Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari (81836 Views)

Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by emeka2847: 3:06am On Mar 24, 2015
OnyeIbo:
Taa!!! Buhari nwam, mechie onu (close ur mouth) undecided undecided undecided. As an Economist, what u are saying is almost impossible!!! You obviously don't know what u are saying. I blame the incompetent Nigeria for allowing you to be in this election race. See how u disgracing Nigeria with ur stupid utterances. Smart guys like me that were supporting u will now see that u have got nothing upstairs. grin grin grin
Have you read The fake vanguard story?
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 3:08am On Mar 24, 2015
emeka2847:
Have you read The fake vanguard story?
Oh! Was the story fake?
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by manny4life(m): 3:10am On Mar 24, 2015
nduchucks:

Continue to hide under arithmetic while GEJ and his gang loot you dry.

Ndu... Is this you?

I mean is this you from the good ole days? You know better than this na... Biko, let us leave mata for Mathias. You and I know even Buhari's handlers and co. are looting as well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by manny4life(m): 3:21am On Mar 24, 2015
blazes4:

so what if Nigeria does it homework well and is succesful... Consolidation of banks cost the least in Nigeria... because Soludo didnt just say this is how dey did it in so so and so place he actually improved on it... are you saying we cant improve on Ghana? Economic policies should be perculiar to your needs... USA is always shouting democracy... Democracy no dey saudi and saudi is working... when libya was under ghadafi libya was better off... in singapore lee kyun yeu of blessed memory was said to have maintained tyt grips on media and today singapore is better for it... and when he was asked about it He said he didnt follow any theory on democracy that he did what needed to be done

I am trying so hard to understand what you're talking about. Your analysis is flawed: it looks at expenditure approach which sorta, in your opinion think it gives rise to saving, but your analysis failed to look at income and investment. Without investment, there's no income, and without income, there's no expenditure.

What I am saying is Ghana is an unrealistic model and we cannot rely on their basis to model ours. No matter how well you plan it; no matter the homework involved; no matter the level of Nigeria's economic prowess, any country attempting to equal the $$$ will have their fate sealed. The GBP is higher than the U.S. $$$, ask yourself, do they have the same income and investment like the U.S.? What's their PP compared to the U.S.? A lower naira with the right environment will stimulate success in our economy.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by fallout87: 3:23am On Mar 24, 2015
dollarlander:

So you joined Nairaland this year January, because you think you have something intellectual to contribute in this forum. Your aim is to have platform to attack buhari who ruled Nigeria when you were never born and whose intention is to help build you a nation void of corruption so that for ones you can live as a human being in a place you call your country.

A 13 year old boy came to me, he said daddy please help me vote buhari, I said can you convince me 5 reasons why I should vote buhari he said he did not know there was a man who is capable of putting all these big men, who are stealing Nigeria money, in prison and collect all our stolen wealth from them. I was short of words.

If a 13 years old boy, who wasn't born in the 80's when 1$ was 1.44 naira could reason that way how much more you that is an adult should have reasoned provided you are in your right senses.

Buhari has his facts to propel naira back to where it was before corruption was legalised in Nigeria.

All he needs to do is to make war against corrupt people like you. Collect all the billions of dollars you have stolen and place them back in reserve. If this is done within one year alone, you won't believe where naira value will be.

Then restructure economy from hyper dependence on oil and stop exporting crude oil and importing refined products.

Assuming that you are a normal human being, a normal Nigerian who desire to live like a king in his own country. At least I lived before 80s and I know what it is to live when things are good. You will support agenda that diversifies economy and reenergise all sectors of economy for growth.

The shale oil in America will kill many economies around the world who depend on oil to survive. The oil money will continue to fall and American dollar will continue to be stronger because they are self sufficient in the area of oil.

Nigeria naira will continue to depreciate as long as we cannot refine our oil and distribute ourselves which cannot be sufficient for our local consumption because of our local demand

Bros, don't allow politicians who lived before you give you inverted stories that will continue to deplete your life as a Nigeria citizen. You can live better than this if you have a leader with the right focus like buhari.

