Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,857 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG (21499 Views)

Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode Record Landslide Victory At Polling Units - Vanguard / General Buhari Relaxing With His Wife After Voting / Senator Ndume Broke Down In Tears After Voting In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by funsoul: 9:16am On Mar 20, 2015
Even with the military that will be deployed?why must this ppl act and talk crooked.so the policemen at the polling booth cant guarantee lives and properties.The IGP statement reeks of rigging
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by goooze(m): 9:20am On Mar 20, 2015
You are a fool sir!
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 20, 2015
Ipledge:
See joker,we should go home so you can rig election.Nigerians are wiser now tongue,place that have crisis should be secure.

What is he saying?you mean after postponing election for 6wks you still can't guarantee security.Na my God go purnish you and the gods of my forefathers deal with you
...that's because some guys PLEDGE that the blood of dogs and baboons will flow! not everyone luv to see blood waste.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by Nobody: 9:36am On Mar 20, 2015
funsoul:
Even with the military that will be deployed?why must this ppl act and talk crooked.so the policemen at the polling booth cant guarantee lives and properties.The IGP statement reeks of rigging
even if soldiers stand close to the box, and each voter has a soldier attached for security there are still some people who will want to disrupt the peaceful election, a popular artist has already said, 'the blood of dogs and baboons will flow '.
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by Chiaka(f): 9:37am On Mar 20, 2015
aresa:

grin

This is 2015, not 2011.

Even the police go run for cover @ #Nigerian#Spring.. grin

Don't be naïve! Security is very key now! Vote your party and leave. They are there to make sure you vote without getting hurt and its necessary to keep the environment free of violence, orderly , calm and systematic , to avoid over crowding and possible violence acts, so its a good way to go.
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 20, 2015
in as much as i want to agree wit d ig, but an ig appointed by gej may jst b playin a script because d fg and security agencies ar more of a feather. my thought sha.
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by udemzyudex(m): 10:00am On Mar 20, 2015
jayfolarin:

Party agents can be easily bought. How many times do u have to hear that to comprehend it. Why must you pdp folks support every form of impunity senselessly?? This is our democracy for Bleep's sake! It's our vote, we want to defend it period!!
party agent be easily bought? How? Cos i don't understand you.
Why will a party agent who is representing his party and want to make sure that his wins be bought?

Anyway,a word is enough for the wise...
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by rabimlomo: 10:00am On Mar 20, 2015
StOla:
Even INEC has advised that the voting population wait and observe their votes counted.

So who the hell is a corrupt police of the federal government to assure us of the safety of our votes?

The only offence I am likely to commit is catching the police allocating votes to the umbrella of corruption.
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by Sunjos: 10:02am On Mar 20, 2015
2 to 3 police per polling station? Na wao o.... Hope other security personnel will be there sha cuz 2 to 3 police won't be OK o
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 20, 2015
This instructions from police IG is counter productive and diversionary. Police has no role to play in elections except to ensure orderly conduct by voters on polling day and watch out for troublesome folks. Its not police job to give instructions to voters, especially where such instructions is in conflict with INEC's directives. If voters have to vote and leave the polling unit, what then will make the election credible? Will you call that an election, knowing that in Nigeria, party thugs usually hijack and elope with ballot boxes and polling materials in the past, even in the presence of voters? Where in Africa has the police IG ever seen people vote and go home 'to cool off', except in a fully electronic system of voting where one can vote on an ATM machine, for example, and the results show instantly? INEC is in charge, not police. Instructions on voting procedures and voters behaviour are issued by INEC to voters. I think the police should read INEC's instructions clearly, stay on the same page with them and avoid giving counter directives which could flame voter anger during the elections. INEC is telling voters to wait responsibly after voting and police IG is telling Nigerians to go home after voting. Is police INEC?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by henryobinna(m): 10:06am On Mar 20, 2015
kayboy4y:
Oga Police Wetin be dis? Is ds a tactics to rig election? Our Police can be clueless like our President. So pple shld not protect their votes? This man is still living in the darkness so everytin he says are odd.
I can see dat Oga IGP is afraid that shld GMB emerge victorious, Alagbon or kirikiri wil be his next occupied apartment.

