Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,214 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari (81952 Views)

Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by olaide721(m): 7:05am On Mar 24, 2015
fallout87:
That is one of the stupidest utterances in this election if it is true.

Does this Buhari not understand inflation? He obviously doesn't understand a thing about GDP or the economy...
U that understand can u please tell us what really makes our GDP to rise or do u think all this things just skyrocket automatically? Hen d economist
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by bejeria101(m): 7:05am On Mar 24, 2015
There he goes again,using the wrong drugs. Dis dude always amazes me

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by olaide721(m): 7:06am On Mar 24, 2015
fallout87:
That is one of the stupidest utterances in this election if it is true.

Does this Buhari not understand inflation? He obviously doesn't understand a thing about GDP or the economy...
U that understand can u please tell us what really are the "factors" that makes our GDP to rise or do u think all this things just skyrocket automatically? Hen d economist
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by LogicPower(m): 7:06am On Mar 24, 2015
ZUBY77:

Yes my man.. The almajiri will go to Washington and order Obama to make the currencies equal or face Boko Haram from Nigeria..

After telling us he will determine the crude oil price, he now wants to make Dollar equal with naira.

The problem is that we are dealing with a man who doesn't understand the meaning of economy.

Why not make naira to be higher than Dollars, just like Euros and pounds.. He can achieve that too.

He just lost my vote.

1. It is quite pathetic how intellectually lazy people have become these days, making it so easy for unscrupulous, dishonest, unprofessional and compromised 'journalists' to deceive so many people, for so long, without the gullible lot realizing it.

2. Otherwise, how come that this clear misrepresentation of GMB's remark would reach so many pages of comments on NL yet nobody was enable to figure out that even by the original story on Vanguard, there is NO WHERE the people's general mentions that he would 'make naira equal in value to dollar'!.

3. You do not need any professional journalistic training to know that for this news story to have been given the headline it was given, the body of the story would reasonably be expected to have a direct quote of GMB explaining in his own words this issue of utmost policy significance.

4. Although this would not matter much for those who have decided either way, such a direct quote would allow enlightened, unbiased minds to join the debate and judge him fairly; more importantly, it would portray the NAN reporter and the Vanguard online editor as objective and fair journalists.

5. If there is no direct quote of GMB saying he would 'make naira equal in value to dollar' in the entire original story, then how come this conjecture was made the headline of the news story?

6. And there is only one direct quote of GMB in there whole story (“It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy,’’), why wasn't the headline of the story based on that quoted remark?

7. Well, the answer to the two questions above is clear: the dishonest reporter of NAN (one of the FG's mouthpieces) or the corrupt and compromised Vanguard's online 'editor' knew exactly what he/she wanted to achieve, which is, to serve his/her PDP paymasters by playing along their campaign strategy of damaging the image and reputation of GMB as badly as they can.

8. But it is quite heart-warming to see that in spite of all the billion-dollar campaigns of calumny against Buhari, the popularity of the people's general is only rising all over the country.

9. Even in the SE/SS/MB, the political terrain has completely changed from 2011 in favour of the amiable general, as a result of which he is now SURELY going to get a far BIGGER SHARE of the SE/SS/BM votes on Saturday, while GEJ's share of the NW/NE/SW votes is going to SHRINK drastically from what it was in 2011.

10. Simply compare GMB's highly successful rally in Imo yesterday, and the reception he got naturally from the ordinary people on the street, with the situation in 2011, when his chances in the SE were so slim, his campaign resources so meagre, and the structure of his party (CPC) so scantily present that he could not even manage to campaign at all in the region.

5 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by hope4nigeria(m): 7:08am On Mar 24, 2015
234GT:

Unfortunately for your dumbass, this is a democracy, and a democratically elected president cannot jail people. Only a court of law can jail people after due process. Many fools in Nigeria are still thinking that Buhari will get there today and order the arrest and imprisonment of Jonathan the second day, and that is the end of corruption.
I know that's how thief/Ole/Barawo like you will think! Read your constitution well.you'l understand the power if executive arm of government in fight against corruption. Obasanjo show you a litle tru EFCC, Yar'dua show you tru Rule of law(when many PDP gov were removed,replaced by opposition) I don't know if u r a kid to forget in a hurry that of Tafa balogun! Those one will be Nothing compare to what GMB will do to thiefs, my friend, prepare to go to jail. Theeeeeiffffff!
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Franky9584(m): 7:10am On Mar 24, 2015
Hahaha, am not suprise at all, wot do u expected frm an old weak man, mayb his old age has entered his brain. (u know old pple often talk lik kids)
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Kingsley4all(m): 7:10am On Mar 24, 2015
Wow! This has shown that this candidate has Nothing to offer do you think it is a personal affair? After Election everything will be normalized. Tell us what you want to do for the country. GEJ have my vote for sure...
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Homguy(m): 7:11am On Mar 24, 2015
Omooba77:

This is economy jargon,ask jarus
are you daft? Weren't you aware Charles soludo wanted to redenominate the naira but was stopped by this clueless mugu we calll president because he and his cabal alleged not being told? Don't you know that redenominating the naira, would severely reduce exchange rate especially on the long term while boosting economic activities? That was same thing that was done in Ghana, now they fare better than the average Nigerian.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Franky9584(m): 7:11am On Mar 24, 2015
Hahaha, am not suprise at all, wot do u expect frm a weak, clueless n old man, mayb his old age has entered his brain. (u know old pple often talk lik kids)
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by hope4nigeria(m): 7:11am On Mar 24, 2015
234GT:

Unfortunately for your dumbass, this is a democracy, and a democratically elected president cannot jail people. Only a court of law can jail people after due process. Many fools in Nigeria are still thinking that Buhari will get there today and order the arrest and imprisonment of Jonathan the second day, and that is the end of corruption.
I know that's how thief/Ole/Barawo like you will think! Read your constitution well.you'l understand the power if executive arm of government in fight against corruption. Obasanjo show you a litle tru EFCC, Yar'dua show you tru Rule of law(when many PDP gov were removed,replaced by opposition) I don't know if u r a kid to forget in a hurry that of Tafa balogun! Those one will be Nothing compare to what GMB will do to thiefs,I don't blame you,because Jonathan is a thieef,he is unable to show you what power CinC has! my friend, prepare to go to jail. Theeeeeiffffff!
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Franky9584(m): 7:13am On Mar 24, 2015
Homguy:
are you daft? Weren't you aware Charles soludo wanted to redenominate the naira but was stopped by this clueless mugu we calll president because he and his cabal alleged not being told? Don't you know that redenominating the naira, would severely reduce exchange rate especially on the long term while boosting economic activities? That was same thing that was done in Ghana, now they fare better than the average Nigerian.
oga, go and do ur research wel
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by chibecanglobal(m): 7:14am On Mar 24, 2015
Werehkpe:

MY First question is DID YOU READ THE STORY AT ALL?

There is no is where in that article that Buhari is quoted to have said what Vanguard is claiming he said.

Problem with Nigerians is we ONLY READ HEADLINES
bros hold ur breath abeg and search for the video on youtube and see as the baba said that or have you forgotten his previous utterances?
Look! you are more qualified,more phy sically fit than this GMB to be entrusted with the leadership of this nation now going by the man s numerous gaffes. You need no rocket science to know that he has nothing upstair to lead a 21 century nation.
Take a sober reflection and vote wisely.The chioce you make with your PVC will make a big difference in the nation annals of history.
Vote wisely
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by SirShymexx: 7:14am On Mar 24, 2015
Cwhyte:

I know you are trying to make a point, but that calculations you got up there is lame.
The stronger the Naira the cheaper the prices of commodities.
As at the time 5 Naira would be exchanged for 1 dollar, the prices of cement would have dropped to about N45, so Dangote would still get $9 dollar return.

Don't just know economics, know maths too.

I think the guy's explanation is just as obtuse as those he's trying to educate since Nigeria doesn't produce anything and its economy is dependent on only commodity export - unlike a country like China which can easily keep its currency low artificially to maximise the high exchange rates for trade surplus. Talking about saying a lot without saying zilch.

Though in a blank space - putting the naira on the same value as the dollar, without improvement of the economy to make it float with the gold standard doesn't make any sense cos it won't change anything - just a mere bubble. With things remaining the same, albeit with less paper value.

Anyway, it seems it's just sensationalism by PDPlonkers.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by philips70(m): 7:15am On Mar 24, 2015
highmood:
and on ur family. No matter what u think, it is not a surprise if his intention was not clearly stated. Have you forgetting this same man had said he will stabilize the price of oil or something similar? Or now you think he could not have said so? You gullible bushy animal that went to Cambridge university.

Idiots like you also twisted his comments on world oil price all in a bid to forcefully make Nigerians elect the friend of criminals of Nigeria from Otuoke back to Aso Rock. 4 days to elections you guys are still not resting in the useless propaganda. Newspapers have been procured, foreign hustling and hungry envoys have been whipped in line with dollars but one thing is for sure. Nobody can hold back an idea whose time has come and the handwriting Is on the wall. MENE MENE TEKEL UPHARSIN meaning Buhari is our next president and Jonathan is on his way to kirikiri including Mama Piss and the three.some partner Diezani.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 7:16am On Mar 24, 2015
kendrick9:
Just like he said the will reduce world oil price.. is this man dreaming?
Someone who doesn't have a certificate,lol
Gej till 2019

And does GEJ's certificate make him credible?
Did he read how to be a President in the university?
I bet you don't even knw what GEJ read or what field he got his doctorate degree from.

Yet you have come here just to air your ignorance, I bet you were the reason why they say common sense is not common.

Grow sense bro or better still buy some

SAI GMB come March 28

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by ribbit: 7:16am On Mar 24, 2015
bdidi:

Well this is the more reason GEJ must continue cos he has made the step to the right direction.
what step in the right direction? Did China devalue their currency before Industrial Revolution? Did Japan also do that? If anything at all, it will kill the little industries we have left since most of these industries still rely on importations of raw materials from America and other western nations.. People will continue to lose their jobs. It will take decades if not century before industrial revolution could happen in Nigeria due to the fact that there is no power, infrastructures etc needed. A sane government that thinks ahead will first tackle those areas before devaluation of currency and not the other way around.
You think investors will troop to Nigeria that has no security of lives and property, bad light and poor infrastructures..?