I'm waiting for your reply. I dey house for you this morning.

Can you save this your nonsense story and actually address what was being said? Tell me how Buhari will do this or shut up

Do not say collect stolen billions again. That is not a solution and the report Sanusi made was proven false. No more propaganda and lies.

4 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by LogicPower(m): 3:26am On Mar 24, 2015
1. It is quite pathetic how intellectually lazy people have become these days, making it so easy for unscrupulous, dishonest, unprofessional and compromised 'journalists' to deceive so many people, for so long, without the gullible lot realizing it.

2. Otherwise, how come that this clear misrepresentation of GMB's remark would reach so many pages of comments on NL yet nobody was enable to figure out that even by the original story on Vanguard, there is NO WHERE the people's general mentions that he would 'make naira equal in value to dollar'!.

3. You do not need any professional journalistic training to know that for this news story to have been given the headline it was given, the body of the story would reasonably be expected to have a direct quote of GMB explaining in his own words this issue of utmost policy significance.

4. Although this would not matter much for those who have decided either way, such a direct quote would allow enlightened, unbiased minds to join the debate and judge him fairly; more importantly, it would portray the NAN reporter and the Vanguard online editor as objective and fair journalists.

5. If there is no direct quote of GMB saying he would 'make naira equal in value to dollar' in the entire original story, then how come this conjecture was made the headline of the news story?

6. And since there is only one direct quote of GMB in there whole story (“It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy,’’), why wasn't the headline of the story based on that quoted remark?

7. Well, the answer to the two questions above is clear: the dishonest reporter of NAN (one of the FG's mouthpieces) or the corrupt and compromised Vanguard's online 'editor' knew exactly what he/she wanted to achieve, which is, to serve his/her PDP paymasters by playing along their campaign strategy of damaging the image and reputation of GMB as badly as they can.

8. But it is quite heart-warming to see that in spite of all the billion-dollar campaigns of calumny against Buhari, the popularity of the people's general is only rising all over the country.

9. Even in the SE/SS/MB, the political terrain has completely changed from 2011 in favour of the amiable general, as a result of which he is now SURELY going to get a far BIGGER SHARE of the SE/SS/BM votes on Saturday, while GEJ's share of the NW/NE/SW votes is going to SHRINK drastically from what it was in 2011.

10. Simply compare GMB's highly successful rally in Imo yesterday, and the reception he got naturally from the ordinary people on the street, with the situation in 2011, when his chances in the SE were so slim, his campaign resources so meagre, and the structure of his party (CPC) so scantily present that he could not even manage to campaign at all in the region.

6 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by adefunke34: 3:27am On Mar 24, 2015
My dear buhari boko haram can't help you in this one o angry, you should go and make your certificate first before thinking of becoming the president of graduates grin GEJ all the way
wakacome:
[b]In the land of "Jon" located at the city of "athan"so much people suffered from a disease called "corr"which broke out from the river called river "uption"this disease killed so many people living in that city but their king called king "stea"L of the "ing"kingdom do not even know what to do but he had to consult a friend of his who is also a king of another city called "clue"from the tribes of "less",he told his friend the problem he is facing in his own city and his friend told him that they should consult the gods of "bu"in the "hari"shrine ,"bu"revealed to them that they can stop the disease of"corr"which was caused by river"uption" he said they need to perform a sacrifice of "dis"to the tribes of "ci" in lake "pline","bu"also revealed to them that they should consult a spiritual priest named "inte"who hails from the city of "grity"he said the priest is the one to do the rituals, the king obeyed the instructions and there after all the people of the land of "jon"in the city of "athan finally"got saved after "Bu"of the greatest "hari"answered their prayers,...everyone in that city was happy that they were saved from the disease of "corr"caused by the river "uption"...so that was how the people of the city of "athan"choosed the gods of "Bu"and decided to worship at the "hari"shrine so that they can continue to have a better life,even the king worshipped "bu"of the "hari"kingdom and begged him to take control of the city so that they can continue to live a very better life.....