#ivedecided
#Police must not harass me
#I will protect my vote
#GMB is my choice
can I ask you a question?
is it you job and or right to protect your vote?
what do you use in that protection?
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by ricsman(m): 10:07am On Mar 20, 2015
the plain truth here is that all those people dat has PDP blood in their vein will say yea while those with APC will say no. another truth here is that the Federal agencies like s police army DSS can't b trusted in ds election. though going home is for our good but its major reason is not for our safety but how to manipulate d result. since all plans had fail this will also fail. period.

3 Likes

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by ransomed: 10:09am On Mar 20, 2015
I am going there with powerful Camera to capture everything from arrival of INEC official, till final announcement. Bone any ranting of Installed Goon.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by ricsman(m): 10:12am On Mar 20, 2015
Punkinmusty:
in as much as i want to agree wit d ig, but an ig appointed by gej may jst b playin a script because d fg and security agencies ar more of a feather. my thought sha.
and ur thought is fantastic
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by ricsman(m): 10:13am On Mar 20, 2015
Punkinmusty:
and ur thought is fantastic.
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by godoluwa(m): 10:25am On Mar 20, 2015
kayboy4y:
Oga Police Wetin be dis? Is ds a tactics to rig election? Our Police can be clueless like our President. So pple shld not protect their votes? This man is still living in the darkness so everytin he says are odd.
I can see dat Oga IGP is afraid that shld GMB emerge victorious, Alagbon or kirikiri wil be his next occupied apartment.

#ivedecided
#Police must not harass me
#I will protect my vote
#GMB is my choice
stay there and bear the consequence all alone. wet in be my own?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by dabossman(m): 10:49am On Mar 20, 2015
Personally, I'm just wondering why a model that worked well in the last elections is now being kicked against by the IGP. In 2011, we voted and waited for the results to be announced. The party agents were on hand to record the results. Several voters tweeted results from their ward online. Policemen and civil defence guys were present to observe and keep the peace. That election brought GEJ in and was adjudged to be largely free and fair with only a few violent skirmishes in some areas.

Why does the IGP want to create unnecessary suspicion in the minds of voters now? Let the people stay and peaceful observe the votes count and hear the results at their ward. How difficult is that?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by kayboy4y(m): 10:53am On Mar 20, 2015
godoluwa:
stay there and bear the consequence all alone. wet in be my own?

If nothing concerns u then keep quiet. tongue

3 Likes

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by Trunaijian: 11:19am On Mar 20, 2015
netmillionaires:

u funny o bro. The card reader is not there to protect votes. The card reader is merely there to ensure that votes casted is equal to numbers of voters. It is been used to determine eligibility to vote and no one person will be able to vote twice. Also if the number of voters is 500 and some rigging agents brought in additional 200 it will be noticed since card reader will show 500 registered while ballot papers will show 700 votes casted.
What the card reader can't determine is who vote for who and which party. Now if we look at it this way; assumming there are 500 voters ; 300 of whom votes for APC while 200 vote for PDP and vice versa. Now PDP bribed the agents and officers and counted the 100 votes of one party as anothers or vice versa, the votes will still be 500 but the winner have been manipulated something card reader cannot point out. That's where this defend ur vote comes in. I think there should be a site to upload videos. The site should be break down from States to Local govt and then into wards. People from certain wards should post their videos in that ward so we can be able to sum it up.e.g assumming there are 57 LGA in lagos with 10 wards each. If all counted votes videos from each wards are posted accordind to wards we will be able to sum up all the votes from the 10 wards and get the results for each local government. We can then sum up d voted 4 each local govt to get the votes for each state. Finally we can then sum up the votes in each states to get the total votes for the whole federation. Just my thought though. This we Nigerians can get results by themselves rather than wait for manipulated results from INEC.... Like if U agree. Share if U disagree
we are saying the same thing. If I stay and the accredited and votes counted tally or don't tally, am I gonna make them tally or untally them? Those that want to wait should wait, those that want to go home after they cast their votes should go! Shuu... No be by force na!
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by Sobeautiful: 11:42am On Mar 20, 2015
Anybody that wants to stay back should do so. The only thing is that if anything happens to you, GEJ and buhari will continue to live, despite whoever between them won. Life is a matter of choice. Some people are afraid to even go out and vote while some say they are ready to die for politics. It's all about choice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by annurhaske(m): 12:37pm On Mar 20, 2015
I will vote and protect my vote as well,
Stupid man my ALLAH punish u.
Sai buhari don ubanka shege dan
Tsinanniya
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by sapientia(m): 12:38pm On Mar 20, 2015
netmillionaires:

