Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,965 members, 7,952,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:57 AM

Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story (27241 Views)

Share The Most Hilarious Questions Your Child Has Ever Asked U. / Wives Kindly Share The Weird Stuffs You Do For Your Man Out Of Love. / Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 11, 2015
just here to read comments

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by fairygeh(f): 9:20pm On Mar 11, 2015
Olutola88:
Lmao! Hope you are not the lady every pastor has been telling me to look for and beg for forgiveness? Chai! Chai! Chai!
Never,i can never forgive you angry angry
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by ademega(m): 10:15pm On Mar 11, 2015
When you plant you reap and you don't get exactly what you plant but in multiple.
I have always asked myself , it's karma real? And events around me in last few years shows vividly to me that it exist. I have many examples. But the fact is this, in one way or the other, we offend our fellow human but some are just grossly unfair and the harvest will surely comeback.
There was a man in my home town, in 1982 he tried to kidnap and make use of his sisters child for rituals . The whole town was trowing into serious crises and some people were suspected retired and molested . After two days when the whole issue was just too hot, the little girl appeared. The girl mentioned her uncle behind his kidnapping story. But maybe due to the fact that he was a child or cover up from somewhere, nothing was done to the man. The man has a son almost of the same age with that little girl. Fast forward to four years ago. This man son, became very successful in business and politics. He was nice and loved by everybody. He was contesting for house of assembly, and with his populariyt then, he had no opposition. One day, during ogun festival in our town, a very rowdy festival like that, he came to the town square with his supporters and suddenly, there was a gun shot and before people could look around the bullet hit him on the head and he died instantly. Two police men were killed instantly because it was believed he was assassinated through the state machinery. Immediately this happened and my grandma heard, she just shouted karma and in fact that was the first thing that came to the mind of people. Don't set trap for people, don't steal, don't kill, don't make false promises. Kama is real
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by 400billionman: 10:55pm On Mar 11, 2015
Babymama1:
My husband says as a Christian ,I shouldn't believe in what people call karma but I have seen this happen over and over again,people reap what they sow. Find me another word to call it. You can't sow coco yam and expect to go and harvest gboko yams

Too many examples I have seen but two stand out to me

One

I know a man and his wife who were close friends with this other couple we know. The two men had been childhood friends in Nigeria,emigrated to the the USA and remained tight friends ,both men married and their wives also became good friends.Eventually one of the couples divorced over the wife's infidelity.The other couple betrayed this man by remaining friends with that wife accompanying her to pack her stuff from her matrimonial home and giving her emotional support in the courtroom during the divorce.
We were so saddened to hear all this ,my husband expressed to the disloyal friend that he didn't act right and when the betrayed man told us about his divorce and his wife's infidelity in tears ,what hurt him most was the actions of his best friend and his wife.

A decade later ,that second couple were at the verge of divorce and one day it hit me,this was karma about to happen. I asked my husband to call this guy and ask him to go beg his former friend for his role a decade ago,my husband didn't want to be involved ,well they divorced and the man suffered worse fate.He ended up homeless and penniless and squatting with someone when the wife kicked him out and filed for divorce with a restraining order.

Two

A second case that stands out to me is an overbearing mother in law that treated her daughter in law so badly because she took a while to get pregnant and when the DIL eventually got pregnant she had a still birth and her mother- in-law told her the marriage was over.she went from that hospital back to her parent's house and the man married another wife at the command of his mom.

The MIL's only daughter was young when all this happened. She eventually grew up to be a very beautiful girl with suitors swarming.

She married the first husband and her MIL hated her with a perfect hatred.She couldn't conceive and the treatment got worse. She was eventually thrown out of her matrimonial home literally.i heard she threw out her belongings on the street and locked the door, she married the second husband ,an older man and he got sick a few years later and died .The girl had no child till this day.

It was just a few weeks ago it hit me and I told my husband,this is karma

Her daughter was treated the same exact way she treated someone's daughter ,perhaps worse.

Do you believe in karma?
Share your karma stories

In your second story, a daughter is not supposed to suffer for her mother's wickedness. That is why people ought to fast and pray.

Our lives are in Gods hands but we decide what we would be. How can a man allow unseen forces of nature, luck and karma to control his/her destiny ?

