Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG (21498 Views)

Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode Record Landslide Victory At Polling Units - Vanguard / General Buhari Relaxing With His Wife After Voting / Senator Ndume Broke Down In Tears After Voting In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by manot: 8:13am On Mar 20, 2015
una get plan. we must wait and una must count the votes for each polling votes.
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by sapientia(m): 8:19am On Mar 20, 2015
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 20, 2015
You have been warned. Don't risk your life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by queensmith: 8:22am On Mar 20, 2015
lool well they had to do something, the interim government angle wouldn't have worked for long.

PDP police don't talk am ooo
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by econity(m): 8:28am On Mar 20, 2015
M4gunners:
I was here reading the comments of Children of anger. They wants to remain at pulling station even after they cast their votes so that they can carry out their anger as usual. IG and his boys will lock anyone tried nonsense there.
how long will you continue to live in self denial knowing that what d IG said is contradictory to INEC law.
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by 1stola: 8:28am On Mar 20, 2015
StOla:
Even INEC has advised that the voting population wait and observe their votes counted.

So who the hell is a corrupt police of the federal government to assure us of the safety of our votes?

The only offence I am likely to commit is catching the police allocating votes to the umbrella of corruption.
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by Skoopy(m): 8:32am On Mar 20, 2015
So that you people can rig abi? We will stay around and protect our votes.
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by bogolobango(m): 8:33am On Mar 20, 2015
carry go apc boy.

♥♥TEAM GMB♥♥
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by netmillionaires(m): 8:33am On Mar 20, 2015
Trunaijian:
how do you know I will vote PDP? ....I know this time around The card readers will ensure my votes count. I have faith in Jega and INEC. So I need not wait to hear same outcome of results wether i stay or not.
u funny o bro. The card reader is not there to protect votes. The card reader is merely there to ensure that votes casted is equal to numbers of voters. It is been used to determine eligibility to vote and no one person will be able to vote twice. Also if the number of voters is 500 and some rigging agents brought in additional 200 it will be noticed since card reader will show 500 registered while ballot papers will show 700 votes casted.
What the card reader can't determine is who vote for who and which party. Now if we look at it this way; assumming there are 500 voters ; 300 of whom votes for APC while 200 vote for PDP and vice versa. Now PDP bribed the agents and officers and counted the 100 votes of one party as anothers or vice versa, the votes will still be 500 but the winner have been manipulated something card reader cannot point out. That's where this defend ur vote comes in. I think there should be a site to upload videos. The site should be break down from States to Local govt and then into wards. People from certain wards should post their videos in that ward so we can be able to sum it up.e.g assumming there are 57 LGA in lagos with 10 wards each. If all counted votes videos from each wards are posted accordind to wards we will be able to sum up all the votes from the 10 wards and get the results for each local government. We can then sum up d voted 4 each local govt to get the votes for each state. Finally we can then sum up the votes in each states to get the total votes for the whole federation. Just my thought though. This we Nigerians can get results by themselves rather than wait for manipulated results from INEC.... Like if U agree. Share if U disagree

3 Likes

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by olayinkaj2(m): 8:34am On Mar 20, 2015
We should go home abi, so that you can rig the election. People can stay for the result to be announced as long as they don't have the intention of causing violence. Our police officers can not be trusted, the vote must be counted before we leave period!
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by bashydemy(m): 8:36am On Mar 20, 2015
IGP you are mad, I mean you are mad... so make we vote and go home so your men can easily rig election abi.... God punish all of you we are waiting behind to monitor everything what happen to been an observer..

1 Like

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by udemzyudex(m): 8:37am On Mar 20, 2015
Ipledge:
See joker,we should go home so you can rig election.Nigerians are wiser now tongue,place that have crisis should be secure.

What is he saying?you mean after postponing election for 6wks you still can't guarantee security.Na my God go purnish you and the gods of my forefathers deal with you
When you're arrested,don't come here and cry fowl.. We have party agent,i believe none of them will stay there and watch the election being rig and moreover the card reader machine will be use... So allow the party agent to do their job...
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by Intendy: 8:40am On Mar 20, 2015
M4gunners:
I was here reading the comments of Children of anger. They wants to remain at pulling station even after they cast their votes so that they can carry out their anger as usual. IG and his boys will lock anyone tried nonsense there.
Pls ask the IG to first write another constitution to accommodate this.
by the way,try to improve on your english language so as communicate well.
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by sweetgala(m): 8:40am On Mar 20, 2015
Trut:
The IG gave a good advice.

I agree he gave what is in retrospect a reasonable advice, however in true light of what has occurred over the six weeks , and the potential for rigging , it is best that voters assure that their votes are secured before leaving the polling station.
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by bayumyguy: 8:43am On Mar 20, 2015
Our IG dey talk rubbish oooooo,jega live on channels TV now and he said people can wait to watch the counting so far we don,t ve another interior motive so IG don,t anytin oooo,IG that refuse to recoginze speaker,IG has turn himself to interpret law.nigerian be wise
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 20, 2015
udemzyudex:
When you're arrested,don't come here and cry fowl.. We have party agent,i believe none of them will stay there and watch the election being rig and moreover the card reader machine will be use... So allow the party agent to do their job...