Wakacome[/b]
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by bigtt76(f): 3:32am On Mar 24, 2015
This must have been the turning typing which made the former US envoy think GMB is going to be a bad choice for Nigeria grin for goodness sake you doing wake up and fix your exchange rate when there are factors (internal and external) that help determine same.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by fallout87: 3:33am On Mar 24, 2015
I am still waiting for one of you Buhari lovers to tell me what he will do??

- Saying he will do it without an explanation is not an answer.

- Saying stolen money would fix it is not an answer. That is false.

Tell me the actual tactic he will use. Will he increase interest rates? Will he still dollars and buy up naira?

Use intelligence to respond. I will be waiting
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Humblesam(m): 3:34am On Mar 24, 2015
millionboi:
Who is dis old man decivin

Himself and other brainless fooooollowers.
I don't know who brought this man into politics.
Someone should tell him that we are no longer at that era when my dad used to promise me a private jet if I could come first in my class,and I believed him with my entire soul and put in my everything not really because of the feelings that come from being the best in your class but simply because of the fake promise my dad made to me...Now,that was then.

I tried same with my child and he was like," Dad promise what you can fulfil,remember all liers go to hell ", and I was speechless. shocked
What am trying to say is that this generation is wiser,Oga Buhari should stop fooling himself. It's not funny any more.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by LogicPower(m): 3:34am On Mar 24, 2015
fallout87:

Tell me the actual tactic he will use. Will he increase interest rates? Will he still dollars and buy up naira?

1. It is quite pathetic how intellectually lazy people have become these days, making it so easy for unscrupulous, dishonest, unprofessional and compromised 'journalists' to deceive so many people, for so long, without the gullible lot realizing it.

2. Otherwise, how come that this clear misrepresentation of GMB's remark would reach so many pages of comments on NL yet nobody was enable to figure out that even by the original story on Vanguard, there is NO WHERE the people's general mentions that he would 'make naira equal in value to dollar'!.

3. You do not need any professional journalistic training to know that for this news story to have been given the headline it was given, the body of the story would reasonably be expected to have a direct quote of GMB explaining in his own words this issue of utmost policy significance.

4. Although this would not matter much for those who have decided either way, such a direct quote would allow enlightened, unbiased minds to join the debate and judge him fairly; more importantly, it would portray the NAN reporter and the Vanguard online editor as objective and fair journalists.

5. If there is no direct quote of GMB saying he would 'make naira equal in value to dollar' in the entire original story, then how come this conjecture was made the headline of the news story?

6. And there is only one direct quote of GMB in there whole story (“It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy,’’), why wasn't the headline of the story based on that quoted remark?

7. Well, the answers to the two questions above are clear: the dishonest reporter of NAN (one of the FG's mouthpieces) or the corrupt and compromised Vanguard's online 'editor' knew exactly what he/she wanted to achieve, which is, to serve his PDP paymasters by playing along their campaign strategy of damaging the image and reputation of GMB as badly as they can.

8. But it is quite heart-warming to see that in spite of all the billion-dollar campaigns of calumny against Buhari, the popularity of the people's general is only rising all over the country.

9. Even in the SE/SS/MB, the political terrain has completely changed from 2011 in favour of the amiable general, as a result of which he is now SURELY going to get a far BIGGER SHARE of the SE/SS/BM votes on Saturday, while GEJ's share of the NW/NE/SW votes is going to SHRINK drastically from what it was in 2011.

10. Simply compare GMB's highly successful rally in Imo yesterday, and the reception he got naturally from the ordinary people on the street, with the situation in 2011, when his chances in the SE were so slim, his campaign resources so meagre, and the structure of his party (CPC) so scantily present that he could not even manage to campaign at all in the region.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by fallout87: 3:37am On Mar 24, 2015
bigtt76:
for goodness sake you doing wake up and fix your exchange rate when there are factors (internal and external) that help determine same.

