Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,109 members, 7,825,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story (26956 Views)

Share The Most Hilarious Questions Your Child Has Ever Asked U. / Wives Kindly Share The Weird Stuffs You Do For Your Man Out Of Love. / Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by haryomikun(m): 5:38pm On Mar 11, 2015
urchbarbie:
I believe dis Karma stuff happens. I knw of a woman, who got prgnant for a man against her fathers warnings. The man I tink caused her sha. Yrs later, her 1st dota got pregnant outside wedlock, d 2nd dota left home doing n leaving d same kind of life, her last dota got pregnant too. All pregnancies occured around d same age of their mum. If it isn't Karma, maybe dis one na d cause
Not karma
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by haryomikun(m): 5:38pm On Mar 11, 2015
Ngenge:
I have an aunt that gave birth to a boy out of wedlock. She did not marry the man involved and refuse to marry another man.
The 'boy' is up to 40 years now. He refused to identify with his biological father, got a child out of wedlock and sent away d lady involved. He is almost getting married now but that my aunt is kicking against the union b/c d new lady got pregnant b4 marriage and 'she is not respectful'.
Not karma either
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by haryomikun(m): 5:39pm On Mar 11, 2015
babyosisi:
There is a popular case in old ImO state years ago.a man was killed and his flesh was used to make dried meat sold in a showcase.the defense lawyer succesfully argued to the shock of the town that recovered hand of the murdered man was a monkey's hand and that the meat was bush meat.The killer went free.That lawyer died in a ghastly motor accident shortly after.

Dont we all know bosses and supervisors who wrecked havoc , ended peoples careers and caused gnashing of teeth disgraced out of the job in more humiliating ways?
Not Karma jhooooor!
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by haryomikun(m): 5:41pm On Mar 11, 2015
Nairalanders sef! Dem just like to dey tell us stories dat re not in line with the topic discussed. On the first page av seen at least 3 stories THAT ARE NOT KARMA-RELATEd. They are just stories undecided
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by haryomikun(m): 5:45pm On Mar 11, 2015
Besides, concerning the thread.... There actually is Karam. Forget it.... While I was quoting and posting the 'not karma' stories, a girl stepped on my feet unknowingly. When I finished quoting all, I streched my leg out and uknowingly stepped on her feet too. No kidding
Now I believe there is Karma

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Nobody: 5:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
Even d bible says"Do not b deceived God isn't mocked whatsoever a man soweth he shall surely reap!!!........karma is real!!!!
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by SpencerLewis(m): 5:47pm On Mar 11, 2015
AdeniyiA:
For all the singles nd married sleeping around, the law of karma says That your children will do worse and the trend would continue in the family.
Not necessarily that their children will sleep around like them. The children may have their own karmic debt to pay and not that of their parents. Individual soul animate each being.
There is very good friend and elder distant 'brother' of mine and a very religion man and what Christians called 'born again'. This man honestly never had any relationship b/4 marriage. i don't know if his wife had any b/4 marrying him, But I can vouch for the man. Very nice man and always remind me of d biblical turning of the other cheek when slapped.
Dis man can never retaliate if done wrong. At times, he too much compromising attitude annoy me. He is very comfortable in Nigeria standard. But his 1st child(girl) of 20 yrs and undergraduate abandoned school and moved with her boyfriend. Right now she has a yr+ old son and presently pregnant with another baby for another of his boyfriend. Unknown to the parents this girl has over 17 carryover in her school. She is supposed to be in yr 3, but has not pay school fees of yr 2. The money given to her for school fee is what she uses to sustain her boy friends.
The man keep wandering how such a girl came to her. Physically she is d man carbon copy in facial resemblance. What do u think is the cause of such thing?
Ur guess is as good as mine.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by igweGC(m): 5:54pm On Mar 11, 2015
Babymama1:
My husband says as a Christian ,I shouldn't believe in what people call karma but I have seen this happen over and over again,people reap what they sow. Find me another word to call it. You can't sow coco yam and expect to go and harvest gboko yams

Too many examples I have seen but two stand out to me

One

I know a man and his wife who were close friends with this other couple we know. The two men had been childhood friends in Nigeria,emigrated to the the USA and remained tight friends ,both men married and their wives also became good friends.Eventually one of the couples divorced over the wife's infidelity.The other couple betrayed this man by remaining friends with that wife accompanying her to pack her stuff from her matrimonial home and giving her emotional support in the courtroom during the divorce.
We were so saddened to hear all this ,my husband expressed to the disloyal friend that he didn't act right and when the betrayed man told us about his divorce and his wife's infidelity in tears ,what hurt him most was the actions of his best friend and his wife.

