Nobody: 4:41pm On Mar 11, 2015
You do not have to believe in karma for it to work. You dont have to believe in gravity, but when you jump, you must come down, except in cases of rockets that goes beyond escape velocity. Humans can have their karma shifted to another lifetime. Karma and reincarnation are natural truths that are outside the borders of common religions but are truer hard truths.

What you sow, you reap. Either now, or certainly later. Who ever waves your sins, carries it upon himself eg Jesus Christ.

if you support anyone to go against laws of nature, you share his repercussions, its called the law of interference. Allow people to carry their crosses.

In doing charity, help people pass through their experiences, do not interfere.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Kingsasian(m): 4:44pm On Mar 11, 2015
html14java:
Any revenge I ignore for a wrong done to me always fires back to my prosecutor. But if I damn go for revenge, I will lose enough and yet, unsatisfied.
.KARMA IS REAL.
nice one
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Nyckeh: 4:45pm On Mar 11, 2015
This happened to a course mate of mine while in sch. She has a best friend dt accommodated her wen her parent couldn't raise money for her, d friend even feed and support her in some other ways but she paid her back by trying to snatch her fiance. She even went to the extent of going to the guy's house, strip herself naked jst for the guy to sleep with her but they guy threw her out of d house(this happened jst a month to d guy's wedding o). She then went about telling evry1 in d class that her friend snatched her bf cos d guy met her first.
3years later ds same girl met a guy and got married but wen karma will deal with her....she discovered that one of her bridesmaid is having an affair with her husband and wen she confront her husband, he gave her options of leaving if she's fed up with d marriage. Ds is a marriage of less dan a year o, she has been running helter skelter on how to win her husband back

4 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by otemanuduno: 4:45pm On Mar 11, 2015
steppin:
Karma is as real as Tinubu becoming the president of Nigeria.
If karma truly exists, then I must say it's selective.
Our politicians should be first on karma list, but I don't see anything happening to them.
Infact, they live a peaceful and long life, more than most people.

You're speaking my mind jare. If karma is real, GEJ would go blind for the billions of naira he has stolen and that cleaner in the airport will become a first lady for giving back the 12 million naira she saw, while Patience Ebele....

...will lose 50 pounds of weight for feeding with money she has looted grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Olutola88(m): 4:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
scobaba:

grin grin grin bros i hail.

no stingy with LIKES ooooo, make karma no visit u when u drop one post wey hot for your mind but u come pray for LIKES, e no come. wink
lmao! But wait, where dis Karma dey live? Na Nigerian abi na Chinese? Shey e dey collect bribe?

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 11, 2015
Olutola88:
This is one thing I'm always very scared of... Mocking people because I'm just lucky to enjoy HIS grace. I always believe such mockery could render me a nobody
trust me..I learnt my lesson
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by otemanuduno: 4:47pm On Mar 11, 2015
Billyonaire:
You do not have to believe in karma for it to work. You dont have to believe in gravity, but when you jump, you must come down, except in cases of rockets that goes beyond escape velocity. Humans can have their karma shifted to another lifetime. Karma and reincarnation are natural truths that are outside the borders of common religions but are truer hard truths.

What you sow, you reap. Either now, or certainly later. Who ever waves your sins, carries it upon himself eg Jesus Christ.

if you support anyone to go against laws of nature, you share his repercussions, its called the law of interference. Allow people to carry their crosses.

In doing charity, help people pass through their experiences, do not interfere.

Karma must be a very great sinner for transferring the aggression of today to the innocent generations.

I HATE KARMA!
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Agrika: 4:50pm On Mar 11, 2015
Safari29:
Wait nd see na...na d whole pot him go thief sef tongue
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Kingsasian(m): 4:50pm On Mar 11, 2015
chaircover:

There may be some truth in that, however I am not convinced
God is a good, merciful, loving and very forgiving God.
I dont beleive that I can serve Him with all my heart and He will watch me suffer for the sins of great great grandparents that I never even met.

Christianity came to our forefathers not long ago and before then they had their traditional gods that they worshipped. If one was to look at that, all of us would have been doomed. Some families still have deitys that the old people in their village worship even up until now, but we are free in Christ.
yes God is a merciful God,,,,, agreed but remember Apostle Paul in the bible and his acts when he was Saul.
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 11, 2015
otemanuduno:

Karma must be a very great sinner for transferring the aggression of today to the innocent generations.