This is why I call Buhari supporters fools. Can you imagine they think only internal mechanisms influence the naira? They completely ignore the external factors, then they claim to be educated?

It is no wonder they believe him when he says he will stabilize oil prices as if he has the external influence to do so.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by princejayboss: 3:38am On Mar 24, 2015
Princecalm:
This is someone that understands the economy speaking and not the clueless one who keeps Naira unstable.

Did you hear yourself .... Keep making a public show of your sorry self....

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by princejayboss: 3:45am On Mar 24, 2015
Princecalm:
can you compare Nigeria's population to that of China?

Stop making useless argument here .... Better ask those who knows better than you

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by SirShymexx: 3:47am On Mar 24, 2015
Omooba77:

Even Japan,China can not achieve this

Lol. Japan and China artificially keep their currencies low for trade surplus...you're just as ignorant as who you're trying to attack.

Regardless, it's possible, but the Nigerian central bank will have to detach itself from the normal floating rates based on the gold standard. However, it doesn't make any economic sense whatsoever for a country like Nigeria. Or perhaps, he's trying to ditch the naira for a new currency. Even that doesn't make sense.

Darn! If the man actually made the statement - not sensationalism, and his words taken out of context - he needs to stop talking about the economy and focus on his expertise.

Anyway, regardless of his gaffes - he's still miles ahead of GEJ cerebrally - GEJ took illiteracy to stratosphere. grin

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by FOLLOWJESUS: 3:51am On Mar 24, 2015
[quote author=Omooba77 post=31930021]Owerri – The All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, on Monday said he would ensure that the Naira was equal to the dollar in value, if voted into office.
Buhari stated this during the South-East presidential rally of the party at Dan Anyima Stadium, Owerri.

“It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy,’’ he said.
He urged the people to vote for APC, noting that he would ensure that corruption was tackled headlong if elected.

Earlier, Gov Rochas Okorocha had urged APC supporters to vote for the party’s candidates at all levels, noting that a vote for Buhari without support to others at the state would amount to nothing.
Okorocha said Buhari would address the problem of electricity, bring back the kidnapped Chibok girls and promote industrial growth.

He said that Buhari was loved by the people in the region and urged them to elect him and other APC candidates during the March 28 and April 11 general elections.

Former governor of Anambra, Mr Chinwoke Mbadinuju and former Minister of Education, Chinwe Obaji, were formally welcomed to the APC at the rally.

The rally was attended by APC supporters from Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, Enugu and Imo. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-Nbuhari/#sthash.eALwzZ4V.dpuf[/quote Nigeria is in serlious problem if this kind of person becomes president we will always cover our faces in shame.this man doesn't understand anything all,No diference between this man and Bakinsuwo whom press ask him how many types of minaral resurses he has in his state and he start mentioning coke fanta sprite etc,Is it not the same Buhari who said he will stablise oil price today he says he will make naira equal to doller, The world is watching.GOD forbid that this mumu will be our president.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 3:51am On Mar 24, 2015
Buhari should be conscious of his campaign promises as they might be used against him if finally elected and fails to accomplish his dozen of promises ...

BUY VERY AFFORDABLE MTN DATA .
we sell cheap MTN internet data bundles cus we buy in bulk thereby gaining certain privileges etc.
When you buy MTN INTERNET data from us, you pay less while getting the same speed, same quality and same duration as the normal subscription.
Our MTN data plans has a validity period of ONE MONTH and works on all devices such as Android, BB10, iPhone, iPad, Windows Phone, Tablets, Modem etc.
1GB = #1,200.

if interested, kindly contact me via sms or Whatsapp - 07062027524.

Kind Regards.