A decade later ,that second couple were at the verge of divorce and one day it hit me,this was karma about to happen. I asked my husband to call this guy and ask him to go beg his former friend for his role a decade ago,my husband didn't want to be involved ,well they divorced and the man suffered worse fate.He ended up homeless and penniless and squatting with someone when the wife kicked him out and filed for divorce with a restraining order.

Two

A second case that stands out to me is an overbearing mother in law that treated her daughter in law so badly because she took a while to get pregnant and when the DIL eventually got pregnant she had a still birth and her mother- in-law told her the marriage was over.she went from that hospital back to her parent's house and the man married another wife at the command of his mom.

The MIL's only daughter was young when all this happened. She eventually grew up to be a very beautiful girl with suitors swarming.

She married the first husband and her MIL hated her with a perfect hatred.She couldn't conceive and the treatment got worse. She was eventually thrown out of her matrimonial home literally.i heard she threw out her belongings on the street and locked the door, she married the second husband ,an older man and he got sick a few years later and died .The girl had no child till this day.

It was just a few weeks ago it hit me and I told my husband,this is karma

Her daughter was treated the same exact way she treated someone's daughter ,perhaps worse.

Do you believe in karma?
Share your karma stories
Karma is real. That's why as a true christian, we are adviced to carry out restitution, past and recent. By that, we'll no longer experience Karma but grace..Karma is being paid in d same evil u deserve, grace is being paid in the good u don't deserve.
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by humilitypays(m): 6:01pm On Mar 11, 2015
chaircover:

There may be some truth in that, however I am not convinced
God is a good, merciful, loving and very forgiving God.
I dont beleive that I can serve Him with all my heart and He will watch me suffer for the sins of great great grandparents that I never even met.

Christianity came to our forefathers not long ago and before then they had their traditional gods that they worshipped. If one was to look at that, all of us would have been doomed. Some families still have deitys that the old people in their village worship even up until now, but we are free in Christ.
I believe you and babyosisi are both right, how?

If the person repents sincerely and give his/her life to Jesus Christ, then he/she can no longer be a partaker of the repercussions of his/her father/forefathers' sins and attrocities, but if the person refuses to accept and clinge to Jesus Christ, then he/she can suffer and partake from the reward of the sins/attrocities of his/her father/forefathers.

The grace of Holy Spirit is only available to those that are in Christ Jesus, and being a Christian who goes to church on Sundays or week days doesn't qualify one as being in Christ Jesus...you need to have a personal relationship with Jehovah through Christ Jesus to qualify for the grace of exemption from the rewards of sins of your father and forefathers.

Nice topic

3 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by profolateju: 6:01pm On Mar 11, 2015
Karma is Certain! What goes around they said comes around. I haven't any personal experience though but a cheating neighbor's experience is worth sharing.
He goes about sleeping with girls of different genre . His act continues for a long time until the day karma caught up with him. He met his wife wife in the Same hotel he brought his mistress to. What interests me in the story is that he caught his wife with the neighbor next door.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by humilitypays(m): 6:06pm On Mar 11, 2015
SpencerLewis:

Not necessarily that their children will sleep around like them. The children may have their own karmic debt to pay and not that of their parents. Individual soul animate each being.
There is very good friend and elder distant 'brother' of mine and a very religion man and what Christians called 'born again'. This man honestly never had any relationship b/4 marriage. i don't know if his wife had any b/4 marrying him, But I can vouch for the man. Very nice man and always remind me of d biblical turning of the other cheek when slapped.
Dis man can never retaliate if done wrong. At times, he too much compromising attitude annoy me. He is very comfortable in Nigeria standard. But his 1st child(girl) of 20 yrs and undergraduate abandoned school and moved with her boyfriend. Right now she has a yr+ old son and presently pregnant with another baby for another of his boyfriend. Unknown to the parents this girl has over 17 carryover in her school. She is supposed to be in yr 3, but has not pay school fees of yr 2. The money given to her for school fee is what she uses to sustain her boy friends.
The man keep wandering how such a girl came to her. Physically she is d man carbon copy in facial resemblance. What do u think is the cause of such thing?
Ur guess is as good as mine.
The life her mother (the man's wife) lived while she was single Hmmm
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Ayomivic(m): 6:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
golor:
Kar what? Abeg there's nothing lyk karma.Karma exist in d mind of pple who believe in it.if karma is real,then it has contradict d world of God.their will b no need for God's judgment,cause we must have payed back each sin we committed through karma.

karma does not contradict the words of God. Maybe you dont understood the words of God you are reading. There is reward for everything we do on earth be it good or evil . The first reword is the one we get when we are stil on earth only God can determine how this would come and that is karma. Nothing stop this reward or punishment even if you have repent and become born again. The only grace you may received is that your punishment may be mininised but surely God would vindicate the reward or punichment upon the person family.
"Jesus said those who kill by sword would die by sword"
the bible also says " tell the good person to continue and for he would have the reward and the evil person that he would take the reward of his evil deed.

