Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG (21496 Views)

Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode Record Landslide Victory At Polling Units - Vanguard / General Buhari Relaxing With His Wife After Voting / Senator Ndume Broke Down In Tears After Voting In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by Caseless: 7:12am On Mar 20, 2015
tbaba1234:

That's the best unless you are in a volatile area.

Even agents are bought during elections. if only 10 people wait for the count, it is better than nothing. Otherwise, your votes can enter voicemail
even 10 ppl can b manupulated. If there are 500 voters in a particular polling unit, they shld stay back in that number and have ur votes counted as, this huge crowd might b difficult to twist.
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by Nobody: 7:13am On Mar 20, 2015
Mehn u crazy
Let's wait n see
Ideot
PDP n scope of rigginh
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by Jorussia(m): 7:13am On Mar 20, 2015
This is not the first time that elections is been held in this country. The IGP should not toy with the patience of Nigerians, INEC normally advise voters to stay and watch their votes being counted.The only thing is that people will be asked to move some distance away.What is the IGP thinking self?when people will be recording with their phones,tablets and other electronic devices the counting of results, for onward posting to social media platforms. When people stay behind after voting it goes a long way in scaring hoodlums/ hired thugs who have the intentions of snatching ballot boxes.

1 Like

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by yomalex(m): 7:13am On Mar 20, 2015
As if it were 1950's.
An election that has so much influence on the direction of our nation for the next 4 years. Your wife is in the hospital to give birth to your baby and you go home and sleep, who does that?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by tbaba1234: 7:14am On Mar 20, 2015
liverpoolfc4life:
party agent will be dia to represent each party

In Nigeria, party agents are bought.That's a small thing.
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by Revolva(m): 7:15am On Mar 20, 2015
grin grin yes nice moves The Inspector-General of Police, Suleiman Abba has said right una don hear grin grin
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by Nobody: 7:15am On Mar 20, 2015
A means to rig by the PDP, we are wiser. I will remain in my polling station till the last vote is counted.

1 Like

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by wirinet(m): 7:17am On Mar 20, 2015
yomalex:
As if it were 1950's.
An election that has so much influence on the direction of our nation for the next 4 years. Your wife is in the hospital to give birth to your baby and you go home and sleep, who does that?

Do not mind the stupid IG, he is behaving as if he is More Nigerian than the voters. We all have equal rights to monitor our votes and ensure the outcome of the election reflect our wishes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by luvmijeje(f): 7:17am On Mar 20, 2015
Oleeeeeeee! I'll definitely stay behind with my camera phone to watch as votes are been counted by the officials.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by Olril18(m): 7:17am On Mar 20, 2015
Ipledge:
See joker,we should go home so you can rig election.Nigerians are wiser now tongue,place that have crisis should be secure.

What is he saying?you mean after postponing election for 6wks you still can't guarantee security.Na my God go purnish you and the gods of my forefathers deal with you
why can't u comment reasonably rather than resorting to abuse? u are worse than d person u are criticizing..
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by igbsam(m): 7:18am On Mar 20, 2015
[size=15pt]NEVER.

I WILL STAY AND DEFEND MY VOTE

TACTICS TO RIG ELECTION ABI

THIS IS 2015 o!
[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by emeka2847: 7:18am On Mar 20, 2015
[size=18pt]He should go and tell Jona and PDP that this trick work. We reject it![/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by otr1(m): 7:19am On Mar 20, 2015
Practical joke! I'm voting in my Hometown and I've not seen anyone alive that would make me leave the unit before the results are being posted...not even you, Abba.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by nduchucks: 7:19am On Mar 20, 2015
The IG has no right to step on the constitutional rights of Nigerians to freely move and/or assemble as they so choose.

Nigerians will stay behind, protect their votes, and document fraud. We don't trust the IG.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by ceejay80s(m): 7:20am On Mar 20, 2015
nzeadachie:
VOTE AND GO HOME TO AVOID HAD I KNOW, IF YOU STAY ANYTHING YOU SEE YOU TAKE
Nepa go give us light that day? If yes , then I will gladly go home, but if NO, then I will wait and count my vote
After some donkeys go say buhari na dictator

2 Likes

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by osram(m): 7:21am On Mar 20, 2015
But buhari said--------ku kasa ku tsare,ku raka duk wanda ya tabaku ku halaka shi...........walahi dts wat we r going to do
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by lordsharks(m): 7:22am On Mar 20, 2015
nice 1
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by timota(m): 7:22am On Mar 20, 2015
Vote and go home is like not voting at all because immediately you leave anything can happen besides inec chair even adviced us to come with our camera phone
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by philips70(m): 7:22am On Mar 20, 2015
Forgive my pessimism, Nigeria is dead and buried. Jonathan poured the last sand.
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by sexyjob(m): 7:23am On Mar 20, 2015
BabaEleko:
Oloriibu Inspector. You and you're oga at the top go soon hear wehenn.
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by finestiyke(m): 7:23am On Mar 20, 2015
Chai!