God forbid.
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Zara09(f): 11:24pm On Mar 11, 2015
Karma is such a B***h
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by kanaleke(m): 12:23am On Mar 12, 2015
Sure I believe.....Welbeck haunts machester united and David luiz haunts chelsea

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by U2ice(m): 12:24am On Mar 12, 2015
Karma just f**ked chelshit up.... tongue
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by busky101(m): 12:30am On Mar 12, 2015
Welback scored against Manchester United and david luiz scored against Chelsea, karma is indeed a bittch
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by iamrealdeji(m): 12:31am On Mar 12, 2015
busky101:
Welback scored against Manchester United and david luiz scored against Chelsea, karma is indeed a bitch
Dude,whats the final score pls,chelsea vs psg
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by dooch(m): 12:35am On Mar 12, 2015
No.. Bad and good things will surely happen to you. With over 6 billion humans. There is surely going to be a lot of coincidence.. It doesn't mean its karma.. Have seen wicked men grow to a reap old age and all their children successful;with big businesses and others working for multinationals..

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Claroo(m): 12:37am On Mar 12, 2015
iamrealdeji:

Dude,whats the final score pls,chelsea vs psg
2. 2
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by freecocoa(f): 12:37am On Mar 12, 2015
If God has to punish me for the sins of my ancestors, doesn't that mean he is an unjust and wicked God? I just tire for religion.

I don't believe in karma because from the stories I've read, she is just a selective shediot, she doesn't do justice at all.

I don't believe your first story was karma btw, people can choose who they want to remain friends with, so because my friend cheated on her husband and got thrown out, I should let her sleep on the streets? Giving her a room doesn't mean I support her cheating, people can feel remorse and everyone deserves a second chance.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by freecocoa(f): 12:49am On Mar 12, 2015
Safari29:
karma exist only in movies. i stole from my mumsys pot, does that means my kid will steal from my pot too undecided
You stole because you probably had to, to really have enough of the meat.

If you become "bill gates" tomorrow, your children will not have to steal meat, I even feel weird typing the word "steal" in the same sentence with "meat"

Meat wey ajebo children dey use do yeye, mschew.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Abbey2sam(m): 12:54am On Mar 12, 2015
SpencerLewis:

Not necessarily that their children will sleep around like them. The children may have their own karmic debt to pay and not that of their parents. Individual soul animate each being.
There is very good friend and elder distant 'brother' of mine and a very religion man and what Christians called 'born again'. This man honestly never had any relationship b/4 marriage. i don't know if his wife had any b/4 marrying him, But I can vouch for the man. Very nice man and always remind me of d biblical turning of the other cheek when slapped.
Dis man can never retaliate if done wrong. At times, he too much compromising attitude annoy me. He is very comfortable in Nigeria standard. But his 1st child(girl) of 20 yrs and undergraduate abandoned school and moved with her boyfriend. Right now she has a yr+ old son and presently pregnant with another baby for another of his boyfriend. Unknown to the parents this girl has over 17 carryover in her school. She is supposed to be in yr 3, but has not pay school fees of yr 2. The money given to her for school fee is what she uses to sustain her boy friends.
The man keep wandering how such a girl came to her. Physically she is d man carbon copy in facial resemblance. What do u think is the cause of such thing?
Ur guess is as good as mine.

buh I don't know what your guessing
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by freecocoa(f): 12:59am On Mar 12, 2015
AnEvangelist:
A man brought his niece from Nigeria to UK. When she arrived he was telling her of how one can use her passport to bring her sister that looks like her as a joke. Few days later her passport got missing. she went to him and he said he took it to keep it safe for her. Few months later, the same passport got missing again and this time he said he didn't take it. She went to report to their local church pastor that she was sure he was the one that took it because he mentioned jokingly that one could use her passport to bring her sister that looks like her and the first time he was the one that took it. Her uncle put a curse on her that she will never succeed in life. Till today she has not finished her studies she started over 12 years ago that was supposed to last only 4 years, she is over 30 years unmarried, not even a boyfriend , no one wants to associate with her, she is like a vagabond, nothing she laid her hands on ever prospers.
This is real karma. Never bite the fingers that fed you
I'm sorry but this is arrant nonsense, what was he expecting when he had "stolen" the passport once, before? Duh!