It aslo said goodness would follow the good person and evil would follow an evil person
Apostle paul was there when Stephen was stone to death. And apostle Paul said in one of his letter that he surffer pain in his flesh and he had pray that God should take it away but instead God told him that his grace is sufficient for him.

Muslim Prophet Muhammad seven sons died in one day and we were not told why Allah would kill his prophet sons .Was that not karma for the husbands and fathers of another persons he kills
won ni Olorun o muo ,on wehin, o so di oba tin leni koto muni ni? Meaning .They said God would catch you you are looking back,do you think he is God that pursue before he catch person?

The second reward we get is when we die . You are free of this if you repent and forake your sins. But for the karma it has no medicine weither you repent and forsake it or not ,you will taste the work of your hand

" No sinner would go unpunished " that is what Bible says.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by doskie(m): 6:18pm On Mar 11, 2015
I dont believe in karma
rather, I believe in destiny. (al Qadar)
things happen as God determines
a bad event may befall a good person
or a good event may be the lot of a bad person
nobody knows enough of what tomorrow brings
we just hope and pray.
for God controls and changes destinies as HE pleases.
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by menice69: 6:19pm On Mar 11, 2015
Tallesty1:
If karma is real then why do bad things happen to good people?

I believe there is a mighty connection between all people, I also believe that being in harmony inside and with family and society installs a well being that radiate to enlighten the world.

But Karma? No.

Sometimes the people that are supposed to be karma's perpetual prisoner go scotfree and the good ones end up suffering.
*smiles*only if u know about Past life and reincarnation then issue of karma would be complete and u'll understand better
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by twosquare(m): 6:21pm On Mar 11, 2015
Babymama1:
My husband says as a Christian ,I shouldn't believe in what people call karma but I have seen this happen over and over again,people reap what they sow. Find me another word to call it. You can't sow coco yam and expect to go and harvest gboko yams

Too many examples I have seen but two stand out to me

One

I know a man and his wife who were close friends with this other couple we know. The two men had been childhood friends in Nigeria,emigrated to the the USA and remained tight friends ,both men married and their wives also became good friends.Eventually one of the couples divorced over the wife's infidelity.The other couple betrayed this man by remaining friends with that wife accompanying her to pack her stuff from her matrimonial home and giving her emotional support in the courtroom during the divorce.
We were so saddened to hear all this ,my husband expressed to the disloyal friend that he didn't act right and when the betrayed man told us about his divorce and his wife's infidelity in tears ,what hurt him most was the actions of his best friend and his wife.

A decade later ,that second couple were at the verge of divorce and one day it hit me,this was karma about to happen. I asked my husband to call this guy and ask him to go beg his former friend for his role a decade ago,my husband didn't want to be involved ,well they divorced and the man suffered worse fate.He ended up homeless and penniless and squatting with someone when the wife kicked him out and filed for divorce with a restraining order.

Two

A second case that stands out to me is an overbearing mother in law that treated her daughter in law so badly because she took a while to get pregnant and when the DIL eventually got pregnant she had a still birth and her mother- in-law told her the marriage was over.she went from that hospital back to her parent's house and the man married another wife at the command of his mom.

The MIL's only daughter was young when all this happened. She eventually grew up to be a very beautiful girl with suitors swarming.

She married the first husband and her MIL hated her with a perfect hatred.She couldn't conceive and the treatment got worse. She was eventually thrown out of her matrimonial home literally.i heard she threw out her belongings on the street and locked the door, she married the second husband ,an older man and he got sick a few years later and died .The girl had no child till this day.

It was just a few weeks ago it hit me and I told my husband,this is karma

Her daughter was treated the same exact way she treated someone's daughter ,perhaps worse.

Do you believe in karma?
Share your karma stories
Galatians 6:7

Be not deceived; God is not mocked:
for whatsoever a man sows, that shall
he also reap.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by menix(m): 6:27pm On Mar 11, 2015
Karma is one english word dat changes my mood wen its called.

This topic, certainly has spoilt my day buh i blive d luv God has 4 for me will certainly sail mii thro d bit.ch called karma..