Party agents can be easily bought. How many times do u have to hear that to comprehend it. Why must you pdp folks support every form of impunity senselessly?? This is our democracy for Bleep's sake! It's our vote, we want to defend it period!!
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by loomer: 8:45am On Mar 20, 2015
Ipledge:
See joker,we should go home so you can rig election.Nigerians are wiser now tongue,place that have crisis should be secure.

What is he saying?you mean after postponing election for 6wks you still can't guarantee security.Na my God go purnish you and the gods of my forefathers deal with you

U be election observer abi na u de count the votes?

Wat is the job of party agents if u wan stand for there like security

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by Shubbylee(m): 8:47am On Mar 20, 2015
LOOL! Naija oh!! We Should Vote and go home so behind the scenes u can rig the Elections for PDP so u can secure your job abi? ole buruku! onyeoshi!! onyeara!! Dan iska! barawo! shege banza!

1 Like

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by ElFenomeno1: 8:48am On Mar 20, 2015
It is common sense to do that....
We believe in the technology being deployed to cancel out electoral malpractises, however we can't completely trust anything in a country like Nigeria where power is a do or die affair.. Therefore something must give.
Enough is enough... We want change and we won't allow our votes to be tampered with!
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by mightycrown1(m): 8:51am On Mar 20, 2015
[size=18pt] ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL, THIS IS A GOOD IDEA BUT I DONT TRUST PDP BECAUSE IT MAY BE A PLOT TO ROB NIGERIANS AGAIN SO VOTERS SHINE YOUR EYES [/size]
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by onasa28(m): 8:53am On Mar 20, 2015
IT IS GOOD FOR YOU TO GO HOME AFTER CASTING YOUR VOTE.... ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN OOOO.... NA WARNING B DIS.... IF U LIKE, U STAY...JONA OR GMB NO GO GIVE ME FOOD OR PAY MY HOUSE RENT FOR ME... DERE FAMILY DEY WHERE IS PROTECTED AND U WAN KILL URSELF PROTECTING UR VOTE... VOTE MY ASS.. VOTE WISELY.
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by tonero230(m): 8:53am On Mar 20, 2015
M4gunners:
You are on ur own. Nobody can change my mind from voting for GEJ even at gun point.

Which sec., sch did you attend self?
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by ExInferis(m): 8:56am On Mar 20, 2015
“Cast your votes and go and cool down. If you remain there, there is a likelihood that you will commit an offence.’’
-IG Abba

See how they talk down to the citizens like we're all irresponsible and mere criminals.

#OnlyInNigeria
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by disloman(m): 9:02am On Mar 20, 2015
legendsilver:

I waited in 2011 to count my vote, why must I not wait to see it counted again in 2015?
Oga olokpa, oyo lo'wa o................

#Imustcountmyvote

For

BUHARI
U made my day.10 cans of orijin 4 u

1 Like

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by Damjoy(m): 9:02am On Mar 20, 2015
Ipledge:

he must be jonzing Oga mi. They wan rig election no jare.
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 20, 2015
Ipledge:

on that day now you will cast your vote and run back to your fathers house like a little chick, but dis your comment have deceive others to stay and perhaps get shot by police or soldiers. I've been hearing about you that you don't have sence, Why Why?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by Ologunjude(m): 9:05am On Mar 20, 2015
So just them will witness the counting of the votes right. Nice move.
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by netmillionaires(m): 9:05am On Mar 20, 2015
sapientia:
Wait.. People should wait for votes to be counted with d card reader?.. I dont really understand.. Is the card reader only for verification?.. Is it not also for the voting?

Cos.. Some people posts what is on their mind and i simply get afraid..
No o. The card reader is for verifying how many people vote and not to verify who vote whom and which party. The rigging system b4 is simply to bring the thumb printed ballots and stuff with the votes to increase their chance of winning by a wide margin. That's y u will see 1billions counted votes when we only have about 60million eligible voters. The card reader will ensure that counted votes is equal or less than eligible voters.
Now they are trying to count one party's votes as anothers which card reader will not be able to point out.
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by Seawhy(m): 9:07am On Mar 20, 2015
To me, this is wrong.
What I think the IGP should have said is that people should stay 100 meters away from the polling booth
Nigerians need to know how the voting was done.
By right counting is supposed to be done at each polling booths and records taking by all.
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by Olufemiolaolu(m): 9:08am On Mar 20, 2015
Hin be like say dis mumu I.G dey 4 sleeping mode in 2011 when electorates waited 4 their votes 2 be counted. How can we trust a moronic I.G dat ordered d invasion of d national assembly & blamed it on so called imbecilic info of thugs invading d place. We ll wait & nobody can stop us abeg. His sanity is questionable
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by Theultimate(m): 9:09am On Mar 20, 2015
People's moral and anticipation has really decreased. I could remember vividly that vise-versa was the case in 2011.
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by Ologunjude(m): 9:12am On Mar 20, 2015
So just them will witness the counting of the votes right. Nice move. But since each political party has it own representatives at each polling booth. So the best advice is wait at a very comfortable distance to hear them count the votes. They will be shouting anyway.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Conference 57 Endorses Sanwo-olu Ahead Direct Primaries In Lagos (video) / I Did Not Write Any Letter To The President's Chief Of Staff - Akpabio / Nigeria-Niger Mega Rail Project Threatened, Over 1,000 Trucks Trapped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.