The lady hasn't graduated because she is probably an unserious student, so all the over 30 and unmarried ladies are also cursed e kwa? Mschew.

That man should stop deceiving himself about any stup1d curse, if you told me you'd steal my stuff and it got stolen to be recovered from you, only to be stolen again, i'll have you properly vetted till its proven you are not in possession of it, what's there to curse me for? See criminal cursing someone, what a joke.

6 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Abbey2sam(m): 12:59am On Mar 12, 2015
olivegirl:
I mocked my sister for narrying a man living too close to our house like 3minutes drive, mine is 3minutes work then I rememebered the mock the day she called me to say congratulation

please where's the karma in this ??
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Edusouls(m): 1:08am On Mar 12, 2015
dont make that mistake to say karma is not real,karma is real more than yourself, u think God's world is a place were you do things and get away, noo brother, u must,i quote u must get ur payment in full for any deed wether good or bad, the forces of nature is more powerful than anything that exist within it's plane, as for good people suffer, the world is suffering none can escape that....
Tallesty1:
If karma is real then why do bad things happen to good people?

I believe there is a mighty connection between all people, I also believe that being in harmony inside and with family and society installs a well being that radiate to enlighten the world.

But Karma? No.

Sometimes the people that are supposed to be karma's perpetual prisoner go scotfree and the good ones end up suffering.
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by apparentlylaw(m): 1:14am On Mar 12, 2015
Sure ! I biliv in Karma ....oh ma bby's name ....I adore her nd she Loves me bck
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Nobody: 1:36am On Mar 12, 2015
freecocoa:
If God has to punish me for the sins of my ancestors, doesn't that mean he is an unjust and wicked God? I just tire for religion.

I don't believe in karma because from the stories I've read, she is just a selective shediot, she doesn't do justice at all.

I don't believe your first story was karma btw, people can choose who they want to remain friends with, so because my friend cheated on her husband and got thrown out, I should let her sleep on the streets? Giving her a room doesn't mean I support her cheating, people can feel remorse and everyone deserves a second chance.

Did you read that bit from my post?
Why don't you ask for more details
A woman whose husband is your husbands best friend cheats repeatedly on her husband on her matrimonial bed while hubby worked nights and when she decides to move out ,would you go help her pack up and load her stuff and carry some in your own vehicle knowing details of the affairs?
Many decent people wouldn't
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by urchbarbie(f): 6:29am On Mar 12, 2015
Lolx! Very funny tale dear! I read somewhr, I tink on NL, dat women who sleep around are bound to av accumulated genes of dier sex parners stored in dier bodies. Now I can relate with dis tale. Ild find dat thread n share it for u to read. Lolx! Kai!
donKonji:
I know a perfect karma tale. Quite long but I would abbreviate. A spinster had an affair with a married senior colleague at her workplace. About nine months after breaking up with her married man lover, along came a dazzling young man searching for his missing rib. One thing led to the other and then they started dating. Noticing the relationship was getting serious, her conscience prompted her to confess her past misdeeds to her bf. Of course it was a bitter pill to swallow for the young man but none the less decided to proceed with the relationship believing she had turned a new leaf. He then proposed and she joyeously accepted to marry him. Approximately a year into the matrimony, along came a bouncing baby boy. Instead of bringing joy to the family, his arrival became a source of huge suspicion by the father. Now here's the interesting part. You see the man and his wife were both dark, tall and had moderate features. Guess what? The baby looked nothing like his parents. He came out with an emphasized fair skin, hairy and large pair of ears. A perfect contrast to his parents. Of course doubts crept into the mind of the dad and he immediately insisted on conducting a DNA test. The result proclaimed him the biological father to a degree of 99.999% accuracy. Now here comes the odd twist. One day whilst watching tv, the wife spots her erstwhile ex-married man lover, draws the attention of her husband to him and lo and behold the man bore a striking resemblance to their son. Similar skin complexion, similar shape of head, similar ear architecture and possibly similar build. A worried and baffled husband now leaves in perpetual doubt whether the boy he claims to be his son is actually his. Bearing in mind the striking semblence btw the boy and his wife's ex lover. Now my question is: Is this karma coming back to haunt the wife or just pure biological coincidence? And secondly how should the husband manage the emotional trauma of this predicament?
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by beblessed(f): 6:41am On Mar 12, 2015
vengenance is mine, I will repay says the Lord= karma. Tit for tat and an eye for an eye = karma. In every action , thoughts or deeds, knowingly or unknowningly whether good or bad, we will receive full measure. Everyone will get their due reward. That is DIVINE JUSTICE for everyone. So be careful what you are sowing. Karma makes it possible for you to be born in the palace or in the prison, in riches or in poverty, handicapped or complete. Envy no one for we all have served what we deserve. It cuts across individuals, communities, race or nations. That is why you are Nigerian and not an Arabian. Our past actions have brought us to this point of our life.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 12, 2015
Tallesty1:
If karma is real then why do bad things happen to good people?