Cous d street aint loyal..
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by rukky2000(f): 6:32pm On Mar 11, 2015
Horlawoomey:
I think that Karma is jungle justice, why is it that mostly innocent people suffer for someone else's sin in name of Karma.... Just look at the story of the Mother InLaw whose daughter suffered for the sin she knows nothing about......

I believe nothing like Karma exist, I believe in God though and also believe that all your deeds are somewhere waiting for you to be paid back in folds.
i dont believe in karma too! but sometimes God pays bad deed immediately - when u hurt some1 wrongfully ,

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by hermesprogidy(m): 6:34pm On Mar 11, 2015
The friend was probably a benefactor to the largesse the woman was sharing.
Babymama1:

The first is karma for sure
The same heartbreak the friend he betrayed had,came upon him
How can a friend's wife be sleeping around on her husband and the friend sides with the wife rather than be there for a man he had known for decades?
When his own divorce occurred,it was devastating,He is still not over it till this day,his kids don't even want to see him unlike the situation of his friends.

Share any example you know sha

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by beblessed(f): 6:47pm On Mar 11, 2015
In my jss2 I picked a letter that contained 40 naira. i took the money and used it. this waz 1992. fast forward to 1994, my parents sent me money order of 1000. I received an empty envelope because the money could not be traced. I didnt bother crying because I remembered what happened years back. My seed had grown in abundance. Karma is- what ever you give shall come back to you in good measure, pressed down and running over. You will reap in multiples what you sow. Everyone is presently reaping what they once sowed. Even our over zealous religious people. That is why good happens to bad people and bad to good people. Sometime in our life journey we have sent out the seed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by beblessed(f): 6:48pm On Mar 11, 2015
In my jss2 I picked a letter that contained 40 naira. i took the money and used it. this waz 1992. fast forward to 1994, my parents sent me money order of 1000. I received an empty envelope because the money could not be traced. I didnt bother crying because I remembered what happened years back. My seed had grown in abundance. Karma is- what ever you give shall come back to you in good measure, pressed down and running over. You will reap in multiples what you sow. Everyone is presently reaping what they once sowed. Even our over zealous religious people. That is why good happens to bad people and bad to good people. Sometime in our life journey we have sown

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Tallesty1(m): 6:52pm On Mar 11, 2015
menice69:
*smiles*only if u know about Past life and reincarnation then issue of karma would be complete and u'll understand better
There lies the problem.

I don't belief in reincarnation.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Tallesty1(m): 6:53pm On Mar 11, 2015
SpencerLewis:

Nobody goes free of his karmic death. It MUST be paid, if not now in d next life. Until we accept the basic spiritual truth called REINCARNATION, we will not understand how this things work. It may appeared to u that certain individuals escaped their punishment, but is not so. The good people u mention that are experiencing misfortunes in their present life most like may be paying a certain karmic debt unknown to them. Universal law is no respecter of any person no matter 'close' u may think u are to God. Cosmic laws must be fulfilled. John the baptist was beheaded and we knew he was reincarnation of prophet Elijah. Of course u know how many prophet Elijah killed. Nobody has right to kill anybody no matter circumstances. Until religion bodies especially organized religions like Christianity and Islam accept the obvious truth that was initially in their earlier teachings we will keep beating about the bush.
Perfection to Godhead or Christ consciousness can only come when we have no karmic death just like the great Master Jesus The Christ. But the pleasures and greed of world will always distract us from doing that.
So, Tallesty1 just do good to ur follow man as The Master Jesus admonish us in the Christian holy book(The bible).
Peace Profound to u all.
Now I am confused totally.

Do you belief there is heaven and hell?
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 11, 2015
Yadoctora:
People reap what they sow. For religious reasons, I'd rather not say this is about the law of karma. Many people dont reap what they sow. If they all do, the likes of IbB would be dead. Their Children would not be living in luxury while flaunting it to our faces, etc

Perhaps, God deciding to punish some people earlier as CC said, makes some of these things happen.

The story
A poor family had a property inherited from theie father. They couldn't afford to develop it. They sought an engineer's help. He told them he would develop the property, use it for 30 years and give it to the family. That seemed fair enough to them and they accepted.

Fast forward to 30 years, engineer returned property and family sold it.

Engineer's son had lived abroad for several years. He came home to his Father. He had put all he ever worked for together and has come home to 'settle down'. He has used all he had on a property. His father asked which one and it ended up being the same one leased to father.

Father(engineer) almost ran mad. When he built the property, he bought substandard products that would lose atrenght by the 30th year. He sought to eat his cake and have it but met his doom.