Since they have been devaluing your currency, how have you been better for it?

Jonathan administration is totally insane and doesn't deserve even one more minute after his thrice accursed regime expires

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by erisegun: 7:18am On Mar 24, 2015
cutieemperorh:
Wetin we no go hear for this election period...

Abeg vote for me too for president, I will make manner fall from heaven...lolz

Its either this pple think we are that gullible or clueless.

This is why I think people need atleast an authentic senior secondary school certificate to contest for president in this country...

#SimpleEconomicsIsNeeded
d one wit PH.D has failed us*lets giv d man wit no certificate a chance*
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by jenny53(f): 7:19am On Mar 24, 2015
Princecalm:
you are the one that don't, Ged measures of tackling inflation was poor.
Princecalm:
Princecalm:
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 7:19am On Mar 24, 2015
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 7:19am On Mar 24, 2015
Seem Buhari has just finish smoking weed when saying
We want Nigeria to be like U.S but it we re not even helping ourselves, because of religion,tribe and little money that some people will see during this election period have make some people to think low.
If this two presidential candidate truly want to serve us, they should stop campaign and come to DO DEBATE. Then we'll ask Buhari how he want to make Naira and Dollar thesame.
Both GEJ and Buhari are just deceiving us. Wake up 9ja #ABJCASH'
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by onyibajoe(m): 7:22am On Mar 24, 2015
Princecalm:
This is someone that understands the economy speaking and not the clueless one who keeps Naira unstable.
Now I know that all of you calling GEJ clueless are the ones who really are. I tell you, you never came across elementary Economics.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Princecalm(m): 7:24am On Mar 24, 2015
visalo:

Like father like son. Look at what illiteracy is doing
like the clueless ged like his followers

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 24, 2015
Filmewell:

i was seriously reading comments until urs that got me laughing.
cheesy
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Princecalm(m): 7:25am On Mar 24, 2015
Bwelz:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

IT TELLS HOW "WORSE" CLUELESS YOU ARE! IS YOUR ECONOMIC STRENGHT A FUNCTION OF HOW YOUR NAIRA EXCHANGE FOR A DOLLAR? I PITY THIS COUNTRY. PLEASE PICK UP YOUR SS1 ECON0MICS TEXTBOOK.
ged has been using his ss1 knowledge to rule us

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by tuetaraya(m): 7:27am On Mar 24, 2015
Princecalm:
can you compare Nigeria's population to that of China?
brothers pls it's better not to strengthen the currency for developing countries cos this will boost exportation, that's why countries like Japan and China will never make there currency as strong as dollars. In China case they have de-valued it several times
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by ribbit: 7:28am On Mar 24, 2015
ZUBY77:

Yes my man.. The almajiri will go to Washington and order Obama to make the currencies equal or face Boko Haram from Nigeria..

After telling us he will determine the crude oil price, he now wants to make Dollar equal with naira.

The problem is that we are dealing with a man who doesn't understand the meaning of economy.

Why not make naira to be higher than Dollars, just like Euros and pounds.. He can achieve that too.

He just lost my vote.
shatap.. Who cares what you think? You were never going to vote for Buhari in the first place so stop acting as if you wanted to vote? You only have one vote, please kindly give it to the clueless man.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by popoolay: 7:29am On Mar 24, 2015
He should tell us how he hopes to achieve that. Does Buhari think the world economy is all about selling sugar cane and suya? Does he even understand the working dynamics of the world economy? What a clueless man he is. Oh! I have forgotten, age is no longer on his side.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by ChrisArs: 7:29am On Mar 24, 2015
It is a petty to those that support this guy,he doesn't even understand anything about economy.What russia couldn't achieve this guy without certificate want to achieve.GEJ TILL 2019
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Demdem(m): 7:30am On Mar 24, 2015
ibietela2:

You won't see any of them here..... berem, demdem, egift

Fool, am here now...............show me where Buhari stated such as against what the PDP Paper claimed he stated.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Homguy(m): 7:32am On Mar 24, 2015
Franky9584:

oga, go and do ur research wel
you should take this advice yourself first.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by Seun360(m): 7:34am On Mar 24, 2015
[b]Buhari never said so, Nairaland with another lie.
Re: I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari by prettyrosiemua(f): 7:37am On Mar 24, 2015
erisegun:
d one wit PH.D has failed us*lets giv d man wit no certificate a chance*
Seriously? Instead of us to vote for someone who has little understanding we should settle for one who has none? It doesn't make a sense.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (29) (Reply)

PDP Rejects Presidential Election Results / What Really Caused The Nigerian Civil War Of 1967 - 1969? / Idara Gold: Lady Celebrates Her Birthday In Biafra Outfit, Gets Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.