No o. The card reader is for verifying how many people vote and not to verify who vote whom and which party. The rigging system b4 is simply to bring the thumb printed ballots and stuff with the votes to increase their chance of winning by a wide margin. That's y u will see 1billions counted votes when we only have about 60million eligible voters. The card reader will ensure that counted votes is equal or less than eligible voters.
Now they are trying to count one party's votes as anothers which card reader will not be able to point out.

then d card reader is always a failure.. There must be rigging.. Both by APC and PDP..

But to reduce the likelihood of violence.. The IG's directives should be stritcly adhered to
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by ekhai(m): 1:01pm On Mar 20, 2015
We must wait to defend our votes Mr IGP. No electoral crime will be committed. It worked in Edo, Ekiti and Osun states. Pls don't provoke our silence.
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by akanbiaa(m): 1:31pm On Mar 20, 2015
Pizzanatty:
I Strongly Agree With The IG. Waiting For Votes To Be Counted Will Likely Result To Violence And Unsafe For The Voters.
Stay Or Not, If There Is Need For Rigging,the Presence Voters Wont Stop It.
in Osun presence of voters stopped it after police warned people to leave after voting, people refused to leave and there was nothing police could do than to do the right thing and allow the will of the people prevail.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by ollyruffy: 2:33pm On Mar 20, 2015
Hey! Thiefs! This is the last strategy to rig oooooooo.

People please wait and defend your votes ooooo. Afterall, we are voting in our neighborhoods. We wait around until the voting ends.

Thiefs thiefs thiefs.
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by ollyruffy: 2:37pm On Mar 20, 2015
RIGGING STRATEGY BY PDP.

Vote and wait peacefully until the results are counted.
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by Babacele: 3:32pm On Mar 20, 2015
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by Babacele: 3:43pm On Mar 20, 2015
yomalex:
As if it were 1950's.
An election that has so much influence on the direction of our nation for the next 4 years. Your wife is in the hospital to give birth to your baby and you go home and sleep, who does that?
A Suleiman PDP Abba does that! we go shock them!
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by Babacele: 3:45pm On Mar 20, 2015
appini:
Tactical manoeuvres mode activated, throughout the remaining days to elections APC will know that the power of incumbency is far beyond shouting Sai Buhari.

we go see!
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by bondingman: 3:53pm On Mar 20, 2015
No waiting on polling booths after voting?
But buhari says his 150+ cows should defend their votes with their blood
Re: No Waiting At Polling Booths After Voting – IG by benzion72(m): 5:20pm On Mar 20, 2015
Billyonaire:
I always knew it was wrong to ask voters to vote and wait to defend their votes. The duty of a voter is to vote. The responsibility of the Police is to defend the electoral process. Asking voters to wait and defend their vote is policing the vote, which is the job of the police. If voters wait, they might cause violence when their party lose. Its best to renew this announcement that all voters should head home after voting and allow police and the electoral umpires to handle the rest.

You cant trust Nigeria armed forces, police etc rigging election in day light in Ekiti. People should vote and wait until the vote are counted and result declare in each polling boot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FFK Reacts To Plans By FG To Stop Entertainers From Shooting Videos Abroad / Keyamo: Whoever Ayo Adebanjo's Afenifere Endorses Usually Lose Elections / Resign If You’re Desperate To Replace Abure, LP Replies NLC President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.