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by demandtruth: 3:51am On Mar 24, 2015
fallout87:

This is why I call Buhari supporters fools. Can you imagine they think only internal mechanisms influence the naira? They completely ignore the external factors, then they claim to be educated?

It is no wonder they believe him when he says he will stabilize oil prices as if he has the external influence to do so.

You are emotionally repose of people that have better grasp of the topic in discuss

What you wrote just contradict your opinion

How can devaluation of naira help export without taking
into consideration the external factor such as market and costs value

Moreover, you had been taking over by your absurdity
such that you failed to read what Buhari said
which is clearly in quote
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by pinkshell(f): 4:04am On Mar 24, 2015
I have two questions for u.
1. Wld you rather prefer, dat the naira value keeps depreciating, So dat ur beloved dangote can keep making mony wile u are roasting in nigeria?

2. What of countries, wu took dat chance of strenghtening dia currency dem quench? Isn't it so obvious u are for jonathan, ur 1st 7 lines shows u r in excrutiating pain(plz use ibuprofen) hehehe.

Lastly u seem to care too much about dangote n rich biz men #Scoffs. Am sorry to break dis news to you, oga dem no see u. Dis ppl don't give a F about u.

The oly prob I av wit dis politicians is, dey make too many promises. Just pick a sector, and work on it, and after 4yrs waka,n let anoda person continue frm wia u stop.
Stop making impossible promises, even God, took 6days to perfect earth.

PapaBrowne:

Are you serious Your speech just gave you off as someone who lacks complete understanding of Economics>

Illiteracy no be moi moi oh!! Ha! So if someone tells you he will equate the value to the dollar you would just swallow it hook line and sinker??
What were you doing when others were attending Economics class??

For the Naira to be equal to the dollar, you would need to see our dollar reserve rate go to something like a trillion dollars!! Even with 20 years of 20% economic growth rate, we would probably not be there!!

Now the bigger lesson for you is that a very strong Naira is not good for our country especially if you want to produce goods and export competitively..
Now let me explain that to you:
A bag of Dangote cement sells for 1500 Naira.
When the dollar was 160 Naira, that bag of cement was equal to $9.
At the new rate of 215 Naira, that same bag of cement is now equal to $7.
That means if Dangote wants to sell his cement in Albania, he has a better price point than he would have had 5 months ago.

Now imagine the Naira is exchanging at 5 Naira to a dollar.
That same bag of cement would now be equal to $300. Where on planet earth would he be able to sell his bag of cement at that price??

Any country that desires to produce and export to the rest of the globe, prays for a weaker currency to allow its goods better pricing amongst competitors. If Buhari understands economics, he will never pray for a very strong Naira except of course he wants us to keep importing everything!!

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 4:26am On Mar 24, 2015
PapaBrowne:

Are you serious Your speech just gave you off as someone who lacks complete understanding of Economics>

Illiteracy no be moi moi oh!! Ha! So if someone tells you he will equate the value to the dollar you would just swallow it hook line and sinker??

For the Naira to be equal to the dollar, you would need to see our dollar reserve rate go to something like a trillion dollars!! Even with 20 years of 20% economic growth rate, we would probably not be there!!

Now the bigger lesson for you is that a very strong Naira is not good for our country especially if you want to produce goods and export competitively..
That means if Dangote wants to sell his cement in Albania, he has a better price point than he would have had 5 months ago.

That same bag of cement would now be equal to $300. Where on planet earth would he be able to sell his bag of cement at that price??

Any country that desires to produce and export to the rest of the globe, prays for a weaker currency to allow its goods better pricing amongst competitors. If Buhari understands economics, he will never pray for a very strong Naira except of course he wants us to keep importing everything!!

lecture 'em on that sir.u must be a Banker sir,can we chat sir?3333BF7B
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by crisycent: 4:37am On Mar 24, 2015
fallout87:
That is one of the stupidest utterances in this election if it is true.

Does this Buhari not understand inflation? He obviously doesn't understand a thing about GDP or the economy...