Them wan rig this election.

Lmao, we should trust the police ehn? Like seriously? Trust the men in black[b][/b]?

1 Like

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by hoodboy(m): 7:23am On Mar 20, 2015
That's how I went home in 2011, came back to hear result and saw them stuffing the ballot box

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by wirinet(m): 7:24am On Mar 20, 2015
nduchucks:
The IG has no right to step on the constitutional rights of Nigerians to freely move and/or assemble as they so choose.

Nigerians will stay behind and protect their votes and document fraud. We don't trust the IG.

Thank you my brother, advise voters not only to stay behind and make sure every vote is counted but also to document irregularities with their camera and video phones. It would make things easier during the court cases for the cheated candidiate to proove his/her case, because in Nigeria the onus of proof lies in the candidiate and party and not on INEC, the police or the alleged winner. We should help our candidiates win at the courts if it comes to it.
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by Ugoobuz: 7:24am On Mar 20, 2015
Honestly i thank the IG for his wisdom to foresee what actually caused the post election violence that killed our great corpers... imagine what you get when you allow an average aboki in to remain at the polling unit after casting vote.

2 Likes

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by genevieve12(f): 7:25am On Mar 20, 2015
kahal29:

http://www.punchng.com/news/no-waiting-at-polling-booths-after-voting-ig/
Some people can be so dumb all in d name of politics,if una like sleep for polling booth na una won count votes,as for me and my household we don enter our house,nigerians,if person they take panadol for una headache una go just dey add chloroquine.abeg oga IG leave dem make dem sidon dere anything their eye see,their neigbour go dey exPlain.rubbish people we their live get duplicate.
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by sexyjob(m): 7:26am On Mar 20, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Oga IG, you lie! We electorates shall remain in our polling units for counting of the votes. You cannot do anything.
Be ready, when they decide to do something. Don't run o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by DesChyko: 7:27am On Mar 20, 2015
kayboy4y:

#ivedecided
#Police must not harass me
#I will protect my vote
#GMB is my choice

A blind snail starves only itself of food.
The IGP has spoken.
Since you are a stranger to bombs, thuggery and stray weapons, I wish you luck.

1 Like

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by Nobody: 7:28am On Mar 20, 2015
Oga police appears to have made two flawed assumptions in making the statement quoted below:

1. That waiting to witness that your vote counted amounts to taking the law into our own hands.

2. That Nigeria is an advanced democracy

I am sure Nigerians will simply respectfully and peacefully ignore this flawed advice. There is too much at stake to rely on agents of the incumbent government to protect the votes of those who want change.

kahal29:

"In advanced democracies, people don’t take the law into their own hands but resort to tribunals."

http://www.punchng.com/news/no-waiting-at-polling-booths-after-voting-ig/
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by eleko1: 7:28am On Mar 20, 2015
Use spanner/screw driver and where necessary,pour a HYPO on his sick brain.Nothing else
disloman:
This robot needs reprogramming.Help is needed.

1 Like

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by vooks: 7:29am On Mar 20, 2015
No amount of order will save Buhari from his imminent defeat
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by wirinet(m): 7:29am On Mar 20, 2015
genevieve12:

Some people can be so dumb all in d name of politics,if una like sleep for polling booth na una won count votes,as for me and my household we don enter our house,nigerians,if person they take panadol for una headache una go just dey add chloroquine.abeg oga IG leave dem make dem sidon dere anything their eye see,their neigbour go dey exPlain.rubbish people we their live get duplicate.

That is your constitutionally guaranteed right (although you cannot make that rule for your household, especially if your children are over 18 yrs), but you have no right to deny other the rights of other Nigerians to stay behind and defend their votes
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by mrrock: 7:32am On Mar 20, 2015
Thank you IG of police for reminding Buhari and his Boko haram members that it's illegal to hang around polling boots after casting their votes. I remember Buhari asking his supporters in 2011 to stay at the polling boot to protect their votes. This obviously lead to the killing of youth cop members who refused their manipulation attempts after voting.

Say no to Boko haram.
Say no to Buhari.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

We Can't Fight Boko Haram Alone: APC Defends Buhari's Trip To Chad, Niger / Army In Yauri Thwart Boko Haram Attempted Attack, Kill 5 Terrorists(Graphic) / EndSARS: Advocating For Progressive Reforms Or Carnivals For Party Revellers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.