I HATE KARMA!
Karma doesnt transfer aggression to a neutral person. The people in the new generation might actually be incarnates of the people in the past but with different physical bodies at rebirth. The cycle of birth and rebirth explains entirety of karma. Sins of parents are not transferable to the kids, that's a false doctrine, except in cases where the kids were participatory in the karmic actions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Drdreluv: 4:53pm On Mar 11, 2015
so true
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by booz(m): 4:54pm On Mar 11, 2015
Babymama1:
My husband says as a Christian ,I shouldn't believe in what people call karma but I have seen this happen over and over again,people reap what they sow. Find me another word to call it. You can't sow coco yam and expect to go and harvest gboko yams

Too many examples I have seen but two stand out to me

One

I know a man and his wife who were close friends with this other couple we know. The two men had been childhood friends in Nigeria,emigrated to the the USA and remained tight friends ,both men married and their wives also became good friends.Eventually one of the couples divorced over the wife's infidelity.The other couple betrayed this man by remaining friends with that wife accompanying her to pack her stuff from her matrimonial home and giving her emotional support in the courtroom during the divorce.
We were so saddened to hear all this ,my husband expressed to the disloyal friend that he didn't act right and when the betrayed man told us about his divorce and his wife's infidelity in tears ,what hurt him most was the actions of his best friend and his wife.

A decade later ,that second couple were at the verge of divorce and one day it hit me,this was karma about to happen. I asked my husband to call this guy and ask him to go beg his former friend for his role a decade ago,my husband didn't want to be involved ,well they divorced and the man suffered worse fate.He ended up homeless and penniless and squatting with someone when the wife kicked him out and filed for divorce with a restraining order.

Two

A second case that stands out to me is an overbearing mother in law that treated her daughter in law so badly because she took a while to get pregnant and when the DIL eventually got pregnant she had a still birth and her mother- in-law told her the marriage was over.she went from that hospital back to her parent's house and the man married another wife at the command of his mom.

The MIL's only daughter was young when all this happened. She eventually grew up to be a very beautiful girl with suitors swarming.

She married the first husband and her MIL hated her with a perfect hatred.She couldn't conceive and the treatment got worse. She was eventually thrown out of her matrimonial home literally.i heard she threw out her belongings on the street and locked the door, she married the second husband ,an older man and he got sick a few years later and died .The girl had no child till this day.

It was just a few weeks ago it hit me and I told my husband,this is karma

Her daughter was treated the same exact way she treated someone's daughter ,perhaps worse.

Do you believe in karma?
Share your karma stories

It's not Karma, don't be deceived by those names. It's all in the Bible. Right from Genesis where God said '...seed time and harvest time will not cease...' so tell me, where was Karma when God made this pronouncement?
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by ghogz(f): 4:56pm On Mar 11, 2015
urchbarbie:
I believe dis Karma stuff happens. I knw of a woman, who got prgnant for a man against her fathers warnings. The man I tink caused her sha. Yrs later, her 1st dota got pregnant outside wedlock, d 2nd dota left home doing n leaving d same kind of life, her last dota got pregnant too. All pregnancies occured around d same age of their mum. If it isn't Karma, maybe dis one na d cause
dats no curse,just an evil family pattern
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Oseni007(m): 5:05pm On Mar 11, 2015
Karma is a bitch bu[color=#000099][/color]t make sure the bitch is beautiful
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Kingsasian(m): 5:05pm On Mar 11, 2015
Kizmarty:

Nairabetters and merrybetters na only one match dey tear slip grin
I've resign oo...I play tire,no meaningful win.
LWKMD
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Chadso(m): 5:18pm On Mar 11, 2015
Nursecaleb:
Yes,it is true,there was dis time @ome when my mum was preparing beans,nd i like beans like GEJ,so he called me to cum nd pick fud 4 me nd my bro,d same plate o,omo,i weigh am,one weigh dan d oda,on d dinning table,i was waiting 4 my bro to cum,wen i cudnt c im,i changed it,then we prayed,i didnt close my eye tho,afraid of if any1 wil change it,we kept eating,bt my mum has a behaviour,plantain,kponmo,fish,meat,pork,egg nd al oda supplement,she use to say they are all protein whether u eat any of them,i was having a teeth problem by then,i didnt knw i had scoop d beans with d minced thick osogbo kponmo,omo d tin no funny o,i nau hav 31 teeths.
31 TEETHS??
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by SpencerLewis(m): 5:20pm On Mar 11, 2015
Babymama1:

The first is karma for sure
The same heartbreak the friend he betrayed had,came upon him
How can a friend's wife be sleeping around on her husband and the friend sides with the wife rather than be there for a man he had known for decades?
When his own divorce occurred,it was devastating,He is still not over it till this day,his kids don't even want to see him unlike the situation of his friends.