Him no go school nau. Na d way dem dey reason like goat for North.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by otipoju(m): 4:40am On Mar 24, 2015
PapaBrowne:

Your argument although fine sounding is lopsided.

I will not waste my time to analyse it...

How can someone be telling me that it is better for the currency to be weak. What advantages are there in weakness.

The Dangote that you are quick mention lost 7 billion naira due to the devaluation of the naira and lost his place in the richest men rankings.. So what are you saying?

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by greatnow: 4:43am On Mar 24, 2015
Buhari abeg drop me for the next bustop I no dey follow your bus again....how can u say such nonsense? Illitracy at its peak

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by DECOtech(m): 5:03am On Mar 24, 2015
Timoleon:

personaly i think yous secondary school owes you some money. you think theres a mistake when they use quotation marks on some section of d article? when you write a report, all statements made by persons come in quotes, vanguard didnt quote that, u think it was a mistake? and they quoted the statement about a weak naira being bad for the country? please believe what you want, you av a mind of your own and especially owe me nothing in form of explanation.....sorry about d secodary skul talk too. gudnyt.

How about I call you "APC mugu" and later say sorry about that when I cld have just deleted the name I called you.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by 19naia(m): 5:06am On Mar 24, 2015
Its possible to do it, but not without adjustments such that inverts the inflation so that the goods devalue in accordance with the Naira value increase..
Countries like Ecuador, Panama, and Elsavador all use the US$ and Panama actually has a designated currency called the Balboa which is equal to the US dollar, but the people simply choose to use the US$ instead... The difference is, when they spend the US dollar their country, it buys much more local goods and services than it does in the US.. You can increase the value of the currency but not without balancing out by deflating the value of goods sold in the country... It can be done just as ghana did with the Cedi.. Knock a few zeros off the currency value or just divide by the needed fraction to make a one to one trade, but establish that the same divison and fractioning be done at point of sale of goods and services... <See Nigerians trying to continue to charge 5-10naira for pure water in plastic, even after the naira comes down to equal the US$> shocked

It can be done as long as all other necessary factors are adjusted as well.... In the end, it makes no real difference... The correct way to go, is to increase wages and vital industry subsidies and investments in infrastructure in the country... This will grow the GDP.. Doing like china to keep prices low for export advantages, is not good for the people of the nation even though it is good for the accounting books of the big industries of nation..It only keeps majority of the people in poverty...

The great competition for value in the world currency market is not as important as setting up an equitable land of people who are not suffering just to support exports and imports they cannot afford to buy... Some countries that have done well with unique products that sell well on the international market and command a very good price, have found that they cannot afford their own home grown product because the high wage countries have driven up the price and demand for it abroad. Most Chinese cant afford many of the products they make for america, like apple Computers and phones..

Peru grows a crop called Quinoa, it is native to their land and people and a long time staple of their diets... It is in such high demand in USA and beyond, that the export price is now more than what the native growers can afford to pay to eat it, so they sell it overseas and eat rice and corn instead... Quinoa is a better food, but they have been out bid in Peru and Bolivia from their own home grown produce... Imagine common Nigerians not able to afford sugar, yam or palm oil, because the international export price and demand,grows higher than what Nigerians can produce and afford to pay, so the farmers sell it all abroad for more $ while the Nigerian people have to do without.. Be careful what you wish for, you just may get it... Focus on equitable living for all people of Nigeria and no need worry how the Naira compares to dollar..

If they do reset the Naira to equal One US$, people with 10kNaira monthly salary will be rich..Its only 2k$ monthly needed in average America to be comfortably above poverty with a house and small new car and eating well... So, it will be so outrageous that it will automatically drive the naira value down again because so much money around makes people spend wild and pay outrageous prices just because they can.. And they will do so until even water cost 10 naira again from the hawkers.. Its like when all people are millionaire, everything will be charged at a millionaires rate until a million is no longer much money.. When millionaires move into an area, it quickly drives up the prices until they have to spend more of their money just to continue to be there..