Unfortunately for his son though. But who knows? the ill-gotten wealth must have been used in training him while the poor family waited.

It does pay to be good.

cc babyosisi. story completed 17:57 11/3/2015.

I don't understand your story line¿

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by KALMA1(m): 7:07pm On Mar 11, 2015
If u like believe !if.u like don't.you will pay for all you owe someway or the other.you can not
Repent and expect God to transfer the your punishment to MR B,that's all childs play .christain call it
Temptation time I call it pay back time.there is no free ride in any rhem of the world spiritual or physical
.I have paid a lot of my karma.as long as you breath you reap good or bad karma you have sowed.so stop
Planting bad things because of your own future.
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by sheymoni(m): 7:45pm On Mar 11, 2015
Karma is real my dear let me give you example from the game of football.
Gerrard of liverpool fc denied manchester united the chance to win the league in 2010 when all they needed was a point from liverpool vs chelsea's game but Gerrard set up drogba to score against liverpool . Fast forward to 2014 when liverpool are on course to win their first title in 22 years,it was liverpool vs chelsea again & all liverpool needed was a point but Gerrard slipped at the crucial moment in that game & chelsea won & the dream of winning title disappeared

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by olivegirl(f): 7:52pm On Mar 11, 2015
I mocked my sister for narrying a man living too close to our house like 3minutes drive, mine is 3minutes work then I rememebered the mock the day she called me to say congratulation

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by TeeboyATS: 8:03pm On Mar 11, 2015
i don't believe in it. if exist what is happening to book haram ppl.
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by fairygeh(f): 8:07pm On Mar 11, 2015
Olutola88:
lmao! What did that Player do to you ma? You might not need 2 wait for Karma cos Karma is always too busy. Give me his address and d rest is history... *winks*
Infact,its unheard of.I wish I have the power to harm him physically or even spiritually but how I wish I had that guts,i only prayed to God and cried my heart out and pray for karma. funny enough you guys are namesakes.is that you shocked shocked
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by urchbarbie(f): 8:11pm On Mar 11, 2015
True! Na d curse
ghogz:
dats no curse,just an evil family pattern
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Olutola88(m): 8:13pm On Mar 11, 2015
fairygeh:
Infact,its unheard of.I wish I have the power to harm him physically or even spiritually but how I wish I had that guts,i only prayed to God and cried my heart out and pray for karma. funny enough you guys are namesakes.is that you shocked shocked
Lmao! Hope you are not the lady every pastor has been telling me to look for and beg for forgiveness? Chai! Chai! Chai!
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by donKonji: 8:14pm On Mar 11, 2015
I know a perfect karma tale. Quite long but I would abbreviate. A spinster had an affair with a married senior colleague at her workplace. About nine months after breaking up with her married man lover, along came a dazzling young man searching for his missing rib. One thing led to the other and then they started dating. Noticing the relationship was getting serious, her conscience prompted her to confess her past misdeeds to her bf. Of course it was a bitter pill to swallow for the young man but none the less decided to proceed with the relationship believing she had turned a new leaf. He then proposed and she joyeously accepted to marry him. Approximately a year into the matrimony, along came a bouncing baby boy. Instead of bringing joy to the family, his arrival became a source of huge suspicion by the father. Now here's the interesting part. You see the man and his wife were both dark, tall and had moderate features. Guess what? The baby looked nothing like his parents. He came out with an emphasized fair skin, hairy and large pair of ears. A perfect contrast to his parents. Of course doubts crept into the mind of the dad and he immediately insisted on conducting a DNA test. The result proclaimed him the biological father to a degree of 99.999% accuracy. Now here comes the odd twist. One day whilst watching tv, the wife spots her erstwhile ex-married man lover, draws the attention of her husband to him and lo and behold the man bore a striking resemblance to their son. Similar skin complexion, similar shape of head, similar ear architecture and possibly similar build. A worried and baffled husband now leaves in perpetual doubt whether the boy he claims to be his son is actually his. Bearing in mind the striking semblence btw the boy and his wife's ex lover. Now my question is: Is this karma coming back to haunt the wife or just pure biological coincidence? And secondly how should the husband manage the emotional trauma of this predicament?
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by sammydine2003(m): 8:15pm On Mar 11, 2015
smiley I partially belive in karma buh seriously its a hard see those who need a touch frm karma buh they walk headhigh not finkin bout it even a bit..Karma is a bitch

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement / Woman Cries Out After Her Rapist Fights To Take Custody Of Her Child / Names Given To Children In Nigeria Lately

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.