Share any example you know sha
Babymama1 karma really exist and is only the ignorant/?may be the uninitiated will deny this spiritual/mystical truth. In science it can be equated to Sir Isaac Newton's 3rd law of motion: action & reaction are equal are opposition, or to every action, there is an equal & opposite reaction. Religion called it reaping what u sow. Universally, known as law of retributive justice.
Karma is not a punishment, but a corrective measure for our self development and spiritual growth toward s perfection. This brings the question often asked by seekers of knowledge; WHY ARE WE HERE ON PLANET EARTH? Karma could be good or bad depending on d individual. If u do good u reap good karma and vice versa. That is why it is good to continue to do good no matter the circumstance. In the Christian holy book, Jesus The Christ gave a perfect example when He admonished us to turn the other cheek when slapped.
No one escapes karma. Karma can't be discussed without the controversial topic of reincarnation. U can reap what u sowed in ur last life in this present one.
Have u ever wondered why individuals are born and brought up under same circumstance, but one excels in everything, while d other does not despite his effort. It also accounts why individuals with collective karma will be in the same place during natural and man made disasters and still some will 'miraculously' escaped.
As for ur examples, they could be karma, but not necessary due to the present events they were paying for. It could be from they previous incarnation. Cosmic forces must bring them together so that that particular karmic debt can be paid.
Remember, when Obafemi Awolowo was about to pass thru transition to experience the greatest initiation of his life(which the uninitiated calls death), he said he will continue to serve humanity even after 'death'. He must have been talking about karma.
To this i put my name SpencerLewis.........

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by yungzeed(m): 5:26pm On Mar 11, 2015
Tallesty1:
If karma is real then why do bad things happen to good people?

I believe there is a mighty connection between all people, I also believe that being in harmony inside and with family and society installs a well being that radiate to enlighten the world.

But Karma? No.

Sometimes the people that are supposed to be karma's perpetual prisoner go scotfree and the good ones end up suffering.
oga... There is always reward 4 watever u do b it good or bad. K?
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by haryomikun(m): 5:32pm On Mar 11, 2015
AdeniyiA:
For all the singles nd married sleeping around, the law of karma says That your children will do worse and the trend would continue in the family.
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeew! What is this one saying
Don't feel resentful (and killjoy-able grin) because a girl has never agreed to let you have her punny joor undecided
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by SpencerLewis(m): 5:33pm On Mar 11, 2015
Tallesty1:
If karma is real then why do bad things happen to good people?

I believe there is a mighty connection between all people, I also believe that being in harmony inside and with family and society installs a well being that radiate to enlighten the world.

But Karma? No.

Sometimes the people that are supposed to be karma's perpetual prisoner go scot free and the good ones end up suffering.
Nobody goes free of his karmic death. It MUST be paid, if not now in d next life. Until we accept the basic spiritual truth called REINCARNATION, we will not understand how this things work. It may appeared to u that certain individuals escaped their punishment, but is not so. The good people u mention that are experiencing misfortunes in their present life most like may be paying a certain karmic debt unknown to them. Universal law is no respecter of any person no matter 'close' u may think u are to God. Cosmic laws must be fulfilled. John the baptist was beheaded and we knew he was reincarnation of prophet Elijah. Of course u know how many prophet Elijah killed. Nobody has right to kill anybody no matter circumstances. Until religion bodies especially organized religions like Christianity and Islam accept the obvious truth that was initially in their earlier teachings we will keep beating about the bush.
Perfection to Godhead or Christ consciousness can only come when we have no karmic death just like the great Master Jesus The Christ. But the pleasures and greed of world will always distract us from doing that.
So, Tallesty1 just do good to ur follow man as The Master Jesus admonish us in the Christian holy book(The bible).
Peace Profound to u all.
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by aceswagg: 5:37pm On Mar 11, 2015
The wages of sin is death. All of us experience karma for all of our life's sins by dying. Shikena
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Saved2Serve: 5:37pm On Mar 11, 2015
I think karma is having misplaced priorities. When will that bitchy karma visit our polithiefians? Abi them bribe karma too or this their wickedness no dey surprise mummy karma? Hiaaa!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Husband Doesn't Want Us To Get A House Help / 4 Children Of Same Parents Who Died Same Day Buried In Abia (Pictures) / How Can My Parents Evict My Troublesome Uncles?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.