Nigeria will have to adjust and maybe even issue new currency where only the new currency is allowed to be traded at the new value... The cost and hassle of making a new currency is much... And then add that the Nigerian market cultrue is inherently destined to inflation by the constant corruption and overpricing of uderperforming quality and relability... The market culture needs to change.. The US is a place where you go with your currencyUS$ to the market or point of sale, and you get a standard price with no rampant culture of price gougeing tactics that require haggling all the time.. Also the measures to control trade and exchange, are complex and not so incompetent at following through with enforcing what is right for a stable economy and associated factors....
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by dekoko87: 5:11am On Mar 24, 2015
PapaBrowne:

You have a good point but you are keeping some variables constant. If $1 is equal to N1, what happen to the cost of production of say Dangote Cement? The imported raw materials and machinery cost will be less cos its bought in Dollars. The price of Dangote Cement will definitely come down. It won't be N1500.

Think that way too

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Dapsynzeal(m): 5:18am On Mar 24, 2015
But why are some Nigerians so lazy to get facts and real story..Please go back and read the quote on Buhari and point where he said he will equal the naira to the dollars..This is just madness for some journalists to write and create poo and some idiots falling for it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Genius100: 5:21am On Mar 24, 2015
fallout87:

You are obviously a crass mo-ron. The answer to your stupid a_ss question is Buhari never said he will make the Naira and dollar equal in value. Now go Bleep yourself if you want to continue to peddle false information..
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by ayindejimmy(m): 5:24am On Mar 24, 2015
fallout87:
That is one of the stupidest utterances in this election if it is true.

Does this Buhari not understand inflation? He obviously doesn't understand a thing about GDP or the economy...

are you dumb or just clueless? where in the statement above did you hear him say he will make dollar to be same as Naira?
the title of the tread is meant to misled people like you ...same way Aishat statement was twisted in Edo
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by ziccoit: 5:31am On Mar 24, 2015
Equal in value does not necessarily mean unit for unit. IMO, N80-100/$1 is equal in value if we compare economy growth of Nigeria vs USA.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by ghananotnaija(m): 5:32am On Mar 24, 2015
grin Clueless fisherman vs illiterate abokee. No matter which one wins, Nigeria is doomed. Things are looking good for Ghana. God bless the land and people of Ghana. AMEN.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Werehkpe: 5:43am On Mar 24, 2015
Omooba77:
Owerri – The All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, on Monday said he would ensure that the Naira was equal to the dollar in value, if voted into office.
Buhari stated this during the South-East presidential rally of the party at Dan Anyima Stadium, Owerri.

“It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy,’’ he said.
He urged the people to vote for APC, noting that he would ensure that corruption was tackled headlong if elected.

Earlier, Gov Rochas Okorocha had urged APC supporters to vote for the party’s candidates at all levels, noting that a vote for Buhari without support to others at the state would amount to nothing.
Okorocha said Buhari would address the problem of electricity, bring back the kidnapped Chibok girls and promote industrial growth.

He said that Buhari was loved by the people in the region and urged them to elect him and other APC candidates during the March 28 and April 11 general elections.

Former governor of Anambra, Mr Chinwoke Mbadinuju and former Minister of Education, Chinwe Obaji, were formally welcomed to the APC at the rally.

The rally was attended by APC supporters from Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, Enugu and Imo. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-buhari/#sthash.eALwzZ4V.dpuf

[size=13pt]PLEASE WHERE DID HE SAY HE WILL MAKE THE DOLLAR EQUAL TO THE NAIRA? Its all these fake headlines that have helped put us in this present mess.

VANGUARD SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THIS HEADLINE AND EVEN SUED[/size]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (29) (Reply)

Sunday Aghaeze: New York People Dirty & Smelly- Buhari Camera Man Blasts America / Nollywood Actors Meet Bola Tinubu (Photo) / Death: Abba Kyari’s Last Moments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.