I believe there is a mighty connection between all people, I also believe that being in harmony inside and with family and society installs a well being that radiate to enlighten the world.

But Karma? No.

Sometimes the people that are supposed to be karma's perpetual prisoner go scotfree and the good ones end up suffering.
dats just d truth.
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 12, 2015
sauceny:

I don't understand your story line¿
It is btween a Father(an engineer), his son and a poor family.

poor family gave engineer their property. he would build on it, use it for 30yrs and return it to d family.

engineer used substandard product to build house. after 30 yrs he returned it but his own son bought the house.

the evil he did, his son reaped
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Tallesty1(m): 7:55am On Mar 12, 2015
Edusouls:
dont make that mistake to say karma is not real,karma is real more than yourself, u think God's world is a place were you do things and get away, noo brother, u must,i quote u must get ur payment in full for any deed wether good or bad, the forces of nature is more powerful than anything that exist within it's plane, as for good people suffer, the world is suffering none can escape that....
Are you a Christian?
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by donKonji: 7:59am On Mar 12, 2015
urchbarbie:
Lolx! Very funny tale dear! I read somewhr, I tink on NL, dat women who sleep around are bound to av accumulated genes of dier sex parners stored in dier bodies. Now I can relate with dis tale. Ild find dat thread n share it for u to read. Lolx! Kai!

Quite interesting view point.. A permanent bio connection btw women who sleep around and their male lovers. But what's quite freaky in this situation is that a comprehensive scientific (DNA) test shows that the man is actually the biological father of the child. How's it that he was completely sidestepped in influencing the physical xteristics of the boy? And per the mother, could there be an element of karma affecting her because of her past indiscretions?
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by freecocoa(f): 8:29am On Mar 12, 2015
babyosisi:

Did you read that bit from my post?
Why don't you ask for more details
A woman whose husband is your husbands best friend cheats repeatedly on her husband on her matrimonial bed while hubby worked nights and when she decides to move out ,would you go help her pack up and load her stuff and carry some in your own vehicle knowing details of the affairs?
Many decent people wouldn't

I thought you meant she was caught cheating and got thrown out, I wouldn't keep a friend who cheats repeatedly to start with.

But isn't it weird that this other couple chose to sides with her, instead of her hubby who was their friend first, don't you think maybe the man wasn't treating her right?

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Edusouls(m): 8:39am On Mar 12, 2015
the laws of the universe is designed without flaws from a flawless creator, brother your story is somehow baffling,but everycase is not karma, it is not the man's fault, people are born with different traits,good and very bad, and home training, type of friends she keeps in school, the girl just choose the life of waywardness..and she got that bad trait or gene of extreme flirting, mainly from the mother, brother u can never ever really know the kind of life a woman lived before getting married...
SpencerLewis:

Not necessarily that their children will sleep around like them. The children may have their own karmic debt to pay and not that of their parents. Individual soul animate each being.
There is very good friend and elder distant 'brother' of mine and a very religion man and what Christians called 'born again'. This man honestly never had any relationship b/4 marriage. i don't know if his wife had any b/4 marrying him, But I can vouch for the man. Very nice man and always remind me of d biblical turning of the other cheek when slapped.
Dis man can never retaliate if done wrong. At times, he too much compromising attitude annoy me. He is very comfortable in Nigeria standard. But his 1st child(girl) of 20 yrs and undergraduate abandoned school and moved with her boyfriend. Right now she has a yr+ old son and presently pregnant with another baby for another of his boyfriend. Unknown to the parents this girl has over 17 carryover in her school. She is supposed to be in yr 3, but has not pay school fees of yr 2. The money given to her for school fee is what she uses to sustain her boy friends.
The man keep wandering how such a girl came to her. Physically she is d man carbon copy in facial resemblance. What do u think is the cause of such thing?
Ur guess is as good as mine.
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Blizzyblinkzy(f): 8:52am On Mar 12, 2015
aolatunde00:
There's this incident I heard about years ago.
A young man was knocked down and kicked by a careless driver on the oshodi express way.The driver was apprehended and taken to the police station.
Seeing it was a clear case of manslaughter,the careless driver offered the inspector in charge some money to say the slain man was actually drunk and he was at fault.
At this time,the inspector had a son who was planning to abroad but he didn't have enough funds to sponsor the trip.The bribe offer was just about the amount of money he needed for his son so he accepted.
They got some alcohol,poured it on the dead mans" body and said he got into the road in a drunken state.the police inspector took the money and sent his son abroad.
Ten years later,his son came home for the very first time since he travelled.As karma would have it,his son was killed at that same spot in oshodi by a drunken driver!
Exactly 10years after the innocent boy was killed

this is a story i read in one novel .... Cant remember d name.. Well i do bliv in karma..
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Edusouls(m): 9:00am On Mar 12, 2015
no karma here, the man gave into the hands of a super snake woman, he should go and reapeat the DNA test, on a renowned lab where there is proffessional and certified people in this area.. i suspect strongly that the DNA test has flaws...
donKonji:
I know a perfect karma tale. Quite long but I would abbreviate. A spinster had an affair with a married senior colleague at her workplace. About nine months after breaking up with her married man lover, along came a dazzling young man searching for his missing rib. One thing led to the other and then they started dating. Noticing the relationship was getting serious, her conscience prompted her to confess her past misdeeds to her bf. Of course it was a bitter pill to swallow for the young man but none the less decided to proceed with the relationship believing she had turned a new leaf. He then proposed and she joyeously accepted to marry him. Approximately a year into the matrimony, along came a bouncing baby boy. Instead of bringing joy to the family, his arrival became a source of huge suspicion by the father. Now here's the interesting part. You see the man and his wife were both dark, tall and had moderate features. Guess what? The baby looked nothing like his parents. He came out with an emphasized fair skin, hairy and large pair of ears. A perfect contrast to his parents. Of course doubts crept into the mind of the dad and he immediately insisted on conducting a DNA test. The result proclaimed him the biological father to a degree of 99.999% accuracy. Now here comes the odd twist. One day whilst watching tv, the wife spots her erstwhile ex-married man lover, draws the attention of her husband to him and lo and behold the man bore a striking resemblance to their son. Similar skin complexion, similar shape of head, similar ear architecture and possibly similar build. A worried and baffled husband now leaves in perpetual doubt whether the boy he claims to be his son is actually his. Bearing in mind the striking semblence btw the boy and his wife's ex lover. Now my question is: Is this karma coming back to haunt the wife or just pure biological coincidence? And secondly how should the husband manage the emotional trauma of this predicament?
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by Nobody: 9:00am On Mar 12, 2015
babyosisi:
There is a popular case in old ImO state years ago.a man was killed and his flesh was used to make dried meat sold in a showcase.the defense lawyer succesfully argued to the shock of the town that recovered hand of the murdered man was a monkey's hand and that the meat was bush meat.The killer went free.That lawyer died in a ghastly motor accident shortly after.

Dont we all know bosses and supervisors who wrecked havoc , ended peoples careers and caused gnashing of teeth disgraced out of the job in more humiliating ways?
U can lie oh,just like ur oga @ d top(ebele jonad^ft).
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story by donKonji: 9:16am On Mar 12, 2015
Edusouls:
no karma here, the man gave into the hands of a super snake woman, he should go and reapeat the DNA test, on a renowned lab where there is proffessional and certified people in this area.. i suspect strongly that the DNA test has flaws...

The DNA test was carried by a reputed lab in Lagos (name withheld). And 2 subsequent verification tests done at different facilities all with the same positive result. Can u please describe what u meant by "super snake woman"?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo / 'You Are Heartless If You Upload Your Dead Friend Pics To Wish "RIP" - Lady Says / Court Marriage Without Paying Bride Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.